MBM Corporation Employee Reviews

hard work, rude staff
Selector (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXAugust 7, 2017
rude staff, long hours overnight and daytime. constantly people rushed to hospital in the summer. try to get hired in the cooler if anything. not sure if same people work there or if anything has changed
Very good company to work for. Owners were people minded and acknowledged the value you gave to the company
Fleet Operations and Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 14, 2017
Traveled all over the USA to problem distribution centers and was given the latitude to help and develop plans to improve transportation needs for various locations. Great managers who would support and advise positively when needed
Pros
Overall outstanding in every way
Cons
Got bought out and laid off due to purchase
Great job
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 18, 2017
Hard work great money loved the the guys in my crew felt like a real team and family. Management was OK to work with nothing special. overall great company.
Stable Company
Truck Driver Class A (Rep) (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 10, 2017
These companies was good to work for and benefits was also good. Enjoyed the co-workers that I worked with and will miss them as a team member and friends.
Pros
Good company employees
No advancement...Low pay
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 8, 2017
No advancement , Low Pay. Good place to start, bit not a good place to stay. Good for work experience, but mostly low to zero raises though excellent reviews and still nothing.
MBM Corporation
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 16, 2017
I worked at MBM for a total of 13 years. I worked in the warehouse loading and unloading the trucks. I was in charge of pulling orders and shrink wrapping them on pallets. I always arrived on time for 13 years and worked very hard to keep my job for my family. I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers. MBM was a great company to work for with great benefits.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
New Management
Good Place to work
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 10, 2017
This was a good place to work.
The environment was very demanding
I was dispatched tickets to call and troubleshoot
Management was hands off and forwarded managed their teams
the work place was a big family
Hardest part of the job was learning all of the new McLean systems once we were acquired by McLean Company
I enjoyed working at this job, i turned my hobby into a profession
The hardes part of the day
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 15, 2017
MBM is a complex organization as they are the core carrier for Chic Fil A stores. Being in the food industry driver must always be aware that the refrigerated trailer unit is working at all times. Food must be probed at all times to ensure that the temperature is precise and regulated per food specs.
Pros
Customer satisfaction
Cons
Refrigerated unit malfunction
Very good benefits and a great oportunity for advancement!
Professional Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 11, 2017
I have worked for dc-1 for more then two years now, and I'm not going to lie it's been a rough ride! But over all if you really want to work? Management will help you a ton, to make sure you are ok with your assigned route! Very flexible personal at transportation, very friendlly people, and they all make you feel at home, the only bad part of all is the warehouse! People there have to do better when it comes to loading your route and securing goods inside!! Over all one of the best companies out there ! ! ! If you don't mind the hard work other then just holding the steering wheel for 11 hours a day!! The benefits alone are worth the job!
Pros
Best benefits, great people, chance for advancement!
Cons
Warehouse people need more improvement and better performance!!
Educational
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLJune 23, 2016
I learned how to work my way up the ladder in a warehouse distribution environment. I was able to achieve goals and titles I dreamed and worked hard for, as well as become a successful and important part of the management team,
Horrible
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 1, 2016
Worked at MBM Aurora for almost 5 years. They are the worst ran company I have ever had the displeasure of driving for. Upper management is horrible. They really treat their employees badly. DO NOT WORK for this company you will regret it.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced grocery products delivery services for restaurants.
Yard Jockey and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCDecember 30, 2015
I started out as a Yard Jockey preparing trailers to be backed into dock doors, to be loaded with groceries, and also staged them to be hooked up to tractors.I had trailers washed out when needed.I filled in for other drivers who were out sick or on vacation when needed.Made a few local deliveries with straight truck too.I had done this for about a year,then I was promoted to route delivery driver.Came into work early to load up personal items into tractor and trailer and inspect my tractor and trailer and grocery items inside, to be delivered to restaurants in NC. and surrounding states.Most of the time it would take about 1-3 days to deliver depending on how many restaurants you had to deliver to and where you had to go.Most of the time you could do at least 2-3 runs a week depending on your logbook statues.I would be off about 1 or 2 days out of the week.I had done this for about a year, also.
Pros
Meet different people and see different places, Salary and benefits were fairly descent
Cons
Had to watch load due to warehouse personnel sometimes would be damaged or stops mixed up
Typical Day to Day
Desktop Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 4, 2015
Manage the 4 Desktop Techs that report to me, monitor trouble tickets to our Team, work on projects that are in the works, report status updates to my Manager, manage 1300 users and computers across the country in 34 distrabution centers.
I had a good experience working for MBM.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 2, 2015
I was hired as an Administrative Assistant but after a couple of months was put in charge of their accounts payable. I did enjoy working there but answering a switchboard of over 400+ calls daily made it a little difficult to properly get the bills signed and sent to the home office in time. Over time, the DC Manager recognized this, along with the Warehouse Manager, and shifted that responsibility to the HR Manager. Overall, working for a huge corporation was quite the learning experience I needed. In other words, it was was interesting to see how the different divisions worked together and also how they did not, at times. I did love the people I worked with and I learned a lot.
Pros
Co-workers/Management/Structure
Cons
Got burned out quickly
Needs management improvement
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLJuly 21, 2015
It has wonderful potential. But upper management does not take situations important and address them the way they need to in order to keep productivity moving and exceling forward. They make statements that seem to fall apart and the workers pay the consequence. Each MBM DC is different, it all depends on your upper management.
Pros
Salary
Cons
holidays, family, their word
good group of guys on the warehouse floor
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 1, 2015
It pays well, everybody gets along. The only thing is that they change your schedule every few weeks and you're forced to work 20 hour shifts sometimes and it just gets a little overwhelming.
Pros
break when you want to basically
Cons
hours get terrible at times
fun and very good company to work for.
Loader and receiver (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 28, 2015
MBM is a good company to work for you will like it very much.Whoever get a chance to work at this company will enjoy and the benefits and all the insurance is good there.
Fun
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 20, 2015
fast paced environment, workload is a day to day thing. time management is a must. co-wrkers good people to be around.. make you want to come to work. the haredest part well thats on the individual.
Employees are have good attitude, Work is physical and mental
Worker (Current Employee) –  CASeptember 22, 2014
Work is physical and mental, co-employees are have a good attitude towards work. Management is going through big changes which makes work somewhat difficult to work with at times.
senior management is horrible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  ColumbusAugust 23, 2014
Not a good place to work, dishonest management, long hard working hours, Bad turn over.
Pros
vacation if approved