McDonald's

30 Minute Breaks

Discounts on Food
fine
crew (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 27, 2015
mcdonalds is mcdonalds. its a good first job but not someone career choice. i wouldnt go back even if i would get paied more money.
productive, and very efficient
McDonalds Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boyne City, MIAugust 27, 2015
I would get to work early, and make sure that I was not needed (sometimes I was) and then would clock in, and begin my shift as a cashier. If needed I would train any new employees, while also making sure that the customer area/ restrooms where cleaned. I also would run the fries station if needed. I learned many things while working at McDonalds to name a few: how to run a cash register, how run a  more... fryer, and how to be a good team member. Management was not the greatest, they liked to sit and just tell everyone what to do and give all their friends free food. Most of my co-workers where good but when you have teenagers that just want to goof off it makes working there a little difficult. The hardest part for me was not having anyone in control of what was going on and just the amount of issues. The best part was having those few that realy cared about me.  less
Pros
discount food, not to hard
Cons
disorganization
Fun environment to work in
Crew (Current Employee) –  Kingsport TnAugust 27, 2015
I enjoy working for this Mcdonald's mainly because of the management and co-workers. I have fun with who I work with and work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is working for a company that genuinely wants to see it's employees succeed.
fun but fast-paced
Crew (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2015
Fast paced environment during busy hours. Learned great customer service and how to give and receive it. The management is good, but in my opinion I think it could be better if people worked together.
Cons
short breaks
Bundle of Crazy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Falcon, COAugust 27, 2015
Typical day at work was stressful but it was a very fun environment. i learned all of the management aspect of the place and i was on the track to possibly a gm position. All of the managers were great except the newly promoted ones, they tries to boss all of the managers who had been there for years. The coworkers were great when there was no drama, from the high schoolers bringing their drama into the work place. The hardest part of the job was working with the gm, because she was too much of a perfectionist and she would yell a lot and get many customer complaints about how rude she was to all of the team that was there. The most enjoyable part of the job was how flexible the scheduling was and meeting many people throughout the day.
Pros
Free lunch, Good People, Flexible Scheduling
Cons
No benifits, Upper Management
it was ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  campus klamath fallsAugust 27, 2015
ran the cashier made breakfast gave breaks made lunch gave breaks count tills go home was not much to learn management was good co workers were good there was no hard part to the job it a hard job to enjoy
Pros
met alot of people
Cons
ceo
Fun workplace
Cahier (Current Employee) –  Archdale, NCAugust 27, 2015
Fun place to work with a team that is helpful and full of energy. Day to day customer numbers can change and everyday is different and presents new fun challenges.
Crew
Crew (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 27, 2015
There are different things that can be done at this job, but a typical day at work would be to grill the food. Take orders on counter or through the drive thru. Stock the items. Bag up the correct food in the bags for the customers and make drinks. There was nothing hard about this job and the most enjoyable part was bonding with my co workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The pay
A lot of work for tiny pay.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 27, 2015
You must know how to do everything at this place because they are overly afraid of there labor being high. They are so afraid that they send everyone home but one person and that one person has to do everything by them self for minimum wage. Most of the time they wind up getting a rush after they send everyone home to.
Fast pace always busy fun and good work place
cashier (Former Employee) –  helenaAugust 27, 2015
a regular day at work is fast pace and there is always something to do no matter what time. I learned you have to be quick in McDonald to get it done. The hardest part at first was bumping orders same time as fixing different to remember.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
managment
Only good to work while in High School
Cashier, Crew Trainer, Stock (Former Employee) –  Grayson, GAAugust 27, 2015
McDonald's was very filthy, work conditions were very poor. It is amazing when it comes to schedules, since you can basically make your own. But it is very unsanitary, food next to toxic chemicals, managers always cutting hours without notifying you, etc.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Too much to name
Fun, high stress, always on my feet.
swing manager trainee (Current Employee) –  Meridian IDAugust 27, 2015
The environment shifted from day to day depending on the people that were currently employed. In the four years I have worked here I have learned a lot about myself as a person, and a lot as a worker. Including, but not limited too, people skills, handling money, and handling stress while still getting my job done. Management could be stressful at times, but when it came down to it, most of them did their jobs correctly. The hardest part about this job is that there will always be someone that can't do their job correctly, so everyone else will pick up the slack. The most enjoyable part about this job is working, and helping customers to have a good experience.
Pros
discounted meals, insurance, flexible hours
Cons
short break, high stress enviornment
Fast food industry.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKAugust 27, 2015
Very long hours with little pay, unreasonable expections from managers for staff performance . Some managers could not motivate you to do a good job when they have poor attitudes about their own job.
My job at mcdonalds
crew member (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at work i would serve customers fast food, clean the lobby, do the dishes, i was great in drive thru. I loved my co-workers, the most enjoyable part was serving customers and seeing the smiles on their faces.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work and my co-workers were very nice.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVAugust 27, 2015
I was embraced at this position without having a lot of job experience prior, and everyone supported me when I wanted to go to college to further my education. I made minimum wage and it was rough taking care of my three children on that salary. Overall I have very good memories and had a great experience working with these people. I enjoyed seeing the customers every day and learning things that they enjoyed, while providing the best customer service that I could.
Pros
Teamwork, Support, Customer Interaction, flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits, minimum wage
mcdonalds
TEAM TRAINER (Former Employee) –  sherwood , arAugust 27, 2015
Overall a good company to work at for your first job! Flexible work schedule. Hours are given upon opportunity. I recommend this job it teachs you patience with guest.
Has its Good and Bad Days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 26, 2015
Waking up at 3:30 in the morning just so I could go to clock in at 5:00 am for only three days out of a seven day week was horrible nothing was more annoying but I would rather six day working than three. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers to see them upset and make them smile was the best. The hardest part was keeping my mouth shut because I did want to loose my job
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
Awful place to work.
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 26, 2015
Poor with communication in the management system, some managers were okay, others were down right awful to work with. some saw work to be always disobey management and have cell phones out all the time, poor hiring choices (They never stayed because they weren't given the hours they preferred.)
Pros
Free lunches, free college benefits when you go into business
Cons
you dont get paid enough for what you deal with as a manager.
The first step into work ethics in high school
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 26, 2015
On an average day at McDonald's, they're typical routines which are to be taking into consideration. Interacting with the fellow co-workers, or high school friends in the program you are required to watch it spoke of being a team member as well family member with the people you work with. There should be no person in the workplace with the aura of bad impression serving quality food and hospitality  more... is just the motto to follow by when your apart of the establishment, you should also know the right procedures when coming into fast food such as hygiene main importance. I have learned that you must be very careful and have the awareness of what your serving to specific customers because everybody can not eat everything which give you the sense of keen awareness, respect of the human being digestive system, and well mannerisms.  less