McCain Foods USA Employee Reviews

fast paced
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIJanuary 6, 2018
fast paced,friendly environment, clean. I enjoyed working for this company. I wish i would of stuck it and worked there for long as i could of, but due to problems i was having in my life, it just didn't work out
Fast paced job
Onion Separtor (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJanuary 4, 2018
The shift that i worked on was crazy. The people that i worked with were so negative and mean. It was fun at times but then other times it would be so bad.
Good Company to Work For
Tax Manager (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 4, 2018
Company is going through many changes to become a more desirable company to work for. Is moving towards a company that encourages internal growth and HR has developed some great tools to help support this initiative.
I worked 2 jobs while employed I went to school to move on
QA Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDJanuary 1, 2018
Mccains was a good employer. I got paid good and had health insurance. But once my kids were raised I went to school to get into healthcare which satisfied my soul.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
no advancements
no review
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Plover, WIDecember 29, 2017
Wouldn't mind if I could get more used to the schedule. I do not want to write a review, but the site will not let me move on without something here.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
schedule
Potato
General housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIDecember 21, 2017
You work 12 hour shifts, 2-2-3. Sorting product in extremely cold conditions. Lot of standing. The pay is good, What make the place is the employees. Middle management is not good. But they run the show. Never is it their fault, always employees.
managent sucks
Shaker room attendant (Former Employee) –  burley idDecember 2, 2017
my manager was unfair and wrote me up so he would not have to take the fall for not taking the tunnel down for defrost when i told him to and the work itself is slow and boring.
work
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Plover, WINovember 11, 2017
As a line operator - the satisfaction of a day of the production that was put out, and knowing that many people will be eating the product that was just released. (weighing product, imputing data into computer, driving forklift, relaying messages to supervisors, and other workers). The people are of all different races. To get along with everyone , a person has to be a team player. I am presently employed at this company for 31 1/2 years. I have enjoyed my time there and seen many families grow up.
Pros
great pay and advancement
Stressful
Onion Separator (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WINovember 8, 2017
Management didn't care that it was 90 plus degrees in the factory until 10 or 11pm.
Certain line leads refuse to let you get drinks from water fountains, even though you're getting heat exhaustion.
Drama in the workplace.
Short breaks
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, too hot
Good company
Raw Materials Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WINovember 5, 2017
It was either slow and boring, or the shift is done?! (fast). Time management was learned, the culture was great, and the management was great. The rotten onions was the hardest job to handle, most enjoyable was the laid back feel, but was serious.
Poor management. High turn over. Lots of drama and kid behavior.
Separator (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIOctober 25, 2017
I work on C crew where some girls are a group of bullies. They bully their line lead all the time. When the line lead asks them to stay on the line and do their work, the girls run to the office and act as tho they have been attacked. They even bawl and put on a show.
The line leads are scared to even do anything now as these bullies harass other employees at work and on social media.
As a separator I feel I have to do my job and the bullies jobs too because they won't do their jobs and no one makes them.
Our managers keep yelling at the line lead for making the bullies cry. They aren't crying for any reason besides to play victim when they are harassing a ton of people at work.
The shift supervisor has pretty much gave up and hides in the office. She only yells at the line leads but otherwise she won't discipline any one else on her shift.
Some of us plan to quit or change shifts. We are done dealing with work bullies. I can't even go on break without the bullies bad mouthing coworkers all break. It's too stressful and negative working here now.
I wouldn't recommend this place unless you want to be mistreated for 12 hours a day. Then get harassed on social media by your coworkers.
Today the line lead had to apologize to the group. Alledgely if you have a deep male voice, you sound scary and it makes the bullies cry and pretend to be scared by a deep male voice. So now the line lead is being asked by management to change his tone to be less scary.
It shows you management is worthless when bullies are able to ask a man to change his voice at work .
Pros
Not much positive here
Cons
Mean girls who gang up on people. Lack of management.
This company does have many perks.
SAP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDOctober 25, 2017
I love my position and the work I do. However, for my particular position there isn't many opportunities to move up.

Also, the graveyard shift is taking a toll on me and my personal life.

I need a change in that regard.
poor management no improvements
MAINTENANCE (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIOctober 17, 2017
this facility has very poor management always demands so much out of there workers with no reward for their hard work. management is always gone when they are needed and always on vacation.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very poor management group
Excellent place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 10, 2017
Challenging and fast paced. New challenges everyday. Good leadership and excellent benefit packages. Enjoyed my time working there and would recommend them to anyone.
Mccain food
Trim coordinator (Current Employee) –  Othello, WAOctober 2, 2017
Work is what you make it. Long hours but can't beat 2days work 2days off. Then you work every other weekend. A set schedule it great for balancing "life" and "work"
Pros
Always able to move up, if you put in the work.
Cons
Working with others is sometimes difficult. Some personality's will clash.
High turn over
Worker (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WISeptember 21, 2017
It is a revolving door of employees. The company cannot keep employees.

They have no control over their workers. Workers stand around and talk for 12 hours. Onion ring quality is horrible.

Definitely avoid this place.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
High turn over.
long and slow but good money
Onion Separator (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WISeptember 18, 2017
The 12 hour days are long and tiring but the paychecks are pretty good. Could be a job for other people but it was not the right fit for me. The days just seemed to go on forever.
Pros
Benefits, Good Pay
Cons
Long days
Hardest Part of the Job
Line Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIAugust 30, 2017
Having to work with onions, sometimes the scent of onions would make you tear up. Also, having to come home with the scent of onions on all of your clothing after work.
Pros
Pay was really good
Cons
Scent of the onions
Challenging, demanding, fast-paced
Backup Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 29, 2017
The morale was low because of ever changing upper management. It is a fast paced environment with multiple duties and responsibilities. The pay is competitive with other manufacturing companies. It has a diverse cultural environment with a multitude of different ethnic groups. It was physically demanding and fast paced. I was challenged both mentally and physically and they promote within.
Pros
Employee discounts, 8 hour shifts
Cons
Short breaks, management
Employee, were awesome
Lab upgrade, general laborer (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIAugust 27, 2017
Actually I would still be working, but after 9 years of employment, they were going to put me on nights. So I had to retire. Very disappointed in the place.
Pros
Cons
breaks ok, in some areas