McAfee

McAfee Employee Reviews

Fun workplace. They had gaming and media rooms.
Pre-Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Plano, TexasFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great family oriented company with great coworkers.
Cons: compensation lacking for long periods of time.
Some managers were under-qualified and liked to micro manage to make up for this aspect. Aside from that I really enjoyed the people I worked with and loved working with customers daily.
Siebel Administrator
Siebel Administrator (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 27, 2014
worked on following versions - Siebel 7.5, Siebel 7.7, Siebel 7.8, and Siebel 8.x.
People know their stuff
Endpoint Product Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 22, 2014
It's an environment where you know you'll be working with experts in their field.
Senior Technical Alliance Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WADecember 13, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: some young upper management staff
Enjoyed working at McAfee, would work there again if the right opportunity presented itself.
McAfee has a strong security product and sales focus.
Executive Assistant Product and Solution Marketing (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 5, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: long hours
There are many hard working good people at McAfee that enjoy being very productive helping people be safe with their computers, systems and portable applications. Being informed on security risks can make the difference. Therefore, there are more possibilities of how our identity and personal information can be taken and misused than the average person is aware.
Sales and Channel Background
Enterprise Sales Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2013
I run the Enterprise and Channel relationship in the North Central. I have also run National Sales nad Channel teams over the past 13 years.
Technical Gold Support Engineer (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 30, 2013
good compensation
work/live balance
training
Global
Great place to gain industry knowledge and skills
Technical support technician (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunity
Cons: sales driven
Great place to gain industry knowledge and skills. Technical Support and product development business units are great. Unfortunately it is a sales and marketing driven company.
Great workplace, collaborative environment
Senior Technical Alliance Manager (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAOctober 4, 2013
Pros: many
Cons: few
Enjoy coming to work each day. Great partner relationships, good project work. Cloud Security is a fast paced and ever changing topic. McAfee has technologies to blanket this segment, so good place to focus efforts.
Great company
Project Management (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 1, 2013
Good culture and professional teams
Good learning experience. Environment to contribute
Great mentors and productive office environment.
Branding and Marketing Programs Intern (Current Employee), Santa ClaraSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches, game room, 401k, club one workout center.
Cons: far commute to the office (santa clara).
- Everyday was different at McAfee, it is very high pace, high stress environment. I helped with entering in projects into the QuickBase queue and running the collateral through the process until completed. I often kept my department organized with creating many excel spreadsheets with information regarding many different aspects of the marketing programs department.
- I learned about how to conduct myself in a corporate environment.
- My boss was truly fabulous and she often spent time teaching me every aspect of the job. This ultimately is what gave me an edge up from the other interns and landing me a job at McAfee.
- The hardest part of the job was responding to unhappy clients when their project took longer than expected at the design agency.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my senior level team and gaining important knowledge for my future.
Company with growth pains
Senior Manager IIS Server Operations (Former Employee), Santa Clara CaliforniaAugust 24, 2013
Cons: everything
I did not do my due diligence before coming on board with this company. It turned out there were executives in prison for back darting stocks. From my short time there I feel they were a 3000 person company executing like a startup.
Amazing company!!!
Channel Account Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 31, 2013
McAfee is a great place to work. They are big on promoting within and have a comprehensive approach to security. I love selling McAfee solutions because I believe in them. When you work at McAfee, you are part of a family.
Cafeteria on site
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 15, 2013
Pros: challenging environment
Cons: i spent a lot of time behind the desk
• A typical day at work consisted of setting meetings and closing deals
• I learned endurance, perseverance and management skills
• Management was pretty hands off
• My co-workers were friendly and team oriented
• The hardest part of the job was the current competition and my territory
• What I liked most about the job was selling against some pretty tough competition even though our price was higher
Greatest Place to Work
ENGAGEMENT LEADER, IT OPERATIONS (Contract) (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 22, 2013
Very relaxed work environment. High employee morale, fast paced, great cafetaria with affordable food and great employee events. Communication in the company is great among all levels of employees.
Typical corporate company
Web/Print Designer (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 7, 2013
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: dilbert comics will make a lot of sense
Divided into many divisions that often seem to compete with one another, you can expect typical big-company culture. Some people bust their tails working and some just skate by and get promoted. Compensation and benefits are great. Your experience would be completely dependent on who they put you with and which division you work in.
I enjoyed my time here
Tier 1 Support Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 10, 2013
Working as a Tier I support representative for McAfee. I currently support product lines including but not limited to EPO, VSE, Virex, Netshield for Netware, Virusscan Thin Client, HIP, Rogue System Sensor, and other products within those specific lines. During this time, I have become a leader to my peers in knowledge and also in workflow.  I have taken part in several initiatives to help improve processes within the department as well as have taken it upon myself to help maintain and improve morale and overall happiness of the department and associated departments. I have networked within the support organization and have established working relationship with my peers in Tier I as well as in other groups including Platinum tier II and tier III, Perimeter and IPS groups within the same environment. Have most recently transitioned into the Perimeter team and have become a top volume worker within this organization and standout volume call taker with good stats across the board.
Fun team but still stuck with large company hindrances
Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 29, 2013
Pros: free soda, popcorn, able to wear jeans.
Cons: hard to communicate ideas for improvements to efficiency and workflow.
My team worked together well. Was able to get help when needed when coming into the position. Had some medical issues and needed to take random times off work for doctor's appointments and manager was perfectly understanding and helpful about it all. Extra compensation when I took a large workload when it was needed most. Quarterly awards for different apartments with dollar bonuses included.
Sales Operations (Former Employee), USAApril 25, 2013
McAfee is a great place to work. Senior Mgmt provides projects that are challenging and character building. The employees are fantastic, people that will become your friends.
Productive and fun place to work
Software Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 29, 2013
Analyze, innovate, architect, design and develop software programs for frameworks, technology components and end user applications; Code and debug complex issues when required.
Write and review designs and test documents; Work with QA to ensure highest quality for product deliverables. Review and contribute to various test plans created by QA. Work closely with the Professional Services teams to support implementations when required.
Work with support to provide timely resolutions.
Lead and co-ordinate development with remote teams.
Work with Documentation team to ensure highest quality documentation for software deliverables. Review and contribute to product documentation.

About McAfee

McAfee puts a virtual padlock on IT resources. The company sells network security products that protect computers, networks, and – Read more

McAfee Salaries