McCain Foods USA

McCain Foods USA Employer Reviews

Great work/life balance
Trade Claim Analyst (Current Employee), Lisle, ILNovember 23, 2014
Great place to work. Challenging yet rewarding. I learn new and challenging information daily. Management is helpful and easy to get along with.
Great people to work with.
Electrician/Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee), Grand Island NENovember 10, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: not very up to date on technology.
Ok place to work. I learned a lot about pneumatics and how to trouble shoot them. I enjoy working there.
Clicky
Packaging Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Plover, WIAugust 10, 2014
Pros: reduced product purchase
Cons: bad management
Hard to fit in. Bad work schudele What could I say I didn't fit in
Started at and entry level position and worked and promoted up into Supervision
Production Supervisor Packaging (Former Employee), Othello, WAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: kept me busy all day and made me feel good going home knowing goals had been met or exceeded
Cons: had to deal with disgruntled employees
A typical day at work was never the same, some days busier than others, I learned different areas of the Packaging department starting from entry level and working up through the ranks eventually promoting into Supervision. I had good co-workers who were team oriented and like to challenge themselves to achieve goals. The hardest part of the job was – more... having to deal with disgruntled employees, and the most enjoyable part of the job was going home feeling good knowing I worked hard to earn and contribute to what the team had achieved for the day. – less
Great team to work with.
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Plover, WIJuly 23, 2014
The team at Plover has developed good practical ways of using Lean Manufacturing principles without getting hung up on Lean jargon. The process control team does an excellent job of focusing on an area and improving it.
Twelve hour work days time off during the week.
Operator Relief/Clean Up Specialist (Former Employee), Plover, WIJune 2, 2014
Learned to be a Fryer Operator,Cutter Deck operator,Knowledge of chemical handling.
Broken moral of employees
Shift Safety Coach (Current Employee), Easton, MEFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: health insurance and many other incentives
Cons: always short on employees and most people dont like there jobs.
A lot of people don't like there jobs the turn over rate is really high.
Private Company with can do attitude
Global SAP Business Process Expert MRP and PP (Current Employee), Lisle IllinoisDecember 20, 2013
McCain Foods has been an extremely gratifying experience to apply the can do attitude. We truly believe in the idea of failing and trying is okay but failing to try is not okay.
Great company
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee), Burley, IDOctober 14, 2013
Potato processing plant in Burley, Idaho. There are over 600 employees.
VP Sales for Retail and Store Brand Frozen Potatoes
Vice President Sales (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2013
Pros: national exposure to key retailers
Cons: limited new item development
Responsible for sales and profits of store brand potatoes. Established new customer base following the purchase of a facility in the Western US.

Responsible for establishing and growing a new branded entry in the Northeast and the Midwest. Reported the first profit in the history of any company brand.
n/a
Trade Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Lisle, ILOctober 9, 2013
Good group of people to work with. Learned several new systems - AS400, SAP, Blacksmith and more.
Not a good paying job for my experience,work history and schooling.Does not allow overtime and lots of shut downs.
Maintenance/Machine Operator (Current Employee), Grand Island, NEOctober 4, 2013
Pros: good insurance
Cons: to many broken promises
Get moved from job to job different pays, not good. Learned how to run my own line and supervise. And how the business works. Also do QC inspections. Manage several employees on my line and make sure they are trained and doing they're job properly.
management disconnect
cold room forklift operator (Former Employee), packaging dept.September 20, 2013
Pros: just a good company to work for in my living area
Cons: the common battle over production numbers, and front office safety procedures.
I think McCain Foods was a great place to work , the pay is good , great hours, good benefits, always generous with holiday down time. good people, the only issue i had with the plant is there is no printed copies of handbooks to confirm company policies, The front office has one set of policies, And production has there own procedures, the two conflict, – more... and in my case, i was stuck in the middle, unaware of what the front office had set for driving policies – less
Was fun and challenging working.
MRO Attendent (Former Employee), Plover, WISeptember 18, 2013
Was fun and sometimes challenging working with maintenance to find parts. With new people it was a challenge to myself to try and find a part that was used on a machine in the old system and then to be able to find it in the new system.

There were many things to keep up with during the day. Things were always changing. There were repairs to be sent – more... out, charge outs to be done, Helping our new lead worker showing her how things were done. – less
Decent Wages and benefits
Maintenance Mechanic, Packaging Support (Current Employee), Appleton, WIAugust 19, 2013
The wages are comparable to local companies. Co-workers are knowledgeable and trained. I served my WI Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship.
Factory setting
Prime Fryer Operator (Former Employee), burleyAugust 18, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: being hurt also not being abel to attend college with my work schedule
A typical day at work was something always had to go wrong with the machines that were being operated I had to react in these situations at a very high speed at the same time being as safe around my work area as possible. I most enjoyed knowing I was cooking a product that would reach the entire world something that was way bigger than me.
Great place to gain skills for other jobs
Poly Operator (Former Employee), Houlton, MEApril 28, 2013
Pros: ability to buy product at a big discount
Cons: the hours, since it was not forty hours a week
Learned that if you worked hard, supervisors and managers notice and move a person around a lot more. Most of the co-workers were nice and friendly and knew each other quite well. The part I disliked about this job was the drive. The part I liked most about this job was the friendliness of everyone who worked there.
Material Support/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Fort Atkinson, WIApril 10, 2013
Pros: hours, wages
Cons: costly health insurance
Multi task jobs, learned how to drive a forklift.
Help breaking people on diffrent jobs.
Great job security and Lots of overtime
Maintenance (Current Employee), Appleton, WisconsinMarch 31, 2013
All in all McCain Appleton is a very good place to work you have good job security but work alot. 12 on 2 off is the norm.
Management claimed open door policy, never saw it.
Quality Control (Former Employee), Plover, WIMarch 9, 2013
Pros: decent wages
Cons: 12 hour shift, uncaring managers
The pay was good. Like any plant, there were co-workers that were not always pleasant. Management was not readily available. The 12 hour shifts were the hardest part, my co-workers the most enjoyable part.

1 2 3

About McCain Foods USA

No small-fry, McCain Foods is the #1 French fry maker in the world, processing about 1 million pounds of fries and other potato – Read more