MC Sports

MC Sports Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Firearms Manager (Current Employee), Traverse City, MIOctober 24, 2014
Pros: gives hands on with the product we sell.
Cons: stress levels tends to get high during the holidays, you hit your pay ceiling quickly.
Greet customers is non stop, yet great because always a different person and personality. I have learned how to deal with so many personalities and not to take their attitudes serious. Learned to be quick to easy the customers concerns. Part of my job is to make my managers look good to the higher up managers and to the customers. The easier I make – more... the managers job the easier my job is. Our managers are very out going and make sure they are aware of others around them. – less
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Muncie, INSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, fun workplace
Cons: no security
I loved working for McSports. They are a great company and I loved the staff. I enjoyed being able to help customers and meet their needs. I loved sports growing up and it was fun to help others collect the equipment and appeal for the sports they were active in.
flexible schedule
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 7, 2014
Store manager lacks communication skills and professionalism
associate (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 10, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, use of 3.5 training to receive better discounts on great product such as under armour, adidas, asics, hunt and fish product, etc.
MC Sports is a great place to work, and great people to work with.
I highly recommend MC Sports for a place of employment.
Fun yet hard working enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), west bend wiJune 19, 2014
A typical day included cleaning, helping customers, facing items in the store, providing product information, completing orders, cashiering, etc. The hardest part of the job would be doing multiple things at once such as helping a customer in-store while having a customer on the phone while simultaneously pricing or stocking items. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job would be satisfying the customers. Getting a smile and a thank you from a customer makes the job fun. My managers were all friendly yet goal oriented. They made sure to give tasks and keep you busy. There was never time to just stand around and chat. – less
Overall, a satisfying job to work at as it has a good blend of do-it yourself projects and helping other workers and customers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJune 9, 2014
Pros: good management, work in sports
Cons: benefits
The first thing I usually do when I first arrive at work is get cashier drawer to be either a backup cashier or head cashier. Throughout the day, depending on the day of the week, I will work on truck and getting merchandise on the floor where it belongs. If there is no truck to work on, I attend to peoples' needs the best I can, and also work on getting – more... sale prices marked correctly, and working on advertisement sales. I learned how to multi-task better, especially cashiering, when I have to check people out, answer phones, and any other job possibility that might pop up. Also, I learned better to deal with more people at once. Being at a bigger retail store, there are more people and more personalities coming together, and everyone has their way of doing things and dealing with things. The hardest part of the job is probably doing the biggest advertisement set of the year before Black Friday. Everyone is running around working on getting everything set for that day. MC Sports has a good management crew. Overall, they are more than willing to help out and for the most part, they also do a good job at dealing with all the sales associates' different personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job is probably getting into a conversation with a customer about a sport, like golf, and showing him or her tips on how to get better, and seeing them smile back at you as they are happy to hear my information and tips. – less
Fairly paid contract employment
Contract Overnight Security (Former Employee), Marquette, MIMay 20, 2014
Pros: great pay, straight forward job duties
Cons: contract employment
Providing security for MC Sport's week long outdoor tent sale by completing patrols through the tent looking for any theft or vandalism throughout the night. Contacting local emergency personnel and MC Sport management in the event of a situation.
Energetic, with friendly and caring associates
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brighton, MIApril 27, 2014
Pros: discounts on products in store and on 3.5 training
Cons: few promotion opportunities
As a sales associate/cashier, typical day consist of greeting, being polite and helping customers. Moving new merchandise to the sales floors and re-arranging inventory to districts “planogram” to increase sales. Associates goal are to have returning customers because of the great staff at MC Sports. Being around sporting equipment I am familiar with, – more... gives me the opportunity to teach and learn from customers. With management being low, as a cashier I’ve learned the procedures they take for returns, exchanges, special orders and customer requests. All of the associates are required to know standard management procedures in case they are busy. Low management is also a down fall, due to few managers; customers have to wait minutes longer for their assistance. Thankfully the staff is outstanding, creating a enjoyable and healthy work environment. – less
Great Company
Cashier (Former Employee), Cadillac, MIApril 23, 2014
I loved working as seasonal help for this company. There is such a rush working the day after Thanksgiving. I worked here two years just as seasonal help during this time. 2006 and 2005 what a great bunch of people to work with. Not a very big turnover in management which is a bonus.
Mc Sports
Shipping and Receiving Team Lead (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 20, 2014
Overall- Great place to work

Co-workers- Friendly always understanding and compassionate
not enough hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 5, 2014
just because you like sports doesnt mean this is a job for you. i worked here after high school. i did not like it. didnt get a lot of hours and then once i started college for the first time the store manager got mad at me and cut my hours to four hours so i quit.
friendly fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Portage, MIJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches and snacks alot
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work would be greeting and small talk with the customers, learned allot about display and organization of products/store, my management were very down to earth and easy to get along with. The co-workers where kind and helpful everyone worked good together. The job was fairly easy i had no problems with anything. The most enjoyable part – more... would have to be the customer, you can meet some very cool interesting people while at work. – less
Don't Recomment
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 1, 2013
There is too much favorites going on. THe management was not very professional.
Fun, Exciting
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Saint Clairsville, OHSeptember 28, 2013
Good place to work. Smaller Chain so there is more communication between store level and corporate level. Direct contact with buyers gives them the upper hand in helping customers to find the products they are looking for.
it was a ok job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Goshen, INAugust 25, 2013
When not working in the store it was very productive going to different cities to help open new stores was the best.
Good company to work for
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJuly 25, 2013
The Bloomington, IN store was managed well. Training was efficient and I felt comfortable in my position quickly. Hours were pretty regular and managers were willing to work around my school schedule.
Semi-Productive, Good People with Distracted Work Ethic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Midland, MIMay 17, 2013
Pros: fun work environment, nice co-workers
Cons: distracting co-workers, lack of workforce drive in some areas
The company is a great company to work for with that said it was hard to work with the lack of customers and other workers being too lazy to fulfill what needed to be done.
MC Sports
SHOE MANAGER (Former Employee), ChampaignMarch 5, 2013
Greet, organize sports apparel, interact with customers, cashier, train new associates in shoe area and maintain shoe wall.
Good college job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 22, 2013
MC Sports was a good employer for a college job, though I would not pursue a career there.
great place to work
Shipping/Receiving/Hilo Driver (Current Employee), Kentwood, MIFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: nice break room, clean environment, organized stock room, great staff
Cons: rarely get 40 hours a week
MC Sports was a good place to work. The people and the employees that you're surrounded with are great.

About MC Sports

Michigan Sporting Goods Distributors has outgrown its name. Doing business as MC Sports, the sporting goods retailer operates – Read more