MBM Foodservice Distribution

MBM Foodservice Distribution Employee Reviews in United States

Good pay, poor comunication
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Very busy work environment, and good team work at the ground level. However, the communication by upper management in relaying information about goals and direction to all other levels of the company was terrible.
Pros
very competitive pay
Cons
very long hours and horrible communication
poor management, drive employees into the ground
Order Selector/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2016
Worked for this company for 8 years and out of that time I only had 2 xmas holidays off. The company completely works the heck out of its employees. They only care about the daily workload. They care nothing about its employees. It's easy to move into management because employees quit on a daily basis! I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
it's a job
Cons
Over work employees
not empressed at all I have 3 million miles plus over the years I have never experienced such a poorly managed company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAAugust 15, 2016
Don't bother this company was a great company.after their buyout 4 years ago things have gotten bad they can not keep good management or drivers their adds say lift gates what they mean is you lift the ramp and you run up and down the ramp. Your hometime is very limited Just a very bad company
Pros
paid exercise
Cons
poor transportation management, don't let you have your vacation tim, .bad office environment, wages vary depending on how. well jen likes you, .I've seen alot of people get hurt on the job, mbm is on list with DOT and you will be pulled over and into scales frequently, You can not trust company
Great company, challenging location.
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 12, 2015
Work consists on a daily basis of running all reports for the day... Out of stock report, items not slotted, expected receiving report, on hold report, weekly shelf life analysis, daily code dates on sensitive product, donations, disposals, dead stock reports. I've held 6 different positions and moved up in 8 years at this company I've learned so much about being an operations specialist with strong focus on inventory management, customer service, receiving, loading, selection, and transportation. Management is difficult at this facility, a lot of operation issues that are not addressed completely. My co-workers are great, I have a solid long term relationship with a lot of them including a lot of members of management. The hardest part of this job is running all day like a marathon, for the last 5 years I've covered a lot of positions along and added to my own due to high turn over. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I can guide my teammates as I am a lead, learning everything I can even though I give so much guidance, and feeling accomplished when I can. Overall this company is great, with benefits and pay, just finding the right people and the right dynamic in food distribution is always a challenge.
Pros
Free lunches at times.
Cons
Poor leadership.
Friendly atmosphere with a demanding, set, pace and goals.
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 13, 2015
There's no such thing as a typical day at MBM. Almost every day is a different kind of fire to put out, but that's part of its appeal.
Its fast paced, demanding, competitive, and sometimes there's so much to do that you take your work home with you and finish it there.
The hardest part about the job is learning the job, it takes so long to learn every aspect of it and the only way to do it is through experience, but the best part is once you've learned it and you apply what you've learned every single day then you're golden.
Management varies from person to person, everyone is different, and your co workers are the same way.
Over all its a good place to work as long as you can handle the demand.
Pros
The benefits are nice.
Cons
Its hard to catch up once you leave your desk.
a decent place to work
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 1, 2016
the in-house management sucks. the holds the job over your head. and that's a harsh feeling. But the job is a very good job that I do. So all in all, its a little more than decent job.
Productive, fun place to work, felt like family
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MD 21001August 19, 2016
I learned a lot working at MBM. I enjoyed going to work most days and enjoyed everyone I worked with, I hoped it would be my long term position but they hit a bump with a customer and no longer needed my position.
Horrible, Hard work., poor management., No life.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 30, 2016
EXTREMELY physical., They don't appreciate anyone they only care about the daily workload. They overwork people and supervisors don't respect their employees.
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Cons
No holidays, No weekends or mornings for people with low seniority. again Bad, Horrible management. Poor leadership
Food Distribution
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 16, 2016
It is the type of job that would be ok if you didnt need to have a life outside of work. Is this what you were looking for. Just typing to type to fill the minimum requirement
Pros
Shift
Cons
Hours worked/schedule
Toxic Work Environment
Former applicant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioSeptember 27, 2013
Typical day 12-14 hours. Senior Management displays an overall lack of concern for its employees, from mid level management to the hourly employee. MBM Senior Management is driven by greed and coercion. The Transportation Group is expected to conduct their portion of the business through unethical and sometimes illegal measures. The Warehouse Manager position is a scapegoat for poor decisions made by members of Senior Facility and Regional management. The work environment can be described as hostile in nature, and apathy among the employees is very high. Not recommended as a place of employment for long term.
Pros
experience
Cons
work environment, no holidays, long hours without compensation
Horrible horrible horrible
Warehouse associate (distribution operator) (Former Employee) –  Rocky mount NCApril 21, 2015
Not enough money for what they have you do. People quit every other day and there work just gets added on to the hard workers there, I feel bad for the people that stay. instead of having more employes come in and work to together they have just 4 or 5 people work in each job position doing the job at least
(10-15)people should be doing TOGETHER !!. And after people quit every other day they hire another person back fast through unemployment agency and online. and it all becomes a cycle I've worked there for 1 month and never seen so many people quit and get hired then quit and someone else get hired all the time , management sees these but DOESN'T care because they see everyone else lower then them. Whelp Someone has to do it is what they always say and give you extra work when some quits .People pull and hurt there backs working 13-14 hours straight for 5days in a row and get fired because they can't pull 1400 cases anymore? we are people just like you not robots,slaves or stupid
Pros
You get a lot of hours
Cons
You get a lot of hours, not enough money, zero respect, they can careless about you
good company
Professional Driver Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 15, 2015
Long and late hours of work, management was very good, the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues
Pros
Management was great
Cons
late hours
Do a favor to yourself, staw away
Picker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 27, 2014
Money is pretty good, $1500-$2000 every 2 weeks. Looonng hours, 10-13 every day. You get days off during the week, no weekends. No matter who you are, you get CERO respect from managements or supervisor. Benefits are ok, not good but extremely expensive. Unsecure job. Warehouse's system is useless. Minutes go up every day, cause every day someone quit or get fired. Again, Stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
Benefits, life style, slavery, no life at all

