MBI, Inc. Employee Reviews

Trash Hauler
Driver (Current Employee) –  Camden, TNJune 13, 2017
Overall not a bad company based out of Illinois
Trash Hauler and worked for a while hauling water back and forth from Nashville.
Management team in general needs a little work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Manegment
Good environment
Mig welder (Former Employee) –  Shreveport,LaJune 8, 2017
Very good people,very friendly and willing to assist in any way. Just wish it could've lasted longer. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for employment, l would go back myself if l knew l could.
Pros
Like the job, loved the pay
Cons
No complaints
Overall very good experience
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2017
Really good work atmosphere. Training and hands on skills very very good pay. They pay you to travel and they pay for your stay in a hotel good or bad condition for the week..
Pros
Paid stay to travel
Cons
Hard on transpo
Folder Operator (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 23, 2017
Kept running out of work, said it would get busy but never really did . maybe they are now. Management was great. Just didn't seem to be busy. I would recommend this place. Very nice people and owner and family were very good people. I worked in bindery running a folder, the people I worked with were very knowledgeable. Clean nice building. And machinery was kept in nice shape . the mechanics fixed any problem fast. A plus place to work. I left the wrong way , due to problems with my family
Pros
Catered lunches, very nice, Good money and benefits
Cons
They were in a slow slump when i worked there just bad timing . i guess
Great Concept
Director (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMay 22, 2017
Great Concept, good people to work with. We all were able to utilize our creative ideas and effectively convert them into fantastic finished products for our clients.
Pros
Ability to be creative
Cons
Acquired by a much larger firm.
Hazardous tree removal
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Andreas, CAMay 16, 2017
Job duties included flagging and brush removal. Mbi was fired from the pg&e project due to a climber dropping a tree on the power lines. Everyone lost their jobs that was on the project
Management was a joke
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 11, 2017
Inexperienced dispatcher's sending driver's on almost impossible run's mbi has a manager that doesn't care about the employees home time or family life
driver
drive / yard jockey (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 10, 2017
fun job can be a little slow at time not an easy job long hours and dirty and smelly working with trash but pepole are great to work with hardest part of job is cleaning the scales
It was a good place to work with a lot of nice people, that help you if you need it.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTFebruary 4, 2017
I'm my review this was a good company I only work there for a short time, because it was a temporary job but I learned to many things for example how all the jewelry packing works.
Pros
We get 3 break and give you free lunch and breakfast if you work on weekends
Long Hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 30, 2017
This would be a great career for a young person whom is looking for a job that has a chance to build experience. You will work for incentive wages only. No Hourly. You will keep getting bottlenecked at either the transfer station or dump because there is only one person at a time can load and unload. This is a revolving door job, that you either enjoy working at or not. Very few people stay any length of time.
Pros
Great people, newer trucks
Cons
Long Hours, pay is to low for this area.
A nice place to work.
Server, Cashier, Chef's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 19, 2017
Very friendly environment. Good to their employees. The job had an even pace. It was close to home and the hours were from 7:30-2:30. It got busy at lunch. The customers were employees of the building so one got to know them well. Would return to work if I hadn't moved away.
Pros
Paid holidays, employee product give aways, good food in the cafeteria.
great place to work
Security Guard- Night Shift (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 10, 2017
Patrol around entire facility, set alarms, document all false alarms. check workers in and out of secure zones. accept packages. handle all physical altercations in the work place.
Pros
great company to work for. very respectable
Cons
didn't pay enough at the time
Awesome Place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJanuary 7, 2017
I loved working at MBI, the work atmosphere was amazing
My co-workers were always willing to help me. and i learned alot of life skills
Low pay and no respect for drivers
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, SCDecember 8, 2016
MBI don't care about there drivers. They will not pay for lay over or breakdown. Sometimes I had to wait at a shipper for 3 hours and was not paid for time lost. all the trucks are old.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
low wages, old trucks and they don't care about their employees
Good pay bad hours
Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cohoes, NYNovember 10, 2016
The load pay is ok,i go to nyc 5 days a week. On average i sit and wait 3 to 4 hours for my trailer to be loaded that i dropped off at 3 am,with no detention pay. My total drive time is only 5 hrs. The wait time is why people leave this company
It makes for a really long day. I start at 1am and i get to the home base around 330pm. Then its off straight to bed. Upper management does not listen to the drivers at all. This place needs a union.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Healthcare, time management, managers
Good Company
AM Representative (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 10, 2016
Flexible Schedule from 6:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Everyone work hard. Enjoy with team player. Picnic in three month. Bonus or Incentive issue twice in a year. Management not fair because no one know when they offer to join the management also some restriction in this field. But overall it's ok with this company.
Pros
Sometime free party
Cons
Allow short break.
good job
driver (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIOctober 5, 2016
This was a good job. Good place to work and good benefits. Management was not the best but when is it ever. Would not work for them again. Was local tho that is what i like
Pros
local
Cons
management
Fun company
ETL Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 7, 2016
Fun company, lots of work... Work organization could definitely be improved to minimize the rush at the end of the project. Great, diverse team, Overall a nice company and a great boss
Awesome place to work
President (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 7, 2016
MBI seeks specific qualified OEM’s per project specifics. This is the type of services that Modular Builders, Inc. offers. It refers to a simple, well thought out solution to streamline production and accelerate ROI’s for our clients.
Productive, fun work environment
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2016
My work day is as I schedule it. I make my own hours which allows me to have a life schedule as well. I've learn different coping skills as I introduce them to consumer's. My clinical Manager is awesome, we have group supervision every other week. I also have my own one on one time with my Supervisor. My Clinical supervisor makes sure we review all caseloads before the meeting is over. My Team is awesome, and so are my co-workers. I work in a diverse environment. I'm around different cultures. The hardest part of my job has to be getting the notes in within 48 hours of rendered services, because the pay decreases if not. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I complete an assignment with my consumer's, rather it be Housing, applying for assistance, or Social Services. Seeing them happy is what what makes my day, and my heart smile.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
not set salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MBI, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8