McAlister's Deli

McAlister's Deli United States Employee Reviews

Fun work place with great employees
Line Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNApril 24, 2015
Pros: discounted lunch
This is a great place to work. Everyone is really like a family and does their best to help each other out so it is a smooth a successful work day. It can be hard at times when there is a rush, but that's what you would expect at any food place. Over all it is a great place to work, with great management always willing to go the extra mile to make sure their employees have the training they need and are rewarded when deserved.
OK place to work, but that's about it...
Front of House (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAApril 24, 2015
Pros: relatively friendly staff
Cons: Short (if any) breaks, high pressure environment
Typical day (front of house): Ring orders up on register, run food, clean tables, and take orders over the phone.

While working there, I learned a lot about customer service/how to handle situations in which people are unhappy and angry.

Dealing with people is both the most enjoyable and hardest part of working there. Customer service can be tricky sometimes, but it does get a bit easier.
Great Employer; Diverse Environment means its never a dull moment!
Cashier (Current Employee), Ruston, LaApril 17, 2015
I Work in a Great diverse Environment. I learn new things each day. I am familiar with the menus and new promotions. The management are very helpful and hands on. I enjoy being apart of a team that values its employees.
Associate (Current Employee), Beavercreek, OHApril 17, 2015
The staff is fun to work with and Iook forward to going to work. The environment and atmoshere is fun, warm, and enviting.
Typical Restaurant expierence
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 15, 2015
Keep your pace and customer service up, work hard and smile. That's all it takes to work here. It's not rocket science just an hourly wage and a job.
If wanting to work up to management I would say it's a great place to do that. I personally just wasn't wanting that for myself.
Poor workplace
Server/Runner (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 14, 2015
There was a lot of drama at this job. Management let employers show up late, dressed unruly and use profane language in front of customers. Would never go back to this chain.
Enjoyed leading and working with the other employees
Shift Leader (Former Employee), McCalla, AlabamaApril 13, 2015
As a Shift Lead, I monitored the day-to-day operations on my shift to ensure proper customer service was provided and employees performing tasks at a fast-pace while maintaining accurate meals to customers. This position was the ground I built on for my leadership skills as it was my first opportunity to lead others and I would have to say that I performed this tasks very effectively.
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment
Cons: No free food
This is a wonderful place to work, which provides the opportunity to work with other people who are trying to make McAlisters a better deli. There is wonderful food, drinks, and appetizers.
Great job, needs organization
Server (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 9, 2015
I think this is a great place to work and i really enjoy my job. The hardest part of this job is simply staying organized and communication with fellow employees. Management and employee relationships could be better.
Easily works around school and family time
Manager (Current Employee), Gainesville, FlApril 8, 2015
Pros: availablity
Cons: lack of growth
McAlister's Deli is a great job for any college student. Management works with you and around your schedule to ensure both yours and the company's needs are met. Unfortunately the raises and promotions are hard to come by.
Wonderful place to work
Cashier/Server (Current Employee), Florence, SCApril 6, 2015
Pros: Employee Discounts
Cons: Small dinning area
McAlister's Deli is a wonderful place to work, even though it's a new franchise in the Florence, SC area. All of my fellow co-workers are kind and friendly. I must say management have zero tolerance for unfriendliness. Management is very strict about what expectations they have about us. We have a "pre-shift" all the time and it's explained thoroughly so there's no excuse!! I enjoy working at McAlister's!!
Decent Job for my first one
Front of House (Former Employee), Addison, TXApril 1, 2015
This job wasn't really all that special. To me it was just a place that I went to go and make money. It didn't feel like there was any chance for advancement or raise and I'm not even sure the manager knew my name. I'm not saying the work itself is bad. The place is always busy and the time passes fast.
Easy Work opportunities for advancement
Assistant Manager, Catering Coordinator (Current Employee), Dothan, ALMarch 30, 2015
good company to work for, plenty of opportunity to moved up in company. decent pay, but a bit stressful at times. awesome people in the corporate office.
McAlisters Deli Review
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 27, 2015
after working there for four years i have grown to really love this job, although there were things i didn't agree with.

would recommend this as a first time job
Great exprience!
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 20, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Not enough hours
I loved working here because meeting new people is a wonderful experience. The food is amazing and there is a large variety of choose from.
Under pay
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: paid vacations and health insurance
Cons: poor pay and lack of a proper raise
I would open the line of the restaurant, help prep the line, and coordinate employees to work in the most efficient way. I learned to work with others in a very stressful environment.
First Job
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 19, 2015
A great first or part time job. You get serving experience and you have a lot of fun. The staff, management, and regulars are what really makes the job an amazing place.
Easy Job, Good Hours
Manager (Current Employee), South CarolinaMarch 17, 2015
Nothing complicated, not a hard job in the building, but not as much money as other restaurants. No crazy late nights, or early mornings.
always busy, never had down time
cashier (Former Employee), odessa texasMarch 17, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks and people didn't show up on time
this job was always busy. never had time for breaks or mistakes. it was lovely i loved seeing our usual customers. the job it self was easy but time consuming. the people were always nice as well as my co- workers and managers.
It was definitely a typical job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARMarch 5, 2015
The customers were great, the employees, just as great. Teamwork was always the objective. The management, was, a little off.. Not all managers, just a couple.

1 2 3 4 5