Mazzone Hospitality Employee Reviews

Great environment to work in
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYDecember 29, 2016
Loved the people I worked with, management always made sure schedules and hours were proper. Benefits worked out well. Everyone gets along well within the job. I would recommend to job to anyone.
Serving
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 28, 2016
Tough work but definitely helps to shape you to have an awesome work ethic. You work with some great people that become your life long friends.
Weddings
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 21, 2016
I worked as a sever for banquet events. I worked wedding, company parties, fund raising events, and companies holiday parties.
Bad experience.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYJuly 25, 2016
Much yelling in the kitchen. Managers definitely play favorites. I found the restaurant to be a very hostile working environment.
Pros
Free kitchen leftovers on occasion.
Cons
No breaks.
Fast-paced and fun work environment
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 15, 2016
Worked alongside managers on a daily basis in a very productive, fast-paced environment. Extensive training in leadership and quality customer service. Outstanding co-workers who were exceptional team players and provided a fun work environment during long days. The hardest part of the job would be the extensive amount of hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting incredible people within the company as well as outside of the company during events.
High intensity work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYJune 16, 2016
Although there was lots of running around and high stress situations. The other employees who worked at Mazzone made it much easier to come into work each and every shift.
Fun and Productive Place to work
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 3, 2015
Amazing staff and management. Very flexible when it comes to your schedule. Pays very fair and is a great place for a college student to work because they save your position. Lots of opportunity to move up.
a day & life with mazzone
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  new yorkDecember 23, 2013
a typical work day for me includes reading about the event taking place, setting up for the event, building stations, setting tables. when the party arrives, show them to their seat, get them any drinks when necessary, serve the 1st course, take & post orders, clear 1st course. refill any beverages. serve 2nd course, clear, & so on until the last course. offer/serve coffee. at the end of the event, we clear the entire room, break down, sometimes set up for the next event. Many things I have learned while employed with this company is what hospitality really means. The management at mazzone, to me is great, if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have such a great team. Nothing would run so smoothly without their guidance. The hardest part about the job would be working at different locations that you are not used to and just feeling lost, but working with a team that is helpful makes it easier. The most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing at the end of the event you did your best work to make it a successful event & to also make all the guests happy enough where they want to return.
Pros
Meeting new people, seeing different things
Great management and working community
Emplyee (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 12, 2014
Best Job I have had so far. My coe workers were great and fun! We all got along and made it a point to hang outside of work. I found a great group of friends once I started working there. Even if you made a mistake, everyone was there to help you. No matter what they were doing they came to help.

A typical day at work would be driving to the site of the event. Wearing black pants, black shoes, black belt and your black set up shirt. You would help set up the event and unload the trucks. Then you would have a staff meeting and meal. By this time your "on the floor" shirt and vest and tie are on. After the meeting you would go finish the rest of the set up. At the end of the event you would clean up the event then pack the trucks and leave. This job is a job where you are constantly working and moving. If your standing around then your not doing your job.
Pros
People, Catering all different events
Cons
Hours (Wouldn't get back until 2 or 3 the next morning)
very well-run establishment, gregarious and honorable CEO
Front Desk/Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYApril 30, 2015
respectable, well-organized, mature and in a beautiful location. I enjoyed my work experience and if it weren't for the overnight hours I would have stayed.
Either slow or extremely busy.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  watt st schenectady nyMarch 31, 2015
I did maintenance and cashier, sometimes the meat department and just cleaned the store when it was slow. This was just my price rite one but this website for some reason jumped back to mazzone hospitality. You need a new coder. =] < Looking for a job.
Hospitality at its best paired with exquisite food.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 9, 2013
Wonderful company to work for. I have grown and learned so much from Mazzone Hospitality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mazzone Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.