McCarthy Building Co Employee Reviews

Very Good Major General Construction Company
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 11, 2017
this is a good large General Construction Company. they promote continued education for all employees training and general education. they are an employee owned company.
Great benefits and travel accomodations
Solar Panel Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2017
It was always fun to show up at work knowing that you may be in a different state or city. Co-workers worked as a team and helped with any questions without hesitation.
Fun work environment
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2017
Work days can be long but being on the project site allows for a more hands on learning experience. The people I work with are very fun to be around and they make the day go by faster. The hardest part of the job is working with some subcontractors. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the workers in the field and learning about what they do.
Cons
Long work days
McCarthy Builders
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Selmer, TNOctober 31, 2016
I worked with McCarthy in Selmer, TN on a solar project. The company as a whole was great to work for, having worked two sites locally with them in a short time frame I can tell you that some of the management are uninformed and could do better staying on top of certain things. They generally did really well with safety and keeping the pace going strong all day. Usually we worked 10 hours a day. I learned a lot of valuable information and skills in a short amount of time. Coworkers were very nice with the exception of a couple laborers. The most difficult part of the job was the lengthy hours in the heat this summer. The best part was the company itself, they were quick to provide incentives and luncheons when our teams met their goals, and were quick to recognize good hands and get them promoted. At the end of the job, they were also willing to take some of the top employees on the road to the next job. All in all its a good company to work for, and an excellent company for young single folks who would like to travel.
Pros
Lunches, incentives, benefits
Cons
Upper management could do better
Construction Company
Business Development & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 31, 2016
I learned a lot while working for McCarthy Construction Company. You worked hard here and the pay was mediocre. I would've liked to have seen more diversity in the office and in the field.
Pros
close to home
Cons
pay
A lot of solar
Electrical apprentice/labor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89074October 31, 2016
worked with heavy equipment
safe and exciting work environment
a great learning experience
i would recommend them to someone in need of a job
travel a lot
Pros
free lunches once in a while, new experience every day, never a dull moment
Cons
some management can be un-informed
Fast Paced
Solar Installer/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZSeptember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working with the McCarthy Construction team. I stayed busy from the time I started to the time I clocked out at the end of the day. I learned a lot in the short time I worked there.
Pros
Busy work environment
Very stable workplace always good attitude enviroment
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 14, 2016
Good pay very stable sometimes 70 hours a week 401k health insurance company had many options and ways to succeed and move up in the company several raises
Pros
Long hours many options
Cons
Traveling out of state
Awesome company with awesome benefits
Assistant PM (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AzMay 2, 2016
Great company with amazing retirement benefits - you are really are working "for yourself" since all of the profits go back to YOU! Great project teams and family culture - really good projects that challenge you on knowing self-perform and learn about how make great money. Best construction company I have worked for - this is my 3rd and I am never leaving!
Pros
Employee Owned - Amazing Retirement Benefits, Great Culture, Really Good Leadership
Cons
Travel can be tough - awesome projects but McCarthy is a national company that does require travel
Working out at job site was a good experience
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 22, 2016
Its my first time working at the job site, I got see and learn the BIG difference between working at the office and job site. Great learning experience. Got to see things on first hand and end.

Want to know more about McCarthy Building Co?

Ask a question
Loved operating heavy equipment
Frontend loader operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2016
i was young in this feild but quikly advanced in position. i had a 100% safety record as a operator. i was liked by my co workers as a go getter. i gave it my all untell the day was done.
Productive and fun working with my project team.
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Different project sites.February 4, 2016
I usually check my emails first thing in the morning for anything the requires my attention. Then I would make sure there is coffee made, check the paper supply in the copier, tidy up some, turn on the AC/heater. Then I proceed with my priority list of things to do which may be composing an email request for (monthly) billing from subcontractors, creating batches of invoices to submit to accounting, processing and collecting union reports (which I learned on the job) and submitting them to the owner. I have had the pleasure of working with a great team on every project I was assigned to. There is nothing hard about the job if you are hard-working. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a variety of responsibilities which keeps you busy and you are not micromanaged. They trust that you prioritize your work accordingly.
Pros
It's an employee-owned company!
Cons
I was laid off.
80 hours a week
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2016
80 hours a week no Sundays off. Decent pay but you can make 10% less to work half the hours elsewhere. You will work seven twelve hours shift per week and relocate often.
Great company
Project Safety Coordinator Duties (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2015
Huge high profile company with great retirement bennifits. you can make a good living. Although work is all they are concerned with. There is no consideration of family or a life outside of work.
Good Company
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2015
Good Company. When project starts up it gets real busy when its done, struggling to find things to do. Traveling is the hardest part
Good company to work for
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TxJune 27, 2015
Great company to be apart of. As long as I've worked there its been a great time with a great work environment. Management does a great job making the employee feel comfortable.
Office Review
Operations Secretary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2015
My typical day at work would be helping our employees, greeting customers. I have worked for some great companies over the years and have taken different lessons learned from each one. Hardest part of my job would be not being able to help someone.
Pros
Healthcare, benefits and employees
Cons
atmosphere has changed and people leaving
Tough Job Culture
Junior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 18, 2015
Lots to learn if you are apart of the right team willing to train you on whats important about your position. I learned to work on NAS's and did ample Active Directory work with the Data Center.

Problem is, if you are not in the inner circle, you will feel like an outcast and you won't feel like you're fitting in. Best thing to do is to make the most of it and try to take as much information away as you can.
Pros
Indoor Gym
Cons
Too cliquey
Great company to work for.
Project Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 20, 2015
Company is 100% employee owned. Company has several training training seminars every year. Each employee has the ability to advance. Advanced safety program encourages all to be safer with rewards monthly for no accidents.
Great Company
N/A (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2015
The best company you could hope to work for. Amazing compensation package. Can be long hours, and not a lot of opportunity to move up.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Ability to move up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCarthy Building Co. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5