McDonald's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 33,869 reviews matching the search
produtive and fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAApril 26, 2016
I loved working for McDonald's. they were all very understanding. and they allow you to learn at your own pace. they do not expect you to know how to do something right off. I would personally love to work for them again!!!!!
Good starter job
Crew (Current Employee) –  Christiana, TNApril 26, 2016
I needed a starter job and this was the first to call.
most enjoyed most customers
love working with most employees
others are okay for the most part under the job circumstances
I learned what is needed to be a manager and what is not
A typical work day is different from day to day
Pros
good for 1st starter job
Cons
too many to list
retail
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Media, PAApril 26, 2016
Fast paste type of job friendly people hard working co workers easy job i learn how to be a cashier the most thing i enjoy about the job is that i got to meet new people
Pros
Food
horrible workplace
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, ILApril 26, 2016
it taught me how to be able to manage somebody, they would treat their employees poorly and didn't care about you as a person. i would never recommend to work there. nothing was difficult about this job.
Fast and easy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 26, 2016
Fast food is a very easy work end in the culinary world. It implies about 10 ingredients for everything and minimal cook time for the product. Management was not a very good group of people, they would always try to stab your back for trying to get ahead in life and work harder than them.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Just an unsatisfying job
McDonald's work place
Guest Service Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2016
I had been working at McDonald's since I was 16, but a lot has changed over the years. The management was a lot better and so were the co-workers that I got to work with. As the years went on, we went through three different store managers, each of them letting the store fall apart more and more. A typical day at work now is have to do more than one persons job because there are so many call offs with no one wanting to come in to cover their shift. Many of the co-workers aren't motivated to work like others, which makes the ones that are willing to work have to do more work than they really should be doing. The workers that they are hiring are mainly younger, so that could be the reason why. Also, a lot of co-workers bring their personal lives to work. This causes a lot of problems where certain people can't work together or they have attitudes, which is a very hostile environment to work it. I think the hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed and you have to do more than one persons job. Although, I can say that McDonald's has really helped me with social skills and I can handle customers problems a lot better than when i first started working there.
Pros
Break food, flexible schedules, full-time hours
Cons
Half-hour break no matter how many hours worked, benefits
Fun a times you meet great people
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 26, 2016
I enjoy working here very much, most of the time. I just want something more. I learned how to deal with upset people and not to get attitudes with them.The management was okay, some of the mangers weren't all that nice and it didn't take very much training for them to become a manager. My co-workers are amazing people, well most of them. They're funny and nice and almost everybody gets along. The hardest part of the job is probably memorizing the menu and everything that can be changed and substituted. My favorite part of the job was interacting with so many different kinds of people.
Pros
Free lunches on breaks
Cons
No air conditioning.
Fun work place
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIApril 26, 2016
A typical work day I would take orders and do general cleaning task. I learned that you shouldn't care what other people think as long as you're doing you're job and being polite. Management was okay, it probably could be better. There wasn't really a hard part of the job, there was things that I preferred to do over others though.
Cahier experience was different but I had excellent customers service skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eufaula,ALApril 26, 2016
I like the cashier position I really do think I provided excellent customers service skills. Some of the people were very nice
It Isn't as Bad as You Think
Crew Member, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, OH 43074April 26, 2016
It was a good job but it was still minimum wage and the management really could make or break the day and the job. The hours are very flexible.
Its Fast Food
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2016
Rude people, foreign management. Loads of stress. Hard work hardly pays off in this environment. Teenage crew members effecting the work schedule.
Pros
Free meal a day or half off
Cons
No reward
Wanting to work for a church.
Floater (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 25, 2016
Being at work as scheduled to work, doing as instructed and thanking the Lord for what I have. I enjoy the customers and I work around them.
Productive, and somewhat friendly but did not like the position
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAApril 25, 2016
I did not care for the type of work nor the way I was treated by some. It was a productive environment, but the early morning hours did not work for me.
Pros
free sodas
Cons
Hours
Challenging work environment
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLApril 25, 2016
Working at McDonald's has really challenged me as a person. From meeting time goals of a fast food service to dealing with happy and unhappy customers I have really gained some positives and negatives out of McDonald's company. All in all even with the many flaws that have came my way while working in this field I have became a stronger individual who can take on any challenge.
It was a great place for my first job.
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  692 Fairview Rd, Simpsonville, SC 29680April 25, 2016
This job helped me learn very important skills, not only for the workplace, but in everyday life. I learned how to be patient and always please the customer no matter what. The hardest part of the job was going to the back to take orders and take up money. I had to keep the line moving fast and couldn't cause traffic. Management always took care of me and my co-workers helped me if I ever needed it.
Pros
The hours I received.
Cons
Cooking fast enough for a fast food restaurant.
Enjoyable and easy workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 25, 2016
I really enjoyed my employment with McDonalds during my junior and senior year of high school. It was very easy, and dependable. I learned many communication skills, and how to work in a fast paced environment. I really enjoyed working for McDonalds due to it provided me a ton of friends and many wonderful enjoyable moments!
Pros
Discounted prices, flexible hours, different uniforms.
Cons
Short breaks, limited benefits, minimum wage.