MBM

MBM Employer Reviews

Bad experience
Delivery driver (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 18, 2014
Bad management, but the pay was good just a headache. Nedd new and better people working
could buy products for a cheaper price
Picker (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the money was good
Cons: worked every weekend
Its very a very comfortable environment. And all co-workers got along well.
hours always change, bad management starting at the regional manager Brad Bowers
Team leader (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJune 29, 2014
Pros: vacation once hired in if they approve it, free pop
Cons: bad management (brad bowers, linda johnson, leo tayler) long hours, place is a joke!
Spent 11 years employeed for company and working my butt off trying to move up. Management is never happy, they always expect more. Hard physical work and very long hours. You have no life working for Mbm.
did not have the to find out
food transportation magear (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 12, 2014
it was hard work that to go to the top you had to fight for it i did not got to stay at the job to give more of a review
professional place with equal opportunity
selector (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJune 11, 2014
learned different stacking methods and loadind methods and worked with diverse people
working with the people there. and pay
lead man (Former Employee), Frankfort kyApril 7, 2014
Pros: the learning ex'
i really injoyed this job because i went from the bottom of worker to being a lead man
is a work place that everyone should experince ones
Selector, loader (Former Employee), Sumner, WAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: free soda, and breaks
Cons: long hours, very estressing
starts at 2: till 6: am long days atypical day is a fast day, co-worker are always in competition yes I learn a lot there like working with a voice command and code reading, managing there were proper, we had very long days, we had new leaders every 3 months is really hard to work under pressure, my hardest part of my experience there was good pay but – more... long hours, you cant leave until everyone to the last person is done the most enjoyable is when I get home from a long hard day – less
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALNovember 11, 2013
Good for physical people. Keeps you in shape and good salary.
Not the best place to work
Warehouse/picker (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 31, 2013
Pros: pay rate, free cook-out, soda and ice cream
Cons: long hours shift, not life and days off during the week
Shift start at 2pm during the week and one hour earlier on weekends.
As soon you come in to work, you may work for 6-8-10-12-13 hours shift. Most likely you don't have weekends off, you days off will be during the week. After you work 12 hours and have to work the next day supervisors expect you to pick 100% of your job in 8 hours.

There is not HR – more... in this company, Manager and supervisor do what they want to do. They apply rules to whatever people when they want. You complain about safety, MBM won't do anything. They just don't care.

Let's stretch, that's what the supervisor says every day after the meeting. 60 seconds stretch for a 2,000 times you have to bend your back in a complete shift. You back will totally kills you every day.

You see people working overtime in their days off if they want, they walk in and work. Some another people don't. If you don't call and come in to work, you go home.

If you are volunteer for one day to work in a different department, you are done. Supervisor will send you again and again to help out freezer or cooler because you already know how to rock and roll in those places.They are a lot of people who say no to supervisor and supervisor are cool about it, they wont send them because they don't want, let's send someone else.

The money is good only if you can work in your days off if you want without making any stupid phone call to your supervisor. Just show up and work.

Hardest day at my warehouse are Sunday, Monday and Thursday is the worst day. There is no enjoyable part of my job, I am being honest, none! I have seen a lot of people, new people start working in freezer, they don't last 1 month. Supervisor quit or even Warehouse assistant manager.

Let me explain you how this place work (different system is used in each warehouse).

Today Monday, 36 trucks to do. (36 in dry, 36 cooler and 36 freezer)
MBM gives you time for whatever truck. Maybe truck 5 is way easier than truck 7, so they will you less minutes. If you want to pick 100% today, the minutes will be 580 minutes, that maybe 5 truck (routes)
Each route can have 4 orders, 6 orders. The bigger, the best for you, more minutes, easier to hit your minutes.

Today Monday, we have 12 guys people picking in dry.
So, you must think 3 routes (truck or trailer) each one?
Nope! You can do 5 routes and someone else 3 routes.
So if 4 guys are not picking fast enough, more hours of work for them! So more money? Yes but is not good for you.
If management says, 36 routes, 8 hours of work.
If those people made those 8 hours of work in 12, that's bad. You are slow!

So why don't they change this system?
That's is the answer everyone wants to hear!

If you have a family or want to go to college, MBM is not for you.

The only thing I like about MBM is the cookout (sometimes), free soda and free ice scream (always), thats all.

What I have learned at MBM?
Pick really fast so you can go home as soon as possible.

What MBM should improve?
We should have 50% discount in any gym we want to workout.
Provide more gloves
Fix old pallet jacks and replaces the old ones for new ones.
Create a Associate group

If you think you can pick around 5,000 cases or more in 40 hours per week, you may like this type of job.
BTW, be ready to loose weight!! Be ready! – less
self supervision
Order selector (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCOctober 16, 2013
Pros: the hours of duty and the overtime
Cons: sometimes the orders were too long for one man
enjoyed this job of order selector I learn how to work in a fast paced werehouse enviroment. good management team co-workers were ok
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCOctober 7, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: opportunity
I truly enjoy working at MBM due to the a comfortable atmosphere. I have learned a lot about working with vendor accounts.
no fun. slave wages
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 9, 2013
Cons: work you like a slave, then want more. zero incentive
worst place I ever worked. They say it means managed by morons. It lived up to it trust me
Hard work not appreciated.
Order Selector (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2013
Great pay for full time employees only. I worked hard on a regular basis to gain permanent employment with a company that was only beneficial to actual "hired on" employees. Quality work meant nothing, hard work meant nothing, and dedication meant nothing. False promises, unattainable production goals and inconsistent work loads.
Good job with good money
Warehouse loader (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 23, 2013
A typical day at work would include, making a diagram to load the truck, wrapping each pallet to place in truck to be shipped out. I have learned to work as a team and be responsible with what im expected to do at the work place. The co-workers were all hard working guys that spent countless amounts of hours around. The hardest part about the job is – more... the manual labor. – less
horrible place to work at
selector (Former Employee), pleasontanAugust 19, 2013
this company is very unorganized and treat there employees like garbage.
Busy work place, various job duties
Customer Service (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAJune 26, 2013
Phone calls, working with customers orders, paperwork, data entry. I've learned Customer Service Skills along with Transportation Skills. Various job duties.
productive and fun place
Picker and Packer (Former Employee), rockymountJune 5, 2013
Pros: cold
Cons: great pay and great benfites
a typical day of work picking over 1400 products and loading it up cold but love my co workers and the hardest part is making sure you get the right product
Productive environment
Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), LagosJune 2, 2013
I worked with many people with paper work and documentts as well as data entry. As my first job i learned how to get organized and work among others. Mangement and Co workers were professional.
very fast paced and productive
Forklift operator (Former Employee), newnan gaJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: alot of overtime, great pay
Cons: usually work 12-15 hours daily
a typical day on the forklift was maintaining all of the inventory, keeping stock supplied co-workers were fun to be around the enviornment was relaxed but fast paced
Work place
Custodial Tech (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSDecember 7, 2012
It is a company I am there to do a job to the best of my ability my area cause for a sterile environment and that is what I have learned to promote even in my own business

About MBM

What's on the menu at your favorite restaurant? Just ask Meadowbrook Meat Company (MBM), one of the largest privately owned foodservice – Read more