McAfee Employee Reviews

Positive culture
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 13, 2017
Positive culture, great place to interact and learn from co-workers. Management always willing to ensure that you are challenged in your job to make you a success.
Look elsewhere
Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 6, 2017
Poor planning, oversight, and general performance of the "leadership" have led to an overall decline in quality of life here at McAfee. McAfee, prior to the Intel takeover, was a fantastic place to work with few complaints throughout the organization. At this point I'd recommend seeing what else is out there before jumping on the Intel/McAfee bandwagon.
Good work life balance.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St, Paul MNSeptember 28, 2017
McAfee made healthy living a priority by offering a free healthy living program. They used to also conduct fitness challenges to motivate employees to get up and move (prizes and drawings awarded to participants).
Meh
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 5, 2017
CEO is smart and inspirational, but is a poor judge of character. Some of his direct reports are dopes and/or lackies.

Decisions are made in a vacuum.

Marketing is a train wreck.

McAfee is now owned by private equity, which means there are no options, RSUs, or ESPP. Employees are working for wages alone.

Because of the private equity ownage, the company's singular focus is increased revenue and decreased cost.
Wasn't fun for me, but now owned by Intel
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 1, 2017
So, even though my experience wasn't that great, things may have changed since 2010. When other employees had personal issues with me, they covertly undermined my work and offered bad reports to HR and other management functions. I had to leave because of the stress it caused.
Sales Ops
Sales Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 14, 2017
Slow to promote, and expect lots of changes. Great place to work from home, but may be tiring because you will need to work with Texas hours, and Bangalore Hours.
Relaxed work environment, with generally great people
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 11, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the lax work hours and great co workers. Didn't learn as much as I would have liked and didn't see room for growth. However, overall a good company to work for.
Pros
Flex-time
Cons
No upward mobility
Interesting, technical, but a Tech Company
Enterprise UX Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at McAfee, but during my tenure we separated from Intel then lost my job during a workforce restructuring. There are some very talented people working there. I learned a great deal about the cyber threats that have become a feature of today's life, and I believe that McAfee is working on a host of products that will be sorely needed in the years to come.
Pros
Health care, cheap lunches, ability to work remotely
Cons
Traffic to and from work
Great People to work with
Business Analyst, WW Channel Learning Programs (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 8, 2017
This was a hard couple of years as we were purchased, then absolved to become part of our parent company and then sold again to become independent. All of that happened in 4 years. So hard to really review the company.
Poor Management, Poor Time Management Skills, Horrible Communication
Web Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 1, 2017
Mediocre managers, focused on wrong priorities.
Working remote is great for those who like me are able to self discipline
Manager worries too much about useless matters and wastes so much time talking about the same things over and over, instead of letting us actual work
Pros
Remote Work allows for relaxed work environment, void of usual office distractions
Cons
Horrible management and communication
They do not value long term employees.
Manager, Process Engineering (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 29, 2017
They do not value their employees. They have good benefits and pay but the "new" McAfee management doesn't value the employees the way the previous team did. It was hard to get projects approved then once they were approved, they expected them to be done with the original timeline even if the approval delayed the start.
Pros
Free donuts.
Cons
Lack of communication from executives.
Challenging and exciting
Account Manager (GOV/ED ISR) (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 27, 2017
Working for McAfee was one of the greatest experiences of my professional career. You could not asked for a more dedicated team, than the GHE Inside Division. If your agency's security initiatives are a top priority, or if you struggle with prioitizing how to manage more responsibilities with less resources (that's also married to decreasing budgets), & maintain your environment's protection from increasingly sophisticated attacks, then reach out to this team.

Together Is Power!
Great Company, Not a ton of Security
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 26, 2017
I worked for McAfee for many years. The people they bring on are some of the best with lots of expertise.

Work life balance was harder here, getting promoted was also difficult often hiring outside the company for highier up positions.

While I was there I had 7 managers, and survived 4 rounds of layoffs.
Pros
people, office is nice, lunch is cheaper than eating out
Cons
lack of promoting within, layoff rounds
Great place to be-- keeps you on your toes.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2017
Management is phenomenal, can't beat the benefits... also, the work culture is fantastic-- I love every person I work with. M&T is always striving for success and giving people the best representation they can possibly give. High standards exist but they also are understanding and patient.
Productive and fun with cafeteria and ping pong table
Sr. Automation CM & PuppetEngineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 18, 2017
A great company and a good group of professionals.
It was one of the most pleasant places to work in my career.
Many opportunities to grow and develop.
Pros
Fun, challenging
Great company! good culture, group and manager!
FMM DMRs and LARs (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 10, 2017
Contract for Field Mktg Mgr for DMRs and LARs. Good culture, group, and manager. Love the fast-paced environment. Wish I could've stayed longer, but the experience was wonderful!
Pros
Great company! good culture, group and manager!
Cons
contract only - wish I could've stayed longer.
Good
Competitive Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2017
Decent company to work for and the people were pretty nice. Would recommend to people/friends. Would have been nice to be around more people from the company.
Pros
Working from home
Productive and fun work place
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 25, 2015
Fun work place with supportive staff
Decent amount of politics, but this is expected in any bigger organisation.
Learning and development support.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Too much politics
Excellent work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 5, 2015
I love Intel Security (formerly McAfee) however, i am looking to relocate to the Cypress, TX area. Were it not for that, I would retire from McAfee,
Great workplace
Sr. Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 13, 2015
McAfee is a great place to work.
It supports your ideas and fosters innovation.
I believe it has great future with a backing from Intel now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McAfee. Our community is ready to answer.