McAfee

McAfee Employer Reviews

Amazing company!!!
Channel Account Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 31, 2013
McAfee is a great place to work. They are big on promoting within and have a comprehensive approach to security. I love selling McAfee solutions because I believe in them. When you work at McAfee, you are part of a family.
Cafeteria on site
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 15, 2013
Pros: challenging environment
Cons: i spent a lot of time behind the desk
• A typical day at work consisted of setting meetings and closing deals
• I learned endurance, perseverance and management skills
• Management was pretty hands off
• My co-workers were friendly and team oriented
• The hardest part of the job was the current competition and my territory
• What I liked most about the job was selling against some pretty – more... tough competition even though our price was higher – less
Greatest Place to Work
ENGAGEMENT LEADER, IT OPERATIONS (Contract) (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 22, 2013
Very relaxed work environment. High employee morale, fast paced, great cafetaria with affordable food and great employee events. Communication in the company is great among all levels of employees.
Typical corporate company
Web/Print Designer (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 7, 2013
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: dilbert comics will make a lot of sense
Divided into many divisions that often seem to compete with one another, you can expect typical big-company culture. Some people bust their tails working and some just skate by and get promoted. Compensation and benefits are great. Your experience would be completely dependent on who they put you with and which division you work in.
I enjoyed my time here
Tier 1 Support Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 10, 2013
Working as a Tier I support representative for McAfee. I currently support product lines including but not limited to EPO, VSE, Virex, Netshield for Netware, Virusscan Thin Client, HIP, Rogue System Sensor, and other products within those specific lines. During this time, I have become a leader to my peers in knowledge and also in workflow.  I have – more... taken part in several initiatives to help improve processes within the department as well as have taken it upon myself to help maintain and improve morale and overall happiness of the department and associated departments. I have networked within the support organization and have established working relationship with my peers in Tier I as well as in other groups including Platinum tier II and tier III, Perimeter and IPS groups within the same environment. Have most recently transitioned into the Perimeter team and have become a top volume worker within this organization and standout volume call taker with good stats across the board. – less
Fun team but still stuck with large company hindrances
Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 29, 2013
Pros: free soda, popcorn, able to wear jeans.
Cons: hard to communicate ideas for improvements to efficiency and workflow.
My team worked together well. Was able to get help when needed when coming into the position. Had some medical issues and needed to take random times off work for doctor's appointments and manager was perfectly understanding and helpful about it all. Extra compensation when I took a large workload when it was needed most. Quarterly awards for different – more... apartments with dollar bonuses included. – less
Sales Operations (Former Employee), USAApril 25, 2013
McAfee is a great place to work. Senior Mgmt provides projects that are challenging and character building. The employees are fantastic, people that will become your friends.
Productive and fun place to work
Software Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 29, 2013
Analyze, innovate, architect, design and develop software programs for frameworks, technology components and end user applications; Code and debug complex issues when required.
Write and review designs and test documents; Work with QA to ensure highest quality for product deliverables. Review and contribute to various test plans created by QA. Work – more... closely with the Professional Services teams to support implementations when required.
Work with support to provide timely resolutions.
Lead and co-ordinate development with remote teams.
Work with Documentation team to ensure highest quality documentation for software deliverables. Review and contribute to product documentation. – less
Good company
SAP Basis Administrator (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Good work place with friendly co workers. Unfortunately management team is not professional nor friendly.
Tier I Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 22, 2013
Provide phone support for customers. Learn McAfee products and provide knowledge to help customers.
Dont Work For McAfee
Information Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: free food friday mornings
Cons: to many to list
Products they sell are rated poorly by industry analyst. Management has serious issues.
OK type of company with limited growth
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: enough long vacations
Cons: limited growth potential
McAfee team has limited growth potential now as it is dependent upon PC sales. People are good here and helpful.
McAfee Review
Global Data Center Manager (Current Employee), englewoodDecember 7, 2012
Pros: good people company
Cons: middle mangers tend to be, do it my way or you are wrong
Very good people company. Need to work on a better infrastructure for the IT side.
Very productive and high turnover environment
SENIOR MANAGER, WEB PRODUCTION (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 15, 2012
Pros: bonuses, time off, free soda, discounts, gym membership (on-site), and lots of company-wide activities.
Cons: very little oversight of managers, real mentoring is not available, not enough thought and time put into overall strategies.
McAfee is a great environment for getting things done. It is a very fast paced company. It was very easy to move forward with a project. The managers have high expectations and reward the best projects with additional bonuses. The company culture is hard to define because the management is in transition as there have been a lot of departures from normal – more... attrition to lay-offs. – less
Good starting point
Account Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXNovember 2, 2012
Pros: environment, people, free sodas, team events
Cons: salary
Great ending point...if you are in the right role. Very high personality atmosphere. Great* managers, and not so great managers; as with any company, but McAfee will give you a chance to succeed and teach you a lot about how to sell, and work-ethic. You have to play by the game, but overall a solid company.
Easy to use
Sr. Program/Project (Current Employee), Dallas TXOctober 30, 2012
Pros: easy to use
good place to work •a typical day at work is a good day
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
A great learning experience.
North America Tier I Gold Support Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TexasOctober 18, 2012
Pros: free sodas, a cafeteria down stairs, close to home
Cons: politics
My last position required me to multi-task. I enjoyed it very much. I managed around 15 to 42 support technicians, team leads and product leads; managed the phone queues with the CMS and Avaya software; held team and one on one meetings; handled customer service issues related to support; provided reports on KPI metrics for senior management. In my – more... almost 11 years at McAfee, I've learned the products they offer, learned how to sell them, learned how to do field channel sales, learned how to manage people both remote and local. The hardest part of being a manager is having to terminate an employee. I enjoyed sales as well as managing people. – less
Great Place to work
Emergency Response Coordinator/Intern (Current Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: free sodas and a special room designated employee 404
Cons: can't complain
McAfee has given me the opportunity to learn Emergency Response through a corporate side versus government side. This position has helped me learn how to manage a program.
Extremely helpful people, challenging and fun environment
Software Developer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 16, 2012
Positively charged environment, you learn a lot. It is a fun place. The management is excellent. Co-workers are great. Work is good.
Great Organization
Senior Project Manager / Program Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 7, 2012
Fast paced environment that will stretch even the most experience individual.

About McAfee

McAfee puts a virtual padlock on IT resources. The company sells network security products that protect computers, networks, and – Read more