McAlister's Deli Employee Reviews

Love It
Cashier/Cook/Runner/Busser (Shift Leader) (Former Employee) –  Shiloh, ILApril 25, 2017
McAlister's was my first job and I have no complaints about the job. Everyone is fun to work with there and they make your day. My reasoning for leaving was going to college. If i weren't in college i'd still be there
Awesome place to work BUUUTTTTTT.....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed working here the customer was so sweet and friendly but the problem came with the management. They want to over work and disrespect you for the little amount of pay they offer you 7.50 is not enough to be downgraded because u don't wear a collar shirt. Be Aware thanks...
Pros
Good customer
Cons
Management staff
Great place to work with good food.
Waiter and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXApril 24, 2017
My experience at mcalisters has improved my communication skills significantly. My coworkers have provided a safe and appropriate working environment.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Busy
front of the house Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 24, 2017
This was a high school job that I was able to progress quickly with lots of different opportunities to excel. Enjoyed my day to day schedule, if it was not for me graduation and moving out of town I would have worked here longer.
long hours, not enough employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 24, 2017
It is a great place to work, but the work life balance really isn't there. If you have a family, or trying to save marriage don't work for this company as a manager. They expect way more out of managers than normal places do. You are supposed to work 50 hours, end up working 60-65,
benefits
Cons
long hours, not enough labor for employees
Good pay for highschool student
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSApril 23, 2017
I had fun working here and getting to know my customers! We had a big military community, so many customers would return for lunch or dinner! Enjoyed being able to be a part of being able to make their stay at our restaurant enjoyable.
Pros
Discounted lunch/dinner
Cons
No benefits, crazy late hours
McAlister's Deli
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 21, 2017
This was by far my favorite job outside of sales. The management was great as well as the rest of the employees. Very clean for a kitchen and i had a lot of fun working for this company.
Pros
Decent amount of breaks, occasional free food.
Cons
None.
Sometimes Fun, but Overworked and Underpaid
Server (Former Employee) –  Signal Mountain, TNApril 20, 2017
It was a busy, busy place to work. The hard part was that when it was overly busy, manager's stress levels would cause them to lash out at employee's. We sometimes didn't have what we needed and I would often run errands for management.

There were great friendships and I am still friends with a lot of the people I met while working there. I did enjoy the times we were able to laugh and talk.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Over worked, Under paid
A productive workplace at McAlisters Deli
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work would be taking orders from every customer that comes into McAlister's Deli. I have learned to cope with many different personalities and I have understood that everyone does not feel the same way as you through out the day. The hardest part of this job will be making everyone happy at the same time. The most enjoyable part of this job will be knowing that you have accomplished the hardest part at the end of the day.
Fun and relaxed place to work, worked well with schedules
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 19, 2017
I was whats called a "runner", I would take customers orders and run the food out to them. I would also refill their drinks and make sure that their visit was as enjoyable as possible.
Pros
worked well with schedules, great staff
Cons
constantly getting called in
A great place for anyone to work. Very friendly people. Excellent managers. Good pay.
Cashier/Cook/Dishwasher/Prep (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXApril 18, 2017
At Mcalisters Deli I learned how to work, socialize, be patient, cook, count money, and so much more. The managers were always looking for a way to help if you had any problem. They were hard on us but that made us better workers. The workplace is very friendly. The hardest part of the job was being fast and on time with cooking the meals. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my high schools friends.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
short breaks
Productive and friendly workplace
Prep cook (Current Employee) –  Odessa texasApril 18, 2017
Mcalisters has been a great job experience for me, i love the people i work with but i see no advancement for me in my job position and we do not get pay raises.
Pros
Free drinks, sometimes free food if we earn it
Cons
I dont get breaks, we have no benefits
great place to advance
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 17, 2017
i worked there for 4 years and while the customers weren't worth it, the experience was. the best and most caring kitchen staff and management you could ask for.
Productive and fun environment for students
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 15, 2017
A typical day at work is when the restaurant is filled with students coming in and out enjoying our food and atmosphere. Also the normal and loyal customers enjoy coming in for just a glass of our famous sweet tea. I learned that this every workplace has it's ups and downs but you have to learn how to look pass those things and just enjoy your job and make the customers happy. That's the most enjoyable part of the job is making customers happy and satisfied with their experience at McAlister's Deli.
Pros
Free tea day, several incentives for free tea or lunch
Cons
No breaks
Productive and Great place to work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 14, 2017
Training managers and staff. Helped me learn customer service and registers. Hardest part was the heavy lifting. The coworkers were friendly and helpful. Best part was working the expo.
Pros
Great pay, Friendly coworkers
Cons
Short Breaks, Crazy schedualing
Decent workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 13, 2017
Working here wasnt bad at all until the last day. Other than that, it was a great place to work at. Very friendly people and a great working enviroment.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
No Break
enjoyable and home away from home
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 12, 2017
From the time the door opens it's a fast pace, smiling, continous fun and hellos for all with great tea. Everybody is a ball of fun. Never a dull moment with fuel for the fire.
Pros
happy environment, a taste of home
Cons
needs a larger kitchen
Good part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 11, 2017
McAlister's has great management on both the local and district level. Pay is negotiable and there are plenty of opportunities for advancement given the initiative. The customers are loyal and were always easy to interact with. The overall environment is very welcoming and professional.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Busy shifts
Horribly Managed
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2017
Absolutely no raises in the company, hard to advance, pick inexperienced employees to manage restaurants while higher up management does not help what so ever. The turn out rate is outrageous. and management does not stick around. Work days are usually 11-12 hours a day.
Fair and fun place to work.
Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 11, 2017
This job can be fun if you enjoy working with people and as a team. It is cut-throat in the respect that if you don't want to excel at your job, we are likely to cut hours find someone else who will.
Pros
Discounts, fair compensation
Cons
Can be stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McAlister's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.