MBI Energy Services Employee Reviews

Long days, exciting. Good pay.
Quality Control / Safety (Former Employee) –  Nunn, COAugust 8, 2017
Hectic stressful to begin with, although once i got in the groove all was good. great money and i was well respected..Very good experience along with seeing new places was a bonus. I made life long friends at MBI and will always be indepted to this company.
Great people, community-minded, growing
Operations (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDJuly 12, 2017
MBI is a great company. The people are friendly and hard-working no matter what their position is with the company. They've been around for a long time, so they are established and well-liked locally. MBI goes above and beyond to do good things for the communities in the area. There is a lot of opportunity to grow and there are a lot of new openings with the market improving. Excellent pay and benefits. Very safety-focused & career-oriented. Transition to ND can be hard for some, but the towns in the Bakken have really worked hard to catch up since the boom and make it a great place to live and raise a family up here. Really good schools and activities for families, awesome hunting and fishing...overall, MBI offers good, steady work and ND offers nice quality of life.
Pros
The people. Career focus over job focus. Safety.
Cons
None. I love it here.
Pay is not what was Promised
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJune 28, 2017
Recruiter at Walter Resource Partners basically lied about the position. Housing, pay, benefits were all greatly exaggerated. He said they have placed a bunch of guys there that were all making 90k to 120k a year and living conditions were great. That all turned out to be false and I know other guys have had the same story. MBI is a good company just was really misled about the job. Had I known the truth I wouldn't have taken it. Recruiters like Walter Resources are such scams. Unless you are from ND you can't live off of the amount being paid.
Pros
Really nice people
Cons
Everything already said
Good Hours
Water Transfer (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDJune 7, 2017
I get to work long hours and the pay is good. I learned how to manage water pumps and transfer water to other work sites that need it. I work with good people, the employees are helpful, and Iearn new things from them everyday.
Money's not good as promised by recruiter
Water Driver (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDMay 25, 2017
I was recruited by Walter Resource Partners. They told me I could make 90 to $120,000 per year. That turned out to be a lie wasted my time and energy coming up here from Tennessee. They do have a good training program however what they teach you in school is not what happens in reality. They teach you the SOP way but everybody that works there does not follow it because it's a deal-killer you will lose money doing it the SOP way. I left after 3 weeks got to see first hand that I was not going to suggest myself too brutal winners for 65 70 thousand a year hey bring my family up here to live a mediocre life because housing is very expensive. Food is expensive. Everything in the Bakken is expensive. Their housing is a joke unless you like living in Salem's Lot. I could go on and on would not recommend moving up here or even coming up here for this kind of money it's a waste of time for me.
Pros
Decent matching 401k
Cons
Everything I just listed above
Great Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDApril 6, 2017
Great company for guys just starting out their careers in driving trucks. Very demanding and very challenging as well. Keeps your mind focus on your task. Great work support from management.
Pros
High pay for new drivets.
Cons
You work in all wheather
Great Company to work for
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDMarch 21, 2017
I have been working with MBI for 9 years. The people you work with are great. They have flexible scheduling to work with your home life. Also no matter what the company goes through, they try to do what's best for the company and for the employee's
Pros
Benefits, 401K, Flexible schedule
Cons
The Oil field changes everyday so there will be ups and downs, you have to be flexible when it comes to work. Management can improve in some areas.
Field (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDMarch 6, 2017
MBI has gotten harsh reviews due to an ever changing market/environment in the Oil Industry. MBI has managed to come out strong in the down turn and continues to make improvements every day. I believe they are going in the right direction and continually improving.

Certain divisions can definitely use improvement when it comes to management
Pros
Insurance, Pay, continuous change
Company
Gauger/Saltwater disposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDMarch 6, 2017
Great Company till they got so big that it was about them not its people that made the company what it is today. I just wanted more in life. I was promoted 2 times but the company went south when the oil dried up so had to move onto another job.
Not what it once was
Water Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Ross, NDMarch 4, 2017
The company has been seeming to hold on by the skin of its teeth for quite some time now. Since the oil boom ended really. Work is extremely scarce and nothing is proactively done to procure work. This company is also relying on contractors to the point of ignoring their company employees. The benefits are decent though company housing is charged at an exorbitant rate. Management never really listens to employees unless it may directly benifit them to do so. Logistics for this company has to be ran like someone throwing darts on a map and busy work created for no pay. The pay is also load or percentage based. You will not earn what is promised to you. That is guaranteed.
Pros
Decent benefits package
Cons
Very dangerous work and conditions. Pay isn't as good as it should be. Work is never steady.
Excellent company to work for with great training and benifits.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDMarch 3, 2017
I have been here 11 years, The oil industry is up and down but MBI continues to capture as much work as possible even during the down turn. If you are willing to ride out the highs and lows of the industry MBI will be here when it turns around again. Weather conditions here can be harsh but its North Dakota. Management has changed but this company is in business to stay in business. The ability to change and adapt to the changes in the industry is the key. Best Training hands down. Great safety culture.
Pros
Excellent benifits and training.
Cons
Some winters can be harsh.
Good coworkers
Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDMarch 1, 2017
Couldn't get time off to go see doctors when other coworkers got days off as soon as they asked took three weeks to get a day off to go, management told every one we where all just bodies to make money and we didn't matter to the company
Excellent company excellent benefits excellent safety program
Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Ross, NDJanuary 28, 2017
I have been working for mbi since September the safety program is one of the best in the industry I have open communications with the upper management and they listen and understand situations and very promp on solutions,excellent crew to work with,
Pros
Great pay great benefits
Cons
Housing costs
Great Company
Buisness Operations (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDJanuary 24, 2017
Great company. Great pay, advancement, and benefits!

Overall amazing company. A lot of changes recently but all for the better. It is getting better and better and 2017 is looking bright!
Room For Improvement
Manager (Current Employee) –  North DakotaJanuary 19, 2017
Good company due to benefits, compensation, professional mobility and work/life balance (if you desire).

Downgraded due to Management and their willingness to 'promote' from within; nepotism is an issue. Operations is not willing to be nimble, something the company takes pride in.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Culture and Management
Just want you to make money for them
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDJanuary 6, 2017
The management does not care about you, only that you are out there working to make them money. If you are a driver, you gotta suck it up if you wanna work. -30 windchill, working for 16 hours minimum. Bosses go home, tell you to "finish all the work".
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Dont care about your health or welfare, raises promised but not given, no family life
Good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYDecember 29, 2016
MBI Energy Services was hands down the best trucking company I worked for. Hourly pay, minimum hours, overtime pay, some holidays off.

My terminal was shut down, and our job was outsourced, so there were a lot of sand haulers, dispatch officers, office staff and management that was let go. Not all of us could find available positions elsewhere in the company.
Company was a good place to work until the oil price dropped
Transportation Specialist/Hazmat Driver (Former Employee) –  Ross, NDJune 24, 2016
Fair equipment, very good mechanics, not enough work to make it away from home. good safety team. very good training program. cost of company housing was to high. The New management team knows nothing about truck operations. Not much to offer anymore.
Pros
Good training
Going down hill fast
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North DakotaApril 22, 2016
Management here is terrible! Ever since the Arthauds are not incharge of the business... it has gone downhill terribley! The turn over rate is high here for a reason. Apply at your own risk.
money with long days
Dispatcher/Driver (Former Employee) –  Ross, NDNovember 17, 2015
you will spend a lot of time in different weather situations, ranging from 30 below zero to 90 degrees above zero.frequent equipment breakdowns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MBI Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

MBI Energy Services Reviews by Location