Mayors Jewelers Employee Reviews

Do not work here or waste your talents at this place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 14, 2017
A poorly structured and managed company. There is extreme favoritism among store managers. Store managers will throw you under the bus to protect themselves. Upper management turns a blind eye to managers holding and posting sales for events, overcharging for minor repairs, removing stock items from watches to sell to the customer and holding the watch until the pieces arrived. Their best watch brand dominates the entire organization and without they would close the same week.
Pros
Some slight discounts
Cons
The entire management: store directors, managers, executive management and their constant lies of commissions and so called bonuses
Excellent Place to Work
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great environment. Learn sales etiquette on the job. Most of my sales training comes from Mayors. I never should have left for more money. But, now I am working for a great company, however, I recommend this company to everyone who loves luxury sales.
fun workplace made and lots of friends
Credit Representative-Credit & Collection analyst (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 17, 2017
1st real job after getting out of military had no experience at credit analyst or collection which i learn later during my years employed
there.Had very good teachers train me very well learn a lot about reading credit bureaus all 3 of them,as a credit analyst would run credit files and assign credit limits base on your credit file.
Pros
new experience
Cons
work seven days a week
An awesome place to work!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2017
This company has been a great experience for me. I have gotten a lot of work experience from them. I have grown a lot and have learned some valuable lessons.
dynamic and fun industry
Breitling Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 3, 2017
You will approach clients and find innovative ways to have them buy a high end timepiece, management is sometimes involved in sales without your consent. You will meet lots of great, fun and wealthy people and small business owners.
Pros
work with high end time pieces, enhance your people skills and contests.
Cons
advancement is tough.
*management is very poor from the top on down
Professional Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 10, 2016
The management is poor from the top on down. Highly Do not recommend. They do not recognize the top sales people and hard earned effort, rather they reward the people that did not work the sales but worked the management into playing favorites
great work place
Store - Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 29, 2015
Mayors is a Productive workplace to learn, best House of brand Names, Exelent locations in South Florida.
I love and enjoy my first years in this great Company
Productive and fun place to work
Merchandising Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 10, 2014
A typical day at work starts with running Sales report in the morning. Creating orders. Contacting suppliers to verify pricing, items descriptions and availability of product ordered.
Interacting with various departments from Inventory Control, to the Finance Department to the Receiving & Shipping Departments ensuring the flow of orders placed, received and processed in system.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of completing all the steps to have the product sent to the stores. Beautiful pieces are put in display in showcases and sales of high end ticketed items are sold.
The atmosphere in the corporate office is enjoyable due to people bonding and enjoy working together to accomplish one goal, the success of the company.
Pros
Ability to see first end new products which will be sent to the stores, have the advantage of purchasing at cost price
Cons
The healthcare benefits not desirable
a typical day at work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tamarac, FLAugust 3, 2014
my job at Mayors consists of multi-tasking during the course of the day. we start off by taking care of any web orders that have come in during the night. see if there's stock, if there isn't ,transfer the purchased item from a store to full fill the order. any orders over $500 we have to call the credit card company and do credit verification. we have to reply and take care of all the emails and requests that clients send in through the info email. answer them if we know the answer, if not, forward them to the proper store or person. also, credit applications come in, we have to determine if the person applying for credit is eligible. run a credit report, and analyze if they qualify. if they do, set up an account and give the store associate the account# to proceed with the sale. answer all telephone calls that come in from the stores or clients. look up accounts, take payments, explain why they are being charged interest, or why their balance is what it is. when clients are late, need to make collection calls to get payment. if they cannot be located, need to do a search to find telephone numbers of family members. make files for collection agency or attorneys to sue them. go to court for mediation. repossessions. bankruptcies.
Pros
i've learned alot through the years, and am knowledgeable enough to work in credit, collection, customer service, and/or all
Fantastic work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 26, 2013
Management is great. Great Benefits and Pay. Growth opportunity.
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 1, 2012
Management is great here at mayors. Employees all get along. Very fun and inviting company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayors Jewelers. Our community is ready to answer.