MB Financial Bank Employee Reviews in United States

CSR / Personal Banker
Senior Personal Banker/CSR (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 27, 2016
Overall, a typical day for me was bringing in new business as a personal banker. Processing transactions, cross selling products, maintaining account, etc.
Pros
Great team and company to work for
Cons
n/a
Excellent Benefits
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2016
During my time there they wanted me to work outside of normal business hours without pay. I enjoyed my co-workers whole-heartedly. The management at the s wacker location was very very terrible. They had favoritism and only the ones the new management liked got promoted even though they didn't deserve it.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
little break room, favortism, poor management
RUN..don't stop here
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 17, 2016
I have never been where there was such lack of training. You were given a book and looked at it for two hours and then thrown on the phone and expected to know mortgages like a pro. You were not allowed to say "yes mam or no sir" to show respect as it was OLD SCHOOL. You were not allowed to give answers that could actually help someone who needed to know what programs were out there that they may qualify for like HARP. Because if they did not qualify the bank could be sued. REALLY. What a crock. You were to answer and talk on the phone no more than three minutes. If you went over that time you were talked to about the fact that someone stayed on hold. You can not always resolve someones problem in three minutes. They treated one girl horribly and then fired her because the supervisor who also got fired decided to tell stories on her and to lie to the VP to save her self from what was really happening. So no this place is not some where to be proud to say you work. Not any longer.
Pros
cook outs, good work hours
Cons
too many to list, No real raises, We waited five years to get the first one when Cole Taylor took over. Now we wait again
great place to work
Sr Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYMarch 16, 2016
Salary is to low for MLO, the underwriters are the best in the business, everyone is helpful and team players. great group of people to work with I enjoy clearing the files to close so I can see my borrowers face it is like someone gave them a million dollars my customers service is key.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Salary
Worst place I have ever worked
Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHFebruary 24, 2016
People only get ahead by schmoozing the upper management, not by the work they do. Most co-workers are nice but management promotes a cut-throat environment. Management promotes treating customers horribly instead of correcting the many problems with accounts.
Pros
Fun culture but the "fun" isn't fun when there's too much work waiting to get done
Cons
Management and the way management tries to hide problems
Executive Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2016
Interaction with Senior Management and their direct reports has created relationships with one another. Ability to work on difference projects outside of the scope of the EVP I report to has made a tremendous impact in meeting and learning how to work with different level of individuals.
Pros
Flexibility
Fun work place with great supportive management.
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 13, 2015
Fun work place with great supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from one another.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not enough room to grow within the company
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Manager II (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 26, 2015
MB offers support to help you grow and develop. I've been promoted three times, and I welcome the opportunity for new challenges.
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
Work-Life Balance
production driven
No thank you (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 9, 2015
The company is very much production driven without all the proper tools to complete the tasks required. They once believed that the culture was important and that has fallen off.
Due to the set up of the office it can be very loud and difficult to make customer phone calls.
Pros
very few
Cons
the noise level
MB Financial
DEPOSIT OPERATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 7, 2015
Truly enjoyed my time working here. Great atmosphere and great people to work for. Amazing leaders within the operations areas of the bank.

Want to know more about MB Financial Bank?

Ask a question
Nice people to work with
Intern for the Business Intelligence Department (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 17, 2015
MB has a good work environment. The people are nice and work together well. Their cross functional communication could be better.
Pros
cheap cafeteria, have bag-o
Cons
work gets repetitive
???
Customer Service Rep III/Telephone Banker (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 14, 2015
Very strict and non-flexible schedule which makes planning personal events very hard, various hours and location that are easily accessible
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Looking for advancement
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Milford, MIMay 19, 2015
MB Financial is new to the mortgage industry, they acquired Cole Taylor Mortgage last year. Since then the values and moral has decreased dramatically and many have been leaving.
Cash Processor II (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 14, 2015
I really like my job at MB Financial, but I would love to find a position closer to home. A typical day consists of multi-tasking all your responsibilities and completing your work in the time allotted. The company would like for everyone to be cross trained in many areas, however, with the heavy volumes of work - that doesn't always happen. I enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when management wants you to help out an area that is overwhelmed, yet the co-workers for that area isn't doing their part. Very aggravating.
Just a place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 10, 2015
Decent place to work.
Fair benefits - nothing special.
Strict schedule.
Average management with unclear direction provided to employees. Weak internal communication methods.
"Just a place to work" culture.
Overall great place to work for
Reconiliation and monteary control analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 2, 2015
I was employed at MB Financial for 14 years. During my time there
management transformed for good, wonderful, and great. To a place that was stressful, with little to no room for growth and development.
Pros
They offered a wonderful "well being benefit"
Cons
No room for growth and development
Local Company with good values.
Relationship Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 29, 2015
The company is changing over the positions of the company so that all employees on the retail side work as a teller and personal banker.
Day At Work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Glencoe ILFebruary 25, 2015
The day starts with opening the branch, performing overdrafts for the branch. Solving client problems, opening accounts. every Monday morning I meet with the staff to go over the goals I set for the week. Every Friday we wrap up the week by listening to my staff's success stories, their difficulty and how to solve the issues going forward. I keep a track of my staff's progress by having a development board in our lunch room where everyone could see where they and their peers are at making the goals. I have weekly coaching session for my staff. The hardest part of the job is not being busy. The enjoyable part of my job is helping my clients as they will be the ones brining referrals, new business. I enjoy spending time with my clients.
Pros
flexibility.
Cons
being not busy in the branch at times.
Amazing place to work that treats you like a human being
AVP, Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Lots of room for growth and advancement. Excellent company to work for. Easy to work hard and get recognized. Amazing culture and Senior Management. The CEO does a really great job maintaining an open and communicative culture. You truly feel appreciated and cared for.
Pros
great culture - overall great company
Cons
can't think of any!
Great company with great benefits
Client Services Manager/ Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Typical work day was spent generating sales and cross selling new and existing products. The day was divided between outside calling and in-branch sales. Mb was very big in continuous training and testing primarily for Federal and State compliance. Upper management was focused but typically detached from the associate level. Company attracts a lot of good people with various experience levels. Work environment was pleasant and teamwork oriented.
Pros
many benefits
Cons
very sales culture oriented