McAlister's Deli Employer Reviews

CASHIER (Former Employee), Auburn, ALDecember 15, 2014
Wonderful place to work to get experience in customer service
I learned how to multitask with different things my co-workers were wonderful the hardest part of my job was trying to do my job and others also
Fun and fast pace
Food Prep/Cashier (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXNovember 30, 2014
This job has a lot of fun co workers that make the day go by quick. But at the same time there is a lot of work maintaining your work area and taking care of the guest. The best part of this job is that you work attire consist of a work t-shirt and your choice of blue jeans.
Productive and Family oriented work environment
General Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 23, 2014
A typical day on the job would include maintaining a crew of 10 to 15 people. Maintaining a great customer employee relationship. Placing produce orders and making money deposits.
Asst. Manger / Catering Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no time off
supportive work family and flexible work hours. an average work day is very busy and filled with teamwork, everyone is treated equal. I've learned how to work together and serve guest. the hardest part was working in a fast pace environment.
High paced,great food, fun people to work for
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Bessemer, ALNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches paid vacations
Cons: healthcare/in store growth
The work is not hard but the company is hard to grow with-in.It took me almost five years all tho, I've trained many managers in that time.I've learned a lot about the restaurant business on how to successfully open and close one.
Busy and fun work environment
Front of House Employee (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of taking orders and running food along with clearing tables of dishes and making sure your customers were satisfied.
productive and fun work place
Cook (Current Employee), South Bend, INOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch, flexible hours
Cons: short breaks sometimes no breaks at all
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Rosenberg, TXOctober 13, 2014
Opening job duties, getting FOH in order. I have learned that no job is easy, but can be fun and exciting if you allow it. Management is great, as well as co-workers.
Fun place but needed more advancement
Food Prep Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 8, 2014
It was a good starting place for me once I moved back home to Virginia
Awesome
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Sherman, TXOctober 7, 2014
Awesome place to work, the hardest part is carrying plates and drinks without spillin
Already Done
Production Manager/Associate Manager (Former Employee), Roswell, GAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: already done
Cons: already done
Great atmosphere with the employees. A lot of work with long hours. I learned many aspects for the restaurant industry.
Consistant working enviroment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Richland, MSSeptember 30, 2014
Managers were a little too flirty. Pay was not good at all. Not worth driving to work.
Great High School Job
Head Shift Leader (Former Employee), Fishers, INSeptember 29, 2014
This was a great job I could work throughout High School. It was good hours and good work environment
It's like being in high school all over again
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, provide meals when working doubles, and close relationships
Cons: inconsistent and poor management, always short staffed, low pay with no benefits or chance to advance in career
This job is for people still in high school that don't take their job serious, having health insurance or paying bills is not a problem, are not effected by rude customers, and don't really care if they work or not. You could write a novel about how horrible and unprofessional the management and staff are there. Any one who does work there and take – more... their job serious deserves better. You will be taken advantage of your dedication and sacrifices. The long hours of non-stop out the door line of people and low pay really wears on you and drains the life out of you. This job is a good starting job for anyone who has never worked (teenagers), and just needs experience. – less
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Waco, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Managed a rotating 35-40 member team

Cost of Sales and P and L experience
Fun workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Paducah, KYSeptember 11, 2014
Always had something to do, and Mark was a great person, sad that the business with out of business or id still be there
I like the work it was mostly the same everyday two rushes a day
Follow Direction from team lead and management (Former Employee), West Monroe, LASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: cool people
Cons: management can be shifty
see summary working there was alright for a restaurant in my opinion
Never again
Table Buser (Former Employee), Starkville, MSSeptember 1, 2014
managers didn't care about anything outside of work; went to military summer camp and when i returned i didnt receive any hours for over 2 weeks even after i talked to the managers and let them know i was back in town and ready to work
Cashier and Server (Former Employee), Tulsa, OkAugust 31, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, discounted food
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work would consist of being greeted by a friendly manager and other co-workers. I welcomed every customer with a smile and a welcome, I then waited until they were ready to place their orders and I would assist them with any questions or offer suggestions on the menu to help them with their experience. I also had basic cleaning duties – more... that included: sweeping, cleaning windows, busing tables, scrubbing the floors, and cleaning the restroom. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with other co-workers while sharing a friendly connection with our guests; I however, did not find anything about my job experience too difficult. I learned a lot about patience, friendly customer service, time management and maintained a friendly, hard work and always busy attitude. – less
Fun and challenging place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAAugust 31, 2014
Fun family environment. Busy but have to love customer service

1 2 3 4 5