McCalla Raymer, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Great people to work with
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAOctober 5, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company, because of the nice people there. Everyone was very helpful in helping others understand what being a payroll analyst was all about.
Energetic, Multitasking
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 4, 2015
A typical day:

Enjoy acquiring knowledge to advance in position.
Willing to teach computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)

Management:
I have a desire to advance in a position but first learn how employees interact and receive feedback from their perspective.

The most enjoyable part of the day:

Working closely with employee, achieving goals, and staying business.
Pros
Since acquiring my MBAB, I want to achieve higher goals.
Cons
If I cannot learn a knew concept in a work related environment, I am not a happy person.
Great workplace enviorment
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2015
Working for McCalla Raymer LLC was a great experience. I had to opportunity and ability to interact effectively with people on all levels. McCalla Raymer is a firm that offeres all the tools needed to assist their employees with their everday task
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
Healthcare
Very Fun environment, Great people, unrealistic workload
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleJune 1, 2015
I had a great 3 years here, ultimately management is very young and short sighted. There are huge clients that get signed and there is never enough manpower to satisfy client needs.
Pros
great benefits, great people
Cons
very disorganized, almost fend for yourself mentality.
Micro Managed
LEGAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Laauderdale, FLApril 19, 2015
I liked the environment when I first started working there but then everything changed. Laid of staff now everyone has 3 different jobs to do and it's still expected to be done in 8 hours.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
healthcare cost, workload
Foreclosure (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 12, 2015
I was at McCalla Raymer, LLC for a little over 3 years and it was truly a great experience. The Foreclosure management was always very approachable and had an open door policy. I was able to learn a lot within my time there and will be forever grateful. Foreclosure is a fast pace environment and you will certainly work hard everyday, but they also make sure to balance it with happy hours, summer family events, free lunches and a generous holiday schedule.
Not Good
Sr. Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sandy SpringsNovember 21, 2014
The work environment is very stressful. There is no work life balance.
One of the better places to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 20, 2014
For a law firm that deals with Foreclosures and works for the banks, they are one of the most friendliest and caring organizations I have ever worked with. Of course McCalla Raymer is not perfect, but they do try their best to do the right thing by their employees and show how much they are appreciated.

Every year the owners throw monthly or quarterly functions which include lunches, ice cream socials, happy hours, a company picnic, and a fabulous Holiday party. In addition they give you 3 weeks of PTO every year, which you don't have to worry about accruing. The majority of employees can take advantage of flex-schedules which in times of crisis can be a Godsend. Oh and the one thing I will miss very much is the amount of Holidays we would get off each year. Most businesses give you 6 to 7 holidays off a year, but MR gives you 11 to 13 a year; with days like Columbus Day and the Day after Thanksgiving.

Working there so long I was sad I had to go, but another opportunity came around that I could not pass up.

As far as improvements, although not many, I do think managers need to be more engaged with their staff and work with them a little closer. Some of them spend too much time at their desk and not enough time working with their staff as a team and helping everyone be stronger.
Pros
overall benefits
Cons
some managers rather sit in their office then help their team
Generally a good place to work.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 13, 2014
One of the best things about this company is they do allow some people to work from home. I was able to work from home the entire 18 months I worked for them. They have good benefits- good medical/dental/vision, 401k, life insurance, and paid holidays and vacation.

Most of my interaction with co-workers and managers was done via email although I was provided with an internet phone and occasionally participated in conference calls/training. Everyone was pleasant and easy to get along with. Although, managers seem to come and go quite often in my department.

As with any job, there is always the possibility of being let go, but they steadily let people go the whole time I was there so I never felt completely comfortable as far as job stability. It's a great place to work if you can continue working there.
Horrible Bosses
Foreclosure (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2014
Worthless company with no morals or respect for employees. Frequent layoff for dedicated workers. No training, Human Resource-Orlando / Human Resource-Atlanta clueless, worthless and unprofessional, basically only names with titles. HR don't the meaning and purpose of Human Resource. In the event of layoff employees lose your PTO vacation. Managing attorney in other office responsible for lay off of all employees. Better off applying with other foreclosure law firms.
Pros
flexibility/take advantage of ot
Cons
just a number.

Comment – November 15, 2014

Very true and on point. You will only be a number until your demise.

