McDonald's
25,211 reviews

McDonald's Employer Reviews

Fun loving crew, quick service restaurant
Cashier, and opening team member (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, tv in break room
A usual day at McDonald's started with arriving after school, fulfilling a variety of roles in the drive thru and performing fast accurate service. My hardest part of the job was learning the ropes, as it was my first job. The most enjoyable part was making lasting friendships.
Good first job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: discount on food, break
Cons: worked late hours
was my first job taught me about business.

normal day was for me to sign in check with the manager to see where they need me usually was the window after a few hours take a break got some thing to eat then went back to work until my shift ended.

management was good the managers knew what to do where to put people. one or two two of them seem that – more... they didn't care.

co-workers were taught well some had problems or didn't show up on time or at all

hardest part was when there is a lot of people that come at once and we have to make more food that takes time.

most enjoyable part would be when we were slow and we talked and joked around for a few minutes – less
Makes you better at working under pressure
trainer and then to manager (Former Employee), Smithers, WVSeptember 10, 2014
Go to work at 7:00am and get off at 3:00pm. The hardest part of the job was training people who didn't really want to do any work.
customer service
Crew Member (Current Employee), sandy utSeptember 10, 2014
order taker handled cash cashed out register or till took orders served customers
its a very good team job.
Team Member (Former Employee), Eagle Pass, TXSeptember 10, 2014
We would start by making coffee for any customer who came in prepared orders etc. My day would go pretty fast.
friendly striving work enviroment
crew trainer (Former Employee), Dacono, COSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free/discounted lunch, employee of the month
Cons: only benefits being free/discounted lunch
A typical day at work required demonstration of knowledge of produce, procedures and price. I learned patience, portraying a good mood, and helping customers enjoy the visit and want to return. the management helped answer any and all questions and showed confidence in the employees work. co-workers ensured their job was complete and had a good time – more... doing so. the hardest part of the job was receiving a complaint from an unhappy customer, at the same time, the easiest part was to see the issue get resolved and watch as the unhappy customers issue get resolved and see the customer walk away happy. – less
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: great benefits
I've enjoyed working at Mcdonalds
It was a great experience
Dirty work place, constant screaming and miscommunication
Crew Member (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 10, 2014
There's really not much to say about this McDonald's other than the management was poor, scheduling was a mess, and there were other clerks in the same position as me, barking orders and giving me the sole burden of taking care of customers during rush hours.
Productive.
Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: bad benefits
It was a great job. It just wasn't enough hours and money. Not too good benefits.
Slow paced environment having worked night.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Columbia, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free dinner
Cons: smelled bad when shift was over, so ready to get clean when got home.
Kept self busy with cleaning and stocking items. I learned the how to run a frappe machine! Co workers were great to work with and stayed just as busy. Hardest part of this job was cleaning the big lobby that we had. I enjoyed the most again, serving customers and making frappe drinks.
Crew (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYSeptember 10, 2014
didnt like the job at allthe managers showed favortisim with the employes
mcdonalds was a learning time period for me
Cashier (Former Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 10, 2014
the time that i worked at mcdonalds i learned alot, how to handle money and to communicate in a hectic environment, how to clean especially.
Productive environment
Manager (Former Employee), Winchester, VASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches or discount rate on lunch easy to move up if desired
Cons: not always the friendliest customers, constant high pace, and the benefits arent the best
High paced job that requires you to balance your skills to maintain a good shift.
very fast paced loved it
general manager/ store manager (Former Employee), CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: paid salary
Cons: didnt matter how much i worked got paid the same
tipical day at work was very enjoyable loved working with people and crew.
learned alot in the 5 years. all aspects of the business. owner operator was and supervisors were great and taught me alot
Team Members
Team Member, Cashier (Current Employee), Jefferson City, TNSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: the enviroment
Team Member, cooking, cleaning, customer interaction. Some of the people are great but the work environment was not the best.
Productive and fun work place
Swing Manager (Former Employee), Glennville, GASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches and trips....also all the training
Cons: having to work short staff at times
A typical day at work would consist of customer service and running a medium volume fast food restaurant in a successful and profitable manner. Training and supervising crew members making sure they are following procedures while handling food and keeping a clean work place. The hardest part about my job was having to deal with rude customers but still – more... maintain a positive attitude as a manager. The most enjoyable part was my crew members. – less
Challenging job
Crew (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free meals and drinks
Cons: break time
Learned and knew different kinds of people.. Met and encounter different kinds of attitudes of people but it is a feeling of satisfaction at the end of the day..
love the people hate the job
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Troy, ILSeptember 9, 2014
I love the people I work with but cant stand working in fast food
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Pikeville, KYSeptember 9, 2014
Everyone was so nice and helpful. It was my first job so of course it was hard but the help from others made it 10x easier
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bonifay, FloridaSeptember 9, 2014
Though fast paced it was very enjoyable. The hours were very good and scheduling was efficient. Very reliable staffing.

About McDonald's

McDonald's®...Is one of the leading global foodservice retailers with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving 52 million – Read more