McDonald's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 33,869 reviews matching the search
Good eviroment
Crew (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCApril 27, 2016
The people I worked with were nice and very enjoyable. Management was a little rocky at times but we had a major management change while I was working there. Food was easy enough to make and easy enough to learn to do.
Pros
Cheap meals, fun people, good hours
Cons
Managment, cleaning bathrooms
A day at micky deez
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 27, 2016
Great place of business. had a lot of fun working for this company.co-workers are often times friendly, easy to get along with customers are friendly and lovely. fast paced fun food great people.
Pros
Free lunches at most
Cons
A great place to work to learn patience and hard work ethic
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 27, 2016
I love working with and meeting new people everyday and knowing that the smile on our faces and a friendly hello can and has changed a persons day.
Pros
work environment
Cons
crazy hours and big turnover
internet
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lane, SCApril 26, 2016
it is fun to work with the crew member and managers and customers and lot of idea and helpful people around the restaurent introducing new ideas
Pros
transportation
Cons
health card
Busy work day filled with meeting new people
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Fountain, CO 80817April 26, 2016
On an average day I meet over 100's of new people. I work with an amazing crew and I am always learning something new. I have met people from China to Wisconsin. I have learned a lot of people skills and how to work under pressure. Ive learned how to deal with hard situations and how to correct them. The hardest part of the job is getting everything organized. With constant motion and people going in and out it can be difficult to maintain the cleanliness of the building. The best part about my job is seeing my co-workers and the regular customers every day.
Fun Workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bonaire, GAApril 26, 2016
I loved working here. I enjoyed coming to work everyday interacting with the customers and seeing my fellow employees.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALApril 26, 2016
Learned to make the team work harder and expect results, also how to scheduled for performance and to protect the labor, also how to select good employees for the job
Pros
Great Team
Cons
better incentives
Good work/life balance
Developer (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 26, 2016
I was a contractor at McD. The full-time employees seemed to enjoy their jobs. The work/life balance was exceptional. Bear in mind, my experience is from over five years ago.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Definite segregation between full-time and contracts
Terrible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 26, 2016
Worst job I ever had. The people I worked with was nice but the management was terrible and tried to take my free time away from me. I sometimes would work till late only to come back at 6AM the very next morning. Store manager would constantly yell at everyone and acted like a dictator instead of a leader.
boring
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCApril 26, 2016
never could plan a family event (wedding, funeral, birthday) due to subordinate needs in their life. Training was spurratic and incomplete. Never worked one on one with training mgr.
fast-paced workplace
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILApril 26, 2016
They are good at training you, but once they see you're good at one position, you're stuck there for a while. first shift is the best, third shift is fun too. management could have been a bit better. Lots of hours and overtime even as a crew member.
Pros
hours, free lunches
Cons
management
Great beginning job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLApril 26, 2016
McDonald's was my first job which I started at the age of 19. I learned pretty much every job they had there except maintenance of the larger machines. I enjoyed my coworkers and only one of the managers didn't really like me. McDonald's is the perfect place to work for your first job.
Busy, a lot to get done, which is always nice.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 26, 2016
My typical day consisted of nothing but customer service in one way or another. I am great with people, and I take pride in this, therefor i enjoyed the work aspect. Pay, maybe not so much. You have to start somewhere though, and there's no doubt that i was very grateful.
Pros
Easy going management and fellow staff in General.
Cons
Unpredictable Hours and expectations.
benefits and compensations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 26, 2016
Great health benefits, great compensations, vacation, paid holidays, PTO, 401K, stock purchase plans, great career advancement opportunites
Pros
career opportunities
Cons
low pay and dirty environment
nice job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 26, 2016
Energy Level, Dependability, Productivity, Customer Service, Professionalism, Attention to Detail, Customer Focus, General Math Skills, Informing Others, Basic Safety, Job Knowledge
Productive Fun. Great first job
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIApril 26, 2016
Not a career. Just a good job to get through college. Worked around schedule. Made me work the job of three or more people by myself.
It was okay
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COApril 26, 2016
This was my first job and i believe that it gave me a harsh look at what jobs are. The coworkers were kind, but the management was very... displeasing. This job put a strain on my mental state from the constant poor treatment. They treated me like dirt just because they were higher up on the scale. People moved up too quickly and that caused management to be very childish in the way that they treated their workers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unfair pay, poor management
Love this job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 26, 2016
I love working with people, I enjoy making people . Happy. Making the schedule. Making sure that my place is clean at all times.
Pros
MANAGING
Cons
HEALTHCARE
Worst place to Work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayette, MOApril 26, 2016
When I first started working at McDonalds I didn't think it was that bad. But as I started getting promotions I noticed that the other managers were very immature. Constantly starting gossip like it was a High School environment. Very unprofessional. Nothing was ever confidential. There are little to no benefits. Employees are constantly mistreated. It seemed as if the people who worked hard were never noticed or appreciated and the ones who slacked off and did a good job one day out of the week got more praise. Leaving Mcdonalds I only made 9.20 an hour where as other employees who werent even managers were making almost the same amount as me even though they had less experience. When I was promoted to a manager there was another person who was promoted with me and after i left i found out that she was making 11 an hour. I really hated this job and I dont know why I didn't leave sooner. I have not been more happy since I left.
Pros
Free Meals for managers, 30 minute breaks
Cons
understaffed, constantly struggling to meet standards, rude or childish coworkers, unfair difference in wages
Ok to start not very friendly
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sun Lakes, AZApril 26, 2016
Some of the kids working there were good but the adults were very inconsiderate and unfriendly and not very well to work with. Could use some better training on the adults.