McDonald's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 34,603 reviews matching the search
It was amazing.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAMay 29, 2016
The job was easy, we had a lot of business being on the Highway, but other than that, the managers treated everyone like family, and the people there were good to each other.
Pros
Free Crew Meal. Good Management, Flexible Hours.
Cons
Location on the Highway.
Terrible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  1611 E Main streetMay 29, 2016
I absolutely hated it here. Management was high on marijuana most of the day. Im asthmatic and going in and nearly having an asthma attack nearly everyday was terrible. the staff was generally really rude and hateful towards one another. The owner was just a really rude hateful person who treated his staff like garbage.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management was smoking marijuana most of the time and just terrible staff
mcdonalds
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Greenbrier, ARMay 29, 2016
It depends on who's in charge, who's working, and the customer flow to determine how the day is going to be.The heat is the worst part.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
productive and fast paced work environment, poor management and leadership.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMay 29, 2016
Although the team members i worked with made the job a fun and exciting daily occurrence, the management was very poor as in there was little to no communication between managers crew trainers and crew members as well as i never got fully paid for my work week, which is a common problem throughout McDonalds.
Pros
free meals
Cons
not fully paid for work
Okay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMay 28, 2016
This place does not have bag management, but the place is always so busy and crowded. You get yelled at by customers a lot because people work too slow.
Fun work place
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHMay 28, 2016
Learning how to make the food and being able to made the customers happy with their orders. Learning how to be a manager and making a shift run great.
Pros
getting free meals at work
Difficult place to work - Rockport, TX
Did everything (Former Employee) –  Rockport, TXMay 28, 2016
It's nice that they offer people a chance to get back on their feet after making some bad choices in life; however, it is a difficult place to work. Worked 9 hour shifts without a break. No 15 minute breaks or lunch break offered. Typically short staffed due to high turn over. Not allowed to leave until next shift arrives (even if they are over an hour late) so cannot count on exact schedule. Everyone does everything (wash dishes, cook, front register, window). Difficult to get the grease off of the pans. No gloves or apron to protect hands or clothing while washing dishes. Water accumulates under sink so you stand in stale water while washing dishes. Not allowed or offered food to eat that is going in the trash in order to make fresh batches. That's very hard to watch happen when you are hungry and can't afford to buy food. Very fast paced environment.
Pros
Will give you a chance when other companies won't.
Cons
No breaks, not a positive work environment.
A very productive workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Gary, INMay 28, 2016
Working here had its up and downs, but this job this teach me how to work at a fast pace. This place had a mixture of friendly and not so friendly co-workers, as well as management.
good job not so good people
Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMay 28, 2016
the crew members were great and did alot of work but alot of the managers wouldnt do anything. i went from first day as crew to asst manager in 3 weeks and from asst manager to 1st asst manager the next week.
Pros
free meals for managers
Cons
management team didnt do much
Ok Enviorment to work in but not treated well
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  North Windham, MEMay 28, 2016
Working at McDonalds Was nice learning experience but it did not allow me to use my skills to the full potential. A typical day incuded arriving to work getting a free small water and putting on a apron and working on the grill. The hardest part of my job was getting burns on my arms and not passing out from the heat of the grill. I learned that i am a good team worker and can come to solutions when co workers have problems. I also learned that i am ready to step up to the plate when required to.
Pros
Discounted Luch
Cons
Hot, Rude Management
Stressful, cold work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILMay 28, 2016
I have nothing good to say about this company. The only thing I learned about this place was unprofessional-ism and hatred.
Cons
High energy workplace full on other crew assisting customers with the best possible customer service
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 28, 2016
When I arrive at work I go in and tell all of my employees "hello". I check for any messages in our back office computer. I will address any issues in my messages. After that I will do a walk thru to see how the store is operating that day. As I am walking around I will talk to our regular customers and make sure they are doing good. I will help customers and Crew with anything that may happen. Once a week I will do a food inventory, once a month I will do the food and paper inventory. the rest of my day I help customers. I also count our deposits, and tills.
Pros
Great Customers, Nice boss
Cons
I am as far up as I will be able to go, I always want to further myself in any job.
Poor management