Mazzone Hospitality Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Assistant Chef (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 17, 2017
Mazzone Hospitality is a fun fast paced company to work for. They offer good benefits and a pleasant atmosphere to work in. They let you share ideas which could benefit whatever account you work in and they seem to care about you and listen to whatever problem you come across. Pay could be better but overall good place to work.
Pros
fun work environment, good benefits
Cons
salary
Productive and easy work environment
Bussed (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMay 2, 2017
Very fun place to work. You meet a lot of nice people and get to experience five star catering events while providing great service for customers. Recommend
Busy and fun
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 1, 2017
There is always something to do to keep you busy, and multiple different job that are available. The owner and management is very nice and respectful.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not a good place to work for. Management is poor.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  105 Washington ave. Albany, New YorkApril 12, 2017
My review for the job is that the management should be better. Everything else is ok, but if the management was different, I think the workplace would be better.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible work place with rude staff
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYJanuary 29, 2017
They're rude and have no respect for permanently ill employees. Favoritism is the worst I've ever dealt with at any job.
Great environment to work in
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYDecember 29, 2016
Loved the people I worked with, management always made sure schedules and hours were proper. Benefits worked out well. Everyone gets along well within the job. I would recommend to job to anyone.
Serving
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 28, 2016
Tough work but definitely helps to shape you to have an awesome work ethic. You work with some great people that become your life long friends.
Weddings
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 21, 2016
I worked as a sever for banquet events. I worked wedding, company parties, fund raising events, and companies holiday parties.
Bad experience.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYJuly 25, 2016
Much yelling in the kitchen. Managers definitely play favorites. I found the restaurant to be a very hostile working environment.
Pros
Free kitchen leftovers on occasion.
Cons
No breaks.
High intensity work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYJune 16, 2016
Although there was lots of running around and high stress situations. The other employees who worked at Mazzone made it much easier to come into work each and every shift.
Fast-paced and fun work environment
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 15, 2016
Worked alongside managers on a daily basis in a very productive, fast-paced environment. Extensive training in leadership and quality customer service. Outstanding co-workers who were exceptional team players and provided a fun work environment during long days. The hardest part of the job would be the extensive amount of hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting incredible people within the company as well as outside of the company during events.
Fun and Productive Place to work
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 3, 2015
Amazing staff and management. Very flexible when it comes to your schedule. Pays very fair and is a great place for a college student to work because they save your position. Lots of opportunity to move up.
very well-run establishment, gregarious and honorable CEO
Front Desk/Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYApril 30, 2015
respectable, well-organized, mature and in a beautiful location. I enjoyed my work experience and if it weren't for the overnight hours I would have stayed.
Either slow or extremely busy.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  watt st schenectady nyMarch 31, 2015
I did maintenance and cashier, sometimes the meat department and just cleaned the store when it was slow. This was just my price rite one but this website for some reason jumped back to mazzone hospitality. You need a new coder. =] < Looking for a job.
Great management and working community
Emplyee (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 12, 2014
Best Job I have had so far. My coe workers were great and fun! We all got along and made it a point to hang outside of work. I found a great group of friends once I started working there. Even if you made a mistake, everyone was there to help you. No matter what they were doing they came to help.

A typical day at work would be driving to the site of the event. Wearing black pants, black shoes, black belt and your black set up shirt. You would help set up the event and unload the trucks. Then you would have a staff meeting and meal. By this time your "on the floor" shirt and vest and tie are on. After the meeting you would go finish the rest of the set up. At the end of the event you would clean up the event then pack the trucks and leave. This job is a job where you are constantly working and moving. If your standing around then your not doing your job.
Pros
People, Catering all different events
Cons
Hours (Wouldn't get back until 2 or 3 the next morning)
Productive, hard-working business
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 18, 2013
At Mazzone Hospitality, there never was a typical day, each event was different and included different expectations, but everyday included set-up, staffing the event, breaking down, and sometimes set-up again. I learned how to proficiently read a function sheet and run an event from it, while working with multiple people of varied experience levels. Management was great and always pitched in where needed. There was a team atmosphere throughout the entire company that made this fast-paced, high stress job easier. The hardest part of this job was getting to know the building and how this company did things, it had been very different from my previous work experience. In the end, I learned a lot from this company and we had fun while working.
Pros
Free meals, friendly staff
Cons
Same break time no matter how long you worked
Hospitality at its best paired with exquisite food.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 9, 2013
Wonderful company to work for. I have grown and learned so much from Mazzone Hospitality.