McCann Erickson Employee Reviews

ok to work for
Contract Liaison Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 11, 2017
an ok place to work, the environment was good, but the tasks were sometimes non-challenging, which made it difficult sometimes, but the folks around me were ok to work with.
sweat shop
Broadcast VP, Business Affairs Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2017
department head keeps the team lean and mean. unrealistic workload, 60 hour work weeks. department head not approachable and unwilling to support her team
Great Resources and Fun Atmosphere
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2017
At McCann, there are many great things. Smart people, creative minds, and resources beyond expectations. This a fun place to work, but be prepared to put in the hours. Client services requires constant attention and availability. As long as you do your job right, you'll have a great time!
Worth it
Assistant Account Executive for Microsoft (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 11, 2016
McCann has a very demanding work environment. You must hit the ground running and never stop. The rewards come when you are able to successfully produce and launch creative and clever campaigns.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2016
office is over 350 employees
learned culture and office management
team of knowledgeable people
hardest part of the job was adapting to the ever changing environment
learning to adapt with the changes
Pros
great learning environment: ad agency
Cons
Productive workplace with talented employees
ART DIRECTION/ DESIGN INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 28, 2016
McCann Erickson was a wonderful place to work. Employees were very bright, productive and creative. I had the privilege of learning about what it takes to create compelling campaigns, brand books and corporate identites. A typical day at work consisted of assisting Creative Directors, Art Directors and the design team in brainstorming and producing content.
My coworkers were helpful and provided the mentorship I needed to grow my skill-set as a designer. Clear communication and working as an efficient team was the most important part of completing any project. Despite the clear hierarchy, every employee was valued and treated with respect. As an intern I got exposure to a variety of client work and working with different teams. Although each team had a different feel and style, there was a definite collective culture of excellence and handwork.
The hardest part of the job was the learning curve and working very long hours. I majored in Illustration at The School of Visual Arts and had little design experience. My coworkers were patient and taught me the necessary skills however, it took many months and projects to learn the design process. While working on projects with tight deadlines and working on client pitches, I would often leave work after 11pm and would work weekends. It was always worth it to create amazing work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the creative process behind creating campaigns. Because the deadlines were so tight, there was immediate gratification in seeing the final work right away. Working with such bright and talented
  more... people was so inspiring and humbling. It maximized my learning and made me always want to work to my fullest potential.  less
Pros
great mentorship
Team work is encouraged
Sr. Project Manager-Print (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2015
Team work is encouraged overall at McCann. Meetings and communications were key in maintaining all in the loop regarding projects, timelines, budgets, and the like.
Pros
On-site cafeteria; employee recognition
Cons
Was not able to secure a permanent position
Fun envirnment. open office work space
Brand Director (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaApril 15, 2015
Started the day with free breakfast in the office. Work in progress meeting with superior. Meeting with Client and followed by a lunch.

Afternoon is packed with meeting on creative review, execution work and strategic proposal work to be done.

Clock out at about 10pm.
Pros
Free breakfast, yearly company vacation, bonus
Cons
Long working hours
Not open to new ideas. with out large scale cost savings
Senior Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 3, 2015
Design configure maintenance of the cisco router network, worldwide.

Cisco operations VoIP.

Management was great in the beginning till a new CEO was hired.

Co-workers were great to work with.
Pros
great company x-mas gathering
Cons
CEO brought on management VPs from old company causing a down fall within employee productivity
Worked with a really great group of people
Executive Assistant/Budget Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
The day consisted primarily of calendar management, heavy phones and lots of excel work posting and revising the budget worksheets for the TV, print and radio advertising for the account. I really enjoyed attending the weekly team meetings and hearing about how current events impacted the marketing strategy. It was nice being part of a team.
Fun, laid-back, and very impressive
Copywriting Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
This company continuously blows my mind. It is so accomplished with such strong clients and numerous awards, yet maintains its cool and casual vibe. I can safely say that I can see myself having a wonderful conversation with anyone at that office. Every day is exciting at McCann.
Pros
Thursdays at 5. Party. Fun.
Cons
I'm only an intern there
Productive, collaberative team work environment
Manager of Agency Accounting (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MINovember 13, 2013
McCann Erickson was a great place to work. The culture and work environment was enriching and productive.
Good for acquire global knowledge of marketing, advertising
Account supervisor (Former Employee) –  JPCAugust 24, 2013
I could work with experienced people with enough knowledge.
Very dynamic and stressful company
Group Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lahore, PPBAugust 15, 2013
But you can make a career over there if you are motivated enough and have nerves of steel to deal with customer demands.

Great place to start a career and know how hard it can be. Once there all work places seem easy~!!~
Pros
Good place to start career, very dynamic
Cons
Stressful work
Great staff, very friendly team atmosphere.
Freelance Retoucher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2013
I enjoyed my experience at McCann Erickson because the projects I worked on were interesting, and the retouching team was very friendly and helpful. I did have to work some overtime hours, but that is expected in a deadline-driven environment.
Highly Bureaucratic Organisation
Sr. Financial Analyst, World (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2013
management change all the time. Even you have the job security, you are worried if you are the next one to go....
Another great place to work
Retail Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIMarch 3, 2013
They also win awards for it and create award winning work. They hire talented people and I'm proud to have been selected to work there.
Great atmosphere
Receptionist/Assistant Business Manager (Former Employee) –  622 Third AveFebruary 12, 2013
Answer phones, assist admins, schedule coferences, maintain conference rooms.
Made good friends
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2013
Stressful environment, but job is not boring.
Learned a lot about time management, new software and programs.
Great co-workers, creative atmosphere.
Hardest part of the job was not being able to be proactive.
Most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new every day.
Pros
flexible with time off
Cons
no growth potential
Amazing experience that I will take with me wherever I go
Art Director Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2013
Even though this was only a summer internship I had a blast working for Mccann. Leaving the coffee gopher and copy slave in the past Mccann put forth all of their interns into really learning what goes on in the advertising world. To learn these skills from a multi billion dollar company was just another perk.
Working with globally known companies and products we were hands on in all aspects of the way advertising works from the first day. From conception to completion we saw it all.