MBI, Inc.

MBI, Inc. Employer Reviews

Long work hours spent in a company truck
Saltwater mechanic (Former Employee), Belfield, NDJune 30, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: night shift
Working as a saltwater mechanic i checked my sites everyday unless told to check more or not to check certain disposals. Being there taught me that working hard pays off and with the money to be made in North Dakota it will keep me around for a long time. The management was lousy in some areas but with the crew i was on my boss was a good man and was – more... open to many suggestions that saved us time and helped move us up in salary. My co-workers were like a lot of regular people sometime they could get on your nerves and some could make you laugh every time you seen them. The hardest part of my job was having to work night shifts because night is night and your body just needs to sleep. The best part of my job was making money and having a good time doing it. – less
must love to work and deal with up and down business
Security Guard (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJune 1, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: long hours and not being able to spend time with family and company stay broke back then
Mbi was under staff when i was their and the days were long, but their was good people in our department, but it was a branch of the job that couldnt deal with other departments because we were security and we couldnt show favor with G.M or other supervisiors. the job was enjoyable and thier was good people working together to make things work out for – more... the good. – less
not a good place
Class A Driver (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 23, 2014
Cons: all
filthy, gross, bad managment, bad coworkers, stupid polices...just bad in every way
Hard work....
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 15, 2014
Company stop meeting DOT regulations rules with over weight trailer..
Grew to fast
Operator (Former Employee), Belfield, NDApril 12, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: sold out to mbi
This company was good but the growing pains of the company made it tuff on everyone
Great employees, less than positive management
Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: 9-5, benefits
Cons: negative work environment
A typical work day included answering and directing phone calls.
Signing for and receiving packages.
Maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the office.

The management was very negative it was not a pleasant work environment.
my job, supervisor, co workers
Driver (Former Employee), King & Queen, VADecember 6, 2013
Pros: some of the cookouts the company put together and meeting new drivers
Cons: some of the long hours and the bad weather we had to work in
I enjoyed for the most part working for MBI. I knew where I was going first thing and if the supervisor had any questions he would call me or if there were loads somewhere else and he wanted me to get it. The he was more than the supervisor he was a friend and made sure that everything is going good and he knew I would help others when they were in – more... need.
I still keep in contact with other drivers and say how much they miss me and we had some good times and experiences.
when all the drivers get together for cook outs or meeting we enjoy joking with each other. – less
Excellent company
Installer (Former Employee), Baltimore/DCJune 7, 2013
Pros: i learned valuable experience
Cons: feared for my life, working in the slums of d.c.and baltimore
Responsible for placement and installation of (UMTS) 3106 and 3206 cabinets and 3418, 3518 (micro cells).
I enjoy the work, we get paid by the load and circumstances sometime prevent us from getting loads and making money.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJune 3, 2013
We deliver trash from transfer site in lexington to landfield in Standford, KY. The most enjoyable part of the job is the guys I work with.
Micro-managed with little opportunity for growth.
Vice President, The Danbury Mint (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMay 21, 2013
High pay, high stress, high level of micromanagement, low levels of satisfaction, personal growth, sense of achievement.
fun job with a lot of noise.
Press Helper (Former Employee), DeLand, FLMay 17, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
Great place to learn how mail gets printed but very hard to advance with very strict management.
Company is having a lot of financial issues.
Fitter (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 15, 2013
I worked for MB Industries for about 5 years, over the last 2, I have been laid off twice due to lack of work. They are having tons of financial isssues, as well as issues with OHSHA,Shreveport Fire Marshal and the city of Shreveport. If you want a reliable employer that you know will be around in the future, MB Industries is not for you.
nothing really good to say, except learned how to type faster
Data Entry (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 30, 2013
Cons: everything
Horrible place, no benefits, under payed, and no job stability. Was laid off there.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Torrington, CTApril 27, 2013
I got along with everyone. The benefits were good I just wish that some of my co-workers were younger because I did twice or three times the amount of work than I should have.
Friendly work place even when though busy.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 23, 2013
Busy work schedule juggling paperwork. Friendly co-workers and management.
everything great except money issues
Sand Driver Oilfield (Former Employee), Dallas, WVApril 13, 2013
Pros: great hourly wage safety a priority
Cons: does not follow thru with money issues
Shorted on expence check left not worth the fight.If there was not money issues I would have remained
Great place to work with exception of director of operations
Dispatcher/Project Manager (Former Employee), Kent, WAApril 7, 2013
Pros: great pay and great owners
Cons: director of operations
Great company, great owners, great co-workers but one person can ruin it all. Director of Operations made everyone's lives miserable.
Stay Far Away
Marketing (Current Employee), NORWALK, CTMarch 5, 2013
Pros: nice people, benefits and location.
Cons: poor management, outdated systems and products
Not a place to be unless you been there for over 20 years. This company does nothing to get into the times. They still give new potential hires an outdated test that has nothing to do with there skills or the job functions. Lots of experienced people do not get hired because of this test.(I guess they are the lucky ones). The downfall is we need these – more... new skillset people to weed out the old processes. – less
Just Say No----Outdated Company
Marketing (Current Employee), NORWALK, CTMarch 3, 2013
Pros: nice people, benefits an d location is good.
Cons: outdated systems, lazy management, no new ideas, stuck in the 50's.
Not a good place to work. Very clicky and they only hire woman. Guys have little chance of getting hired for a Marketing job, They are stuck in the 50's. Products are outdated and Management is lazy.........

H/R gives an outdated aptitude test for employment which has nothing to do with the experience on the resumes. they only hire young woman anyway – more... regardless of the test.

Just say NO if u even get an offer. – less
Nice work place bad management
Property management director assistant (Current Employee), Meriden, CTJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: nice work envirment
Cons: terrible managament
The people are awesome that you work with, the managment on the other hand lies, does not care about loyalty, she is impulsive and changes things at the drop of a hat.