MBI, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Mbi
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, SCFebruary 19, 2016
Overall it is a cool place to work and most of the people are great/good folks. The shop is very unorganized and a lot of the people their are uneducated about what their doing. You can tell the owners care about their workers because they feed them on most days.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Does not have 401k and better management is needed, everything was very unorganized.
Productive, fun work environment
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2016
My work day is as I schedule it. I make my own hours which allows me to have a life schedule as well. I've learn different coping skills as I introduce them to consumer's. My clinical Manager is awesome, we have group supervision every other week. I also have my own one on one time with my Supervisor. My Clinical supervisor makes sure we review all caseloads before the meeting is over. My Team is awesome, and so are my co-workers. I work in a diverse environment. I'm around different cultures. The hardest part of my job has to be getting the notes in within 48 hours of rendered services, because the pay decreases if not. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I complete an assignment with my consumer's, rather it be Housing, applying for assistance, or Social Services. Seeing them happy is what what makes my day, and my heart smile.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
not set salary
fun
Receptionist Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 24, 2016
great mom and pop company when it first started then the clientele grew and the volume of work increased as time went on with a lot of help from coworkers There was nothing that team couldn't endure.
Productive and all about the numbers
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTOctober 26, 2015
I did not enjoy this job. The pay was very low and required fast pace work with heavy deadlines. I was able to exceed expectations at every position. I enjoyed the challenges that were set and found it easy to meet.
Pros
salary, medical, lots of paid vacation time
Cons
low salary, repetetive work
No job security
AR Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  KetteringNovember 4, 2015
Nice place to work for how long it lasted. Company sold out and I was laid off. My co workers were a plus we really worked as a team. Management could of been more supportive of their team instead of each other.
Pros
flextime casual dress
Cons
laid off
Long work hours spent in a company truck
Saltwater mechanic (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDJune 30, 2014
Working as a saltwater mechanic i checked my sites everyday unless told to check more or not to check certain disposals. Being there taught me that working hard pays off and with the money to be made in North Dakota it will keep me around for a long time. The management was lousy in some areas but with the crew i was on my boss was a good man and was open to many suggestions that saved us time and helped move us up in salary. My co-workers were like a lot of regular people sometime they could get on your nerves and some could make you laugh every time you seen them. The hardest part of my job was having to work night shifts because night is night and your body just needs to sleep. The best part of my job was making money and having a good time doing it.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
night shift
Productive and liked the work
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 13, 2014
Start out slow but got busy after about an hour getting there. Had to learn to work as a team repeatedly. The management was great they where easy to talk to. The co-workers where good to work with showed me a lot of stuff. The hardest part of the job was getting set up for the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is going home. And get ready for the next day.
Pros
looked forward to lunch and breaks to talk to co-workers
Cons
had no benefits. was hired through temporary service agency.
Ok place to work
Loader Operator/ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 28, 2015
As long as you like doing the same thing day after day, this is a great place to work. If you show up to work everyday, the boss will leave you alone and bend over backwards to help you when you need something.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Hard to advance
Great employees, less than positive management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
A typical work day included answering and directing phone calls.
Signing for and receiving packages.
Maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the office.

The management was very negative it was not a pleasant work environment.
Pros
9-5, benefits
Cons
negative work environment
my job, supervisor, co workers
Driver (Former Employee) –  King & Queen, VADecember 6, 2013
I enjoyed for the most part working for MBI. I knew where I was going first thing and if the supervisor had any questions he would call me or if there were loads somewhere else and he wanted me to get it. The he was more than the supervisor he was a friend and made sure that everything is going good and he knew I would help others when they were in need.
I still keep in contact with other drivers and say how much they miss me and we had some good times and experiences.
when all the drivers get together for cook outs or meeting we enjoy joking with each other.
Pros
some of the cookouts the company put together and meeting new drivers
Cons
some of the long hours and the bad weather we had to work in

Want to know more about MBI, Inc.?

Ask a question
Hard Work
Salt Water Disposal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDMay 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time at MBI and i do not regret any of it. The work was tough but bearable my co-workers were cool and fun my manager knew how to be your friend but also knew how to be your boss at serious times. the only issue i had was false promises. I left work to continue my schooling and was told my job would be waiting for me when i finally finished my schooling the high ups told me that MBI doesn't make promises.
fun job with a lot of noise.
Press Helper (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 17, 2013
Great place to learn how mail gets printed but very hard to advance with very strict management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
must love to work and deal with up and down business
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 1, 2014
Mbi was under staff when i was their and the days were long, but their was good people in our department, but it was a branch of the job that couldnt deal with other departments because we were security and we couldnt show favor with G.M or other supervisiors. the job was enjoyable and thier was good people working together to make things work out for the good.
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours and not being able to spend time with family and company stay broke back then
Hard Work. Good Pay
Oilfield/ Sand Driver (Current Employee) –  Morris, PADecember 7, 2012
Not for the lazy or shy trucker. Excellent Safety program. Management seems fractured but I dont think its MBI's fault, it is just the nature of the OIlfield. Many good drivers but the whether is the biggest challenge you will face. Valuable applicable experience in the oilfield everyday.
Pros
oilfield experience
Cons
no family life.
Job Safety, proper pre & post trip, mask up on H2s sites, Team work.
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Energy, TXAugust 24, 2014
Following MBI buyers guide and loading and unloading procedures.
Safety for you and other in work area. working tanks from top, working with the pumper as team, Safe driving.

MBI was very good in Truck dot, no excuse in not downing a truck.
no recaps, no broken windshield, ect. very good very professional in my opinion,

people we worked with all were very helpful in helping each other.

pre trip and post trip, proper paper work and logs, wait times.

simply having work and oil to for the time we were on.

MBI took care of their workers, if it was slow they would bite the bullet and team you up. They provided every worker with free medical and dental for the whole family. no deductibles. unheard of awesome.

never rushed, safety was first. H2s certified.
Pros
30 min break paid
Cons
short breaks paid, and medical.
Excellent work/life balance
MBI Employee (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 31, 2014
I enjoy working at MBI Solutions. The company does a great job of providing a good work/life balance by offering flex time and the opportunity to work-at-home within specific departments. The communication is open and employees work together to meet common goals.
Pumped water to frac sites
Water Transfer Tech (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDAugust 27, 2014
Typical day was rigging up or down on sites, assist frac crew with water transfer and to make sure sites are ready to go.
Pros
co workers helpful and assist in anything you need.
Cons
very low pay for industry, and advancement was slow if any.
Fun work place
Schedule Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Deland, FloridaNovember 28, 2011
Great place to work if you can get around politics. Had alot of fun. I worked at MBI when they were still in their old building. Havent got to see the place, but I hear its really nice
Pros
happy and fun environment
Cons
almost like highschool with all the gossip
Receptionist/Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTNovember 16, 2011
Enjoyed working at MBI very diversified company. Great benefits good atmosphere.
Friendly work place even when though busy.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 23, 2013
Busy work schedule juggling paperwork. Friendly co-workers and management.

2.4