McCain Foods USA Employee Reviews

Sanitation Worker/ Lab technician (Current Employee) –  Easton, MEMarch 14, 2017
I have been working for McCain foods for a long time,its a great company to work for. They offer room for growth and advancment, as well as awesome benefits.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAMarch 14, 2017
I like working there at McCain. I was working for two years with them the job was easy. The staff there was good to. And if I could go back I'll go back to work for them
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks healthcare
Great advancement opportunities
Maintenance Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WI; Rice Lake, WI; Othello, WAMarch 7, 2017
McCain invests in people. They provide education and job advancement opportunities. My work was challenging, and varied. I was allowed to be instrumental in change management and leadership.
Pros
Confirmation of value from management
Cons
The amount of mandatory overtime
Good Place to work
Boiler and Refrigeration Utility (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDFebruary 7, 2017
Good working environment, good pay and good benefits. Typical work is is a 12 hr day with rotating days off. There are 4 shifts 2 day shifts and 2 night shifts. Days rotate so employees will have every other weekend off.
Mccains
Poly Operator (Current Employee) –  Easton, MEJanuary 24, 2017
Excellent Company to work for great benefits. I believe that I could potentially excel here and move up within the company quickly. Management and staff are relaxed. Employees are fun to work with.
Excellant
Poly operator (Current Employee) –  Easton, MEDecember 27, 2016
Excellant place to work, good environment, and moderately developed safety culture. Competitive pay and advancement. Great hours and family conducive. Very good benefits
Easy and Productive Place to Work
Produce Inspector (Current Employee) –  Plover, WIDecember 7, 2016
Enjoyable co-workers
Don't have to deal with customers
Learning new things
Decent paced work
Love getting a small workout while I do my work
Like that I'm keep busy constantly
Pros
Flexible schedule
Successful Work Enviroment
Environmental Monitoring Technician (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 5, 2016
Good place to work, not a lot of job advancement opportunities. Need to take advantage when new openings arise. The workers are very nice, and hard workers.
Ok
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDNovember 29, 2016
Good place to work good people good plant environment
Decent pay all holidays off once a month chance for overtime
Don't like insurance
This was a great place of employment
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Colton, CANovember 17, 2016
This company was one of the best places of employment, it downsized in 2010 and my position was eliminated due to financial circumstances. I learn the greatest experiences in the Human Resources department.
Food processing facility. It is what it is.
Utilities Mechanic - 3rd shift (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 28, 2016
Any review I give, being as I am the only person with my job title, can possibly be used against me. Until I can be anonymous or outside the influence of this company, I do not feel I can truthfully give a statement.
Pros
Quarterly product sales if you like deep fried appetizers, In maintenance the money is much better than production.
Cons
I was told I'd be doing something else when I was hired, This is not what I signed on for.
mangement
Shaker Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDSeptember 24, 2016
the mangement here is aweful probaly the worst job i have ever had the only reason i am still there is the pay and that is it and thats barely keeping me here
Pros
pay
Cons
managemet benefits cant have a full break
Family Orientated
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 21, 2016
McCain is a good place to work! It is just hard to advance and I believe the policies/HR need revamping because they are out dated.
Pros
The people!
Cons
Not a lot of room for growth.
Great people you work WITH, horrible people you work FOR.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJune 22, 2016
McCain Foods is a good paying job, but they don't care about their employees at all. The job is all about producing product and they sacrifice quality for quantity. The upper management are horrible and do not do a very good job managing the plant.
Not a ideal place to work with people with opinion and ambition
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEApril 13, 2016
The most disorganized company with very poor to no training for new hire the stress of this job isn't enough for the pay too much of everything and all over the place.
Nice people but...
Case loader, poly op, palletizing (Former Employee) –  Easton, MEApril 9, 2016
You work like a farm animal, the training is minimal, long hours, plant closes frequently.
Lots of favoritism, feel unappreciated.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lack of training, work you like a Grand Canyon mule
My experience at McCain Foods
Packaging Operator+back up processing operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEApril 8, 2016
Working at McCain Foods was an experience. They have a lot of opportunities for growth, and they also have opportunity to make bonuses. They also get involved in fund raisers for the community. There are some people who work there that still care about the company
Pros
You meet new people
Cons
People started going from quality to quantity.
Great teamwork with the chance to give opinions
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Innovative Services, Inc.March 7, 2016
I would love to have a great support system. Working with others is an awesome way to get different opinions and extremely nice to have when in need of advice on certain issues. Teamwork is key.
Pros
Support system within the company, teamwork, open door policy
Fast and sometimes unpredictable
Raw Materials Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIFebruary 24, 2016
A typical day was laid back and mostly predictable, but sometimes, there were days that uncertain. I learned how to improve my multitasking and communication skills. Sometimes, management could have better communication and patience with employees and delivery drivers (when it got stressful). The co-workers were great and they were treated like family and we had fun being around each other. The hardest part of the job was taking a weeks vacation. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the tasks done early.
Pros
Overtime and co-workers
Cons
Late semi's and the plant closing
It was ok
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 10, 2016
Getting a summary from 2nd shift on how the lines were running and if there was any problems during the time. I learned the process of making food products and the qualities on which it goes through. Management and co-workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was the investigations for missing objects. The moes enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers as team players.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCain Foods USA. Our community is ready to answer.

McCain Foods USA Reviews by Location