Comment – February 27, 2016

Update: Quit this place a while ago. Managements were replaced and the high turn-over in this place is BRUTAL HIGH!. It's so bad they started calling old employees to come and work for them again. The job IS NOT that hard but the treatment is HORRIBLE! It does pay good, but your body can't pick for 10-13 hours in the freezer!! There is NO JOB security in this place! Don't even use credit to buy a computer at best buy because you don't know if you will have a job tomorrow.

production
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 17, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. The benefits and pay was not good so I decided to pursue employment elsewhere. I gained a lot of knowledge and skills by working for this company though.
*BEWARE* DONT work for this company!!!!
office (Current Employee) –  All TEXAS locations (Dallas/Lewisville/Ft.Worth)December 9, 2015
Waisted to many years of my life with this company the ONLY thing they are worried about is numbers, money and themselves (MANAGERS)
Pros
No PROS...
Cons
They don't appreciate anything and anyone
Archaic management style = Poor work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 8, 2013
Senior management shows little concern for employees. Employees work excessive hours for thankless staff of senior management. Senior management style is by threat of punishment rather than being supportive and encouraging.
Pros
competitive pay and benefits
Cons
lack of concern for employee welfare
n/a
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 26, 2015
good job security never would've left but the money wasn't enough good area really cared about employees in hard times of life I went through my hardest times working at mbm foodservice and they were really supportive.
Hard Work
Driver Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 26, 2015
extremely physical, getting up all times of the day, poor equipment, management could care less about a driver as long as he gets the load delivered
Pros
Pay
Cons
poor management poor equipment, poor working conditions
Good people and helpful. Good equipment.
Transportation Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 5, 2014
Good environment and incentive program is top notch. Job duties are not evenly divided up among middle managers.
Pros
local job, supportive management team, ability to be creative.
Cons
24/7 365 day job. long hours.
low pay. over work. poor management
driver representative (Current Employee) –  fort worthSeptember 1, 2014
.38 is what they pay. 15$ a stop. You work 6 days a week. All shifts. No home time. You only 1500 every two weeks. No perks. No days off if you needed .Truck not stacked right. Dolly unloading. Always late. No help. Short staffed ,guys quit weekly. Its the worst. You wont make it here. All trucks are 39000 lbs or more. You have to unload by yourself. Fast or your fired. You gotta put away the product and build your own pallets. You take a risk every time you work for them. All equipment is broken ,used. Not enough trailers. Trucks governor at 65. You will work 168 hours. You have to wait 90 days for health insurance. Paper logs. You have to stop at all scales. Hand pallet jack. You gonna work like never have in your life, then your check wont be close to what you deserve. Bad news
Cons
dont look for anything

2.5