McCarthy Building Co Employee Reviews

McCarthy
Project Engineer Internship (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 11, 2018
McCarthy was a great company to work with. They give a lot of good experience and are excellent in achieving their goals. As an employees you will learn a lot here.
Very good company to work for.
Union Laborer - Quality Control Inspector/Operator (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAJanuary 26, 2018
This company is the second company I worked for, they always kept you working, but takes care of their workers, they are big on safety, and help you learn and grow with the company. They are big on picking picking up workers who are willing to travel for work. Management team is very professional and smart.
Pros
management, safety, career advancements
Cons
constantly traveling, that's if you mind traveling
great job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dunnsville, VAJanuary 25, 2018
Hard working how to drive forklift and solar panels great manager upbeat work place being outside side heat in the summer and cold in winter the job at hand
work
Solar Electrician (Former Employee) –  Dunnsville, VAJanuary 23, 2018
if you want to work for them make sure that once the job site is finished is done you wont get laid off...............................................
Wonderful company to work for
Precon/Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2018
One of the best construction companies. The workplace is great but can be a little stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my team.
Very large corporate contractor
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2017
McCarthy is huge, but still try to keep a personal touch on employee relations. The pay was very generous, but, I earned every darn dime of it. Work life balance is 80% work and 20% work. McCarthy becomes your family in some ways good and some bad.
Pros
Good teamwork and support
Cons
You sell your soul to McCarthy
Good company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2017
The company is large enough to provide stability, and the benefits offered are some of the best in the construction industry. If you want to move up and learn something new, just make yourself available and ask someone.
Good Company
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2017
Very good company with many good Management guys, all willing to teach and help teach young guys. Very good advancement opportunity if willing to work for it.
Pros
Good management and pay
Cons
can be released during slow times
Great team
MEP Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2017
If you put it in the work the sky is the limit. Great benefits and a great opportunity for your future. Salary is average but bonus can be good. Lots of chances to improve your salary if you put in the effort.
Benefits
Cons
Hours with out pay
I would have stayed if there was more work for me.
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85016October 2, 2017
I really enjoyed my time there, and I learned so much. They didn't want to let me go, my manager just couldn't find any more work for me in my area, so she had to lay me off. Maybe she'll call me back someday..
Pros
Everyone was really nice.
Cons
Interns make minimum wage
Laborer/Rigger (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, TXOctober 1, 2017
Ive learned a lot from the men on this job. Things that i can take and apply in my everyday life. Work is amazing when you cant wait for the next day to start just to be around my co-workers.
Constant relocation and poor work/life balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2017
I found the culture to be depleting over the last 5 years. In addition, the projects I was asked to manage were spread over 4 states and I was almost never at home. The previous 2 Directors I worked with were both unethical and deceitful, and the atmosphere became caustic and damaging to their entire team. Since the experienced company leadership had been retiring, there was a dramatic decline in the enjoyment of work, the corporate atmosphere and more importantly the ethics in which the company operated.
Pros
company car for managers, ESOP stocks, medical benefits.
Cons
long hours (14+), constant travel for months on end, and a drastic decline in the quality of leadership.
fast paced, but safety oriented company
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 5, 2017
Got the chance to work for this company and i was impressed right away with their standards. McCarthy was a great place to be and they really take care of their employees.
Good work place, and will love to work with them again
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2017
good hours, nothing was hard to do, supervisors, managers, and safety man was good to get along with. Don't have any problem getting along with co workers. They give us gift if we break records.
Pros
We brought our only lunch, but they feed us too sometimes
Cons
Our breaks was okay
Safety Walks
Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 17, 2017
I walk around the construction site to improve the safety and quality of work at McCarthy. A typical day for me is getting there early by 6:30am for the trailer meeting with the engineers. After that we get new hires in for orientation. Once that is completed I do my walks and visit THAs to make sure everything is done right. Then there is a meeting later on in the day, each day is different because there is a new task that arises.
Pros
Freeedom
Cons
Lack of Mentor
fun environment to work arounf
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJune 11, 2017
Everyone was friendly and outgoing, days often got competitive. The work was fairly easy but certainly had its days of being hard. i learned a lot about the solar panel business and exactly how they work. It was fun to see the progress from start to finish.
Great management support
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 5, 2017
One of the largest builders in the U.S., engaged in construction of hospitals, airports, education, and industrial projects.

If you are looking for a company who conducts a diversity of projects, this place is for you.
Awsome place to work
Union Carpenter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2017
I am beyond words when I say that this was a awesome place to work.
Rewarding career , excellent wage , long projects & training available.
Long-term employment and I was always located within a half hours drive from my home.
Pros
Safety lunch, rewards and prizes.
Cons
Company downsized
well organized, production driven company
LABORER FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAMay 24, 2017
A fun company to work for. would work for them again if they get more work in my area. they recognize your hard work and promote the right people at the right time.
Pros
they show appreciation for hard work
Cons
tend to have a few to many assistant superintendants on the same job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 8, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company. They treated their employees like they were family. They are an all around great place to work. I wish they just had some closer jobs for me and my family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCarthy Building Co. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5