MBI Energy Services Employee Reviews

Company was a good place to work until the oil price dropped
Transportation Specialist/Hazmat Driver (Former Employee) –  Ross, NDJune 24, 2016
Fair equipment, very good mechanics, not enough work to make it away from home. good safety team. very good training program. cost of company housing was to high. The New management team knows nothing about truck operations. Not much to offer anymore.
Pros
Good training
Going down hill fast
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North DakotaApril 22, 2016
Management here is terrible! Ever since the Arthauds are not incharge of the business... it has gone downhill terribley! The turn over rate is high here for a reason. Apply at your own risk.
Great work enviroment
Field Safety Representative (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDJuly 15, 2015
My typical day at work starts out with the line up with the crews, we cover out safety topics for the day, and I make sure they have all the proper safety equipment before heading out into the field. I will then send out and email detailing my safety plan for the day. After that I will head out into the field checking on the work sites and making sure all of my workers are in compliance. If there are any incidents during my shift I will respond to the scene, make sure all parties are safe, then begin my investigation and report. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is working away from home. I currently live in California, but I am working in North Dakota. I am a family man and it can be difficult to say the least. The most enjoyable part of my job is the many opportunities I have been given to learn and develop my safety career.
Pros
Healthcare, Training, Leadership
Cons
16 hour shifts, Sub zero temperatures
Good pay, bad management
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Ross, NDMay 21, 2015
its is shift work 5 to 5 six days a week. I enjoyed the people I worked with the only down side was there was no one to turn too with complaints about management, seemed to be too much of a "good ole' boys club"
It was a much better place to work 2 years ago but the pay and benefits were good.
Pros
Paid medical for you and your family
Cons
you are just a number
Great pay but nothing to do in North Dakota
Salt Water Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDMay 6, 2015
Due to the price of oil declining left a lot of workers with less hours to work. Before i would work 12-14 hours and my hours were shortened 8-10 hours. I enjoyed the job but the time away from my family took a toll on us and I had to come back home to my young children. I would suggest this company to anyone that wants to work and make money. There is not much to do in North Dakota. So if you get home sick easy this is not a place for you.
Pros
free benefits and pay
Cons
manager gave more hours to people that they liked
Your a number and expendable
SAFE Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ross NDSeptember 9, 2014
Long hours,horrible management, little or no trainning before your sent out in the field. Terrible leadership and management.

I would find another place to work, no time for a life working 100 hrs a week, little sleep.
I work here
Water Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Ross, NDJune 18, 2015
Until the crash happened I was very please with MBI, work has been slow and do not understand why they keep hiring which makes matters worse,
Though during the slow down they did keep us busy doing various different projects, that has not been the case lately
Pros
Good Pay (when working) good benefits.
Cons
not enough work lately
Has potential..But Management is the problem
Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  North DakotaOctober 6, 2014
Worked with the High Plains Wireline...Would've been a awesome job but....But good ol'boy management that lacked true leadership was incompetent at best backed up with cronyism, nepotism and lack of training for anyone other than a one of their kids or buddies..made it a nightmare. .Don't get me wrong if you get in a click you're gonna do fine..maybe until someone in management wants to get a family member or a buddy a job....
Pros
Nice Equipment, lots of hours
Cons
Incompetent management No real HR or Safety support
good place to work
Shop Manager / Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  nunn,coOctober 14, 2015
grate pay, good equipment, plenty of hours, excellent morals and employees. willing to help employees the best they know how hardest part of the job is balancing family with work. job requires many many hours.
Pros
benuifuits
Cons
hiouras
money with long days
Dispatcher/Driver (Former Employee) –  Ross, NDNovember 17, 2015
you will spend a lot of time in different weather situations, ranging from 30 below zero to 90 degrees above zero.frequent equipment breakdowns.
Crude Oil Hauler in the Bakken Oil Fields of North Dakota
CDL Class A Driver/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDAugust 18, 2015
- Responsible hauling of crude oil via double tankers
- Work safely and efficiently in extreme cold temperatures
- Train various incoming employees on the strict safety requirements and daily functions of their new positions.
- Ensure MBI and customers needs are met in a timely manner
- Show dependability and professionalism in all situations
productive
Sand Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ross, NDOctober 22, 2015
Loved the job I was doing, Working by myself with a lot of resposibility made me feel like I was part something big. The hardest part of the job was the weather.
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  ross NDOctober 13, 2015
family oriented understands being away from home and cares about you as a person. addresses any concerns you might have and doesnt let anybody push you around
Enjoyed the work load & the people I worked with
Sand hauler (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 22, 2014
Enjoyed the type of work I did ,the benefits and pay, some days the job was challenging ,other days to easy, I had fun and was always safety minded. Wasn't hard to put in a 12-14 hour day . Hardest part of the job was road conditions during the winter months on lease roads.
Pros
pay & benefits
Cons
Equipment needed a little up graded
For Some People
Water Transfer Tech (Former Employee) –  Killdeer, NDSeptember 25, 2014
Where do I start?

