McDonald Restaurant

McDonald Restaurant Employer Reviews

McDonalds is a high paced organization with high turn around and leadership is often not properly trained.
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Ocala, FLNovember 20, 2014
Pros: teaches you to multitask for your toolbox
Cons: lack of discipline due to bad leadership, in proper training, and as such as high turn over. respect keeps workers.
A typical day at work consists of taking orders assisting customers expediently and learning all the sections of the store.

There is plenty of hands on training but unfortunately there is rarely the time to do so and management tends to skip a lot of steps in the training process. So you have to be quick on your feet.

Coworkers are more then friendly but they tend to lack discipline depending upon how strict and fair leadership is. Often most mistakes are brushed under the table instead of dealt with professionally.

This job is very fast paced and takes a lot of patience but once you find your flow it is a fulfilling job.

Most important part of the job? Do what your told, don't reinvent the wheel, and if anything is asked of you your resonse should be "got it." Long as its legal, moral, and ethical.
Administrator
Team Leader/Cashier (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 18, 2014
This was only volunteer work for me. It was not so organized, I was expected to do most of the organizing. I made the best of it with the fact that it was volunteer work.
Fast pace environment with excellent customer service.
Head Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Sunrise, FlNovember 16, 2014
Pros: discount on lunch.
Cons: late night hours.
A typical day at work is serving and interacting with four hundred
customers, I have learned to manage six to nine employees at a time while being in charge of the floor, to think quick on my feet and
to be a team player. My co-workers were competitive but also team players, the hardest part of the job would be those instances where
I was unable to oblige a customers request, because of a company policy. The most fun part of the job would be the look of satisfaction on a customers face as they leave my store, when the order is correct and the product is hot and fresh and the hospitality my team and I have provided them.
Fast Paced
Crew (Former Employee), Columbia MDJuly 26, 2014
I believe that this job gave me a better understanding in he retail field.
Did not like the managers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Sacramento, CaliforniaMarch 20, 2014
This was my first paid job and by far the worst experience of employment I have ever had. The managers there would hit on a lot of the female employees and managers blammed employees for their productivity being bad. With this job, I first learned how to handle the cash register and also learned about customer service. This job really put my multi tasking skills to a test, but of course I was only 16 at the time I did not know how to handle it as much as I do now. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers. I made a lot of new friends working here.
productive work
Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
McDonald was a very fast pace restaurant. Very productive have to be on top in order to make customers happy with their order. I learned a lot of new things like how to deal with customers better and how to avoid their comments affect my work. I also learned that some coworkers are going to be their to help you when needed and some are just not. The hardest part of my job was when their was only one cashier and you had to give out orders and take the orders. My job was most enjoyable when it was full because you had to do everything fast and time would go by faster then usual.
McDonald
Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: easy tools to work with
McDonalds is the reason why I would not want to return to a fast food place. This is great for a first job and if you get promoted then it is worth the stay. I did not like working at Mcdonald's overall. I had a shift manager that was very rude and had her favorite employees that she would treat very nicely. The people made it a worse experience for me. They were very polite costumers but the ugly attitude ones were very ugly. I was a very patient person with everyone, I talked to everyone and I didnt bring any problems to the floor. Ones I saw that an employee that had a very bad attitude with everyone she worked with and costumer's became promoted, I became discourage and saw that my hard work was not seen.
clear career ladder if you wanted to go further in the company
Cashier (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2013
Pros: good coworkers & have scholarships that helps with school
In this type of environment you learn how to better your costumer service skills. I was usually money handling. I had a great team of workers & team work is key in this type of business, you need one another for the company to be successful.
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee), Clio Rd Flint MINovember 14, 2013
Cleaning , stocking, cashier, customer service, people and communication skills.
Everyday is different
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Asbury Park, NJNovember 8, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no set hours, no
Family run, no real advancement. Not set hours. Each day is different, never know what you are going to get from the customers or employees.
fun place to work, discount food for family
Crew Member (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKOctober 20, 2013
Pros: discount food
Cons: unpaid lunches
A typical day would be fun and fast, i learned how to do 5 things at once working with high school kids... co-workers were great and so was the management. the hardest part was dealing with a lot of people who didn't speak English.The finest part of the job was getting to meet so many different people
my experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 26, 2013
First, work through the days as a cashier and deal with customer but work hard for hours. My co-worker and I get along because they are friends and family have work with me. The hardest is upset customer will ruin the day.
To me a job is very important to go forward with your life.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Puerto Rico BayamonSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: what the company i of
Cons: lunch time, medical plan
To me a job is very important to go forward with your life's work is something you have to stay focused on what you're grabbing and always keep in mind that the customer is the reason to respect your supervisors and supervisors express any problem with your you have.
Great Environment...
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2013
Great student job....Fun Birthday Party...If you need a part time job it be perfect..
Productive and fun
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Kent, WAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch, managing tilts and safe, supervising others
Cons: healthcare
I was floor supervisor so i was in charge of managing crew members on my shift, balancing tilts, counting safe. On a good day its really fast paced and easy to mess up, you always have to be friendly and remember the golden rule : Customers are always right. Hardest part of the job i would say is dealing with angry customers, you always have to make sure they leave happy because no customers mean o service which leaves us with less jobs. I've learned alot of great things working at mcdonalds from great interaction with others, balancing and counting money for a multi-billion dollar company, managing and just being aroung great people.
Very educational workplace.
Manager (Former Employee), Tyler, TX.July 30, 2013
Pros: free lunch and ongoing education
Cons: working schedual not consistent
A typical day at work for me was helping my crew reach out daily goals, making sure inventory was accurate, and creating a positive atmophere for my crew as well as our customers.
its a great place to work and start a new career in life
Fast Food Cook (Former Employee), Missouri City, TXJuly 29, 2013
Pros: free lunch anything is free on the menu
Cons: 30 minute breaks
i learned pretty much everything inside of McDonalds that you can learn my co-workers were great felt like they were family after so long the hardest part of the job is when you get a rush and have to pretty much do everything a lot faster.
fun and always busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Daly City, CAJune 29, 2013
Pros: free meals during breaks
Cons: not good benefits
always busy
learned to have patience to customer
management is just good
Everyone was friendly
hardest I guess is I burned my hands from frying machines
I met some new friends
happy evry day rain or shine
Full Time Store Manager (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYJune 22, 2013
Pros: food and good food
Cons: can get hot on the grill
extra fat pase,
90% of my management skills
looked forward to seeing all co workers
My Opinion About Mcdonalds
Crew Member (Current Employee), Missouri, MOJune 21, 2013
Pros: free meals everytime we work, we get 50% off discount
Cons: no healthcare benifits
A typical day at work is fast pace it consists of cleaning,satisfying customers,standing,etc.One thing I've learned working at mcdonalds would have to be "That customers are always right, and you just have to let somethings go" My co workers are great, i really appreciate them. Mangers at my job are stuck up so i just do my job to avoid punishment. The hardest part of my job is when the manager talks to you like your a little child and dont even give you a chance to respond all because their managers.The most enjoyable part is satisfying customers.