McAlister's Deli Employee Reviews in United States

Productive fast-pace job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 24, 2016
Cashiers enthusiastically interact with guests. Ideal candidates possess positive and helpful attitudes along with the desire to serve guests.
Great Inviornment
CATERING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 21, 2016
Great place to work. Mcalisters has a great environment and company. Just ready to move forward with my talents. Ready for a new career and scenery.
Different from most resturants
FOH (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 17, 2016
Working here so far has had it's ups and downs. I started out with 36 hours and now I am down to less then 30 hours a week on minimum wage. They want people to work their hardest but complain of labor costs and that they can't keep everyone. I am a very hard worker and I like to avoid problems so I work as much as they let me and try to stay busy so that they don't send me home early. I enjoy the interaction with the customers and helping them make suggestions on what they would like to eat. I love seeing and greeting my regulars. I enjoy being trained in all FOH areas, expo, register, bussing, on my downtime I pick up other duties to show management my work ethic but as with all places of employment they have their favorites and that is who they give the most hours too. And I do not like the tip system, all tips and shared and split between all employees, whoever works the most hours get the most tips.
Pros
30%discount, friendly coworkers and customers, great location, free drinks
Cons
Tip system, No benefits, hours
Exciting place of work
Front-house Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 13, 2016
McAlisters was my very first job ever and I absolutely loved everyone there. Although some were a bit messy it was manageable you just have to be careful about how you put your business out there.
Stressful place to work
Cook, Prep (Former Employee) –  Wiggins, MSJuly 10, 2016
managers choose favorites and only their friends get opportunities for advancement no matter how hard you work, minimum wage with a back and forth schedule, hardly any hours (usually less than 20 per week), coworkers are usually easy to get along with, minimal drama with coworkers (always drama with managers).
Pros
50% of food, fun with coworkers, great for first time job
Cons
managers, minimal hours and pay
A Productive fun place to work with lots of energy.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 8, 2016
I like working there just wasn't getting hours that I needed but I did learn a lot with the supervisor's permission I taught myself the register taking orders, doing cash along with electronic transactions. I also served customers their meals along with anything else that may have needed. I also answered phones and took orders over the phone for customers.
Typical day at McAlister's
FOH Staff (Current Employee) –  Brownsburg, INJuly 8, 2016
A typical day consists of doing what you're supposed to do, helping customers get what they need and helping your co-workers get what they need when they don't have the time to get it. McAlister's is very busy most of the week so you have to go in prepared for the day because by the end you are very tired and exhausted. It is a good place to work and also a fun place to work.
Pros
30% off
Cons
Bad Managers
Good company to work for if as a Team Member
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 7, 2016
McAlister's Deli is not a growing company, nor a company for a great work/life balance. Very established brand with a good recognition. Not a very structured training program, would like to see growth and enjoy a better communication structure.
fun place to work
busser (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 3, 2016
my typical day at work, I've learned to move in a fast paced environment. I usually start by wiping down tables refills, and picking up dirty dishes. my most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the customers and starting conversations with them.
Nice place to work
Rob Parker - General Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS 39401July 2, 2016
Working at both McAlister's, I opened and closed the kitchen. I really liked working there, I learned how to run, open, clean and stock a restaurant kitchen. I did not work a shift on a register, but I did learn from some of the managers how to work the register. Management was okay. For the most part the co-workers were okay too. I say that because working at both I worked with different age groups, and have had different experiences with both. The hardest part of the job would have been some managers using favoritism in the workplace. The most enjoyable would be the hours. Well until it became a problem with my ride situation.
Pros
discounts and ability to pick up hours
A fun and up-beat environment.
Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MO 64507June 28, 2016
The best part of working at McAlister's Deli would definitely be my co-workers and customers. Everyday you are walking into a fun, yet appropriately strict environment. The shifts are rather short and simple. The job itself is not difficult at all; it's how you deal with certain situations that makes it tough sometimes. The management team is very good at working to meet your needs and accommodating to your schedule. There are many opportunities for you to move up within the company. This is a company that continues to grow and develop each year. Working at McAlister's is a team effort, it's not individually applauded, however you can be recognized for your performance.
fun workplace
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJune 28, 2016
management was great.
worked about 40 hours a week.
enjoyed working with my co-workers.
easy job.
worked either on a register or bussed tables
Pros
free lunch
productive work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSJune 28, 2016
a typical day is a steady speed, i learned to make different kinds of food. There was great management and great co-workers as well. The hardest part I would say would be making all those different kinds of sandwiches. And the most enjoyable part was getting compliments from customers and the staff.
Its an awesome place to work at you won't regret it
Internship (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 26, 2016
McAlister's Deli is a great place to work at its fun you get to me new people your coworkers are awesome i just love everything about McAlister's Deli
Pros
Everything is amazing
Cons
Nothing i love Everything
Management was lacking
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Republic, MOJune 25, 2016
The job itself wasn't bad but it was a lot of hard work constantly, and the management didn't seem to ever have things running smoothly.
Cons
Few breaks, hard work, low pay
Already stated
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 23, 2016
Already stated my review about this employer. The hardest part is dealing with other peoples incompetence and the easiest part is just making the food.
fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ CASHIER/ NEW HIRE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 23, 2016
I love this place, clean fun environment, fast paced, nice management, and continuous learning environment
Pros
environment
Cons
pay
my thoughts
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALJune 21, 2016
The job is very easy and the guests are great however there are a few problems i have had but i will not put them out there for everyone
Pros
great nice guests
Alright Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 14, 2016
A typical day at work varies depending on the position, but there is almost always something that needs to be done, so employees aren't just standing around. It is characterized by heavy lunch rushes and moderate-to-light dinner rushes, and the time in between is spent catching up on cleaning and restocking. Management is not terrible, but the general manager seems to receive a disproportionately large number of vacations compared to the rest of the salary management. Cooks receive less consideration than the rest of the staff, taking the blame for food costs incurred by customers who were not properly taken care of at the register and having a generally smaller pool of available employees. After 5 years, the hardest part of the job was the monotony, but the job as a whole was convenient for my schedule. The most enjoyable part happened to be the camaraderie displayed by the employees; everyone was in more-or-less good spirits at work.
I loved working here
Manager, Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 8, 2016
I loved working here so much. They were my family for years, my work family was even close with my real family!! They were great with compensation, time off, personal time, everything. Honestly not one bad thing. I only left this position because after so long in management, I wanted to pursue something where I could be home before 11pm.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McAlister's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9