Mayo Clinic

Mayo Clinic Employer Reviews

Great benefits
HR Employee Service Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, MNApril 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: turn around time
I have been a part of many great organizations and I can proudly say that Mayo Clinic is a employer who value their employees and offer the best benefits possible to their employees.
Multifaceted institution with outstanding resources and possibilities.
Perioperative Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Rochester, MNApril 13, 2014
A place where you look forward to going to work each day. The management and staff make it a pleasure to provide a high level of care. Providing high quality patient care is in itself quite rewarding and the resources to do so are all in place.
Great place to work where pts come first and teamwork is always there
Hematology/Oncology/SCT/Medical-Tele RN (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2014
12 hour shifts taking care of hematology/oncology/stem cell transplant recipients. Busy floor where teamwork is second to none. Great family base of nurses.
Great experience working at the prestigous Mayo Clinic/Rochester
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Rochester, MNApril 6, 2014
Pros: truly professional supervisors, access to everything underground.
Cons: minnesota winters too long and too cold.
My supervisor was great, as was Barb Pickett, who interviewed and hired me. Working in Heme/Onc around wonderful doctors from all over the world that were concentrating all their efforts on bringing an end to cancer and/or treating with such expertise and CARE their patients made being part of that team a truly once in a lifetime opportunity. Mayo Clinic – more... provided lots of opportunities for advancement, even giving free educational courses to its employees and NOT docking us for the time spent during the work day in classes! If you have to live in frigid Minnesota, Rochester's the place to be, with its underground subway shopping, dining, theaters and more. I learned so much about dozens of cultures due to patients and their families coming from all over the world for medical care. For someone who wants to learn, learn, learn, Mayo Clinic provides loads of chances to do just that. If I hadn't needed to return to California to be near my aging dad during his last years, I would never have left Mayo. OK, the winters got to me, too. But I've never been happier working anywhere before or since. – less
Stable job
Surgical Index Coder (Former Employee), Rochester, MNApril 5, 2014
Cons: supervisory changes frequently
I honestly miss work there as it is very enjoyable job to work for Mayo Clinic.. Fantastic benefits and hours and the co-workers I worked with in the past.
World-renowned patient-centered hospital
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Rochester, MNMarch 29, 2014
Mayo Clinic Hospital uses a team-approach, ensuring patient care is coordinated among all relevant specialties while patient is admitted.
A teaching hospital, patients are seen by residents and consultants. The nursing care is compassionate and meticulous.
Nursing care is a team approach, as well, with joint decision making and committees to ensure – more... all views are heard. – less
very good
Laundry Truck Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 18, 2014
the laundry department got bought by the other company. and they change the management and all the benefits ect... was change, after that it was not good working w/the new company.
Professional work environment
Sports Medicine Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Rochester, MNMarch 17, 2014
Composed/edited questionnaires/articles, attended meetings, Junior A Hockey data analysis, assisted in obtaining IRB approvals, clinical patient summaries
Administrative Staff (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 17, 2014
Pros: strong management, mutual respect, well-rounded, great campus
Cons: hard to move up
Great management, strong/respectful culture. Depending on your department, there is a lot of self-management in terms of meetings, time, etc. There are a lot of opportunities to shine whether it is on a committee, lean project, community outreach team, etc. Hardest part of the job is many departments are stretched thin in terms of employees as it is – more... becoming harder to afford additional employees, so we are being asked to work smarter with less resources, which can be difficult to do. – less
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 13, 2014
Not really a good experience for me there. Management through sodex awful. They do not want you to better your self as an employee. I do not recommend any one to go working for sodex if they want to move forward in life.
Organized, but very very busy floor
TRAVEL RN was there for 3 mos assignment (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2014
Pros: interesting patients, complicated diagnosis etc. learned alot.
Cons: short breaks, heavy patient loads
Travel assignment, receptive to travel nurses not that great, as some hospitals are. 2006-2009 see lists of hospitals worked at as a traveller and per diem nurse.
Opportunities for advancement
Scheduling Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, MNMarch 7, 2014
Company was a great place to work and had room for advancement and job opportunities. Tuition reimbursement to encourage college graduates and education. Management could use some tips on leadership qualities.
My typical day
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Mayo Clinic RochesterFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: good natured users, enough work to keep me busy, and challenges that keep the job interesting.
Typical Day at Work:
A typical day usually consists of handling problem calls from user which can result in new equipment orders, researching various issues with applications, requesting services from other groups, tracking inventory, and assisting team members as needed. Additional tasks include writing documentation, researching user and workstation – more... account information in active directory, determine security requirements for specialized workstations, and scripting.

What I have learned:
I have learned a lot about various topics including how a hospital IT Staff prioritizes work, Windows XP and 7, how to better assist my users and teach them how to handle basic tasks. better methods of writing documentation, and develop connections across the organization so I can get tasks completed quickly with very little delay.

Management:
My manager is good at giving direction and then stepping back to let me handle the assigned task in my way. If I need assistance in getting some task handled, he is willing to talk to managers in other departments to help me get the resources I need to get the job done.

My Coworkers:
My coworkers are very knowledgeable in their areas of expertise. I can request assistance as needed from them and they help to the best of their ability.

The hardest part of the job:
There are applications that are used by users that I do not support. When the users have issues with those applications, they normally call me to help them resolve it. In a lot of those cases, I have to open a ticket with application support and wait for them to call back. I try to get problems resolved right away but when I have to wait for a return call from an application support person, it's hard to tell the user they will have to wait before I can get their issue resolved.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
The part I like best about my job is helping the users. I enjoy trying to figure out problems and making the users happy when I resolve the issue they have been having. – less
Creative and smart people
Intern in Health Sciences Research (Former Employee), Rochester, MNFebruary 20, 2014
Good environment to learn, work and make progress, with good, fun colleagues.
Excellent Work Environment
FF&E Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free parking
Mayo Clinic was an excellent place to work and provided me with an opportunity to grow. A typical day was to check with what had been completed the day before, work with different departments in providing for their needs in the finishing of the 214-bed hospital addition to the main campus. The do-workers were delightful to work with, knowledgeable and – more... helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the budget and documenting all that needed documenting. (I'm very detailed oriented for such a large budget that I wanted to make sure that the details were correct.) The most enjoyable part of the job was the great interaction with the design team and the "customers" within Mayo with whom I worked. – less
MAYO CLINIC
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, MNFebruary 19, 2014
It all started here. Amazing opportunity. Excellent. No need to explore other healthcare sites in this region.
Working with great people with the best benefits
PATIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day at work was interacting with doctors and patients. I would provide support to patients including wheelchair transportation. My duties included pulling medical records and organizing them prior to the patient arrived to make their appointment run smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients to make their stay – more... at Mayo a great experience. – less
Enlightening
Casual Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), New Prague, MNFebruary 16, 2014
Cover high school sporting events. Providing care of minor injuries and occasionally decided return to play after an athlete sustains a more serious injury. I've learned how to interact with coaches, athletes, parents and officials.
Clean and friendly workshop with many responsibilities.
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2014
Open shop, cash drawer, safe. Produced previous days closing figures for financial on the computer. Prepared money pickup package. Straightened or rearranged shop for neatness and eye appeal. Greeted customers. Checked in and displayed new merchandise.
clean all jcpenney store, bathroom, beauty
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee), Mayag├╝ez, PRJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: no lunch, no break
Cons: no health plan, no vacation
work only saturday and sunday, three hours, no more hours to work

About Mayo Clinic

Multidisciplinary teamwork with coordinated care is Mayo Clinic's secret sauce. The not-for-profit Mayo Clinic provides health – Read more