Mazzetti is an innovative, full-service engineering firm that makes the world a better place by creating better environments. We design healthy, sustainable facilities in the healthcare, mission critical, science & technology, and higher education markets.
Domestically and internationally, we strive to understand, influence, and prepare our clients for the future—driving positive change in our industry through research and policy work, planning, financing, and project delivery processes. The services we provide our clients include MEPT engineering, commissioning, equipment planning, and sustainability.
Throughout our 9 offices across the US, we are an employee-owned company of proactive, creative individuals committed to making the world a better place.
Job Description: We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our San Francisco office who will have an Engineering degree with in-depth Revit experience, able to lead the BIM effort including initial project setup, development of internal project BIM process and procedures, execution and maintenance of a project BIP, design and coordination in a collaborative environment including other consultants and contractors, implementation of company standards for the office/team, and training. This position is responsible for the accurate and timely production of non-routine and complex drafting assignments requiring application of standardized drawing techniques.
- Respond to CAD/BIM team emergencies and provide solutions for other teams
- Responsible for setting up the BIM models for projects
- Assist our CAD/BIM Managers in developing and enforcing standards
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of industry and developing technologies
- Implement company standards and provide quality control for projects to ensure code compliance
- Manage the flow of CAD/BIM files from engineers and drafters between our offices or international counterparts, as well as to and from clients
- Prepare and maintain working drawings for current CAD/BIM projects
- Produce CAD/BIM documents using traditional drafting methods as well as BIM.
- Manage all production of drawings and submittals to client
- Administer all team CAD/BIM files electronically located in project electronic directories
- Minimum 3 years of experience using Autodesk MEP, Revit MEP and/or Architectural Desktop applications within an AEC firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with 3-D modeling, especially Revit
- Experience with traditional 2-D CAD drafting
- High standards and acute attention to details
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Capacity to work on complex projects with general direction
- Familiarity with construction standards and terminology
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within and manage constantly changing priorities