Maritime services company is seeking an experienced marketing professional. This is a full time position based in New York, NY. Essential duties and responsibilities include the development of market research and sales information systems; development of pricing and pricing policies; assisting in development and implementation of sales strategies; implementation of the Quality and Safety Management System as it pertains to sales and marketing; assessment of marketing and sales efforts; consultation and conferencing with division and department managers on marketing and sales matters; maintenance of required corporate records; performance of special projects as requested by senior management.
- Oversee and coordinate the production of regular monthly or weekly sales reports to senior management, Sales Department, and the ports
- Develop specialized marketing data, research, and reports for the use of senior management
- Assist sales activities in the ports in which McAllister operates
- Provide information, advice, and assistance to senior management as required
- Initiate and participate in the setting of pricing policy for all areas of business
- Participate in setting realistic and achievable sales goals and objectives, both short term and long term
- Devise the strategies necessary to achieve corporate marketing and sales goals, including:
a. The means and measures necessary to identify trends, markets, and track the company’s progress in those areas
b.The preparation and presentation of reports framed to meet the needs of senior management and General Managers
- Conduct regular sales meetings attended by General Managers, Sales Department staff and senior management, record and distribute minutes of those meetings
- Monitor and manage the Customer Satisfaction Survey system as described in QSMS.
- Participate in the development of corporate quality goals to advance sales and marketing
Description of Duties:
- Manages the marketing effort by developing and implementing pricing policies, identifying new opportunities in existing and/or new lines of business, and monitoring competitors and changing conditions within the industry.
- Establishes, coordinates, implements and communicates strategies to strengthen existing business and increase market share.
- Establishes, coordinates, implements and communicates strategies to implement corporate quality goals, monitors progress towards those goals and takes corrective and preventive action to ensure those goals are achieved.
- Assists in establishing the terms and conditions of agreements with customers, communicating such terms to Senior Management, consulting with relevant operations and legal personnel, and supervising the formulation of tariffs in conjunction with the General Managers.
- Collaborates with and utilizes the McAllister Administrative Services Team (MAST) in order to conduct research and produce reports from the company’s database (HELM)
- Prepares Marketing and Sales Reports for Senior Management on a regular basis, detailing Company sales activities, market assessments, growth opportunities, competitor reports, etc...
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for education from a maritime college, or an equivalent degree in transportation management from another college or university, plus at least one year of formal education or training in marketing or sales.
- USCG deck or engineering license, preferably with a towing endorsement, preferred.
- At least 5 years experience in the towing or shipping industry.
- Proven, successful leadership, management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make insightful, convincing and compelling presentations to individuals and groups of any size in all manner of formal and informal settings.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of standard computer applications (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)