MB Financial Employee Reviews

Financial company that gave me a chance to hone my skills
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2015
A typical day involves customer interactions both thru telecommunications and face-to-face. Performed the tasks of supervising other branch employees to reach banking goals.
Pros
Desired schedule that gave me the opportunity to complete my degree
Cons
Lack of professionalism within the higher hierarchy
Work environment is friendly and productive.
Cash Processor/Document Retention (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 26, 2015
Everyday you go in knowing that you will be helped in any aspect of the job position that you may be working. Management and other employees are always very helpful with any questions and/or problems you may have.
Pros
Very friendly work environment, and wonderful employee appreciation.
Mismanagement creating unpleasant work environment
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Milford, MIApril 13, 2015
managers pit team members against each other, creating animosity.
no accountability for team members to accurately and completely do their job, promoting a fix it later attitude rather than provide training.
with 20+ years of experience, my ideas and suggestions for improving processes and providing guidance constantly regarding as complaining.
Company that is very difficult to work for
customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  BeecherDecember 29, 2014
I spent over a year working there. I was very disappointed with the manager(s) who showed lack of banking knowledge, management skills and personal skills . The expectations and goals are set high, but the company doesn't give you support and tools to achieve them. The rigorous banking rules and company policies were are not enforced, or they were enforced randomly and inconsistently which was creating bad interpersonal relations between employees, stress and unjustified disciplining and firing.
Pros
free lunches and good benefits
very nice people to work with, loved the customers
CSAIII (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2014
Very nice people to work with and really enjoyed helping customers with their banking needs. Processed cash and non cash customer transactions, balanced cash drawer, vaults and ATM. Branch Manager very nice possessing really positive outlook. Learned how to balance vaults and ATM. Learned how to assist the special needs of Currency Exchange customers. Cross-selling products to customers and meeting or exceeding cross-sales goals was the most challenging part of the job. Assisting customers was the most enjoyable.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
working nights and weekends
Working at MB Financial as a courier everyday is different.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILOctober 13, 2014
A typical day at work can go from cool and easy to a hard long day. You are in traffic from 5am to almost 5pm. No matter what the weather is there is a day that most go on.
A nice place to work
AVP (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
A well cultivated culture that promotes a work life balance. Available management. No real career path beyond an analyst program.
nice place nice people
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2013
nice place and nice people to work with. I have thankful to lord to worked for this nice company
MB Financial
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morton grove,ILFebruary 12, 2013
Great bank to work for and their is a lot of room of advancement. Management is great and want to see workers advance. Benefits are good as well
Pros
good management
Cons
pay
good place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2012
I actually enjoyed coming to work. MB bought out the bank before that which was Corus bank. I worked for Corus. I do know the management at the branch are still there. Although I enjoyed company, certain manager did show favoritism with certain employees (longer lunches, personal phone calls).