McAlister's Deli Employee Reviews

Loved this job
Server (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMay 21, 2017
This was one of my favorite jobs I have had. The only thing is I wished I was able to get more hours. However they make it easy to move up the ladder if you show the initiative of wanting it.
Pros
Great co workers, customers, food, and discounts.
Cons
Not a lot of hours.
THis place sucks
Line Cook/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 20, 2017
very fast paced and communication sucks
I don't learn anything
managment sucks really bad
hardest part of the job was clocking in
the best part was clocking out
easy job, easy money, and very close to home
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 19, 2017
I enjoyed working my job, it was never difficult and was close to home. I got a couple of raises from my hard work, so I was pleased my work was rewarded.
Pros
discounts, meeting new people
Cons
shift hours, negative co-workers
first food service job
Waiter/Bus boy (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2017
I enjoyed this job. It was easy to be a waiter/bus boy. Customers were always nice, but the manager at the time was really rude to everyone. I wouldn't recommend this place.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Its an okay place to work , very easy.
Cashier/Runner (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 18, 2017
Working at mcalisters is fast learning, easy, some co-workers and managers are okay to work with. Fast-paced . Packed every day during lunch and dinner hours.
Pros
30% discount
What You Would Expect
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 18, 2017
Working at the cash register, running food, acting as a server, and bussing tables was not awful. The environment was friendly and fun generally, and the food is excellent, which makes it easy to be satisfied.
Pros
Discounted food, free drinks
Cons
Little or no breaks
Not a good atmosphere
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAMay 18, 2017
The management causes a lot of drama. Also, they hire high school students who always need time off but complain because they work weekends. That also makes it harder for those not in high school because the high school students call out often.
Pros
dddddd
Cons
dddddddddd
Great entry level job to get into the industry
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 18, 2017
I had a wonderful manager who truly made work fun. A lot of room to learn and advance in the store. Unfortunately the store management changed and created a total different work environment.
2 locations 2 different expierences
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
I worked for 2 different McAlister's and I got 2 different experiences. I learned that your job is only as enjoyable as your manager. People don't quit jobs they quit managers
Productive and fast paced workplace
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 17, 2017
McAlister's Deli has a good environment to work in, friendly people to work with and fantastic food. I enjoy my work schedule and the flexibility of my hours and my ability to advance and travel in the workplace.
good
Busboy/Server (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALMay 17, 2017
The management was great! All the people there are fantastic to work with. I would not trade my time there for anything in the world. It was literally great
Busy but community-oriented place to work
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 16, 2017
A typical day at work as a server consisted of delivering orders to customers and maintaining a clean and organized restaurant. McAlister's was typically most busy around lunch and dinner time and during the weekends workers can expect to be very busy. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the lunch rushes whenever we were understaffed but the most enjoyable part was getting to form relationships with coworkers and customers who regularly visit and enjoy your service and meals.
Go for it
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 15, 2017
It is a pretty good job, if it is a first job, go for it. I have experienced getting sick in the past and being forced to still come in and work. Some days it is extremely busy while other days or slow, it is always a toss up. There are regulars that you get used to and eventually attached to.
Pros
30% off meals and free drinks while working
Cons
Poor communication, short breaks
Decent pay for student job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCMay 15, 2017
I worked at the McAlister's Select on Appalachian State's campus for over a year. Overall I enjoyed the work environment as I got to work with other students and learn about what it takes to work on a team. Typically the first rush would come at noon and could very challenging depending on the competence of those on the shift. It was very frustrating when certain employees would not pick up the slack and forced other workers to act outside of their duties to keep the operation running smoothly. I learned a lot of multi tasking and staying on top of several stations at once. I also worked closely with the manager on morning prep shifts and began to perform many duties similar to a student manager before I left.
Pros
Free beverage
Cons
Incompetent coworkers, very busy
Not the best, not the worst place to work
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMay 14, 2017
Started off as a pretty good place to work but eventually got boring. Same thing every singel day and nothing new or exciting. Manangment would get mad at you if you relaxed for a single second. Had to constantly walk around and pretend to do something even if there is nothing to do.
Pros
Discounted meal, create your own schedule, easy work
Cons
Not engaging work, all tips must be put in a jar that then goes to charity
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 14, 2017
Working at Mc Allisters I met new people. I had a great experience. I would come in and do my daily duties. I would also make sure all customers are happy.
Pros
30% off
Cons
no breaks
Not fun.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 13, 2017
Slow workplace. Not very many hours. Managers are unprofessional and lazy. GM unprofessionall and does not know how to talk to employees. Store not clean.
McAlister's is a fun and nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 13, 2017
McAlister's Deli is a good place to work the coworkers and managers are very nice people also we are very busy with is good for our business. They give you very good hours.
Fun and interactive place to work. Best for peple still on school or jave another job
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMay 13, 2017
Employees and employers alike are great to work with.eau going environment. Not very strict and are super friendly. I would recommend working at this location
My Most Satisfying Work Experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 13, 2017
It was those I worked with who made the difference here. My coworkers were a true delight to see whenever I arrived for my shift(s), and Lord knows, there aren't many workplaces you can say that about. The work itself was relaxed; there really wasn't a whole lot of stress, except maybe during the peak lunchtime hours. And McAlister's pays better than your average eatery: of the two paychecks I received every month, I was able to pay my rent with the first one alone, with plenty of money still left over from that check.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McAlister's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9