Mazzone Hospitality Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fast-paced and fun work environment
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 15, 2016
Worked alongside managers on a daily basis in a very productive, fast-paced environment. Extensive training in leadership and quality customer service. Outstanding co-workers who were exceptional team players and provided a fun work environment during long days. The hardest part of the job would be the extensive amount of hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting incredible people within the company as well as outside of the company during events.
Bad experience.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYJuly 25, 2016
Much yelling in the kitchen. Managers definitely play favorites. I found the restaurant to be a very hostile working environment.
Pros
Free kitchen leftovers on occasion.
Cons
No breaks.
High intensity work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYJune 16, 2016
Although there was lots of running around and high stress situations. The other employees who worked at Mazzone made it much easier to come into work each and every shift.
Fun and Productive Place to work
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 3, 2015
Amazing staff and management. Very flexible when it comes to your schedule. Pays very fair and is a great place for a college student to work because they save your position. Lots of opportunity to move up.
Productive, hard-working business
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 18, 2013
At Mazzone Hospitality, there never was a typical day, each event was different and included different expectations, but everyday included set-up, staffing the event, breaking down, and sometimes set-up again. I learned how to proficiently read a function sheet and run an event from it, while working with multiple people of varied experience levels. Management was great and always pitched in where needed. There was a team atmosphere throughout the entire company that made this fast-paced, high stress job easier. The hardest part of this job was getting to know the building and how this company did things, it had been very different from my previous work experience. In the end, I learned a lot from this company and we had fun while working.
Pros
free meals, friendly staff
Cons
same break time no matter how long you worked
Great management and working community
Emplyee (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 12, 2014
Best Job I have had so far. My coe workers were great and fun! We all got along and made it a point to hang outside of work. I found a great group of friends once I started working there. Even if you made a mistake, everyone was there to help you. No matter what they were doing they came to help.

A typical day at work would be driving to the site of the event. Wearing black pants, black shoes, black belt and your black set up shirt. You would help set up the event and unload the trucks. Then you would have a staff meeting and meal. By this time your "on the floor" shirt and vest and tie are on. After the meeting you would go finish the rest of the set up. At the end of the event you would clean up the event then pack the trucks and leave. This job is a job where you are constantly working and moving. If your standing around then your not doing your job.
Pros
people, catering all different events
Cons
hours (wouldn't get back until 2 or 3 the next morning)
very well-run establishment, gregarious and honorable CEO
Front Desk/Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYApril 30, 2015
respectable, well-organized, mature and in a beautiful location. I enjoyed my work experience and if it weren't for the overnight hours I would have stayed.
Either slow or extremely busy.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  watt st schenectady nyMarch 31, 2015
I did maintenance and cashier, sometimes the meat department and just cleaned the store when it was slow. This was just my price rite one but this website for some reason jumped back to mazzone hospitality. You need a new coder. =] < Looking for a job.
Hospitality at its best paired with exquisite food.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 9, 2013
Wonderful company to work for. I have grown and learned so much from Mazzone Hospitality.

2.9