McAlister's Deli Employee Reviews

McAlister's Deli
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 21, 2017
This was by far my favorite job outside of sales. The management was great as well as the rest of the employees. Very clean for a kitchen and i had a lot of fun working for this company.
Pros
Decent amount of breaks, occasional free food.
Cons
None.
Sometimes Fun, but Overworked and Underpaid
Server (Former Employee) –  Signal Mountain, TNApril 20, 2017
It was a busy, busy place to work. The hard part was that when it was overly busy, manager's stress levels would cause them to lash out at employee's. We sometimes didn't have what we needed and I would often run errands for management.

There were great friendships and I am still friends with a lot of the people I met while working there. I did enjoy the times we were able to laugh and talk.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Over worked, Under paid
A productive workplace at McAlisters Deli
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work would be taking orders from every customer that comes into McAlister's Deli. I have learned to cope with many different personalities and I have understood that everyone does not feel the same way as you through out the day. The hardest part of this job will be making everyone happy at the same time. The most enjoyable part of this job will be knowing that you have accomplished the hardest part at the end of the day.
Fun and relaxed place to work, worked well with schedules
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 19, 2017
I was whats called a "runner", I would take customers orders and run the food out to them. I would also refill their drinks and make sure that their visit was as enjoyable as possible.
Pros
worked well with schedules, great staff
Cons
constantly getting called in
A great place for anyone to work. Very friendly people. Excellent managers. Good pay.
Cashier/Cook/Dishwasher/Prep (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXApril 18, 2017
At Mcalisters Deli I learned how to work, socialize, be patient, cook, count money, and so much more. The managers were always looking for a way to help if you had any problem. They were hard on us but that made us better workers. The workplace is very friendly. The hardest part of the job was being fast and on time with cooking the meals. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my high schools friends.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
short breaks
Productive and friendly workplace
Prep cook (Current Employee) –  Odessa texasApril 18, 2017
Mcalisters has been a great job experience for me, i love the people i work with but i see no advancement for me in my job position and we do not get pay raises.
Pros
Free drinks, sometimes free food if we earn it
Cons
I dont get breaks, we have no benefits
great place to advance
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 17, 2017
i worked there for 4 years and while the customers weren't worth it, the experience was. the best and most caring kitchen staff and management you could ask for.
Productive and fun environment for students
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 15, 2017
A typical day at work is when the restaurant is filled with students coming in and out enjoying our food and atmosphere. Also the normal and loyal customers enjoy coming in for just a glass of our famous sweet tea. I learned that this every workplace has it's ups and downs but you have to learn how to look pass those things and just enjoy your job and make the customers happy. That's the most enjoyable part of the job is making customers happy and satisfied with their experience at McAlister's Deli.
Pros
Free tea day, several incentives for free tea or lunch
Cons
No breaks
Productive and Great place to work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 14, 2017
Training managers and staff. Helped me learn customer service and registers. Hardest part was the heavy lifting. The coworkers were friendly and helpful. Best part was working the expo.
Pros
Great pay, Friendly coworkers
Cons
Short Breaks, Crazy schedualing
Decent workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 13, 2017
Working here wasnt bad at all until the last day. Other than that, it was a great place to work at. Very friendly people and a great working enviroment.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
No Break

Want to know more about McAlister's Deli?

Ask a question
enjoyable and home away from home
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 12, 2017
From the time the door opens it's a fast pace, smiling, continous fun and hellos for all with great tea. Everybody is a ball of fun. Never a dull moment with fuel for the fire.
Pros
happy environment, a taste of home
Cons
needs a larger kitchen
Good part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 11, 2017
McAlister's has great management on both the local and district level. Pay is negotiable and there are plenty of opportunities for advancement given the initiative. The customers are loyal and were always easy to interact with. The overall environment is very welcoming and professional.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Busy shifts
Horribly Managed
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2017
Absolutely no raises in the company, hard to advance, pick inexperienced employees to manage restaurants while higher up management does not help what so ever. The turn out rate is outrageous. and management does not stick around. Work days are usually 11-12 hours a day.
Fair and fun place to work.
Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 11, 2017
This job can be fun if you enjoy working with people and as a team. It is cut-throat in the respect that if you don't want to excel at your job, we are likely to cut hours find someone else who will.
Pros
Discounts, fair compensation
Cons
Can be stressful
Great place
increase restaurant sales (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 11, 2017
It was very hectic at times but it was a great place to work. You must be pretty flexible and work well under pressure. I would serve/buss food and clean.
Fun and friendly enivorment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 8, 2017
It's a good job and the people are very friendly. It's a good enivorment for learning and having fun while working. The peopme make you feel aprt if the team right off the bat and they all have great personalities and are very understanding. They help you and work with you until you understand. They make sure you are comfortable before throwing you into the lions den.
productive, fun staff, poor compensation
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 8, 2017
owner provided poor quality of life, poor compensation, although there was a fun staff, with productive environment. unfair treatment of employees through management team, showed a lot of favoritism
good company, questionable management
CASHIER/WAITRESS/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 7, 2017
I had the pleasure of working for the company and I was happy, I was getting good hours, decent pay with a raise every 6 months or so. Once the location I worked for changed GMs however it went downhill, The GM was rude and would shorten your hours to make you quit so he could bring in prepicked employees from his other store and give them instant promotions. it started good ended bad.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed working there. They are busy at lunch and keep you on your toes. Making sure the food looks good and that its the right order . Managment is supportive. How far you want to go with the company is up to you...
Pros
FREE TSHIRTS TO WORK IN, DISCOUNTED MEALS
Cons
DONT GET TO KEEP TIPS
Culturally Diverse and Great Enviorment to grow professionally
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAApril 5, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of at left two major rush sessions of customers, and a pretty quite day in between. I learned how to handle a customer's complaint more effectively, and how to manage my time. Management is aware of your individual situations, so they understand if you need a more flexible schedule. The most difficult part of the job was multitasking between cashier and other positions. The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving great reviews.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, can work around school schedules
Cons
always short on staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McAlister's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.