MC Sports Employee Reviews

Typical Day
Cashier, Floor Sales, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 17, 2017
it sucked ! I was offered a position to department manager for 50 cents more and a whole lot more stress and pointless trouble ,,,... NO THANKS. Never again, went to another job instead
company no longer exists
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Gave me every possible chance for advancement. The hardest part was trying to please unhappy customers because sometimes no matter what you couldn't win.
Great fun, enjoyable team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIJune 8, 2017
I had a great time working for MC Sports. Unfortunately, the entire franchise went out of business and liquidated. It is unlikely they will ever reopen
Just a great atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJune 1, 2017
this company is now closed but it was an amazing company that treated all it's employees well. they took the time to educate us about the products we sold at their expense.
Overall a great laid back job with frequent guests
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILMay 29, 2017
Employee and management were overall a great team in the location that I was in. Due to them closing and going out of business I can't give to much recommendation. I met great people in management and the overall guests that came in were very helpful and positive for those whom formed part of the Mc Sport's group.
Pros
Great store manager
Cons
Out-of-Business
Company Went Out of Business
Department Manager - Team Sports (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAMay 28, 2017
It was a great place to work and it's sad that the very profitable location I worked at is out of business because Owner's and CEO's mismanaged the company as a whole.
MC Sports was a great place to work
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  10239 Indianapolis Blvd. Highland, In 46322May 27, 2017
MC Sports was very family oriented and stressed that they sold fun. We had many jobs to do within a work day but the customer was always a number one priority. I learned to multitask well but to put all those tasks aside in order to devote 100% of my attention to the customer I was assisting. The management team was always on the same page and we worked together to make our store a fun place to work and shop. The hardest part of the job was making sure that all tasks were accomplished without sacrificing customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all of the parents and children coming in for their sports gear.
Pros
Lots of training on the different sports equipment that we carried, Had training several times a year.
Cons
Sometimes we got so busy that you didn't always get a lunch
Fun place to work
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIMay 26, 2017
Would still be working there if it hadn't closed down, fun place with great people to work for loved the atmosphere as we were all pretty much family and will continue to see my fellow managers and employees
Family oriented
Manager - Price Management/Communications/Graphics (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 24, 2017
Company filed bankrupt but was a great place to work. I spent 23 years working there and was respected and valued as an employee. Sorry to see it all come to an end.
Not great
Gun Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 23, 2017
Bad management and high prices. I guess that is why they went under. The only good thing about this place was the awesome coworkers the job seemed to attract. It was a good place if you needed to work around a busy schedule.
Pros
Good coworkers
mcsports
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMay 18, 2017
Being a Cashier / sales associate was my most favorite job, I enjoyed helping people. Working at Mc Sports our employees worked as a team, they were all very enjoyable to be around.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 16, 2017
Place that provides great product knowledge for their employers and well as a good work culture. Help you learn how to create good communication skills with employees and customers.
Fun environment to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 8, 2017
Very sporty environment. It was an enjoyable experience when interacting with customers daily. Great opportunities to move up, acquire new skills, and gained a good understanding of being in a management role.
Pros
Flexible. Health benefits. Ability to travel for work when needed.
Cons
Not a lot of time for breaks.
Going Out of Business
General Manager/Store Manager/Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Van Wert, OH 45891May 6, 2017
Was a good place to work. Company is now closing. Good atmosphere and friendly employees. Hours were not to bad except for open on most Holidays so cut into family time.
Fun Workplace with Nice People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIApril 13, 2017
A typical day at work involved merchandising and helping customers find what they were looking for. Occasional opportunity to sell a product to a customer. It was nice helping people find what they needed or if you suggested a product to someone and they took the time to come back to thank you and tell you it is working well for them.
they are closing the doors don't apply
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIApril 5, 2017
The entire company is closing due to filing bankruptcy. This review means nothing now and does not even matter. Only doing this to apply to new jobs. PS I don't want MC to close, however this was not my choice or my decision.
great atmosphere at times, fun job
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 4, 2017
Typical day at Mc Sports was assisting customers as well as managing projects needed done in the store. I learned how to manage other employees, how to be in charge and lead projects, as well as how to know how to handle conflict situations. The workplace culture was nice, some high volume times as well as down time. Hardest part of my job was trying to watch out for theft. Most enjoyable part of the job was designing the layouts for the clothes as well as interacting with customers.
Pros
enjoyed my job and the people
Cons
poor management
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHMarch 23, 2017
MC Sports is a great place to work, we have enthusiastic co-workers and getting to work and offer my sporting goods knowledge and help customers at the same time
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 28, 2017
Family oriented and good people to work with. Specializing in sports equipment for wide range of interest. Midwestern territory with 65 stores. Central warehouse in Grand Rapids
A very nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIFebruary 24, 2017
I would start by counting safe balance cash drawers assignment of tasks to be done for the day then I would check all of the emails from my district manager and corporate office and react to these then I would check on all federal paperwork from previous day ( firearms paper work) then check with employees to verify tasks where getting completed I also had to approve any exchanges or refunds
Pros
Employee discounts