MBI, Inc.

MBI, Inc. Employer Reviews

JUST INTILL SOMETHING BETTER COMES BY
DRIVER (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 21, 2014
PRO. LOTS OF WORK
CONS. OLD EQUIPMENT, SOMETIMES KNEE DEEP IN TRASH, MEDICAL WASTE, CONSTANTLY BEING PULLED OVER FOR SAFTEY INPECTIONS BY D.O.T.
productive long hard hours
Supervisor/Yard Boss (Former Employee), Auburn, NHNovember 14, 2014
Pros: always work
Cons: no lunch
Big company to work for and plenty of work. Hardest part of the job was keeping enough drivers pulling out of this Transfer Station. To me the company is too big and spread themselves to thin.
Productive and liked the work
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee), Shreveport, LANovember 13, 2014
Pros: looked forward to lunch and breaks to talk to co-workers
Cons: had no benefits. was hired through temporary service agency.
Start out slow but got busy after about an hour getting there. Had to learn to work as a team repeatedly. The management was great they where easy to talk to. The co-workers where good to work with showed me a lot of stuff. The hardest part of the job was getting set up for the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is going home. And get ready for the next day.
Pumped water to frac sites
Water Transfer Tech (Current Employee), Belfield, NDAugust 27, 2014
Pros: co workers helpful and assist in anything you need.
Cons: very low pay for industry, and advancement was slow if any.
Typical day was rigging up or down on sites, assist frac crew with water transfer and to make sure sites are ready to go.
Job Safety, proper pre & post trip, mask up on H2s sites, Team work.
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee), Energy, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: 30 min break paid
Cons: short breaks paid, and medical.
Following MBI buyers guide and loading and unloading procedures.
Safety for you and other in work area. working tanks from top, working with the pumper as team, Safe driving.

MBI was very good in Truck dot, no excuse in not downing a truck.
no recaps, no broken windshield, ect. very good very professional in my opinion,

people we worked with all were very helpful in helping each other.

pre trip and post trip, proper paper work and logs, wait times.

simply having work and oil to for the time we were on.

MBI took care of their workers, if it was slow they would bite the bullet and team you up. They provided every worker with free medical and dental for the whole family. no deductibles. unheard of awesome.

never rushed, safety was first. H2s certified.
Excellent work/life balance
MBI Employee (Current Employee), Kettering, OHJuly 31, 2014
I enjoy working at MBI Solutions. The company does a great job of providing a good work/life balance by offering flex time and the opportunity to work-at-home within specific departments. The communication is open and employees work together to meet common goals.
MBI
Material Handler (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJuly 2, 2014
Lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 lbs and manage cartons in excess of 50 lbs utilizing available safety tools.
Places parts in proper location after identifying and verifying part numbers.
Uses a utility cart, identifies cartons by part number, uses a computer or laptop, cart, cycle counts product, hand scanner and PC.
Picking and filing orders using a laptop computer, if applicable.
Receive parts and disburse to proper bins.
Matches paperwork to box and prepares billing labels for appropriate freight forwarder.
Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Long work hours spent in a company truck
Saltwater mechanic (Former Employee), Belfield, NDJune 30, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: night shift
Working as a saltwater mechanic i checked my sites everyday unless told to check more or not to check certain disposals. Being there taught me that working hard pays off and with the money to be made in North Dakota it will keep me around for a long time. The management was lousy in some areas but with the crew i was on my boss was a good man and was open to many suggestions that saved us time and helped move us up in salary. My co-workers were like a lot of regular people sometime they could get on your nerves and some could make you laugh every time you seen them. The hardest part of my job was having to work night shifts because night is night and your body just needs to sleep. The best part of my job was making money and having a good time doing it.
must love to work and deal with up and down business
Security Guard (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJune 1, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: long hours and not being able to spend time with family and company stay broke back then
Mbi was under staff when i was their and the days were long, but their was good people in our department, but it was a branch of the job that couldnt deal with other departments because we were security and we couldnt show favor with G.M or other supervisiors. the job was enjoyable and thier was good people working together to make things work out for the good.
not a good place
Class A Driver (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 23, 2014
Cons: all
filthy, gross, bad managment, bad coworkers, stupid polices...just bad in every way
Hard work....
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 15, 2014
Company stop meeting DOT regulations rules with over weight trailer..
Grew to fast
Operator (Former Employee), Belfield, NDApril 12, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: sold out to mbi
This company was good but the growing pains of the company made it tuff on everyone
Great employees, less than positive management
Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: 9-5, benefits
Cons: negative work environment
A typical work day included answering and directing phone calls.
Signing for and receiving packages.
Maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the office.

The management was very negative it was not a pleasant work environment.
my job, supervisor, co workers
Driver (Former Employee), King & Queen, VADecember 6, 2013
Pros: some of the cookouts the company put together and meeting new drivers
Cons: some of the long hours and the bad weather we had to work in
I enjoyed for the most part working for MBI. I knew where I was going first thing and if the supervisor had any questions he would call me or if there were loads somewhere else and he wanted me to get it. The he was more than the supervisor he was a friend and made sure that everything is going good and he knew I would help others when they were in need.
I still keep in contact with other drivers and say how much they miss me and we had some good times and experiences.
when all the drivers get together for cook outs or meeting we enjoy joking with each other.
Excellent company
Installer (Former Employee), Baltimore/DCJune 7, 2013
Pros: i learned valuable experience
Cons: feared for my life, working in the slums of d.c.and baltimore
Responsible for placement and installation of (UMTS) 3106 and 3206 cabinets and 3418, 3518 (micro cells).
I enjoy the work, we get paid by the load and circumstances sometime prevent us from getting loads and making money.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJune 3, 2013
We deliver trash from transfer site in lexington to landfield in Standford, KY. The most enjoyable part of the job is the guys I work with.
Micro-managed with little opportunity for growth.
Vice President, The Danbury Mint (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMay 21, 2013
High pay, high stress, high level of micromanagement, low levels of satisfaction, personal growth, sense of achievement.
fun job with a lot of noise.
Press Helper (Former Employee), DeLand, FLMay 17, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
Great place to learn how mail gets printed but very hard to advance with very strict management.
Company is having a lot of financial issues.
Fitter (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 15, 2013
I worked for MB Industries for about 5 years, over the last 2, I have been laid off twice due to lack of work. They are having tons of financial isssues, as well as issues with OHSHA,Shreveport Fire Marshal and the city of Shreveport. If you want a reliable employer that you know will be around in the future, MB Industries is not for you.
nothing really good to say, except learned how to type faster
Data Entry (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 30, 2013
Cons: everything
Horrible place, no benefits, under payed, and no job stability. Was laid off there.