Mayo Clinic

Mayo Clinic Employer Reviews

Cytotechnologist (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 4, 2014
Top notch. Interesting cases. Great pathologists. Opportunity to learn other techniques. On site rapid assessment of FNA's.
Progressive and Diverse place to work.
Research Study Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, MNSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: diverse with many oppurtunities.
Cons: lacking in skilled managers.
Work day includes a variety of tasks and opportunities to continue to learn new skills and advance knowledge in a variety of areas. Working at Mayo clinic has offered a chance to work in various departments including Clinical Trials, Research, Data Entry, Quality Control, and Clinical Laboratory Science. This has allowed for me to acquire a broad base of skills and abilities.
A second family!
Registrar III / Trainer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: superior patient care and work/life balance.
Working at Mayo Clinic was an amazing opportunity which exceeded expectations.
I loved my job helping people during a very difficult time in their life and I really enjoyed all of my co-workers.
Patient Financial Planner (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIAugust 28, 2014
Pros: we were treated to a nice company christmas party and a small monetary gift.
Cons: understaffed, stressful, not appreciated.
A typical day at work was busy with patients stopping in with questions on their bills, or needing help with payments on the balance owed. I also answered the phones and helped people with questions on various things. I also had a variety other duties and reports etc... that also needed to be completed during the day and was in charges of many programs( Infertility, Cardiac Rehab, Home Health and Hospice) etc... I learned to be patient, compassionate, firm, and how to prioritize my day. I learned how to work , but have fun doing it. My co-workers were the best- always willing to help out when needed. The hardest part of the job was working with dying patients. Management received their directives from Rochester which was a big change from the day I started this job
medical physicist
Diagnostic Medical Physicist (MRI) (Current Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 25, 2014
excellent company to work and the employees have good values
LOTS of bullying and gossip as well as an ineffective, unskilled manager that had a specific group of favorites.
Specialist (Former Employee), Mankato, MNAugust 25, 2014
Pros: a few of my co-workers were dedicated, worked hard to accomplish what needed to be done.
Cons: very dysfunctional, management did not have a clear idea of what needed to be done to improve the department., most suggestions were left unanswered or simply disregarded with no explanation.
Very difficult workplace in my opinion. Many people in the department I was in, were not treated well by co-workers and there was a junior-high mentality. Not professional. There was a specific group of people that were treated far better than others. What was OK for some was an opportunity for someone else to be written up and placed in their permanent file. This was not an environment I was accustomed to working. Overtime was not allowed but many days people clocked out but continued to work unpaid so the next shift would not gossip about them.
Best!!
Emergency Department Statistician/Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2014
Best job ever. No other hospital compares to the Mayo Clinic !!
A good place to work
RN (Former Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 15, 2014
I was able to stay with the same company and work at many different jobs. I worked various shifts, expanded my knowledge,
and made great friends.
Amazing Company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaAugust 7, 2014
Mayo Clinic is what the medical field should represent! Mayo is the gold standard for healthcare.
Professional and Rewarding
WELLNESS NAVIGATOR INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 7, 2014
The training was very thorough and for a new project it was clear what was expected. It was a fun experience and the perks of working at Mayo are nice, too.
Best patient care culture in America!
Orthopedic Technician/Team Leader (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2014
Pros: the ability to treat patients with the most trained, focused and compassionate staff and equipment to provide the positive outcomes for the patients.
Cons: for myself, the biggest con was only treating people that could afford it.
My role at Mayo was to direct the Post-Op and Outpatient casting and treatment clinic. It was a very busy practice. Great co-workers! The hardest part of the job, was leaving it everyday. The most enjoyable was collaborating with intelligent, compassionate and hardworking staff to provide positive outcomes for our patients.
definetly not a fan place to work
Research Fellow (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 26, 2014
Very rigid structure, same for the culture in the workplace
very inspiring; humanistic; educations; resources
Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2014
Pros: inspiring; self and others
Cons: ability to reenter once left
I was very impressed as what was demonstrated in orientation I also seen in action on the nursing units; offices and wherever I went within the facility. Increased educational and personal oportunities. Culturally sensitive to "whites" as well...
i did the haz for the mayo clinic
Dangerous goods agent (Former Employee), Fed EX EXpressJuly 18, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed doing my work with the mayo clinic, aand enjoyed the reconition for the job i was doing
Cons: can.t really think of any
I loved doing the haz for the Mayo clinic. I had gotten many awards for my work. I even had my manager, my senior manager, the manager of the off load team, Fred Smith, which is also on the board of the Mayo clinic, and another board member of the Mayo clinic, and the manager of the off load team because it was so much easier to unload and had very few if any damanages, came to watch me and how I would load their freight. When I started doing their haz, I reduced their damages by at least 99%.They were well impressed on my job i was doing.
RN (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: favoritism, dental benefits
As with any facility it has it pros and cons. Management overall is very attune to their employees but certain managers do tend to play favoritism. Advancement seems to be contingent on favoritism and not education or skills.
Enjoyable and caring environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 10, 2014
Friendly staff members who care about their patients. Enjoyed volunteering here and would do it again.
Great employer, less than desirable team
Analyst (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 7, 2014
Pros: rewarding career with an exceptional employer
Cons: trying to understand odd behavior of colleagues who lack professional conduct
Mayo is a great place to work with great people to collaborate with. However, in my current role, the "team" is dysfunctional, and lacks the ability to support one another. My work environment does not consist of members who are familiar with the Mayo culture, which is extremely unfortunate for me. Fortunately I support a great aspect of Mayo clinic and am able to keep connected with those around me who exhibit exceptional work ethic and Mayo values. The hardest part of my job is understanding the behaviors of my colleagues, not the work that I do, which I love greatly. The most enjoyable aspect is seeing the results of my work pay off.
Great Hospital
Registered Nurse, Oncology/Hemoc/BMT/Medical (Current Employee), Jacksonville, flJuly 7, 2014
Great place to work. Great people to work with. Very good working environment.
Mayo Clinic
Patient Account Service Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 3, 2014
Pros: satisfied patients.
Cons: training of new employees.
Duties on a typical work day were to process Research Protocol sheets from Clinical Coordinators, Nursing staff and Doctors for all specialties. Handled all MDA patients insurance claims and made sure they were not balanced billed. Billed the MDA grant for qualified patients. Filed work comp and auto for patients to an outside company and followed up to make sure all claims were processed. Processed incoming insurance payments as well as patient payments. Registered new and existing patients. Met with patients to assist with insurance denials. Filed all employee work comp. Filed Epilepsy authorized claims for payment with proper documentation. Processed pre-employee patients for new employees. Handling the Research really helped with understanding the clinical side of Mayo which allowed me to do my job efficiently. I was very fortunate to have a very supportive Management staff and was very close to my co-workers. The favorite part of my job was the challenges I faced processing the Research billing and also working with the Clinic Coordinators. I was able to create this position and work with the Coordinators to create a very team oriented process.
Review
Registered Nurse-Organ Transplant (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 2, 2014
Pros: patients and doing bedside nursing
Cons: no lunch, not getting out on time, denied vacation, bad parking
Mayo Clinic is a good place to work. The unit I am on is very stressful. Primary work with the liver, kidney, and pancreas. Management tends to be by the books and there is no compromising, All the people i work with have been there for years and seniority plays a big part. The hardest part of my job is working all 3 shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my patients and building that rapport up.

About Mayo Clinic

Multidisciplinary teamwork with coordinated care is Mayo Clinic's secret sauce. The not-for-profit Mayo Clinic provides health – Read more