MBI Energy Services Employee Reviews

Excellent company excellent benefits excellent safety program
Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Ross, NDJanuary 28, 2017
I have been working for mbi since September the safety program is one of the best in the industry I have open communications with the upper management and they listen and understand situations and very promp on solutions,excellent crew to work with,
Pros
Great pay great benefits
Cons
Housing costs
Great Company
Buisness Operations (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDJanuary 24, 2017
Great company. Great pay, advancement, and benefits!

Overall amazing company. A lot of changes recently but all for the better. It is getting better and better and 2017 is looking bright!
Just want you to make money for them
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDJanuary 6, 2017
The management does not care about you, only that you are out there working to make them money. If you are a driver, you gotta suck it up if you wanna work. -30 windchill, working for 16 hours minimum. Bosses go home, tell you to "finish all the work".
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Dont care about your health or welfare, raises promised but not given, no family life
Good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYDecember 29, 2016
MBI Energy Services was hands down the best trucking company I worked for. Hourly pay, minimum hours, overtime pay, some holidays off.

My terminal was shut down, and our job was outsourced, so there were a lot of sand haulers, dispatch officers, office staff and management that was let go. Not all of us could find available positions elsewhere in the company.
Company was a good place to work until the oil price dropped
Transportation Specialist/Hazmat Driver (Former Employee) –  Ross, NDJune 24, 2016
Fair equipment, very good mechanics, not enough work to make it away from home. good safety team. very good training program. cost of company housing was to high. The New management team knows nothing about truck operations. Not much to offer anymore.
Pros
Good training
Going down hill fast
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North DakotaApril 22, 2016
Management here is terrible! Ever since the Arthauds are not incharge of the business... it has gone downhill terribley! The turn over rate is high here for a reason. Apply at your own risk.
money with long days
Dispatcher/Driver (Former Employee) –  Ross, NDNovember 17, 2015
you will spend a lot of time in different weather situations, ranging from 30 below zero to 90 degrees above zero.frequent equipment breakdowns.
productive
Sand Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ross, NDOctober 22, 2015
Loved the job I was doing, Working by myself with a lot of resposibility made me feel like I was part something big. The hardest part of the job was the weather.
good place to work
Shop Manager / Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  nunn,coOctober 14, 2015
grate pay, good equipment, plenty of hours, excellent morals and employees. willing to help employees the best they know how hardest part of the job is balancing family with work. job requires many many hours.
Pros
benuifuits
Cons
hiouras
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  ross NDOctober 13, 2015
family oriented understands being away from home and cares about you as a person. addresses any concerns you might have and doesnt let anybody push you around
Great Career opertunity
Hydro-vac operator (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDSeptember 29, 2015
I loved MBI and if I hadn't lived so far from family I never would have left. I advanced quickly, and gained knowledge and skills.
Crude Oil Hauler in the Bakken Oil Fields of North Dakota
CDL Class A Driver/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDAugust 18, 2015
- Responsible hauling of crude oil via double tankers
- Work safely and efficiently in extreme cold temperatures
- Train various incoming employees on the strict safety requirements and daily functions of their new positions.
- Ensure MBI and customers needs are met in a timely manner
- Show dependability and professionalism in all situations
learning exoirence
Truck Driver/ sales department (Current Employee) –  Ross, NDAugust 10, 2015
I have learned a lot while employed here, A lot of different jobs and helped out where ever I am needed, They do a lot of different jobs and have various pieces of equipment
I saved a life and got screwed
Welder/Driver (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDAugust 6, 2015
Yea

Like the title reads..one of the fab guys came in drunk and was going to do a confined space repair in a gas tank…I told him to go home and we would cover him..instead he called me an a***hole ..so I said screw it.. I told the boss and then he sent him home…then after that I was consider a rat….then lost my job
Excellent place to work
WIPS Keyer (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDJuly 26, 2015
When another co-worker who was also a long term boyfriend was injured in a car accident while on the clock the company but forward 100%. They were understanding of the necessary time needed to be taken off and without asking paid me for being in the hospital. The employees had an open workplace to easily communicate with the managers.
Great work enviroment
Field Safety Representative (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDJuly 15, 2015
My typical day at work starts out with the line up with the crews, we cover out safety topics for the day, and I make sure they have all the proper safety equipment before heading out into the field. I will then send out and email detailing my safety plan for the day. After that I will head out into the field checking on the work sites and making sure all of my workers are in compliance. If there are any incidents during my shift I will respond to the scene, make sure all parties are safe, then begin my investigation and report. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is working away from home. I currently live in California, but I am working in North Dakota. I am a family man and it can be difficult to say the least. The most enjoyable part of my job is the many opportunities I have been given to learn and develop my safety career.
Pros
Healthcare, Training, Leadership
Cons
16 hour shifts, Sub zero temperatures
I work here
Water Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Ross, NDJune 18, 2015
Until the crash happened I was very please with MBI, work has been slow and do not understand why they keep hiring which makes matters worse,
Though during the slow down they did keep us busy doing various different projects, that has not been the case lately
Pros
Good Pay (when working) good benefits.
Cons
not enough work lately
Good pay, bad management
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Ross, NDMay 21, 2015
its is shift work 5 to 5 six days a week. I enjoyed the people I worked with the only down side was there was no one to turn too with complaints about management, seemed to be too much of a "good ole' boys club"
It was a much better place to work 2 years ago but the pay and benefits were good.
Pros
Paid medical for you and your family
Cons
you are just a number
Declining Work
water driver (Former Employee) –  watford/belfield north dakotaMay 15, 2015
MBI doesn't have many water contracts right now. They are still hiring lots of drivers but no work for them -water drivers sit around at the man camp not getting paid. Hours have been cut. No guaranteed hours. Just sit around until there is work to do. It's a good company, but not enough work to get paid enough when their man camp costs $400/month from your check.
Great pay but nothing to do in North Dakota
Salt Water Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDMay 6, 2015
Due to the price of oil declining left a lot of workers with less hours to work. Before i would work 12-14 hours and my hours were shortened 8-10 hours. I enjoyed the job but the time away from my family took a toll on us and I had to come back home to my young children. I would suggest this company to anyone that wants to work and make money. There is not much to do in North Dakota. So if you get home sick easy this is not a place for you.
Pros
free benefits and pay
Cons
manager gave more hours to people that they liked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MBI Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.