McDonald's Employee Reviews

Found 30,382 reviews matching the search
fun while it lasted
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Its a good first job. For the most part the scheduling is flexible. I did enjoy my time there until this recent year. The new management and supervisors aren't the best but i guess it happens everywhere.
Pros
flexible, starting point on customer service, free food, company BBQs
Cons
some management is bad and ask for too much compared to the pay.
excellent traing program with on the job training
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Berlin, VTFebruary 8, 2016
Productive and fast paced workplace. Fun yet demanding. As a manager I supervised up to 60 employees. Prepared daily schedules for both crew and management team. responsible for day to day activities as well as maintaining budget and food cost. I very much enjoyed the training program which include hiring and training new employees.
Pros
excellent benefits, excellent on the job training
Cons
long hours, short breaks
N/a
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Good customer service skills are integral to the way we do things at McDonald's. A crew member will be expected to provide customers with a quick and accurate service and show sensitivity to their individual needs, both from behind the till as well as in the dining areas. Food Preparation and cooking the wide variety of food we offer involves using a broad range of equipment and tools. They need to produce orders to a consistently high standard and understand that quality control is vital. Cleanliness and Hygiene requires thorough training in order to maintain our high standards. Before they start, they learn to use a variety of cleaning utensils and chemical cleaning products along with the correct protective equipment.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
making food
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 8, 2016
love mcdonalds easy work i work hard but its easy fast pace simple pay but you get rewarded you get a raise 3 months of being there
fun crew
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Arcata, CAFebruary 8, 2016
the typical day consists of keeping pace and staying busy dont stand around gotta stay working
i learned how to manage and grow as a person cause of this company
n/a
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2016
it was fine, people were fine, I would go back to work there if they paid more. hours were not good though. wish i didn't have to review every single place i worked.
The money is great for all the abuse
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Co-workers are great once you get to know everyone, the money is great even though you are abused constantly from pulling too many hours. The shift managers are okay, and the general manager doesn't really pay any mind to you or your needs. My general manager only saw that I was of age to work late. I only ever closed 3 or 4 to 1 am. And if she though I was making too much money or I had too many hours, for example if she would schedule me for 4 to 12 and I got at 1 because we close at 12 and you have clean everything up so you get out at 1, she would take that hour away.Their are so many cons but the co-workers made it all worth while and the check I got each week made it even more bearable.
Pros
Money
Cons
Too much to fit.
A workplace full of discouragment
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 8, 2016
I like McDonalds so at first i enjoyed working there. But, of course you see how people are the more you work around them. After a while i disliked i noticed i wasnt trained properly, and i still get discouraged for not knowing what they already know
Pros
Discounts for your food
Cons
Not too many positive people
Terrible
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 8, 2016
I wouldnt ever work here again its nasty the people are terrible and the company doesn't care about anything it seems run away and never come back the money isnt worth it
Highly charged tension work atmosphere
Crew Member/Cook/Mornings (Former Employee) –  Wolf Point, MTFebruary 8, 2016
Boss / Owner was not cable of keeping track of what's going on. But expected the employees too. This created a very tense and stressful work atmosphere. When boss/owner present mistakes were made more often and tempers flared. When boss/owner gone work flowed more smoothly there were less mistakes and employees worked better with one another.
Cons
One ten minute break per shift.
Safe environment with a good learning atmoshpere
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIFebruary 8, 2016
I learned to be quick & precise. I was friends with all my managers & co-workers. Overall it was a good environment. In a normal day I would be in the kitchen but also moving all around wherever someone was needed.
Pros
Everyone worked together as a team
Cons
Alwyas fast pace, had to be constantly improving
Great teamwork
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILFebruary 8, 2016
I love how McDonald's is great with teamwork, worked around your school schedule, and is understanding in every situation.
Pros
free lunches, breaks on time, team work
Cons
machines not functioning for customers
It was alright....I guess
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mauston, WIFebruary 8, 2016
I enjoyed working with certain people, but the management left a lot to be desired. They never helped with anything, all they did was stand around and complain how they weren't getting to go off and do their own thing . This corporation is awful at working with people on their schedules and doesn't hold to their end when someone asks for a day off weeks in advance and it gets approved.
Its an ok place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTFebruary 8, 2016
I love to work. If your a hard worker you get more hours.
I do everything that is needed to be done in the back so the work day is efficient.
Pros
good hours
Cons
management some of them
Alright
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2016
Guaranteed hours that is about it, nothing good out of it. always got hours and overtime, underpaid job for all the things you are doing.
Pros
Hours
Cons
unstable work schedule
Not very good working enviornment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Belen, NMFebruary 8, 2016
The managers only seem to care about their advancement in the company one day i ended up in the hospital because i was having trouble breathing but when i told my manager she only seemed to care about how it would effect her
I met my best friends
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYFebruary 8, 2016
I built a repore with people who will forever be in my life. Im sad i had to stop working here do to moving. i liked all the staff.
Pros
free lunches, close to home
Cons
responsibilities werent split evenly
Poor hours and little to no benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 8, 2016
I limited my hours to 40/week due to college and ended up working 45-50 with them keeping me over my clock-out time, without breaks.
Pros
Half off employee meals
Cons
Poor hours
Great work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Zapata, TXFebruary 8, 2016
This was the first job I've ever had and the skills i learned here will and can be applied to any job. Management is understanding and will do anything to help you.
Great for young teen
crew trainer within 1 (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50309February 8, 2016
Great job work for the young teen to learn what it is to work and have a great work ethic on what it is to work in a fast pace environment, learned how to deal with customer and stressful one as well the management was great. The team members were great even tho they were just coming into the job market .
Pros
good first job
Cons
will come home in greasy