McDonald's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 33,869 reviews matching the search
great place to start out.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXApril 27, 2016
Over the years i worked there i worked hard and the more i worked the higher position i reveived. The hardest part of the job was mainly working early in the mornings and the easiest part of the job i would say is meeting new people and learning new things. The only negative thing i would really say about working there is i don't agree with the compensation i received.
Pros
learned management skills
Cons
compensation
Good starter job
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MOApril 27, 2016
It was nice to receive training here in all aspects of the company, I was trained to be able to train new hires, and perform in all basic duties of the kitchen and customer service.
A pretty alright place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 27, 2016
I was a closer took orders cleaned the lobby everybody was a good worker and it just didn't seem like the job for me I flipped burgers and made fries also
Pros
Cons
Bad pay very short breaks
the worst place ever
Crew (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 27, 2016
the mangers were rude and very disrespectful
they dont care about there employees and the mangers were lazy they forget to give you a break but edits your time card so that it looks like u took a break
Pros
discount
Cons
no bennifits
Working at McDonalds
Crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 27, 2016
Working at McDonalds on a typical day I would train a new employee if theres anyone new, and I also worked the cash register and window.
co workers were out going
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 27, 2016
co workers were out going and fun, management don't care much about the employees a lot of favoring ones they like most, average day of work would be okay easy work if your in high school and trying to pay for gas and a phone bill.
Pros
easy work, easy going enviroment. co workers became like family.
Cons
health care not affordable with the wages, no free meal, no meal plan, no benifits, no vacation
McDonald's
Sales, Customer service (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLApril 27, 2016
Great job for young teenagers that want a head start or young adults wanting to jumpstart in the food industry and retail industry
Pros
Benefits such as educational benefits
Cons
Managment
productive and busy work place
Crew Trainer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Laureldale, PAApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work for me was always busy and counting drawers at the end of my shift and making sure the crew was always busy. The management was great there was never a downfall. All of the co-workers always got along and worked well together. The most enjoyable part was getting along with everybody and working well together.
Pros
50 percent off any meals for lunch
Cons
no health benefits
Working
crew member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2016
It was a fun job it was my first job I worked at. It is good when you are a teen helps you learn things. I worked with many of great people.
Busy workplace with a lot of work to do
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work was busy there was always something to do. Working here I learned how to multi-task, maintain a clean working environment, how to use proper customer service, dress professionally and conduct a positive attitude at all times. The management was very poor and my co-workers tended to have a lot of conflicts the hardest part of the job was to maintain a calm attitude while working in that type of environment, the most enjoyable part was trying new things and getting to know some great people.
Pros
Free meal, discounts
Cons
Sometimes no break, favoritism
Enjoyable job and great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALApril 27, 2016
Most days were good. Co-workers was the best and the job was very easy. I learned a lot about customer service that will help me in the future
It's always fun.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 27, 2016
If you like a fast paced work environment then McDonald's is a great to work for.The co-Workers are to be trained under. Plus the managers are always willing to answer your questions If you don't know something.
Cons
No Cons at all
casher
Cashier, cook, overnight stocker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2016
it was a good job and a fast pace environment good people. just looking for something better and I can grow with. and stay wiyh for a long time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Good place to start
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Circle Pines, MNApril 27, 2016
Teamwork is an important part of working at McDonald's. Occasionally, I would be left alone in the kitchen and I would panic a little as not enough people are working.
Pros
50% off meals while working
Cons
No other benefits
Okay place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 27, 2016
McDonald's is a good place for a first job. They don't have very many benefits and once they find the place your best at your always there and you never work in a different section again. Which burns you out on it very quickly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no job rotation