McAlister's Deli

McAlister's Deli Employee Reviews

Mcalister's Deli - Shift Leader
Line Cook (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 29, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of opening, operating, and closing the deli in Statesboro. While working at Mcalister's I learned the proper procedures of basic line cook duties. Also receiving trucks with product to be placed in coolers for prep work. Management was experienced, and easy to work with. Created a culture that made the deli a comfortable environment. My co-workers were very easy to communicate and work alongside. I was a shift leader so I was placed in a leadership role and my co-workers respected that. The most difficult part of the job were the heavy rushes we would get from people visiting the nearby university. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I was able to build.
Stressful and life consuming job with little compensation.
Store Manager and Franchise Trainer (Current Employee), Indianapolis,INJune 26, 2015
I love my job when it comes to training. Now that I am a trainer, it is nice to teach an idea and have employees buy-in to the idea so much that they then start teaching it and it moves forward. I started with my original store in Bloomington and I am now watching the training progress to all locations.

However, I work 50-70 hours a week (depending on the flow level) and it can be very stressful. It is a company that has grown in such a short time frame that they are now trying to work on stability and instilling standards in all locations to create fluidity across the franchinse when it comes to the brand and the McAlister's code.
A fun working environment
Shift leader of the kitchen (Current Employee), Jackson, TNJune 18, 2015
a typical day at work would be providing great customer satisfaction while also enjoying laughter with the customers and co workers.
Great place to start
Key Hourly Team Lead/Catering Assistant (Former Employee), N Richland HillsJune 10, 2015
It was a great place to begin my career, great advancement. However, not consistent. The company is like bambi trying to walk for the first time, steady at times, wobbly the rest
Manager (Former Employee), TexasJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great team, free lunch
Cons: No loyalty from upper management
I loved my team! They were the best. Days were extremely busy. Definitely not compensated for the hours/work put in. No training program in place, so employees often felt lost. Very high turn over rate.
Try and Live through Office Politics
General Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 9, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Healthcare cost rising, maybe being cut out. High turnover, poor pay.
This COULD be a very good job..... The brand is simple and easy to run. Great menu and client base... However.... Ownership is disorganized and is plagued with good ole boy syndrome. You cant escape the office politics. Poor labor budget, always short staffed because no one will stay, managers, employees, district manager, etc.
LOVE my McAlister's family
Cashier (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 8, 2015
McAlisters is a great place to work but you can easily feel stuck and like you're not moving up when you should be. But everyone truely cares and help each other out.
Fast paced and fun job
Server (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJune 1, 2015
A typical day on the job required me to greet customers and take their orders. If I was moved to the back I would take customers their food and occasionally take order if the store was busy. I restocked anything that was running low and when it was time for me to get off I would clean the bathrooms or refill the tea before I left.
Heavy work load but with fun people
cook (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Pay, work load
Honestly, the place could use a lot of work. Cooks are worked to death with no compensation and pay isn't well, either. The co-workers were great, but other than that, I would not recommend it.
A fast-pace work environment but also a fun environment
Trainer (Current Employee), AuburnMay 28, 2015
Pros: Can get free food, easy enough work
Cons: Minimum wage job and sometimes demanding, physically and mentally
Some days are very busy and some days are exceptionally slow, but it's not hard work and sometimes it's kind of fun. Management is good, co-workers are great. I've learned all about working in customer service and kitchens. The hardest part is the super busy days, and the most enjoyable part is interacting with my co-workers.
Fun workplace, Compliant with schedules
Server & Cook (Current Employee), San AntonioMay 26, 2015
Management is new, and knows less than employees that have only been there for three months. Pretty simple job in the front of house, back of house can be demanding during a rush. Very low chance for advancement and the pay is below average, raises are out of the question without promotion. Doesn't allow overtime.
Very clean and fun work environment
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, planned trips, management and co-workers
Cons: School/work life balance
A typical work day for me was about 6 hours. I learned how to operate cash registers, serving, and food preparation. The most enjoyable part of this job was the management and co-workers.
Manager (Current Employee), Mt. Pleasant, SCMay 3, 2015
I like working here, they are great with working around school schedules and other jobs. Relaxed place so good for a first job, but as manager gets a little more involved.
went out of business
barista (Former Employee), woodland waApril 28, 2015
loved my scheduled and customers. made good tips on top of min. wage. management was a joke. could never get a hold of them. was paid late a lot of the time. they shut the shop down without telling anyone. just locked up and left one day.
Fun work place with great employees
Line Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNApril 24, 2015
Pros: discounted lunch
This is a great place to work. Everyone is really like a family and does their best to help each other out so it is a smooth a successful work day. It can be hard at times when there is a rush, but that's what you would expect at any food place. Over all it is a great place to work, with great management always willing to go the extra mile to make sure their employees have the training they need and are rewarded when deserved.
OK place to work, but that's about it...
Front of House (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAApril 24, 2015
Pros: relatively friendly staff
Cons: Short (if any) breaks, high pressure environment
Typical day (front of house): Ring orders up on register, run food, clean tables, and take orders over the phone.

While working there, I learned a lot about customer service/how to handle situations in which people are unhappy and angry.

Dealing with people is both the most enjoyable and hardest part of working there. Customer service can be tricky sometimes, but it does get a bit easier.
Great Employer; Diverse Environment means its never a dull moment!
Cashier (Current Employee), Ruston, LaApril 17, 2015
I Work in a Great diverse Environment. I learn new things each day. I am familiar with the menus and new promotions. The management are very helpful and hands on. I enjoy being apart of a team that values its employees.
Associate (Current Employee), Beavercreek, OHApril 17, 2015
The staff is fun to work with and Iook forward to going to work. The environment and atmoshere is fun, warm, and enviting.
Typical Restaurant expierence
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 15, 2015
Keep your pace and customer service up, work hard and smile. That's all it takes to work here. It's not rocket science just an hourly wage and a job.
If wanting to work up to management I would say it's a great place to do that. I personally just wasn't wanting that for myself.
Poor workplace
Server/Runner (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 14, 2015
There was a lot of drama at this job. Management let employers show up late, dressed unruly and use profane language in front of customers. Would never go back to this chain.

1 2 3 4 5