Productive yet fun workplace
Legal Assistant / Mailroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2014
Being apart of McCalla Raymer has given me great learning experince. I love the people I work with even when some days the workload can get stressful. I love that we get 13 paid holiday off and a sufficient amount of paid time off as well.
People are nice but the work is mind numbing
Legal Assistant -Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAAugust 25, 2014
The culture is very laid back but productive you plan out your day accomplish your tasks come in the next day and do it all again. There is not much micromangement.
Pros
free montly sales lunches
Cons
the benefits package could be better
Foreclosure mill with attendant problems, no matter the practice group.
Associate Attorney, Title Litigation Group (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaAugust 11, 2014
Employees are treated like assets, yet are expected to exhibit human qualities like loyalty.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
see above.
Friendly Staff but Offers No Job Stability
legal assistant (Former Employee) –  fort lauderdale, flJuly 7, 2014
although overstaff was nice and the benefits package was generous, the firm is not a stable one. Two large layoffs took place in the time I was employed and offered no job stability to those employees who stayed with the firm the longest. The firm strictly cut employees based on pay and not loyalty. I would not work for this company if given another chance to.
Pros
benefits, friendly staff, hours, flexible
Cons
no job stability, loyalty, consideration of employees
unstable work environment
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2014
As a real estate law firm, their business is driven by the consumer.
Simultaneously to my employment, they acquired a bankrupt company and took on large amounts of debts that superseded their revenue resulting in multiple lay-offs.
Cons
poor management decisions
The success you have is based on your carreer not the company.
Customer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FloridaJune 29, 2014
Having worked with many legal offices is surprised me to read the negative reviews some prior employees gave this company. Regardless of upper level management's stand a person will be un/successful in his of her own right. If one has experienced a company that made him or her successful, wonderful, please have a fond memory of sharing a rare situation. Do not assume because you were carried in one job you must always be carried. Assume the best and be prepared for the worst. Decisions in life are simple. Carrying the responsibility of and fulfilling those decisions to fruition are not for the weak of mind, body or spirit. (this includes having unreasonable expectations.)
Pros
work environment, management, oppurtunities. it is what you believe it is.
Cons
work environment, management, oppurtunities. it is what you believe it is.
Lay-off and so much work
Service (Former Employee) –  Ft LauderdaleJune 28, 2014
I don't understand why they hired me to lay me off for no apparent reason. They said they lost a client, but there was so much work.
A seasoned firm with little to offer to serious professionals
Best employee the firm ever laid off (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 4, 2014
I was a rock star in everything I did. I worked more hours to complete projects than any other in the firm. I kept clients happy and smoothed over their anger when in house teams were clearly not performing. I had several consecutive years of reviews showing my perseverance to exceed expectation. I was pretty much made responsible for anything thrown at me for various groups from BK to FCL, LIT or Title and I did so with no complaints. The proverbial doormat so to speak. I maintained and still have wonderful relationships with many of my co-workers and some of the clients. The hardest part of the JOB was knowing it would always be a job and never develop into a career. Management staff is allowed to get away with not running anything and when things fall apart as a result the low men on the totem pole are "laid off". The partners of the firm put close friends into high places regardless of their talent and they lean on the backs of everyone else to do their job. I was "laid off" as apparently my position was eliminated but the next week it had been filled again with a sub-par employee that had previous problems already. I believe I was targeted due to my salary but had the company come to me and asked to re-negotiate I would have worked with them. All respect is gone and with the way things are going I am willing to bet the firm will not be in business in Florida in another year. Lastly their Human Resources department has the most rude and unprofessional people I have ever had to deal with in my life. If you see a posting for open positions and apply just know that you will  more... eventually be someone's scapegoat.  less
Pros
the salary was great while it lasted
Cons
besides what was listed above, there is a very high turnover, as the firm prefers to hire employees that previously worked at failed law firms in fl, so they can underbid them on thier salary and pay less than they are worth.
Morale killer
Door Mat (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 4, 2014
There is absolutely no room for advancement. I kind of feel I wasted my time here expecting some time of change to take place. This place is definitely a "who you know" workplace.

Everyone in management, doesn't deserve to have their position. Learn how to talk to people, at the end of the day, its just a job. Dont make enemies out of your employees.
Pros
team morale
Not for Serious Professionals
Foreclosure (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2014
I would not work here if you are seeking any growth opportunities. I was at that company for many years and saw many people get promoted who had no experience managing and were not people persons. It's all about who you know and if they like you. Management doesn't know how to speak professionally to their team members. None of them encourage you and tell you when you are doing good. They only come around when something is screwed up. Most of the time you don't see them at all when their office sits 2 feet from you. There is absolutely no professionalism. If you have a degree it means NOTHING as far as how your salary is determined. No matter how hard you work remember you are expendable (and as soon as the company is losing money they let 10 to 15 people go (every three months). If you work in the foreclosure department there are 5 days where you are not able to take vacation time so you have to plan vacation around those days because they will not approve PTO.

There are no bonuses and raises vary from 5 cents to 15 cents a year. There was nothing that I enjoyed at McCalla Raymer. It was a job not my career and I am so grateful that I am out of that place. I am not saying these things because I am no longer there as I felt this way the entire time I worked there. It was just a JOB. Everyone around me that worked with me felt the same way. They are only there because it's a paycheck. If you are looking for a career this is NOT the place to be. If you are looking for a check to pay bills (pay scale is well under for the state standard) then enjoy.
Pros
free sale day lunch
Cons
benefits are super expensive, no bonuses, little raises and no appreciation