McAlister's Deli Employee Reviews

Fast paced, rude, & little pay
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZOctober 21, 2017
Management was poor, pay was low, no benefits, very disorganized, always rushing, rude workers, but most customers were nice & free food was definite.
Pros
Free & discounted food
Cons
Management was poor, breaks almost non existant
Fun workplace and friend environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2017
Mcalisters is a friendly and amaizing workplace to work in. It doesnot stresses you out and you can work with flexibility.
The manager gives employe discounts thats the best part.
Positive Work Place
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 17, 2017
Nice employees fun place to wrk, very busy at times but easy work.Can be a bit stressful at time s but overall is a nice environment to work in. I worked for the McAllister's in Memphis an later moved here an transferred to the branch in Lawton, Oklahoma....
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Very little help
Great first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 17, 2017
This is a great first job for any teenager or young adult! Not too difficult, but a fast enough work environment to learn responsibility and maturity not to mention good hospitality skills.
Busy workplace
Waitress/Cashier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Shiloh, ILOctober 17, 2017
What I loved about working at Mcalisters Deli was being able to interact with different guests every day. Making sure that they are always served in a timely manner. Very fast-paced and busy workplace at times but the most enjoyable part of working at Mcalisters was making new friends along the way.
Not a family oriented workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 16, 2017
Great company to start a career with if you don't have a family or kids. The hours are long and you have to work every weekend unless you are the General Manager. The GM works Monday-Friday and maybe one weekend a month.
McAlister's Deli
Server (Former Employee) –  21st & Yale - Food ServerOctober 12, 2017
Was my first job. It was an okay experience since I was close friends with one of my coworkers. It was consistently busy and stressful. Good overall location.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
The job itself was not that bad
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCOctober 12, 2017
It was the managers, poor staffing, low hours, and inconsistent schedules that are the reasons I left the job. It is a bit unorganized and can be very stressful at times.
Well..
Shift Leader/Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 12, 2017
It can go one of two ways. It it very busy and stressful during lunch. Closing the kitchen was always a breeze though . It's an okay place to work.
unproductive, job for college students or high school
Manager (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSOctober 10, 2017
typical day was ordering truck for the store, inventory, prep, cooking and making food to order, training new employees as new employees were hired in kitchen, counted drawers at end of day or end of lunch rush, wasn't paid enough for the responsibilities at hand
fast past and fun
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 10, 2017
The morning shift was all about prepping and getting everything ready before the we opened. There was always a rush no matter the day of the week because people come there on break. Also you had to learn where stuff goes and how to make the different foods.
Decent
Closing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 9, 2017
Overall not bad. Bad management but that doesn't reflect the company as a whole. Sometimes they would make you work 39 hours a week just so they wouldn't have to consider you full time with benefits.
fun job
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSOctober 9, 2017
Great environment to work in and a very strong bond between employees. Managers can be a little power thirsty at times but over all its an amazing place to work
cool place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 8, 2017
good first jobwould reccomend a friend to work here managers were easy going and if you needed days off you were most likely to get them off. they are very flexible
managements
BOH Team Member (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 7, 2017
the food is way to much and the managers are rude and hateful when asking for help from the boss's they just look at you and walk away and talk bad about the crew
Great place to work only if your managers guaranteed you have a job the next day
Back of House Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 6, 2017
I really enjoy the back of house management they do the best I can to keep everything going away should but the main guy that runs the place has threatened several of us with our job for no reason we do the best we can and then you have people coming in doing inspections telling everybody that they're not going to lose their job so we don't know if we have jobs or not half the time
Pros
Great environment great place to work
Cons
You will receive constant threats about your job
nope
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLOctober 5, 2017
dont work there, managment does not care about there employees.
stay away, low pay as well. they want you to break your back for pennies . managment is inexperienced.
Not for College students or people wanting to make a career
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 4, 2017
This job seemed good at first, but there was absolute no growth or chances for raises or moving up. I was there a year and I worked over 50 hours a week and when I got nothing from it I decided to shorten my hours and focus on college. Then the managers started to target people they didn't like and move up the ones they liked and would let rumors and other things behind the scenes happen causing tons of drama and stress. The managers never helped when things got really bad in the kitchen. They do not train you they expect you to learn out of watching coworkers and want you to be a master in a week of hire.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Hard hours, no breaks, no raises, no growth, no meal, poor training, etc.
High paced resturant.
Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 4, 2017
The staff are extremely rude at times. Nothing ever changes. When i first started it was ok. The GMs changed 3 times. The last GM to get to the store knew nothing. He would leave early. And i wouldn't be set up for the night shift. Super stressful shifts.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No breaks, rude work staff.
Very Stressful Enviorment
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 3, 2017
When I started to work in the front I noticed the disorganized routine they had going on. Management seemed to be on edge most of the time. Training was also very unorganized.
Pros
Discounted Lunch for Eatin
Cons
Unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McAlister's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9