MCALESTER REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER Employee Reviews

Home Away From Home!
Employee (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKJune 6, 2017
I enjoy working at MRHC! There's a lot of changes so you have to be okay with change and quick on your feet. The staff is wonderful! Feel like family here. Management communication is a real issue here, so that's frustrating but overall I really love my home away from home and couldn't see myself working any where else. HR is wonderful! I've had some issues and they have been able to help me a lot. All HR staff really go above and beyond and I felt like they all genuinely care about the staff.
Pros
Staff, environment, culture
Cons
Leadership Communication
Good learning experience
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKMay 22, 2017
Fast paced, hectic at times. Lots of varied situations that require experience with people and problem solving skills.Not much chance for advancement unless you are willing to continue education.Good benefits, nice people. Can learn if you are interested. The management is varied, some good some less so.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
Stressful
Loved my Director and supervisors
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKApril 20, 2017
Couldn't have picked a better place to start my career. They are a nice group of people willing to take a newbie under their wings. I worked nightshift so work/life balance was poor but otherwise it was a great place to work.
Great place to work!
Employee (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKJanuary 29, 2017
This is a great place to work! Coworkers are more like family. This is a community hospital that is dedicated to the community and to the employees. The work is centered on being the best and providing the best for our patients.
interesting and fun
Reception -Van Buren House-Assisted Living (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJanuary 20, 2017
A typical day of greeting potential customers and providing tours for their families was enjoyable. Answering phones, learning how to maintain medical licensing for staff was a challenge but organizing and producing the News Letter was the highlight of my monthly work schedule.
Pros
access to learning material
Very poor work environment
Icu manager (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJanuary 19, 2017
Many promises provided by upper management to staff that never happened. This left many staff members disgruntled and in poor spirits. I would have to classify this as a toxic work environment
Good place to work learned a lot
CNA and activities Cordinator (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJanuary 17, 2017
I learned a lot form the nurses. It's a really good place to work . Its all about team work. Unit manager is one of the best people to work for she cares about her employees.
not a good experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKDecember 11, 2016
worked in a hostile environment. HR was not helpful at all. this could be a great place to work if HR did things differently. The should take more pride in their employees and help them when they come to them with an issue related to their work environment. very stressful place to work from my experience.
Great Job
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OK 74501December 7, 2016
This is a great company to work for. There is never a dull moment and you will always be busy. Every day you will encounter a new challenge and be able to acquire new knowledge that will benefit you professionally and personally.
Poor upper management
Clerk (Former Employee) –  ClerkNovember 19, 2016
Unless you are their best buddy, like to gossip, tattle-tale on your co-workers you won't go far nor get raises at the hospital. And don't bother going to the HR Director! No help. I would NOT recommend this as a steady, fun place to work.
Cons
Fun, professional and a team
Radtech (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKOctober 25, 2016
Entire facility was a healthcare team. Friendly, very helpful with caring for patients. Was a busy dept. Had latest equipment and stays modern in every sense.
Pros
Nice friendly employees, cafeteria
Cons
Under new management since my employment
A toxic workplace and poor care providers
Staff Radiologist-Full Time (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKOctober 6, 2016
Worked with some great people but the company its self is one that I would discourage anyone from working at. I left due to the toxic work environment that this company creates.
Great Department
LIS (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKOctober 3, 2016
I work in a department full of wonderful people who are more than willing and happy to help new individuals learn. I have learned the background workings for building tests and how to up-keep them.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Conflicting managment ideals
Organized work place
Ultrasound Student (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKMarch 16, 2016
This was my first clinical rotation. The technician I followed had been in the work field for over 10 years. She was very experience and was the perfect fit for my first rotation. This site was one of the busier sites i had, which let me see many different anomalies. They had different procedures that i enjoyed being apart of.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Did not get to scan as much as I would have liked to, becasue it was my first rotation
nice coworkers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  mcalester okMay 26, 2015
nice coworkers. I think management in the laboratory needs changed they are horrible, unfair, unless your their best buddy. The hospital overall is pretty upbeat. and a fun place to work. There is room for advancement. benefits are pretty good. and HR is pretty helpfull.
Pros
30 minute lunches
Cons
management in lab needs work
I would not accept a job here until the situation was stabilized.
Staff Sonographer (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJanuary 13, 2015
The radology department was a disaster. The original manager of 30+ years had been fired. They went through 3 managers while I was there. They also went through 6 ultrasound techs.
Best place in McAlester to work for IT
Lead Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJune 4, 2014
I had the chance to work with all aspects of the IT department. It was a great learning opportunity to explore all IT interests.
Steady workplace.
Nurse Aide/Night Clerical Duties (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKMarch 14, 2014
Helpful co-workers, great team skills. Computer charting, patient orders, surgery preps, post-op surgery monitoring, very educational experience.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Sometimes the patient to caretaker ratio is extended.
Excellent place to work
Consultant, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKFebruary 15, 2014
Focused on providing quality patient care and a great work environment for staff.
nursing
LPN II (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJanuary 12, 2014
Management is very biased. Communication is horrible. Forced to work overtime and short handed. Very unsafe work environment.
Pros
Coworkers are enjoyable for the most part. Payroll deduct meals.
Cons
short handed, Inexperienced staff, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MCALESTER REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

MCALESTER REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER Reviews by Location