MBI Energy Services

MBI Energy Services Employee Reviews

I work here
Water Truck Driver (Current Employee), Ross, NDJune 18, 2015
Pros: Good Pay (when working) good benefits.
Cons: not enough work lately
Until the crash happened I was very please with MBI, work has been slow and do not understand why they keep hiring which makes matters worse,
Though during the slow down they did keep us busy doing various different projects, that has not been the case lately
Good pay, bad management
Company Driver (Current Employee), Ross, NDMay 21, 2015
Pros: Paid medical for you and your family
Cons: you are just a number
its is shift work 5 to 5 six days a week. I enjoyed the people I worked with the only down side was there was no one to turn too with complaints about management, seemed to be too much of a "good ole' boys club"
It was a much better place to work 2 years ago but the pay and benefits were good.
Declining Work
water driver (Former Employee), watford/belfield north dakotaMay 15, 2015
MBI doesn't have many water contracts right now. They are still hiring lots of drivers but no work for them -water drivers sit around at the man camp not getting paid. Hours have been cut. No guaranteed hours. Just sit around until there is work to do. It's a good company, but not enough work to get paid enough when their man camp costs $400/month from your check.
Great pay but nothing to do in North Dakota
Salt Water Truck Driver (Former Employee), Watford City, NDMay 6, 2015
Pros: free benefits and pay
Cons: manager gave more hours to people that they liked
Due to the price of oil declining left a lot of workers with less hours to work. Before i would work 12-14 hours and my hours were shortened 8-10 hours. I enjoyed the job but the time away from my family took a toll on us and I had to come back home to my young children. I would suggest this company to anyone that wants to work and make money. There is not much to do in North Dakota. So if you get home sick easy this is not a place for you.
Good Company
Driver (Former Employee), Ross, NDMay 2, 2015
Most of my experience with May trucking was good. They just don't in my opinion pay enough per mile and not enough miles for the drivers. Otherwise I enjoyed working there and gaining on the road experience.
Very productive place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Minot, NDMarch 4, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: little home time
Best place I ever work very good pay all around good The only down side was very little home time but you make real money Very good people to work for and you get to learn a lot
Enjoyed the work load & the people I worked with
Sand hauler (Former Employee), Williamsport, PADecember 22, 2014
Pros: pay & benefits
Cons: equipment needed a little up graded
Enjoyed the type of work I did ,the benefits and pay, some days the job was challenging ,other days to easy, I had fun and was always safety minded. Wasn't hard to put in a 12-14 hour day . Hardest part of the job was road conditions during the winter months on lease roads.
Has potential..But Management is the problem
Wireline Operator (Former Employee), North DakotaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: nice equipment, lots of hours
Cons: incompetent management no real hr or safety support
Worked with the High Plains Wireline...Would've been a awesome job but....But good ol'boy management that lacked true leadership was incompetent at best backed up with cronyism, nepotism and lack of training for anyone other than a one of their kids or buddies..made it a nightmare. .Don't get me wrong if you get in a click you're gonna do fine..maybe until someone in management wants to get a family member or a buddy a job....
For Some People
Water Transfer Tech (Former Employee), Killdeer, NDSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: compensation, hours
Cons: sleep, housing
Where do I start?

Job:

It's a heavy manual labor position. Unfortunately, MBI Recruiter failed to state this. Was hired on as a CDL driver, but I have only driven one time. The rest is heavy labor. Work hours are typically 15 hour days, which is fine. However, they house you in Dickinson, which is a hour drive from the yard. By the time a day is finished, with travel time, you only get about three hours of sleep. How can anyone operate a Commercial Vehicle safely with three hours of sleep? Three hours of sleep for three weeks straight does not equate to a safe working environment.

Training:

There is no training. I was sent into the field and given little to no direction. The foreman would not say a word to me. I finally asked him if there is something I should be doing? He advised me to just observe. There is no direction whatsoever. There was no explanation into how and why things work. If you are rigging up or down, you'll just be doing hard labor, which does not require any training. It's self explanatory.

Management/Supervisors/Leads:

In the Water Transfer Division there are several Supervisors/Leads (Foreman). Most of them grew up together in Minnesota, and they are extremely cliquish. They openly talk down about the new guys (Green Hats), instead of properly training them. There are many days where returning to the yard at the end of shift that some of them smell of alcohol.

Coworker (Green Hats):

Most are helpful and will explain how to do things since trainers/foreman won't. However, there is quite a few bad apples who take on the trainers/foreman's point-of-views. The don't want anything to do with you because you are a brand new green hat. These bad apples are typically the green hats that have been in the department for three months.
Your a number and expendable
SAFE Team Member (Former Employee), Ross NDSeptember 9, 2014
Cons: everything
Long hours,horrible management, little or no trainning before your sent out in the field. Terrible leadership and management.

I would find another place to work, no time for a life working 100 hrs a week, little sleep.
Job diversity
Driver (Current Employee), Ross, NDJuly 24, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: lots of hours
I work a different job every day from delivering fresh water to rigs to frac operations.
Housing assistance was okay, just not quiet enough to cover cost of living or ease of access to businesses.
Human Resources Liaison (Current Employee), Ross, NDJuly 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: housing
Housing was assisted but no quiet enough for the cost of living in Ross, ND. Ease of access to grocery shopping, renting movies, getting internet and television very difficult with the rural location.
it was ok
Production Water Driver Class A (Former Employee), belfield, ndApril 7, 2014
shasta county is like any other government agency, they are more worried about what you might do to get them in trouble than actually taking care of and keeping great employees.
Lacks growth in some areas
DISPATCH (Former Employee), Charlotte, TXDecember 26, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: plays favorites towards family and friends in the company
This is a great company to work for in the N.D. Area but as far as other regions it is by far one of the most mid-managed companies in the oil field.
Awesome career with excellent oppurtunities
Field Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Ross, NDMay 4, 2013
Oil industry with excellent pay and advancement. No job assignment is the same.
Top Tier Energy Services U.S.A.
Heavy Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), United States of AmericaApril 4, 2013
Outstanding, very impressed with their time sensitive delivery of energy services.

About MBI Energy Services

MBI Energy Services is a diversified oilfield service company that was established in Belfield, ND in 1979. MBI serves its customers – Read more

MBI Energy Services Salaries