McDonald's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 35,498 reviews matching the search
Productive and great enviroment of people who care and work in a friendly envivroment.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2016
Its a very busy environment , a lot of customers. I've learned patience and how to work as a team dealing with a lot of different personalities. Also being a leader and taking over in situations necessary. Management is good , but just like any job you get that one or two supervisor's who come in to work with a bad attitude but you just got to push through and give them respect because they are your boss. The hardest part of the job is when you get a bad customer in and they are yelling at you making demands, you have to learn how to swallow your pride and just represent the motto of your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping another person seeing the smile on there face and receiving that paycheck at the end of the week from all that hard work you put in, to take care of you and your family!
Pros
Free Lunch for emplyee and raises
Cons
Healthcare
Worked here a long time and loved it.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLApril 6, 2016
I worked here almost 5 years and I loved it.

Assigned and delegated tasks using time management and critical thinking to team members who were able to execute the abilities with the correct knowledge; Evaluated delegated or assigned tasks throughout the shift and provided feedback; Interacted with customers with complaints or problems and resolved them; Performed opening and closing routines such as organizing, stocking, and counting inventory.

My managers always worked with my schedule and they always praised my hard work. I moved stores when they asked me to and they always made sure I was happy and encouraged me to keep up the good work.
Tense work environment, poor management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAApril 3, 2016
Working at McDonald's for four years was a stressful time. Pros: I worked with people my age, I gained a lot of knowledge in the food industry,and I learned how to work in a fast paced and stressful environment. Cons: Not well respected by management, worked there for four years and over that time I was working in a corporate McDonald's and would only receive 10 cent raises every 6 months. The opportunity to move up was never given to me. Left work everyday feeling exhausted and stressed out.
Pros
Free lunches, worked with people my age
Cons
Unpaid breaks, stressful work environment
Not a bad paying job but the management needs serious help.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAApril 6, 2016
I've worked for the same McDonald's for 3 years. Adventureland Drive, in Altoona, Iowa. Working there as a high school student was perfect. Only need paychecks for gas, and other wants. But, they're really not good at raises when worked for, or bumping up the crew member to high positions. 3 years there and was only crew, and never offered much higher, working part time with full time hours and being one of the hardest working people there.

Their management needs some serious help and training. Most of the managers there weren't trying to be a boss, but a friend. Which is definitely a plus because then they're easier to talk to. But, when they will stand in the parking lot with crew not on the clock, just to hang out; leaving all the other employees inside to work while missing four or five workers to the hang out in the parking lot.

I would recommend McDonald's to people looking for work inside school, or just for extra cash flow. But you have to be able to deal with a lot of things not signed up for.
Pros
50% off meals while working, half hour breaks.
Cons
not paid breaks, unfair hours
Has great potential but still needs work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDFebruary 6, 2016
McDonald's is a great company that values their workers. The management isn't always good but they still do their best everyday. McDonald's also offered multiple opportunities for promotions and advancements in employees careers. Usually it is the customers that turn good workers into bad customer servers but too often people who do not meet the McDonald's standards are hired. My McDonald's had many employees going in and out of the business every couple of weeks. This store in particular also had 4 different store managers during my time there. I do feel like the general managers care about their employees more than corporate does because a store manager who had worked for McDonald's for 16 years was fired completely because he was unable to raise the sales of an already dying restaurant. I just feel like McDonald's needs to pay more attention to detail when hiring and caring for it's employees.
Fun Work Enviroment
Crew Trainer/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hebron, INFebruary 23, 2016
Very long hours, low pay and no benefits. Its a great job for high school kids. would not recommend as a career.

In my experience working there I would advise everyone to be aware of the risks working at a McDonalds. you will experience long days, rude costumers, and being burned on a daily bases.

on the bright side good first job, friendly employees/management, and free/discounted meals.
Pros
free lunch. fun people. good starter job