MB Financial Bank Employee Reviews

Not the best company
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2017
Only Sales oriented, management doesn't care about their front line employees. And job work/life balance is a headache to deal with management. Pay can be better and benefits were the only perk.
Wonderful place to work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 14, 2016
It was such a wonderful place to work. The supervisors are very positive and help employees achieve professional goals. They offer benefits for employees and great incentive pay and bonuses.
Pros
Incentive pay
Cons
Short breaks
RUN..don't stop here
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 17, 2016
I have never been where there was such lack of training. You were given a book and looked at it for two hours and then thrown on the phone and expected to know mortgages like a pro. You were not allowed to say "yes mam or no sir" to show respect as it was OLD SCHOOL. You were not allowed to give answers that could actually help someone who needed to know what programs were out there that they may qualify for like HARP. Because if they did not qualify the bank could be sued. REALLY. What a crock. You were to answer and talk on the phone no more than three minutes. If you went over that time you were talked to about the fact that someone stayed on hold. You can not always resolve someones problem in three minutes. They treated one girl horribly and then fired her because the supervisor who also got fired decided to tell stories on her and to lie to the VP to save her self from what was really happening. So no this place is not some where to be proud to say you work. Not any longer.
Pros
cook outs, good work hours
Cons
too many to list, No real raises, We waited five years to get the first one when Cole Taylor took over. Now we wait again
Great Company
Senior Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIJuly 29, 2016
Great place to work, awesome benefits. Family friendly environment to work in. Wonderful people to work with. Process to be hired in takes a long time, probably the biggest negative about the job, but after thats done youre all set.
Enjoyed working with the Manager and loan officers
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at work was always pushing to get the job done.

I learned that a business does not stay around forever.

Management was totally awesome to work with.

Workplace culture was always fund and exciting.

The hardest part of the job was getting the loans approved by underwriting.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the loans to the closing table
Pros
Taking breaks, free coffee, talking to customers when they would stop in the office.
Cons
Can not say there were any Cons
Overall not a horrible place to work
Customer Care Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 8, 2016
Management needs to be able to offer more assistance and the proper training. Not enough people in each department. When other departments need help you are expected to help them and complete your own work, yet there is no help available when you fall behind.
Pros
great culture and benefits
Cons
not much ability for growth
Friendly environment,
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILNovember 13, 2016
1. Design, development, maintenance, support and implementation SSRS reports using SQL Server and utilizing TFS.
2. Communication with business users to define business requirements for each report logic
3. Participate in creation of Automation processes tp execution multiple SSRS reports
2.Very professional management and technical skills co-worker help create very user friendly products
The best company I have ever worked for
Applications Developer II (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHOctober 10, 2016
MB Mortgage is a loan servicing company located in Wilmington, OH which is a division of MB Financial. For the time that I for MB Mortgage, I found the company culture to be fantastic. The employees were very helpful, friendly, and it felt like you were all family. My supervisors were great and they made sure that I was trained well and made me feel like I was part of there team. If I ever get another chance to work for MB Mortgage, I would jump on that opportunity as fast as I can.
great place to work
Sr Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYMarch 16, 2016
Salary is to low for MLO, the underwriters are the best in the business, everyone is helpful and team players. great group of people to work with I enjoy clearing the files to close so I can see my borrowers face it is like someone gave them a million dollars my customers service is key.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Salary
Office not professional
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTFebruary 9, 2017
Everything is corporate and underwriting makes it hard to close loans. Commission structure not in line with the market.
There was not any Management Support.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Poor Management/ Not willing to help you succeed
Pleasant company to work
Currency Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2016
Very good management, good work environment. Everyone is treated fare. They take care of their people, you can have a career growth with this company.
Productive work place
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Crete, ILNovember 28, 2016
Opening and closing the branch, counting vault three times a day, Opening bank accounts and any teller transactions. The hardest part of my job to me was meeting my monthly goal working inside of a very small location. The most enjoyable part was my wonderful welcoming coworkers.
Nice paced bank
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2016
Great small bank to work for. Not as rush oriented considering it is a bank.

Lot's of room to advance with oppurtunities always popping up in corporate.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
small Bank, small pay
Worked with this company as a vendor--not an employee
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 22, 2016
Nice people to work with. Treats their employees well with lots of perks. Bean bag toss tournament and lots of parties. Free coffee and soda. New cafeteria.
Pros
Free coffee and soda.
Customer focus
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILAugust 12, 2016
Great work place. With ability to advance in to a higher position. As a customer service rep I was responsible for dealing with either teller side and/or personal banker side. Friendly environment with lots of great employees. Just very sales oriented.
Pros
Ability to advance
Cons
High sales goals
Professional and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILApril 7, 2013
Typical day is to assist customers with their accounts. Open and closed accounts. Assisted with money transactions, balanced the atms and vault.Maintain good record keeping on all accounts, build and maintain rapport with our and potential customers.
The management became better and I became a better personal banker due to that. I was taught very well by my manager on how to open and maintain accounts.How to also build rapport with our clients.
The most difficult part of my job was to meet all sale goals by the end of the month. Only due to our branch being new and geared towards high end clients.
The enjoyable part of work was being able to help guest take care of their accounts or help them in making better decisions with their money in order to help them financially in the long run.
Pros
long breaks and great break room, great benefits
Cons
not very easy to move up with company
Great company with great benefits
Client Services Manager/ Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Typical work day was spent generating sales and cross selling new and existing products. The day was divided between outside calling and in-branch sales. Mb was very big in continuous training and testing primarily for Federal and State compliance. Upper management was focused but typically detached from the associate level. Company attracts a lot of good people with various experience levels. Work environment was pleasant and teamwork oriented.
Pros
many benefits
Cons
very sales culture oriented
Company that is very difficult to work for
customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  BeecherDecember 29, 2014
I spent over a year working there. I was very disappointed with the manager(s) who showed lack of banking knowledge, management skills and personal skills . The expectations and goals are set high, but the company doesn't give you support and tools to achieve them. The rigorous banking rules and company policies were are not enforced, or they were enforced randomly and inconsistently which was creating bad interpersonal relations between employees, stress and unjustified disciplining and firing.
Pros
free lunches and good benefits
Customer Service and Personal Banker
Teller and Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILNovember 5, 2014
As a teller I mostly serve customers and assist them with their needs. Some of my duties are taking cash from customers for deposit into their accounts, cashing checks, and accept loan and credit card payments. The majority of my duties include assisting customers with concerns, opening new accounts, submitting loan applications, and referring additional products to existing customers. The hardest part of my job is the sales goals. It can be a bit difficult at times to meet the sales goals. I enjoy giving great customer service and assisting my customers. I also enjoy the operations aspect of my position with following policy and procedure.
Pros
Paid time off, Great employee benefits, Room for growth
Some great employees lacked management wanting information and team solving
banking center manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2016
Sales, operations, compliance, staff and customers

Branch Banking today is a separate income/cost entity vs a corporate team approach.

Some of the best
Pros
Customers and staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MB Financial Bank. Our community is ready to answer.