McCaa, Webster & Associates is accepting local candidates for the following contract opportunity. If you are interested, please forward your resume and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Job Title: Architect / Senior Java Developer
Location: St. Paul, MN
Duration: Long-term contract
Start date: ASAP
We are seeking a seasoned Architect / Senior Java Developer for a long-term contract opportunity. This position will be responsible for architecting and delivering successful Java-based solutions within the application development area.
- Advanced knowledge of the development life cycle including testing process and methods, variable programming fundamentals, conditional execution, data structures, compilation and debugging tools
- Advanced Java development skills with use of related technologies, concepts and products such as EJB 2.0/3.0, JMS, JSF, WebLogic and WebSphere MQ.
- Proven organizational, analytical, and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- 4 years technical work experience in a software development environment that required advanced Java-based programming on web or client/server applications, working independently and in a team-based environment.
- 2 year experience architectural design.
- 1 year of use cases and UML.
- Experience coordinating multiple software development efforts, resources, or teams.
- Experience working with relational databases (DB2 preferred).
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science; Engineering, Math or Business with an emphasis on Management Information Systems, or related technical field.
- Architect and prepare detailed specifications and documentation for program modifications and development of new Java applications.
- Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) experience.
- Programs, tests, debugs, implements, and maintenance of Java, client/server and web-based distributed applications and sites to meet the organization*s needs.
- Works with clients to research and define user requirements and understand their needs, address those needs, handle problems as they arise, and escalate issues as required.
- Develops, maintains, and improves critical internal and external production Java applications, based on need analysis using current development technologies.
- Formulates system scope and objectives.
- Formulates development schedules for assigned work.
- Deploys applications that meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Ensures all programming, design, production control, security, data validation and quality control standards are met.
- Manages data within relational databases as needed.
- Works at the highest technical level on all phases of Java-based applications and projects.
- Provides guidance and mentors development teams on changing marketplace through research and learning of current technologies and upgrades.
- Provides technical leadership to programming staff in the effectiveness of software application development.
- Coordinates the assignments of Java programming/ development staff.
- Works with team members, or independently, to resolve business and development issues.
- Implements, monitors and reports on individual timelines for each project.
- Directs and maintains communications with users to ensure that requirements are met during each phase of the development process.
- Performs Quality Assurance reviews of co-workers program code and program/project outputs as assigned.
- Prepares effective written and oral reports, and presentations as requested.
McCaa, Webster & Associates was established in 1994 to provide consumers of IT consulting services and IT consultants with a better way to serve their mutual interests. We've accomplished this by creating a consulting firm with a culture quite different from the traditional alternatives...family friendly hours and opportunities to lead and work on projects that create noticeable impact in our client's business environments. We offer other flexible benefits that appeal to motivated, talented IT professionals. With this philosophy, we have formed a focused, agile team of top IT experts. Today we are known as a premier IT consulting resource for healthcare, government, private and Fortune 1000 clients.
Indeed - 20 months ago