McDonald's

35.6K reviews

McDonald's Employee Reviews

Great for high school tennagers
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Sullivan, INAugust 1, 2015
Pros: discount on food
Cons: stressful
Great money, hardworking crew, and they work around your school hours. It gets very stressful at times but in the end it is a decent job.
It was okay working their.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Cross City, FLJuly 31, 2015
Fun employees, managers think highly of themselves, sames goes with some crew trainers. But overall great place to learn.
Working at McDonald's
Crew Member (Former Employee), Proctor, MNJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Great first job
At the location I worked at, I really enjoyed working for McDonald's. I know that's not the case with every store, but at the store I was employed at the managers were great. They were very understanding people, and held you to a high quality standard. I loved working here. It was great for a first job and an introduction to the working world.
fun work environment
crew (Current Employee), Wellsboro, PAJuly 31, 2015
Work on the grill and make sandwiches, manage the grill area and keep production going on my shift. Management is knowledgeable.
McDonalds
McDonalds Crew Trainer (Current Employee), Lavonia, GAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: the friends you make and the work experience
Cons: Short breaks, the healthcare, the GREASE, and some of the rules
McDonalds is a good place to start out at and to build yourself and to start building your work history. It's a great place to meet new people. Each day is different. You walk in and you don't know what that day is going to be like, it could be a fast steady crazy day or it could be a slow boring just stocking and cleaning day. You never know who you're gonna meet or whats going to happen. You have the awesome regulars that come in and you automatically know what they want and how they want it. You become friends with the regulars and even make friends with the customers that come in there for the first time. Some things I've learned from working is McDonald's is to never judge and to always be optimistic about situations. People thing it's easy working in fast food. Its not. TRUST ME. Sometimes customers do get a little rowdy and agitated but you have to stay calm because it's either you get loud with them and loose your job and nothing happens to them or you stay calm and make them look dumb for getting rowdy for no reason. You have to always be optimistic because just a smile could make a persons day. I have made so many close friends while working there. Making them smile is the best part of my job and the hardest part about my job is having to hold your tongue but in the end it is worth it. You may argue and disagree with your co-workers but at the end of the day you realize it's not worth it. You all become a family and you learn to work together, to help each other, and to look out for each other.
FUN WORKPLACE
Crew Member (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 31, 2015
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS THE SMILE ON OUR CUSTOMERS FACE AS THEIR EATING OUR FOOD THAT WE PREPARED FOR THEM. I LOVE HOW WE GOT 30 MINS BREAKS AND THERE FLEXIBLE WITH YOUR SCHEDULE
fun workpace
crew member (Former Employee), Tinley ParkJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: scheduling
Management would not change my availability after me asking multiple times. I absolutely loved my co-workers, we got along very well, I considered them family. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers. There wasn't really a hard part about the job.
Fast Pace Work
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
-Good for a first job but eventually you would want an advancement in your career. Management sometimes lose track of the environment.
great people great envirement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Norwood, MAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: none
i enjoy people im very out going like to meet different people
loved the bosses and employees
had no isseues id work there again
Very busy
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2015
the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers and remaining happy and calm. The most enjoyable part was satisfying customers.
Ups and Downs
Swing Manager (Current Employee), Dale City, VAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, interesting co-workers
Cons: understaffed, language barriers, no helath care benefits, management
A typical can be up or down: do to being understaffed, the shift manager not being around when you need them and not being able to communicate with everyone, but some of the customers and coworkers can make the day a little better by making you smile and being able to help out when you really need it.
Mcdonalds
Crew Member/ Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Checks
Cons: Short Breaks
At McDonald , I learned a lot of different things that is important for any job. You have to have patients and be polite to everybody to have a good day. I really never had no difficulties at my job, it was simple instructions. The most enjoyable part of my job was making a customer have a satisfied visit.
Productive and fun place with great people
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Russellvill, ARJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Free lunches.
Cons: rude boss, and short breakes
A typical day at work for the most part was fun, a little difficult but worth it in the end.
I learned that hard work does pay off, you get more things to look forward everyday and better job opportunities was available later on.
the managing was the fun part, you got to learn about so much more then what you did as a crew member.
the co-workers was the best part, to me, they made the day go by quicker, and you had to have a good team to make things run smooth.
the hardest part of the job was maybe accidently messing things up, or not knowing exactly what to do at the very moment.
the most enjoyable part was knowing you worked as hard as you could and got stuff done the right way and that the costumers was satisfied.
its work
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee), omaha,NeJuly 31, 2015
its a very demanding job customers are not always clam but you have to be and always smile even if your not feeling it.mangment is slow and dont train you to do the job right
Fast paced workplace with a positive attitude.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDJuly 31, 2015
Each day, I worked with my team to make good time with orders, provide quality food, be a positive person to work with, make sure there is enough items to be sufficient, provide a clean environment and have good communication skills for accurate orders.
its a good place. have good people.
First Maintenance Stocker (Current Employee), Orlando FloridaJuly 31, 2015
Every day I Check all McDonalds I clean, Count all product. Make List And order product. every Tuesday and Saturday I received the truck.
Fun workplace place with great advancement oppurtunities
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2015
McDonalds is a great place to work for anyone. It can be a first time job or a place where one might want to move up on the corporate ladder. The people, the crew and customers, are both wonderful to deal with on the day to day basis.
Productive and fun work place and very easy to handle.
Cashier (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Free lunches;
Cons: shoert breaks;
Coming in to work bright and early, making sure my station has everything i need and everything its in its order; Take incoming calls for take-out orders/Deliveries.
I love Ronald!
Manager of Learning & Development (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILJuly 31, 2015
McDonald's is a great place to work with an amazing brand history. The culture is very friendly and collaborative. In all, they care about their people.
Crazy experience
Cashier/Food Preparer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2015
Pros: great to get experience
Cons: horrible services they work you like slaves
It was my first job. The experience was crazy but it was a first. I wouldnt choose to work for them because of the low pay, no respect for employees, and bad customer service.
Headquarters