MCALESTER REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER

MCALESTER REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

nice coworkers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  mcalester okMay 26, 2015
nice coworkers. I think management in the laboratory needs changed they are horrible, unfair, unless your their best buddy. The hospital overall is pretty upbeat. and a fun place to work. There is room for advancement. benefits are pretty good. and HR is pretty helpfull.
Pros
30 minute lunches
Cons
management in lab needs work
they are really trying to better themselves
Nutritional Tech/ Office (Current Employee) –  Mcalester, OKAugust 6, 2012
They are working to better themselves . There are a lot of good benefits there but they still have some work to do when it comes to helping their employess are raising children by themselves instead of changing their hours knowing there is no one to pick up my children once daycare closes
Great First Experience in Nursing
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKAugust 21, 2013
I started my career as a nurse with McAlester Regional Health Center as a Med/Surg nurse. It was an invaluable learning experience. I would recommend "new" nurses do the same. I was able to care for a wide variety of patients in both age and disease process gaining a strong foundation for my knowledge base. The best part was having multiple more experienced staff members for support and questions. The hardest part was the hours and physical demands. As expected, more desirable sifts are filled by staff with seniority. Expect to be on your feet, A LOT.
Pros
mutiple staff members, resources
Cons
shifts/hours and physicality of job
i enjoyed the time i spent at McAlester Regional Health
Secretary Nutritional Services/Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJuly 16, 2012
Started at 8 am every moring and worked until 4:30 pm every day monday through friday, i how to work with others to reach a goal that was provided for us. The management was very understanding in any questions or concerns that would arise in the day to day. My coworkers were like a family to me. The hardest part of the job was making sure every detail was in order to file claims, and i enjoyed the people i worked with most of all.
Pros
friendly environment and pleasant place to work
Cons
outsourcing our department
I would not accept a job here until the situation was stabilized.
Staff Sonographer (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJanuary 13, 2015
The radology department was a disaster. The original manager of 30+ years had been fired. They went through 3 managers while I was there. They also went through 6 ultrasound techs.
great environment, fun people but we all worked together as a team to get things done
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKMarch 16, 2013
I would come in and immediately start checking in patients. i worked for an orthopedic surgeon so we stayed VERY busy. I learned how to deal with difficult people and how to keep a situation from getting out of control. My boss was great she took care of us. she work very hard to make sure the doctors and all staff had what they needed. I wouldn't say their was a really difficult part to the job. I loved the people I worked with I just had to move cause my husband had a job offer down here. i would say that was the most difficult part of my job, saying good bye.
Acute Care Community Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  McAlester OklahomaFebruary 25, 2012
I enjoyed the people I worked with and for. People were for the most part supportive of others and pulled together for the needs of the patient.
Pros
good support staff, rapport with immediate management
Cons
administration disassociative with staff needs.
nursing
LPN II (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJanuary 12, 2014
Management is very biased. Communication is horrible. Forced to work overtime and short handed. Very unsafe work environment.
Pros
coworkers are enjoyable for the most part. payroll deduct meals.
Cons
short handed, inexperienced staff, poor management
Work
Vice President of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKSeptember 9, 2013
Growing company that is very busy and chaotic at times. The company is ran by a good CEO who is a strategic visionary and cares for staff. Balancing all the job duties is difficult because you want to be the best at everything.
OR / Anesthesia
RN at Mcalester Regional Health Center (Former Employee) –  Operating roomOctober 21, 2012
There is NOTHING to do in this town. The first sign to great you tells you not to pick anyone up from jail.

The surgeons run the OR so you are at there mercy. The CRNA's think that they are surgeons. They seem to have a good relationship with the surgeons but not with the staff. Hostile OR
Pros
the paycheck
Cons
not flexible, bad work environment.
Best place in McAlester to work for IT
Lead Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJune 4, 2014
I had the chance to work with all aspects of the IT department. It was a great learning opportunity to explore all IT interests.
Steady workplace.
Nurse Aide/Night Clerical Duties (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKMarch 14, 2014
Helpful co-workers, great team skills. Computer charting, patient orders, surgery preps, post-op surgery monitoring, very educational experience.
Pros
friendly co-workers.
Cons
sometimes the patient to caretaker ratio is extended.
I loved working at MRHC, team work. friends , close to home
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKMay 21, 2013
Patient care, assessement, medication administration. conscious sedation. procedures.
Pros
close to home, worked with friends, team work
Cons
moved
MRHC is a great place to work and I enjoy my job very much.
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKDecember 27, 2013
MRHC has the high patient load which allows me to get hands on experience in every type of ultrasound exam.
Excellent place to work
Consultant, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKFebruary 15, 2014
Focused on providing quality patient care and a great work environment for staff.

MCALESTER REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER Reviews by Location