McDonald's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 36,212 reviews matching the search
Worked here a long time and loved it.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLApril 6, 2016
I worked here almost 5 years and I loved it.

Assigned and delegated tasks using time management and critical thinking to team members who were able to execute the abilities with the correct knowledge; Evaluated delegated or assigned tasks throughout the shift and provided feedback; Interacted with customers with complaints or problems and resolved them; Performed opening and closing routines such as organizing, stocking, and counting inventory.

My managers always worked with my schedule and they always praised my hard work. I moved stores when they asked me to and they always made sure I was happy and encouraged me to keep up the good work.
Productive and great enviroment of people who care and work in a friendly envivroment.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2016
Its a very busy environment , a lot of customers. I've learned patience and how to work as a team dealing with a lot of different personalities. Also being a leader and taking over in situations necessary. Management is good , but just like any job you get that one or two supervisor's who come in to work with a bad attitude but you just got to push through and give them respect because they are your boss. The hardest part of the job is when you get a bad customer in and they are yelling at you making demands, you have to learn how to swallow your pride and just represent the motto of your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping another person seeing the smile on there face and receiving that paycheck at the end of the week from all that hard work you put in, to take care of you and your family!
Pros
Free Lunch for emplyee and raises
Cons
Healthcare
Fun & Fast Paced Workplace
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 25, 2016
A typical day at work was taking orders and money and handing out food. Being that it was my first job I learned a lot about the different types of people and attitudes I would deal with in life, which taught me to be a more patient understanding person. Management and my coworkers were a little rocky because I felt as though they could not separate business from personal. I feel as though while at work your focus should be on the work. That was the hardest part of the job for me, trying to keep my personal life away from work when everyone around me was making that a bit difficult, The most enjoyable part, though, was actually meeting our goals.
Pros
free lunch, reasonable break time, flexible hours, decent amount of hours
Cons
no benefits, management
Tense work environment, poor management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAApril 3, 2016
Working at McDonald's for four years was a stressful time. Pros: I worked with people my age, I gained a lot of knowledge in the food industry,and I learned how to work in a fast paced and stressful environment. Cons: Not well respected by management, worked there for four years and over that time I was working in a corporate McDonald's and would only receive 10 cent raises every 6 months. The opportunity to move up was never given to me. Left work everyday feeling exhausted and stressed out.
Pros
Free lunches, worked with people my age
Cons
Unpaid breaks, stressful work environment
Not a bad paying job but the management needs serious help.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAApril 6, 2016
I've worked for the same McDonald's for 3 years. Adventureland Drive, in Altoona, Iowa. Working there as a high school student was perfect. Only need paychecks for gas, and other wants. But, they're really not good at raises when worked for, or bumping up the crew member to high positions. 3 years there and was only crew, and never offered much higher, working part time with full time hours and being one of the hardest working people there.

Their management needs some serious help and training. Most of the managers there weren't trying to be a boss, but a friend. Which is definitely a plus because then they're easier to talk to. But, when they will stand in the parking lot with crew not on the clock, just to hang out; leaving all the other employees inside to work while missing four or five workers to the hang out in the parking lot.

I would recommend McDonald's to people looking for work inside school, or just for extra cash flow. But you have to be able to deal with a lot of things not signed up for.