Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 1,064 reviews matching the search
Mayo - A Health Care Facility that Cares
Cardiology Hospital Services; Ambulatory Surgery (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 6, 2017
Mayo Clinic is a once in a lifetime opportunity for work and for receiving health care. I worked there for 5 years in 3 different nursing roles. I had encouragement from both employees and management to increase my knowledge by obtaining a graduate degree. I learned from all the expertise and knowledge of other employees and the consultants that make the health care at this facility one of the best. The research and development of all disease processes is outstanding. The workplace culture is one that helps mold you and make you a better person in all that you do in the future. One thing remains sure that "the needs of the patient come first" in all that I do.
Pros
Workplace culture.
EVS Tech II (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 5, 2017
Management was nice because they could tell that I knew what I was doing, so they gave me a looser leash to help others and be the go to person for questions.
Workplace Culture
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 5, 2017
Mayo Clinic is an exceptional place to work. The Mayo Clinic gives amazing benefits and everyone is treated as an equal. Here you will see patients from all over the world.
Attendant aide (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2017
My daily job was to clean OR rooms after surgery, help position patients, and stock the room with certain equipment needed. I adored my job before getting terminated based off discrimination. I corrected my manager on professionalism..And didn't last two weeks after that
Pros
Discount food, employee benefits, cultural diversity
Cons
Some unprofessional management
Dedication
IT Systems Analyst/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 1, 2017
The department was comprised of a dedicated, close knit group of employees who believed in the values of Mayo Clinic as a whole as well as the individual department.
workflow
Emergency Room Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 31, 2017
Nice hospital with great training and very nice people to work with.
I really enjoy working with the doctors. Training was the best. You are never alone when working at Mayo.
Pros
greta training
Cons
too far from where I live at the time
Fun place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNAugust 28, 2017
happy to be an employee there and love the work environment. the employees make it hard some days but it's the same anyplace you go! i hope to stay there a while but it's hard to know
Fun place to work
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 26, 2017
Mayo Clinic is a fun place to work, but keeps taking benefits away from its employees. They are covering less and less and offering less. It is a great place to go for medical care unless you are an employee!
Stressful environment
Medical Practice Secretary - Hem/Onc (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2017
Management are difficult to work with. It's a very stressful environment and they pay well to keep people working there. After a time, the benefits are not worth the negative aspects of the position.
decent
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 23, 2017
Mayo Clinic was a pretty decent place to work. was pretty good pay for what you had to do. I was in housekeeping some it all depended on what area you cleaned as well and what manager you got
Micro management to the max!
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLAugust 22, 2017
I was overworked and under paid considering that I was purposely chosen for increase clerical duties due to unspoken language barriers or intelligence for technology.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
bias profiling
Mayo Clinic
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2017
Overall, Mayo Clinic is a great place to work. For the most part, everyone works together as a team to deliver an outstanding patient experience. Similar to other institutions, opportunities for professional advancement are limited due to the highly competitive nature of the workforce.
Pros
Benefits, Team-Oriented Environment, Integrated Healthcare
Wonderful Co-workers
Medical Practice Secretary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2017
I did not agree with some of the values. My background is in mental and behavioral health and the culture is much different regarding help need vs economic issues.
Pros
Excellent healthcare
Cons
You only rec'd help if you were someone with money or prestige.
Busy nice environment
Accounts Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 21, 2017
I did like working here although it was such a big place to work for and many different departments with cubicles I kinda felt like a number everyone wore name badges and communicated by email. I basically had a list of unpaid claims to follow up on and to be sure they were paid per the contract insurance rate.
Pros
Professional, organized, cafeteria, great benefits, work over time when ever you wanted
Cons
it was hard to establish a professional relationship with your co-workers
Great work place with room for advancement
Clinic Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 21, 2017
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with Mayo. They treat their volunteers well and allow you to keep flexible hours. I would recommend volunteering here to everyone
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
can be difficult to maintain a regular scheduled time to come in so you need to be flexible
The job is fine, company, not so much
Lab Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2017
The lab is a great place to work, and I'd get my foot in the door to move up. The problem is, the competition is just so high, you can't get anywhere. I've applied for numerous jobs for over a year now and I have had 1 interview. I have applications that are waiting for a response for over 2 months and I am well qualified for the positions I am applying for.

If you get in and you are ok with not moving up with the company, it's a great place to work. If you are a go getter and want to get out of your current position, it's not happening.
benefits
Cons
can't move up within the company
Patient account representative II
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 21, 2017
Off site management out of Eau Claire does not foster positive employee relations and does not encourage open comments from employees nor employee feedback. Work site in an economically depressed area with crime. Insufficient parking provided for employees. Lower rate of pay compared with job comps. Building not fully handicapped accessible.
My first job
5) my work is enjoyable
6) without cricket its hard to work atleast week once
fun place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 20, 2017
I like to work for Mayo Clinic is one of the best place to work.
loved the face paced, lots of walking, helped with daily cares, helped people great to work with.
face paced
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 18, 2017
loved the face paced, lots of walking, helped with daily cares, helped with walking, feeding. people great to work with.
hard to get off 3rd shift, promised but never happened

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayo Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2