Mayville Engineering Company

Mayville Engineering Company Employee Reviews

former
Paint Line (Former Employee), Beaver DamMarch 13, 2015
Cons: Horrible management
It was one of the worst places I've worked. I was thrown in to position with little to almost no training. When I brought it up to supervisor, he asked me if I thought he had time for this problem. Really. I took this job with the mind set of 4- 10's with my weekends for family. Not really ended up worked 5-12's, never seen my kids or husband. Not worth it. I started to ask how long some of the co-workers had been there. Not one of them could say more then1 1/2 years. That means high turn over. Since I left I watch their wanted ads. I truly feel leaving there was the best thing.
no life out side of work
paint line (Current Employee), mayville wiFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: don't miss to much work
Thay say 4 10 hour days than it 6 12 hour days. its hard to set up baby siters. oh ya we are now on 5 8hour days and now we have to work Friday and maybe Saturdays
horrible place to work
welder (Former Employee), wytheville,VAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: the employees are very nice and try to help as best they can
Cons: management all around from scheduling, production, personal relations skills
upper management treats supervisors very badly which in turn causes supervisors to be overstressed and treat employees very badly. talks to employees like dogs. no annual raises and no opportunity for advancement. I worked there a year or two and every employee I talked to hated it. over work employees constantly, 6to7 days a week. normally 10hours or more daily. overscheduling by upper management with no backup plan for equipment breakdown. just work employees longer hours to make up schedule. maintenance rarely comes when called and never have parts in stock to fix anything. what looks good on paper for mec doesn't translate to good place to work not to mention supervisors don't know how to do hardly any of the jobs they are in charge of. New employees are thrown in headfirst and either sink or swim because not properly trained.
awful job
welder (Former Employee), greenwood scJanuary 31, 2015
Cons: everything
i worked there for almost 2 months before finding a real job that paid skilled welders what they deserved. management is a job and feels they can talk to you like a dog. hours are good if you have no family and no like 12hr days 6 days only off on sunday because they pay double time on sunday and they're not going to give you that. its a great job for convicted felons, unskilled trades and child molesters seeing as those types of ppl cant find a good job. best thing i ever did was quit mec. good luck
Stay clear of the place in Vanderbilt, Mi
Part loader/ Washer (Current Employee), Vanderbilt, MiJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: mon-friday work
Cons: pay, ins, no advancements. dead end job.
First off when i got interviewed, i was told there is job advancements, promotions etc. Never any promotions or raises. I seen people there for 19 years and making $11 per hr. No future! Also was told they understand if someone can't make it to work due to the bad roads in the area and if the flu gets you. Well i had the flu on a thursday and friday. Called in and lost my job. They wouldn't even listen to reason or accept a doctor note stating i had a high fever and couldn't barley stand up! I begged for a second chance to hr and still they shot me down. Nobody can say when or if they will get the flu!
Quality oriented workplace
Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Beaver Dam, WIJanuary 3, 2015
They are constantly looking for ways to improve upon the quality of products and cost efficient methods to produce products in a safe and manageable manner. The workers are very friendly and are willing to help you out with whatever you need.
Productive workplace, really simple
Thermal Wrap Team (Current Employee), Wayland, MIDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: terrible point system
This is a good company to work for if you just need a job. It pays decent and has passable benefits, but the management needs a course in people skills. The work itself is not bad, its the policies that are in effect. If you have a series of life events, regardless of how good a worker you are, you will be pointed out and lose your job. This doesn't sit well with me because you could lose your job for being in the hospital for 5 days. The zero-tolerance issue with the point system needs a review and should be overhauled to protect the employee.
They helped me.
Forklift Operator etc. (Current Employee), Beaver Dam, WISeptember 19, 2014
Pros: pretty easy & relaxed environment.
Cons: hours are not steady for 2nd shift.
This was the only factory that would take me with no experience. I would enjoy the job much more if it had steady work. Constant shut down of the paint line makes it hard for steady money.
Fast paced employee owned
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Mayville, WIJuly 2, 2014
Cons: not real flexible on work hours
Great cooworkers and pride by workers because the company is employee owned. High quality desires are held by everyone.
Small town atmosphere but above average technology at this company
Proactive company looking to the future
Plant maintenance/ Driver (Current Employee), Vanderbilt NorthMay 15, 2014
Pros: proactive company
Cons: yet...
Good company to work for. Management is proactive with production,future goals and problem resolution. Great atmosphere where staff pulls their weight or they get in trouble - the way it should be. Don't expect to join up and sit around; you will be down the road. Been here a short time and just love it.
pretty good company to work for
Floater (Former Employee), Mayville, WIApril 18, 2014
if u can handle working out of town by the day or wk and working outside in the elements then its a good place to work for
Excellent
Quality Director (Current Employee), WisconsinDecember 28, 2012
Pros: employee owned.
Mayville Engineering is a great place to work and invest in your future!
assembling computer chassis
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Mayville, WINovember 10, 2012
It was an ok place for me to work at the time, it was good. I learned quite a bit on the floor how things were made.

Mayville Engineering Company Photos