McCain Foods USA Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for on the foodservice side of the business. The industrial side was a challenge as it isn't a focus area.
Industrial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 20, 2015
Overall my experience was satisfactory. McCain main focus is and always will be the potato and appetizer business. The focus on the specialty vegetable business isn't there core business and or focus.
Its nice to be a utility operator because it changes every day of what you do.
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDNovember 25, 2015
Job was great with good pay but having layoff with isn't a good thing when need to pay bills. I enjoy that everyday i was able to do a different job including driving hyster and running equipment as well as fixing some machines.
Pros
Pay was great and people were good.
Cons
no sick days and only can miss 5 days a year even if sick before you get into trouble.
over all a good place to work
Line operator technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WINovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with and have learned alot over the years. I was given alot of great opportunities to grow, and they do alot of positive things for their employees.
benefits
I liked working a McCains, i wish I could stay
operator utility/line lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIOctober 29, 2015
I do work hard but I have a good salary. We have a work out room that can be used after work. My manager is fair and honest. I will miss the people that I work with when the doors close
Pros
Good benefits, good pay good location
Cons
Factory closing
Why I like working at McCain.
Control Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Othello, WAJuly 24, 2015
Productive and fun, because I get along with everybody; no dull moment and makes the night goes fast of course with productive and happy employees.
What I have learn at McCain Foods is how to work safely, McCain never fails to implement everyone about safety. Safety is #1 priority at McCain and at McCains' "Nothing we do is worth getting hurt for" and I'm so lovin' it this kind of principle.
Pros
Uniform and shoes allowance.
Cons
No personal sick days.
One of the best jobs I've had.
Sorter Inspector (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDJune 30, 2015
I will show up at work, listen to the morning meeting, put on what ever Personal Protective Equipment I would need for the day and get started. The hardest part of my job is the monotony; I look at potatoes all day long. I've learned the danger chemicals can do is worth whatever minor inconvenience putting on extra PPE would cause.
The management in McCain Foods is hard to classify. The ones who are good at their job are very good. Others seem to not care unless something goes wrong.
The benefits and pay are extremely competitive for this area, but I understand the union had to scratch and claw to get them.
Pros
Good pay, decent benefits
Cons
inconsistency in management and training priority
Great Co
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 17, 2015
Great company to work for with great benefits. Co-workers and management were great. Has a great work life balance. Lots of changes within the organization, that has caused lots of senior management changes.
Great company with great people
Exec. Assist. to Chief Science & Tech Officer (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJune 9, 2015
I enjoyed learning and working with great people at McCain. It was extremely hard to leave and will miss the work and the people.
Good place to work in Northern Maine
Snow Removal (Former Employee) –  Easton, MEMay 23, 2015
When I worked at McCain's there were around 500 employees. Being a food company that dealt with potatoes they would offer potato food items in the cafeteria for very good. I worked with decent people and the work was physically demanding which was nice.
Productive and hardworking day
Supply Chain Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 11, 2015
A typical work day consists of making sure invoices are properly entered and accurate. Once information was entered, have to properly filed.
Pros
Loved working with great employees
Cons
Temp
Fast paced, everchanging work schedule, Great people.
Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Grand Island Ne.April 20, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy checking current production numbers and comparing to quality specifications, run schedules, and various other production goals. Work closely with Line Techs to help resolve any problems to not only reach company goals but exceed them, Directly supervise up to 50 employees, addressing any concerns and questions they may have. I have learned how to manage different types of people and personalities. My coworkers have an excellent concept being a team. The hardest part of my job is having to make weekend work mandatory due to production needs.
Management at McCains at times seems not to care for employee needs as much as I think they should. I understand the vision and direction of the company. I attend many meeting with management and have good working relationships with all management at my facility. I enjoy working with all the different departments and different personalities.
Pros
Free Luches from time to time. good people.
Cons
Lack of breaks due to workload. work weekends all summer every summer.
Great management team, great company to grow with
Sr. Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Othello, WAMarch 30, 2015
McCains has been a great company to work for. They offer a challenging work environment which keeps ideas and work ethic fresh. They believe in the customer as the driving force behind their business. The pay and benefits are good to above average in the same industry. The management team is fair and honest.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Limited promotions
nice place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Othello, WAMarch 25, 2015
Duties include configuring and he setting-up of hardware,
Troubleshooting various systematic errors, including,
operating the AS 400 program.
-responsible for various Sr. Level and lead Technician
responsibilities
Pros
co workers where good people
Cons
growth potential slowed with the merger
Promotion available
Trade Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle IlMarch 20, 2015
Deductions, claims processing, rebills, bill backs, off invoicing, finance credits, over payments. Covering the West Coast accounts working with sales, brokers to process deductions in a timely manner.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no ability to work from home in this position
Steady work, good people
Snow Removal (Former Employee) –  Easton, MEDecember 16, 2014
I worked on the Snow Removal team, sanding parking lots, removing snow from the rooftops, and refilling sand containers.

I learned how to better work with a team.

The management was kind and understanding when I had to call out due to an illness.

My co-workers were good people. They were hard workers and made it easy to fit in with the rest of the team.

The labor behind the job was the most difficult part of working at McCain's but I enjoyed it none the less.

Getting to work overtime and make the extra money was a plus.
Great work/life balance
Trade Claim Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILNovember 23, 2014
Great place to work. Challenging yet rewarding. I learn new and challenging information daily. Management is helpful and easy to get along with.
Great people to work with.
Electrician/Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Island NENovember 10, 2014
Ok place to work. I learned a lot about pneumatics and how to trouble shoot them. I enjoy working there.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
not very up to date on technology.
Clicky
Packaging Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIAugust 10, 2014
Hard to fit in. Bad work schudele What could I say I didn't fit in
Pros
reduced product purchase
Cons
bad management
Started at and entry level position and worked and promoted up into Supervision
Production Supervisor Packaging (Former Employee) –  Othello, WAJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work was never the same, some days busier than others, I learned different areas of the Packaging department starting from entry level and working up through the ranks eventually promoting into Supervision. I had good co-workers who were team oriented and like to challenge themselves to achieve goals. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with disgruntled employees, and the most enjoyable part of the job was going home feeling good knowing I worked hard to earn and contribute to what the team had achieved for the day.
Pros
kept me busy all day and made me feel good going home knowing goals had been met or exceeded
Cons
had to deal with disgruntled employees
Great team to work with.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plover, WIJuly 23, 2014
The team at Plover has developed good practical ways of using Lean Manufacturing principles without getting hung up on Lean jargon. The process control team does an excellent job of focusing on an area and improving it.