McDonald's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 34,622 reviews matching the search
fast pace, muititasking
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 14, 2015
Well a typical day at work for me was coming into my job clocking in on the register, printing my clock in sheet out, Then stop to see if any of my crew needed any help before i went to get my dower for my register.
I learned that you have to be very patient with some customer because they will be very rude and disrespectful, i learned how to communicate, while muiltitasking, which was a very hard thing to do at first.
Management wise in north Carolina they sucked.
My co-workers where the best. hardest part of the job was dealing with rude people, but the enjoyable part was that we alway laughed and had fun even if it was a bad day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short brakes, benefits
Great workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ARJanuary 20, 2016
the customers grew on you once that they have gotten used to a McDonald's being in their city. I've learned that some operations that I've learned at previous McDonald's I've worked at won't necessarily work there. The management team there were nice, but some things were a little shady. My co-workers were amazing! They are a diverse great group of people who made some of my shifts worth being there. The hardest part about my job was messing it up. The most enjoyable would definitely be the co-workers and crew.
Pros
Free food
Great workers, bias boss
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 15, 2016
the atmosphere is quick paced and fun once you get the hang of it you can perform this job in your sleep. Management however was sketchy, with money going missing so much there was at one point no one able to work the registers during a few shifts because the co-workers were blamed but not the managers who switched out the cash by transporting it back to the office in their pockets.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Fun Place to work with Guaranteed hours and Competitive pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYNovember 18, 2015
Fun place to work with a decent amount of fairness shown from the Management. Some people got away with things while others didn't, so there is some show of favoritism. Hours are guaranteed and management are willing to work with you if there are certain days you can't work. It was my first job so I learned all there is about being a Cashier, among almost all the other positions there are at a fast food job. The Co-Workers are enjoyable to be around and there is hardly any conflict. The hardest part of the job is busy days around the 1st of the month or during home games or school charity days. The most enjoyable was the environment and the people I worked with.
Pros
Free Meals, Offering Medical Insurance, Fun Environment, Flexible/non-Cometitve Hours
Cons
Some Favoritism, Competitive Pay
Typical fast food work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Emerson, GAJanuary 5, 2016
I did not enjoy my time at McDonald's very much, I worked here about a year and only got one ten cent raise, did not make enough to live on. I was a very hard working, but felt under appreciated. I was criticized and talked down to a lot in my time here.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No move up opportunities, not helpful management.
Thank you!
Part-time manager (Current Employee) –  Washington Court House, OH; Gallipolis, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Working at McDonald's has been a 3 year career building experience. I had the privilege working at McDonald's in various locations as well as meeting many wonderful people along the way. McDonald's has helped me gain leadership, communication, and critical thinking skills which have helped me grow. I am very thankful for the opportunity McDonald's has given me in order to prove myself as a part-time manager.
Pros
Free lunches/half-off, friendly, work around schedule, great experience
Cons
no benefits, lifting
Productive and fast paste, fun work environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZSeptember 11, 2015
Good work place with reliable management. It is all about the quality and customers. But also how we personally improve and grow within the work place. The most enjoyable part of my work place is having a good time while working at a steady pace. The company grew quickly, but still everyone is friendly with one another as new members enter the work environment. We come together like a family we never put each other down. if we see someone lost or struggling we help so they learn and improve with our team. There is always something new going on with the work place or the employees. Never a dual moment, with all the new creations of food and promotions, that are always being enforced with everyone. We work together as a team to improve as a team.
Pros
30 minute breaks
benefits
Without question the best company to work for
asst manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day at the store that I work at, is action pack you never know is going to happen. you have your every day customers that make things live. we have the most loyal customers around. our management team has the most experience of any store in our organization. the hardest part the job are some of the promotions. the most enjoyable part of the job, are the customers. I like seeing their face's when they get their order before they get to pull away from the counter, and they "WOW". I just like to make them happy.
Fast pace and demanding, yet fun.
Crew Member / Service (Former Employee) –  S belt Saint Joseph MoSeptember 18, 2015
A typical day at work would be, Clock in, wash hands, stand at register, take orders, bag orders, hand orders, and when not busy clean the lobby or restrooms.

I learned from this position that, you need a team behind you in order to satisfy what's in front of you.

Management was okay, confusing at times and not scheduled yet some were friendly other, not so much.

My co-workers were very friendly, they provided a good environment.

The hardest part of the job for me was operation machines I did not know and keeping up with the customers demanding time. ex : customer wants order in a minute, I can't rush the grill and therefor our crew disappoints the customer.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the smiles I saw on the customers face once they got what they desired, customers always come first and their praise is grand.
Pros
Free 5 Dollar Break Meals, Friendly Customers, Flexable Schedule
Cons
Short Break, Management a little unfriendly, fastfood
when working with the right crew and manager we could have fun while working
Crew Person (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 26, 2016
running the cash register for front line and drive through, I learned how to make the sandwiches operate deep fryer, grill. management was really nice and understanding to the employees my co workers were easy to get along with hardest part of the job was when you would run out of things that we needed. being around the people I worked with
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no medical benefits
The HR/D consultants role is an intermediary between the corporate regional office and restaurants in business centers throughout Michigan
Regional HR/D Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 11, 2016
. The HR/D rep delivers leadership and management training and support to assist field operations in achieving employee development, recruiting, training, retention, sales, customer service deliver, and other business goals.
Pros
Good training and develop programs and opportunities.
Cons
The organizational culture experienced growing pains as it expanded into diverse communities.
fast paced, harsh social enviorment.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHFebruary 29, 2016
typical day= long hours on my feet all day.
I learned to have patience with disgruntled customers
management could use an upgrade
co workers, and myself were often left with questions unanswered
hardest part of the job was dealing with my shift manager
I did not enjoy much but I did like the benefit of free lunches.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, long hours while standing
M