Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 18, 2016
I have worked at Mayo for almost 10 years. Its a great place to work, receive education, and great opportunities to grow as an individual. I learned and received a large amount of training.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Large company
It was a learning environment with great coworkers
LPN (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 17, 2016
Multiple areas to work in, could learn many aspects of nursing.It gave me insight as to what patients saw how nurses treated others in the work environment. I taught resident doctors about the clinical settings and they taught me about medicine and why they practiced how they did. Overall great learning experience.
I have worked here for almost 21 years.....
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 17, 2016
After having worked here for almost 21 years, I can say that I have been treated well as an employee- I have had wonderful supervisors that were willing to help me/work with me as family things arrive as they do in people's lives! With a family of 6, it has had a great health insurance program!
fun
Build and Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 14, 2016
Mayo Clinic Global Business Solutions extends Mayo Clinic knowledge and expertise by delivering an integrated portfolio of market-leading products and services to meet the needs of people across the health spectrum and throughout their lives.
Productive and fun work environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2016
Maintains regular contact with medical specialty areas (physicians, secretaries, and administrators) as needed as part of the patient care team to ensure quality-scheduling services
Interact with patients and physicians to schedule appropriate appointments
Independently recognizes, interprets, and evaluates medical conditions and their level of urgency.
great benefits
cook (Former Employee) –  Barron, WISeptember 30, 2016
great benefits offered everything including medical, dental, generous PTO, company paid STD, LTD. good co-workers and environment. would recommend as a company to work for.
Rochester campus - AVOID this place
RN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 29, 2016
I'm not really impressed with Mayo. Lots of little "ways" of doing things which are obscure and tedious. Charting is a disaster. Poorly-staffed units. Techs aren't trained to be more than glorified sitters. The Saint Mary's building is hum-drum, outdated, and glum. Crucifixes in every room. Everything is based on this "image" that Mayo wants to portray and the needs of the patient don't come first - the image does....for rich people who are cured of illness and donate $$$ to the foundation. Rochester is nothing without Mayo. You see your coworkers and patients out in public. Rochester is boring. Huge mistake taking this job. Poor cafeteria hours. No parking (you have to take busses, shuttles, etc).
Pros
Relatively decent pay
Cons
See list in message
Office Assistant
Urology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 26, 2016
Provide back help for the entire floor including Staff, PA-C,NP RN, CA's, PAC and Secretary Office help. I Fix, order repairs, order supplies.

I am very busy all day, so time flies by.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
We have had a large turnover.
Quality care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 26, 2016
Quality place to work, excellent care for the patients. Managers ensured that quality care was being delivered. Co-workers were respectful of patients and other coworkers.
It's Mayo
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 26, 2016
Being an outsider from Mayo, I am not impressed. Management does not have a clue how unhappy their employees are. However, the employees are sincerely happy to take care of the patients and that is what matters most.
Pros
Job security, great co-workers
Cons
poor pay
Best company to work for!!!
Cardiovascular Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2016
This company really cares and takes care of their employees. Received 5 raises in two years of employment. All staff is friendly and courteous to each other. Everyone seems happy to work here. Pay is great! Clean hospital and clinic. Patients are friendly and thankful. Management is incredible! Love this place!
Pros
Pay, Management, Culture, Staff
Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 16, 2016
Great team to work with. Gathering requirements, communicating with stake holders and writing user stories. Liaising with Dev team for application development.
Quality & Compliance
Revenue Analyst I, Quality and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 15, 2016
Project manager of our Resident and new provider education
Monitors revenue recognition and billing compliance
Identifies revenue and billing issues
Problem-solver and Critical Thinker
Assistant Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 11, 2016
A great place to work. A typical day ensuring production is met/exceeded while identifying issues or delays within the process of my job role. We work together with great communication to minimize delays of patients' requests. My position requires me to be independent with little supervision because I tele-work three weeks out of each month. I enjoy the finding issues/concerns so that we can become a more universal within the processes across all three sites (AZ, FL, and MN).
Pros
Job satisfaction through challenging tasks
Cons
No advancement opportunity
The work is fine. Coworkers are not
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 10, 2016
I hate going to work. The small hospital cliques are awful. I've never heard or seen so much gossip. It is like an art form for them. The doctors are great. If I could just work with them I'd be fine. I drive too far to put up with such immature people who never left high school. It's exhausting to say the least. 6 people have left my part of the lab within the year and a half that I've been there. Two of them paid to get out of their year contract because the people were so rude to them, two people made it 3 months maximum, 1 was there 2 years and wanted to move up the ladder but was stuck where they were at, and one almost made it a year. The two contract people had both gone to upper management and HR and nothing changed. Your breaks aren't always guarenteed and the pay is not low to middle range. Also, some techs aren't certified to be doing everything that they are doing.
Pros
Workload
Cons
People
Very Productive, Great Place, Great Memories
Anesthesia Technician/Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Mayo has taught me a lot. I've had the pleasure of being a part of their family. Great staff, good management, good hours, a lot of educational opportunities, good benefits. The hardest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of my job was my relationship with my co-workers, they were my second family.
Pros
Salary, benefits, Educational
Cons
Parking
Rated #1 Hospital in all of Florida
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2016
I am priviliged to be a part of such a prestigious clinic, hospital and specialty institution. Mayo Clinic is a world reknowned Clinic and Hospital that has several different specialties. With a mission of "the needs of the patient comes first," it has its priorities straight. Working at the Mayo Clinic is challenging, however, making sure that each and every individual patient's needs are met daily. We have a superb staff, with management that is hands-on and always has an open door policy.
Pros
Great benefits
Professional yet Personable
HOSA President (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 31, 2016
Mayo clinic is a fine establishment for employees and patients alike. Expectations are high for health care professionals which is as should be expected for such an establishment. As a Student shadowing these health care professional I was never assigned to a person who was disinterested in their job or showing me the ins and outs of it.
Pros
optimal care
Cons
high expectations
Good Starter Job
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, MNAugust 30, 2016
Good job to have as a launching pad, but not a long term employment option. Easy way to learn many responsibilities and skills.
Mediocre
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNAugust 29, 2016
This is an okay place to work. I did not like some of the culture, there is a lot of drama and cattiness. Compensation is also horrible. They did give bonuses at Christmas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayo Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2