MBM Corporation Employee Reviews

Fast paced grocery products delivery services for restaurants.
Yard Jockey and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCDecember 30, 2015
I started out as a Yard Jockey preparing trailers to be backed into dock doors, to be loaded with groceries, and also staged them to be hooked up to tractors.I had trailers washed out when needed.I filled in for other drivers who were out sick or on vacation when needed.Made a few local deliveries with straight truck too.I had done this for about a year,then I was promoted to route delivery driver.Came into work early to load up personal items into tractor and trailer and inspect my tractor and trailer and grocery items inside, to be delivered to restaurants in NC. and surrounding states.Most of the time it would take about 1-3 days to deliver depending on how many restaurants you had to deliver to and where you had to go.Most of the time you could do at least 2-3 runs a week depending on your logbook statues.I would be off about 1 or 2 days out of the week.I had done this for about a year, also.
Pros
Meet different people and see different places, Salary and benefits were fairly descent
Cons
Had to watch load due to warehouse personnel sometimes would be damaged or stops mixed up
Needs management improvement
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLJuly 21, 2015
It has wonderful potential. But upper management does not take situations important and address them the way they need to in order to keep productivity moving and exceling forward. They make statements that seem to fall apart and the workers pay the consequence. Each MBM DC is different, it all depends on your upper management.
Pros
Salary
Cons
holidays, family, their word
Great Temporary Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 9, 2014
This is overall a good company to work for. Unfortunately, I was employed there at a bad time. The company closed shortly after my assignment ended. The loss of contracts within the company was the only bad thing that interfered with me being hired permanently. Permanent employees received great benefits with the opportunity for advancement . Most employees loved working there. Most employees were employed there for over a decade. The environment was good. I loved working there.
Pros
Good job for permanent employees.
Cons
Job ended.
fun and very good company to work for.
Loader and receiver (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 28, 2015
MBM is a good company to work for you will like it very much.Whoever get a chance to work at this company will enjoy and the benefits and all the insurance is good there.
I had a good experience working for MBM.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 2, 2015
I was hired as an Administrative Assistant but after a couple of months was put in charge of their accounts payable. I did enjoy working there but answering a switchboard of over 400+ calls daily made it a little difficult to properly get the bills signed and sent to the home office in time. Over time, the DC Manager recognized this, along with the Warehouse Manager, and shifted that responsibility to the HR Manager. Overall, working for a huge corporation was quite the learning experience I needed. In other words, it was was interesting to see how the different divisions worked together and also how they did not, at times. I did love the people I worked with and I learned a lot.
Pros
Co-workers/Management/Structure
Cons
Got burned out quickly
Horrible
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 1, 2016
Worked at MBM Aurora for almost 5 years. They are the worst ran company I have ever had the displeasure of driving for. Upper management is horrible. They really treat their employees badly. DO NOT WORK for this company you will regret it.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great place to keep you physically fit.
Driver Representative (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, GANovember 29, 2011
This position is 100% physical labor, get ready to cancel your gym subscription. Great benefits for drivers and warehouse employees.
Pros
good pay and plenty of work hours
Cons
wear and tear on body
Typical Day to Day
Desktop Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 4, 2015
Manage the 4 Desktop Techs that report to me, monitor trouble tickets to our Team, work on projects that are in the works, report status updates to my Manager, manage 1300 users and computers across the country in 34 distrabution centers.
good group of guys on the warehouse floor
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 1, 2015
It pays well, everybody gets along. The only thing is that they change your schedule every few weeks and you're forced to work 20 hour shifts sometimes and it just gets a little overwhelming.
Pros
break when you want to basically
Cons
hours get terrible at times
ok place to work if u like 4-10hr shifts and 3 days off.
warehousemen (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 24, 2012
a typical day would be busy from the time you clocked in,the things i learned there after being there for 6 1/2 yrs was you cant make friends and keep it stright work.management had its moments,thats whenthe hardest part of the job came along.and the only enjoyable part of the job was when the co-workers did their job.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
working weekends/swing shift/pay
productive place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 10, 2012
Loved the Pay check and good people to work for long hours kept me away from home alot
senior management is horrible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  ColumbusAugust 23, 2014
Not a good place to work, dishonest management, long hard working hours, Bad turn over.
Pros
vacation if approved
Very fast paced.
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxFebruary 6, 2014
Very detailed orientated for completion of work assignments. Expectation of high productivity was demanded. Management was extremely interactive with workers to better the working conditions in the warehouse.Fellow workers were helpful and polite.
Pros
Free lunches on holidays.
Employees are have good attitude, Work is physical and mental
Worker (Current Employee) –  CASeptember 22, 2014
Work is physical and mental, co-employees are have a good attitude towards work. Management is going through big changes which makes work somewhat difficult to work with at times.
Fun
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 20, 2015
fast paced environment, workload is a day to day thing. time management is a must. co-wrkers good people to be around.. make you want to come to work. the haredest part well thats on the individual.
Very unorganized
Order puller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxOctober 2, 2013
Everyday you come you don't know if you will have work or not. Even the supervisor and lead act as if they are lost and confused. Schedule changes every other day so it's hard to balance life outside of work
Pros
Cons
No one on my shift was the more than a few months but the company has been there awhile.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAAugust 15, 2014
Busy day in the receiving department, great management and co workers.
Fast paced, cost driven perfomance enviroment. Committed to continual improvement for Client / Employee relations.
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 20, 2013
Responsible for overall performance. Provide support and direction to the staff for continued improvement in Safety, Service, Cost and Client / Employee relations.
This job made me love being in a warehouse environment.
Forklift Operation/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYDecember 17, 2013
This was my first warehouse job, and is currently why I have a job in a warehouse, as well as why I'm looking for an additional job in a similar work environment.
Fast Growing
Driver Qualifications File Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 22, 2013
This company started out as a meat company, then blossomed into a full blown Food Distribution Company.
Pros
No opinion
Cons
No opinion