MB Financial Bank Employee Reviews

Small Bank in Competitive Market
Commercial Banking Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2017
Small bank with limited resources in a competitive market. The bank is headquartered in Rosemont and not actually Chicago. All direction comes from Chicago so if interested in advancement you must be willing to work in Rosemont.
typical day
Wire Transfer Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILOctober 31, 2017
average depending on the day and the are if the bank in which you worked. I've been with the company for years, i enjoy the coworkers but the company needs improvement in certain areas.
Pros
laid back
Cons
favoritism in the work space
Growth Company through acquistions
EVP Chief Retail Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILOctober 15, 2017
Major player in the highly competitive Chicago market ranked in the top ten in the market for Commercial and Consumer financial services.

Company manages the development of Commercial officers, Retail, Operations and Wealth Management through a series of Management Training in-house programs. Best in class.

"C" suite is among the top in the industry with major business and community board members providing guidance, strategic initiatives and corporate culture development.
Pros
Growth through acquisitions provide career development opportunities
Cons
Acquisitions periodically disrupt long term planning efforts
MB Financial
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILOctober 13, 2017
It was a nice place to work. My co-workers were nice and my boss was friendly. The only reason I left there was because I went back to school and started work at an animal clinic.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Chester, MDOctober 9, 2017
Great place to work and if I didnt have another job opportunity closer to home then I would have continued to work for this company. Benefits were great and my boss was awesome
okay
Bookkeeper Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, IL 60018September 25, 2017
It was okay to work for MB Financial Bank.
Great Benefits and they understand about the family life and problems. Flexible hours but not good with raises.
Amiable employees with positive assistance approach
Financial Assistant / Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Relaxed environment. Management was helpful when I was being trained. The most enjoyable part of the job was paperwork. A typical day at the bank was really quiet. Customers would come and make transactions to their accounts. We worked quickly so clients wouldn't wait for a long time for service. There weren't many cultures.
Pros
Handling currency and paper work
Cons
Pay
Nice and busy place to work
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2017
Job was cool, customers we mainly friendly and you got to know your regulars. Staff worked as a team most times. Demands were set high for teller staff sometimes too high for reality
Good Work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILSeptember 5, 2017
Laid back atmosphere. Most job activities are fairly easy to learn. Very nice coworkers. Must be keen to details and precise and accurate when handling transactions. Must be able to pitch a sale in terms of getting bank accounts.
Good company
Relationship Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
Good company that takes care of their workers. Lot's of training and resources made available to all employees. Best part of the job is the management and the opportunities.
loved my job & co workers
Senior Teller - Customer Service Associate III (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILAugust 24, 2017
Before merging with Mb Financial we were a community bank. My previous Managers @ Oak Brook Bank were the easiest to get along with. Our staff was small but we all worked together well & supported each other.
Pros
fast paced & wonderful clients
Cons
didnt have any at the time
Great culture
Risk Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 23, 2017
MB Financial has a great culture made up some of very friendly people.

I choose to leave because I wasn't passionate about the role I was in and had over an hour commute each way.
Great team
Sitecore Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 17, 2017
Lots of interesting projects and a overall a great group of talented people to work with. It is a great place to begin and grow a career. There are many places to advance to and even opportunities to move up in the organization.
Pros
workshops, managment seminars, cafeteria, nice environment
Cons
commute
Typical sales crazy company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2017
There will be ridiculous pressure to sell unnecessary products to customers on a daily basis. That disgusting practice will suck the joy right out of the job. In addition, the pay is so low that no adult could manage with it.
Once a great place to work in IT but no more
Somewhere in IT (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 11, 2017
Cold Corporate culture. Outside IT counsel more trusted than its own internal experts. Trending to replace their IT support with MSP. Absolutely no work life balance if you are in IT support roles. If all you do is eat, sleep, and breathe work this would be right up your alley. Dedicated staff and comradery was the only compelling reason to hang on as long as I did. Some other 'IT' reviews on here were dead on, work all the time and 2% yearly increases with no bonuses for those that desired it. Get experience under your belt and move on. The grass is greener on the outside if your smart.
Pros
Exposure to new technology. Benefits and comrades.
Cons
No Work Life Balance in IT
Need to move on....
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 1, 2017
It's time to move on. I've taken on new and many job responsibilities and made to feel like my job is not important. The title that was picked for me I feel doesn't fit very well. I do not feel like I am respected by some upper management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The people and moral
The people are very nice and understanding.
Securities Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 31, 2017
Throughout the company, everyone wants to help everyone achieve happiness by finding out what is right for them. My bosses were very helpful for me because they understood my situation and held work with the situation.
Playing Baggo games is good
Relationship Banking Specialist ll (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJuly 19, 2017
Have some coffee go through emails check up on customers, help them out if they have any concerns, help them out when they come to the branch. Count cash
Pros
Free Concerts
Cons
Not much opportunity at my branch
Bad Company to Work For
Network Operations Administrator Senior (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 29, 2017
Management is bad to say the least. They honestly dont care for their employees. You cant expect progression or to be recognized by management for your hard work.
Financial Analyst
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST, BANK OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 15, 2017
All of the systems are dated, no real emphasis on training. It's difficult to get changes pushed through. It's a large company set in it's ways of current operating.