Job:

It's a heavy manual labor position. Unfortunately, MBI Recruiter failed to state this. Was hired on as a CDL driver, but I have only driven one time. The rest is heavy labor. Work hours are typically 15 hour days, which is fine. However, they house you in Dickinson, which is a hour drive from the yard. By the time a day is finished, with travel time, you only get about three hours of sleep. How can anyone operate a Commercial Vehicle safely with three hours of sleep? Three hours of sleep for three weeks straight does not equate to a safe working environment.

Training:

There is no training. I was sent into the field and given little to no direction. The foreman would not say a word to me. I finally asked him if there is something I should be doing? He advised me to just observe. There is no direction whatsoever. There was no explanation into how and why things work. If you are rigging up or down, you'll just be doing hard labor, which does not require any training. It's self explanatory.

Management/Supervisors/Leads:

In the Water Transfer Division there are several Supervisors/Leads (Foreman). Most of them grew up together in Minnesota, and they are extremely cliquish. They openly talk down about the new guys (Green Hats), instead of properly training them. There are many days where returning to the yard at the end of shift that some of them smell of alcohol.

Coworker (Green Hats):

Most are helpful and will explain how to do things since trainers/foreman won't. However, there is quite a few bad apples who take on the trainers/foreman's
  more... point-of-views. The don't want anything to do with you because you are a brand new green hat. These bad apples are typically the green hats that have been in the department for three months.  less
Pros
Compensation, Hours
Cons
Sleep, Housing
Great Career opertunity
Hydro-vac operator (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDSeptember 29, 2015
I loved MBI and if I hadn't lived so far from family I never would have left. I advanced quickly, and gained knowledge and skills.
Housing assistance was okay, just not quiet enough to cover cost of living or ease of access to businesses.
Human Resources Liaison (Current Employee) –  Ross, NDJuly 14, 2014
Housing was assisted but no quiet enough for the cost of living in Ross, ND. Ease of access to grocery shopping, renting movies, getting internet and television very difficult with the rural location.
Benefits
Cons
Housing
I saved a life and got screwed
Welder/Driver (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDAugust 6, 2015
Yea

Like the title reads..one of the fab guys came in drunk and was going to do a confined space repair in a gas tank…I told him to go home and we would cover him..instead he called me an a***hole ..so I said screw it.. I told the boss and then he sent him home…then after that I was consider a rat….then lost my job
Excellent place to work
WIPS Keyer (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDJuly 26, 2015
When another co-worker who was also a long term boyfriend was injured in a car accident while on the clock the company but forward 100%. They were understanding of the necessary time needed to be taken off and without asking paid me for being in the hospital. The employees had an open workplace to easily communicate with the managers.
Lacks growth in some areas
DISPATCH (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, TXDecember 26, 2013
This is a great company to work for in the N.D. Area but as far as other regions it is by far one of the most mid-managed companies in the oil field.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Plays favorites towards family and friends in the company

2.9