McAlister's Deli

McAlister's Deli Employer Reviews

An enjoyable productive place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2015
I'd come to work , say hi to the people i passed and got to work. The first thing i'd do is take out the trash . then I would start on the dishes.The job wasn't too hard but you are exposed to hundreds of peoples germs daily and The chemicals you use eat your skin. The best part of the job was that I was alone for most of my shift and the free brownies and cookies I got.
First job!
Head Cashier/Greeter/Closer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day of work for me was to come in make sure that everything was prepared for the evening shift. I greeted customers as they entered the building and took there orders. If there were specific "regulars", I would place their orders before they even reached the counter. This created "Raving Fans". I learned how to use my newly found customer service skills. My co workers were awesome. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet the entire time. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my customers happy.
Good work flow
Waitress (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 12, 2015
Good Managers
Productive and fun workplace
Good Co-Workers
Good Guests
I like working there
Fast paced

The hardest part of the job is when you ring up the food wrong or bring out the plate of food to the guest and its wrong.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see the satisfaction on the guest's faces and they write a good review.

A typical day at work is kind of slow at first and then it gets really busy around lunch time then starts to slow down. It's slow for a couple of hours with a few guests trickling in and a few call-ins and then it gets busy around dinner time.

It makes me personally happy to see the guest's fully satisfied, to see a good review written, and to hear them say that it was outstanding!!
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be prepping lemons, baking cookies, counting out my cash register, and making sure everything was in order. My co-workers were experienced and helpful. Management was understanding of school schedule and was flexible. Hardest part of the job was carrying the plates of food, which became easier. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and seeing regulars come in.
Productive and a fun working environment
SHIFT MANAGER/KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee), Bartlett, TNJanuary 7, 2015
McAlisters taught me alot about responsibility, and I gained most of my customer service skills while being a manager within this company. Very team oriented, and they strongly care about their employees
Productive work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Richland, MSDecember 31, 2014
A typical day is at the cash register or taking guest their food.
CASHIER (Former Employee), Auburn, ALDecember 15, 2014
Wonderful place to work to get experience in customer service
I learned how to multitask with different things my co-workers were wonderful the hardest part of my job was trying to do my job and others also
Fun and fast pace
Food Prep/Cashier (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXNovember 30, 2014
This job has a lot of fun co workers that make the day go by quick. But at the same time there is a lot of work maintaining your work area and taking care of the guest. The best part of this job is that you work attire consist of a work t-shirt and your choice of blue jeans.
Productive and Family oriented work environment
General Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 23, 2014
A typical day on the job would include maintaining a crew of 10 to 15 people. Maintaining a great customer employee relationship. Placing produce orders and making money deposits.
Asst. Manger / Catering Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no time off
supportive work family and flexible work hours. an average work day is very busy and filled with teamwork, everyone is treated equal. I've learned how to work together and serve guest. the hardest part was working in a fast pace environment.
High paced,great food, fun people to work for
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Bessemer, ALNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches paid vacations
Cons: healthcare/in store growth
The work is not hard but the company is hard to grow with-in.It took me almost five years all tho, I've trained many managers in that time.I've learned a lot about the restaurant business on how to successfully open and close one.
Busy and fun work environment
Front of House Employee (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of taking orders and running food along with clearing tables of dishes and making sure your customers were satisfied.
productive and fun work place
Cook (Current Employee), South Bend, INOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch, flexible hours
Cons: short breaks sometimes no breaks at all
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Rosenberg, TXOctober 13, 2014
Opening job duties, getting FOH in order. I have learned that no job is easy, but can be fun and exciting if you allow it. Management is great, as well as co-workers.
Fun place but needed more advancement
Food Prep Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 8, 2014
It was a good starting place for me once I moved back home to Virginia
Awesome
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Sherman, TXOctober 7, 2014
Awesome place to work, the hardest part is carrying plates and drinks without spillin
Already Done
Production Manager/Associate Manager (Former Employee), Roswell, GAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: already done
Cons: already done
Great atmosphere with the employees. A lot of work with long hours. I learned many aspects for the restaurant industry.
Consistant working enviroment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Richland, MSSeptember 30, 2014
Managers were a little too flirty. Pay was not good at all. Not worth driving to work.
Great High School Job
Head Shift Leader (Former Employee), Fishers, INSeptember 29, 2014
This was a great job I could work throughout High School. It was good hours and good work environment
It's like being in high school all over again
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, provide meals when working doubles, and close relationships
Cons: inconsistent and poor management, always short staffed, low pay with no benefits or chance to advance in career
This job is for people still in high school that don't take their job serious, having health insurance or paying bills is not a problem, are not effected by rude customers, and don't really care if they work or not. You could write a novel about how horrible and unprofessional the management and staff are there. Any one who does work there and take their job serious deserves better. You will be taken advantage of your dedication and sacrifices. The long hours of non-stop out the door line of people and low pay really wears on you and drains the life out of you. This job is a good starting job for anyone who has never worked (teenagers), and just needs experience.

1 2 3 4 5