McDonald's

36.6K reviews

McDonald's Employee Reviews

McDonalds
Crew Member (Current Employee), La Quinta, CASeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: Things might feel the same each day
A good place to start a job for those who have not had a job yet. Fun coworkers and a very well managers that work around keeping things organized and helping when in need. Great place to start gaining job experience.
Short staff and very fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, discounts.
Cons: short breaks, short staff
Clock in, great customers and take orders. Making sure work area is stocked and stock others work area. multi-tasking and moving around a lot. Getting to know how to help on the grill while bagging food.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, Flexible hours, friendly co-workers.
Cons: Poor management, unfavorable location.
I was employed at Mcdonald's while i went to school, they worked around my schedule so I was very rarely late to work. I learned the effect that good customer service and a positive attitude can have on a customer's visit. I can't complain about my co-workers, they were all kind and hardworking. The hardest part of the job was working while we were understaffed for the day which, unfortunately, happened a little too often.
good company to work for
Crew (Former Employee), Westlake, OHAugust 31, 2015
good company to work for. The free meal for a four hour shift is a good deal. The profit sharing and 401k are good. I liked that they supplied uniforms.
Very Unprofessional
Customer Service (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Very busy and Managers always sitting down. The most enjoyable moment was before people liked to bring drama to a professional environment.
It was a great place for someone like me to work
McDonalds Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Northwood, OHAugust 31, 2015
Pros: free lunches plus I loved everyone there
Cons: moody managers
I really enjoyed working here because I love working for people. I had made alot of friends there with other employees an the customers. I would have to say so far that was my favorite job. I really looked forward to going to work every day when I worked there.
fun work place.
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), DuBois, PAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: free lunch!
Cons: semi short breaks.
I ABSOLUTELY loved my job at McDonald's. I can't tell you how much I love it! They don't pay great. But I made the best of frienda at McDonald's. The managers are fabulous. They help when they can. And they know what there doing.!
Interesting place to work
Cashier/ Crew multiple locations (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAAugust 31, 2015
A typical day involved ringing up customers and main ting order and cleanliness of the store. I learned how to work hard and work as a team player. The management was good supported and trained their staff well. My co workers often were young but they worked hard. The hardest part of my job was juggling all of the necessary tasks when busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and getting to know co workers and customers.
hard day at work but overall great fast pace environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: paymet, breaks, millins things to do while woking
Cons: shorts hours and days to work due to over employment
good fast paced place to work but you can't break under pressure. the managers could be better as well as the cleaning being done
What i learned
cashier (Former Employee), Statesville ncAugust 31, 2015
Pros: love the customers
I learned how to take orders and with customers and i learned how to use a cash register and balanced cash register at the end of my shift.
Busy environment
Crew Trainer/Crew Member (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOAugust 31, 2015
I was pretty much in every station of the restaurant on a typical day. I helped train as well. I also cleaned as much as possible and really enjoyed all of the customers.
they are very rude to the customers and employees
Crew (Former Employee), Joplin, MOAugust 31, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: bad hours, rude people, food wrong always
they are very rude to the customers and employees and they do not get any of the food right. they do not give the employees that know the job many hours
Horrible
Manager (Former Employee), Mason, MIAugust 31, 2015
McDonald's was a joke of a place to work. People were rude, management didn't care. Very little pay for a lot of work. I hated the hours as well. No break and working 15 hours at times.
Nothing to say
Customer service (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSAugust 31, 2015
I don't have anything I want to say about this job. It had its perks, but there is no way to put my feelings of the job into this small box.
Fun Workplace
Crew-member (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 31, 2015
McDonalds was a on and off busy environment. More of a teenage job. Would recommend to high school students and/or college students
Fun and Productive Job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Dover, OHAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Was able to wear t-shirts
Cons: Didn't work with my school schedule
I enjoyed running the drive-thru and opening the store, even though the hours were very early in the morning, it was overall a great place to work for.
On m
Maintenace Technician (Former Employee), Oak Grove, KYAugust 31, 2015
Maintained operational standards of facility equipment. Went to work 0545am til 12pm. If anything was unoperational I was the first line to fix the equipment. Cleaned all the hard jobs such the roof, light fixtures, grill, fryers, bathrooms and etc.
Product production with a smile
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great Management
Cons: Short hours
A typical day would be counting inventory, counting safe and drawers, position chart, food prep and food safety.
I learned how to be a manager.
Management was lovely, I really liked my crew.
My co-workers were awesome and really loved to work.
The hardest part of my job was leaving my shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work.
Fast speed resturant but also very friendly and good quality on food, and great place to see kids smile.
Manager (Current Employee), San AntonioAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Fun environment and supportive crew.
Cons: Not a great pay, and management team.
As a manager my typical day at work was managing the team get them to work as a team and provide the fast, clean, and fresh quality to the customers. I also skim the registers, made my deposits, and take them to the bank. I did learn a lot I went their as a crew and move up as a manager. So I did learn a lot with the counting money, doing interviews, counting waste, and just to manage employees to work together as a team. The hardest part for me was to get the employees to work together and get along the fact that I was younger than them ,but I kept trying and should them respect and to understand that I wasn't here to take their job, but only trying to help the restaurant out. I got to say I did like my job and enjoy working at a place where I saw kids smiles and making parents happy with their service.
Fun but to much drama
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), St. Thomas Virgin IslandsAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and great employees
Cons: Drama and unfair managers
At this job started out as a cashier, but growing with the company, employees, and customers I've been promoted as crew trainer. A crew trainer is a little similar to being a supervisor if the managers for the store is busy we would have to take over and keep control of floor. I also train all current and future employees, I enjoyed this job I was even recommend as employee of the month. My managers and everyone loved and enjoyed my presence they told me that I was being promoted to manager but I was deciding to leave to moved to Orlando to soon everyone was sad but I had personal reasons. I still plan on giving the same help and eager to the next job I get.
Headquarters