McCain Foods USA

McCain Foods USA Employee Reviews

One of the best jobs I've had.
Sorter Inspector (Current Employee), Burley, IDJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good pay, decent benefits
Cons: inconsistency in management and training priority
I will show up at work, listen to the morning meeting, put on what ever Personal Protective Equipment I would need for the day and get started. The hardest part of my job is the monotony; I look at potatoes all day long. I've learned the danger chemicals can do is worth whatever minor inconvenience putting on extra PPE would cause.
The management in McCain Foods is hard to classify. The ones who are good at their job are very good. Others seem to not care unless something goes wrong.
The benefits and pay are extremely competitive for this area, but I understand the union had to scratch and claw to get them.
Great Co
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJune 17, 2015
Great company to work for with great benefits. Co-workers and management were great. Has a great work life balance. Lots of changes within the organization, that has caused lots of senior management changes.
Great company with great people
Exec. Assist. to Chief Science & Tech Officer (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJune 9, 2015
I enjoyed learning and working with great people at McCain. It was extremely hard to leave and will miss the work and the people.
Good place to work in Northern Maine
Snow Removal (Former Employee), Easton, MEMay 23, 2015
When I worked at McCain's there were around 500 employees. Being a food company that dealt with potatoes they would offer potato food items in the cafeteria for very good. I worked with decent people and the work was physically demanding which was nice.
Productive and hardworking day
Supply Chain Data Analyst (Former Employee), Lisle, ILMay 11, 2015
Pros: Loved working with great employees
Cons: Temp
A typical work day consists of making sure invoices are properly entered and accurate. Once information was entered, have to properly filed.
Fast paced, everchanging work schedule, Great people.
Production Lead (Current Employee), Grand Island Ne.April 20, 2015
Pros: Free Luches from time to time. good people.
Cons: Lack of breaks due to workload. work weekends all summer every summer.
A typical day at work is very busy checking current production numbers and comparing to quality specifications, run schedules, and various other production goals. Work closely with Line Techs to help resolve any problems to not only reach company goals but exceed them, Directly supervise up to 50 employees, addressing any concerns and questions they may have. I have learned how to manage different types of people and personalities. My coworkers have an excellent concept being a team. The hardest part of my job is having to make weekend work mandatory due to production needs.
Management at McCains at times seems not to care for employee needs as much as I think they should. I understand the vision and direction of the company. I attend many meeting with management and have good working relationships with all management at my facility. I enjoy working with all the different departments and different personalities.
Great management team, great company to grow with
Sr. Production Manager (Former Employee), Othello, WAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great management team
Cons: Limited promotions
McCains has been a great company to work for. They offer a challenging work environment which keeps ideas and work ethic fresh. They believe in the customer as the driving force behind their business. The pay and benefits are good to above average in the same industry. The management team is fair and honest.
nice place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Othello, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: co workers where good people
Cons: growth potential slowed with the merger
Duties include configuring and he setting-up of hardware,
Troubleshooting various systematic errors, including,
operating the AS 400 program.
-responsible for various Sr. Level and lead Technician
responsibilities
Promotion available
Trade Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Lisle IlMarch 20, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: no ability to work from home in this position
Deductions, claims processing, rebills, bill backs, off invoicing, finance credits, over payments. Covering the West Coast accounts working with sales, brokers to process deductions in a timely manner.
Steady work, good people
Snow Removal (Former Employee), Easton, MEDecember 16, 2014
I worked on the Snow Removal team, sanding parking lots, removing snow from the rooftops, and refilling sand containers.

I learned how to better work with a team.

The management was kind and understanding when I had to call out due to an illness.

My co-workers were good people. They were hard workers and made it easy to fit in with the rest of the team.

The labor behind the job was the most difficult part of working at McCain's but I enjoyed it none the less.

Getting to work overtime and make the extra money was a plus.
Great work/life balance
Trade Claim Analyst (Current Employee), Lisle, ILNovember 23, 2014
Great place to work. Challenging yet rewarding. I learn new and challenging information daily. Management is helpful and easy to get along with.
Great people to work with.
Electrician/Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee), Grand Island NENovember 10, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: not very up to date on technology.
Ok place to work. I learned a lot about pneumatics and how to trouble shoot them. I enjoy working there.
Clicky
Packaging Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Plover, WIAugust 10, 2014
Pros: reduced product purchase
Cons: bad management
Hard to fit in. Bad work schudele What could I say I didn't fit in
Started at and entry level position and worked and promoted up into Supervision
Production Supervisor Packaging (Former Employee), Othello, WAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: kept me busy all day and made me feel good going home knowing goals had been met or exceeded
Cons: had to deal with disgruntled employees
A typical day at work was never the same, some days busier than others, I learned different areas of the Packaging department starting from entry level and working up through the ranks eventually promoting into Supervision. I had good co-workers who were team oriented and like to challenge themselves to achieve goals. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with disgruntled employees, and the most enjoyable part of the job was going home feeling good knowing I worked hard to earn and contribute to what the team had achieved for the day.
Great team to work with.
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Plover, WIJuly 23, 2014
The team at Plover has developed good practical ways of using Lean Manufacturing principles without getting hung up on Lean jargon. The process control team does an excellent job of focusing on an area and improving it.
Twelve hour work days time off during the week.
Operator Relief/Clean Up Specialist (Former Employee), Plover, WIJune 2, 2014
Learned to be a Fryer Operator,Cutter Deck operator,Knowledge of chemical handling.
Broken moral of employees
Shift Safety Coach (Current Employee), Easton, MEFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: health insurance and many other incentives
Cons: always short on employees and most people dont like there jobs.
A lot of people don't like there jobs the turn over rate is really high.
Private Company with can do attitude
Global SAP Business Process Expert MRP and PP (Current Employee), Lisle IllinoisDecember 20, 2013
McCain Foods has been an extremely gratifying experience to apply the can do attitude. We truly believe in the idea of failing and trying is okay but failing to try is not okay.
Great company
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee), Burley, IDOctober 14, 2013
Potato processing plant in Burley, Idaho. There are over 600 employees.
VP Sales for Retail and Store Brand Frozen Potatoes
Vice President Sales (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2013
Pros: national exposure to key retailers
Cons: limited new item development
Responsible for sales and profits of store brand potatoes. Established new customer base following the purchase of a facility in the Western US.

Responsible for establishing and growing a new branded entry in the Northeast and the Midwest. Reported the first profit in the history of any company brand.

1 2 3

About McCain Foods USA

No small-fry, McCain Foods is the #1 French fry maker in the world, processing about 1 million pounds of fries and other potato – Read more

McCain Foods USA Salaries