McDonald's
23,685 reviews

McDonald's Employer Reviews

I enjoyed my job
Cook/Maintenance (Former Employee), Thomasville, ALJuly 26, 2014
Pros: breaks were given on time
Cons: some co-workers didn't take the job serious which made things harder for others
When you have a good team working with you the job functions are simple and easy. I liked my co-workers. My boss was nice.
Hard work, dealing with customers/managers for only a few hours and sucky pay
Crew Member (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: half off food?
Cons: short breaks, no healthcare, cuts hours, no compensation
On average, the work flow is pretty abnormal. People get hungry at any time of the day so you can never truly predict how the day will go. Oh not to mention, there is always that one customer who isn't happy with anything you do. In general I love my coworkers but every manager i have encountered so far has about 10,000 issues that affects the company – more... whether the issue is personal or just work ethics. – less
productive job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Wailuku, HIJuly 26, 2014
Pros: free luncehs
Cons: short half hour breaks
Everyday i always looked forward to learning new things, meeting new people, and making new friends. working at McDonalds, i learned a lot of great customer service. i never was a manager, but i always got long with my customers and co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job was always closing. we'd bast music and sweap and mop the floors just singing – more... and dancing and laughing but we always got our job done. – less
not bad
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: not too demanding, has allowed me to do lots of other things outside of work without being stressed about my job
Cons: often no health options are offered.
If you like fast paced environment and working with people, then you might like this. Granted, it is fast food, but I thoroughly enjoy most days as my job here.
challenging
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Bridgman, MIJuly 26, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, reduced price on food
Cons: benefits, moving up
this job teaches you to interact with others; every day is different; the most difficult part is dealing with some of the customers and meeting some of the job requirements (e.g. speed); the most enjoyable is the constant change, getting to know the "regulars", and learning to work as a team.
Great Workplace
Cook (Former Employee), Thomson, GAJuly 26, 2014
I loved everything about the workplace.
A typical day at work is unloading trucks and stocking shelves.
The people are very friendly, and well mannered.
The hardest part of the job is moving heavy furniture.
The most enjoyable part of working there was interacting with customers.
Wonderful
Overnight Manager (Current Employee), Massena, NYJuly 26, 2014
Wonderful place to work, only problem is the distance from home and lack of sleep.
i worked hard, always alot of customers, and i liked all my mangers/co-workers.
Kitchen Crew Member (Former Employee), Lucedale, MSJuly 26, 2014
overall great job to have, good amount of hours, only complaint was bi weekly pay.
Okay place to learn and grow
Department Manager (Current Employee), Flushing, NYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no job benefits
This is a great organization, it's helpful when developing it's people, training and learning in this environment have taught me all skills to running a multi billion dollar company.
Would Never recommend working there
Cashier (Former Employee), 2535 Watt Ave, Sacramento CaJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 50% off on food, free soda
Cons: no benefits, favoritism, little advancement opportunity, turnover rate
There seems to new people in place of the old every month. VERY high turnover rate. Management is clueless in how to manage a business properly.
was okay
Crew Trainer/Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
working a 9-5,learning new equpiment, getting along with others, there wasn't anything i couldn't do enojoed helping others
Stepping stone
General Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CaJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free food for employees
Cons: very high turn over rate
Due to Mc Donalds turn over rate it was very hard to advance myself with this company. I was able to perfect my skills in training due to constantly hiring new employees. They are very flexible with the schedule and understanding of personal life. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work feeling at home.
fast food
Initiator (Former Employee), Waldron, ARJuly 25, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
easy out going job, fun environment to work.
working in fast pace when busy.
Great atmosphere that allows for growth and advancement.
Swing Manager, Crew Chief, Crew Trainer, Crew (Current Employee), Litchfield, ILJuly 25, 2014
Was able to develop multitasking skills and hone my leadership ability.
Lack of Advancement
Manager (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: lack of advancement
a day's work consists of hard labor, from opening hour until closing. i have learned how to use many different computer softwares. Top management counting only store manager, lacks knowledge.
Not a good working environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: i learned alot.
Cons: managers are unprofessional
This Job is a okay first start . but very unprofessional managers and team members they really don't train as they are suppose to i learned a lot on my own. They have managers talking down on the new workers just not what i expected to experience as a first job.
enjoyed working with customers especially the return customers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: no benefits
Fast paced and enjoyed work with my co-workers. Did not like having to work outside.
oppurtunity for self growth
Crew Member (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZJuly 25, 2014
on mondays and fridays i unload truck, the rest of my time is spent cooking.
nice work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 25, 2014
What i can say bout mcdonald's is that when it comes to training the employes they good with that they dont leave your side till you know what you doin. I learned how to do front counter first i learned wat to press and how to get back and forth from the breakfast menu and the lunch menu. Management was good the only thing i would say is that they get – more... in people face they can't do that cause they don't know how people will react to that. coworkers was nice people didn't get to arguments they got things done and good team work. Making the sandwiches specially when you get new sandwiches in the middle of the day but it had to be a pace cause they time you on making sandwiches. Making the sandwiches was they best part of my job and getting paid. – less
didnt really like working there but i made friends then i started liking the job place.
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 25, 2014
i know this not apropiate to the review of the matter the i am filling out this information to get a work but i had fun at the place i would call it a a party work place.

1 2 3 4 5

About McDonald's

McDonald's®...Is one of the leading global foodservice retailers with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving 52 million – Read more