McAlisters Deli

McAlisters Deli Employer Reviews

Great work environment!!!
Shift Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 20, 2015
My over all work experience at McAlisters was great!
My coworkers were great people it was more of a family setting. Everyone worked as a team and you don't get that to often nowadays.
A hard days work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Clinton, MSDecember 21, 2014
A typical day at my job is not really bad at all. I work at night time so we do not really have a lot of customers until the weekend. I learned that everyone has a job to do no matter how little everyone's job is important. The managers are good. Some do more than others but they all have the same line of duty. My co-workers are alright, I do not have a problem with any of them, I just want to go in and do my job until it is time for me to get off. The hardest part of my job is really trying to get everyone's order exactly the way that they ordered it so that they do not complain and send it back to the kitchen or ask for their money back. The most enjoyable part is working with the ones that do their job like they are suppose to and do not play all day. I love people that can multitask.
Productivity with a great atmosphere
Team Leader (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great crew, employee meals, great food
Cons: no breaks, hot in kitchen
A typical day consist of coming in preparing all prep that will b needed that day & night. Which if needed, a manager will assist and make sure things are ready at the time needed. Co-workers are great, usuall 8/10. The way they come together and ehlp each other when needed shows they care about their job and each other. 1 of the hardesy things about the job is the company so busy and go thru so much product its almost impossible to have a truck delivered
with the right amount of product. 2nd would be dealing with the heat in the B.O.H(back of house). The A.C hadnt worked in years and somestimes it's almost unbearable. The most enjoyable part would be working with the Managers and employees, they all are really great group of people.
Great place
cook (Former Employee), Sherman, TXSeptember 5, 2014
McAlister's is very professional and organized clean and safe and awesome food.
Tried to keep the work place a fun but safe place that my employees enjoyed coming to work.
Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Front Royal, VAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: decent pay close to home just had a child.
Cons: no health care, needed more control of company the owner lived in maryland.
Normally arrived at 7 am to start the day. Turn on everything. Put out cash drawers. Review my applications for the week. Depending on the day of the week I had to either do payroll, go to the bank, call in truck order, inventory, put out a daily cleaning chart along with making a schedule for the day of who was assigned what station.
Friendly Customer Service and Work Enviroment
Team- Leader, Cashier (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: tips, discount on food, great atmosphere
Offered friendly customer service and greeting customers while taking food orders. I sometimes gave advice on some of the products they may want to try. I learned responsibilities in the back of the house. Including prep, and preparing food orders, as well as being an expeditor (checking the orders before the customer gets it).
FUN FAST PACED AND GREAT PEOPLE
Server (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 27, 2014
IT WAS FAST PACED AND I ENJOYED THE PEOPLE I WORKED WITH. I WAS ALWAYS CLEANING OR CUTTING UP FOOD. IT NEVER GOT OLD. THE BOSSES WERE AWESOME CARING PEOPLE.
Fun environment, friendly people, great benefits
Manager (Former Employee), Midland, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches, plenty of break time.
Cons: long days, and not to much time for myself.
At work, my day would start with getting the store organized and ready to go for the day. I double checked the money in the drawers and made sure the openers had everything opened for the morning. I learned a lot of management skills, people skills, and money skills. All in which will be of great value to me my whole life. The people i worked with were very enthusiastic and if they needed help in such areas, i would gladly be there to help them out in any way they needed. The hardest part of my job hard to have been dealing with some of the negativity that comes with being in management. But what was most enjoyable about working at Mcalisters was the fast-paced flow, and the friendly air.
Productive Company
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Abilene, TXJune 26, 2014
I would love to work for this company again and maybe being a General Manager
Fun work place but not enough employees
courtesy clerk (Current Employee), Fenton, MOJune 2, 2014
Pros: management and co workers are great people
Cons: amount of employees
At McAlisters work use to be a lot more fun since we had plenty of workers but now we have very few so the job has became more than its worth only being paid 8.25 an hour,
FUN FUN FUN
Server/Waiter/Cashier (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 19, 2014
High Energetic Atmosphere...............................................................................................................
productive
Back Of House (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: no benefits but a small discount on food and free drinks. hard to get promotions
everyday was different on how busy there place would be. when i first started management there was horrible, noone got raises or promotions no matter how hard you worked, and the very few people who did get raises or promotions, got them by partying with management. towards the end of my time working there, management was so much better, people were getting raises and promotions, i got 3 raises within 8 months, but not everyone was being recognized for the jobs there were doing, making it where some people got promotions before other people did when they deserved it more then the people who got the promotion. i learned how to make well over 100 different items in the many years i was there, menus would change every 6 months or so. so new items would come and go and old items would go. hardest part of the job was working and not getting fully recognized for my abilities and always getting looked over for promotions even tho i worked there longer and earned it more. most enjoyable part was being able to work with some amazing people that im still friends with
Nice Customers
Manager (Current Employee), Flowood, MSMarch 4, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: have not received proper compensation, w2's, or a paycheck stub for about 2 years.
I find this company to be great for individuals who are either in school, or taking a break from school.
The promotions come over time, usually during a personnel change. Also, Knowing the AD or one of his cohorts helps. The compensation is low.
Most employees leave after a short time, usually due to harassment or illegal business practices.
Great place to learn and earn in a restaurant enviornment.
Baker (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: coworkers become freinds
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work started with pure sincerity and interest from my coworkers in asking me how my day was going.
Good workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), 7 different stores 5 different citiesJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: great workplace
Cons: was bought out
I worked anytime of day opening and closing the store. Ran shifts placed my employees for each work day. I learned how to manage in any different enviroments and got to do it at an early age. Only bad part was you had to move to multiple places to help with new stores but that was what was needed so I did it.
Productive Business
Front of House Associate (Former Employee), Northport, ALJanuary 9, 2014
Management was not the best. my co workers were very friendly and were always on time. I learned how to serve a table correctly.
Resturaunt world
Front of house worker (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJanuary 8, 2014
This was my first dose of dealing with the funs of working in a resturaunt. I enjoyed the many skills i learned from cooking to cleaning to bringing smiles to everyones face. This job was very fun and the managers were good natured people.
Best restaurant to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: needed more money
Was Scheduled all the time and had fun at work. Although the pay wasn't great
fun place to work at !!!!!!
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Georgetown TxDecember 27, 2013
Great caring staff !!!! Was a great adventure!!!! The managers were so professional it was a professional setting!!!! well worth my while!!!
Fluff Job
Part Time-Paid (Former Employee), Lawrence KSNovember 2, 2013
This is your typical food service industry fluff job.

You can meet some fun people to work with, but hopefully this isn't a career choice

1 2 3