Mccormic & Company Employee Reviews

Busy, Ongoing Picking & Packing Production
Picker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 30, 2017
A typical day at McCormick. Clocking in five minutes before 8 in
the morning was the usual. Greet fellow co-workers at the time clock, then on to work. We start each day off pulling one order at a time. Sometimes waiting for the computer to upload orders or pull orders from the previous day. Late orders to be exact.
Once you have your order, which can be one small/big object. Or maybe even a large quantity varying all size tractor parts. The key is precision with an productive speed. You have to identify every part number and quantity on every single pick.
Then you have the tractor glass. Which they teach you how to box to perfection. And the thing to boxing glass, you have to take your time to secure the glass. At the end you loose out on production!
random day at work
Blending Technician (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJuly 9, 2017
Everyday is full of joyfull people and positive energy. Alot of people stay for many years because of the great work culture.Great leadership and great job to work for the only hard part is SAP to get familiar with the system takes help, but the help is always a step away.I learned alot far computer skills,forklift,cpr,leadership skills and alot of way to process orders.
Pros
great events, good support, benifits
Cons
low life balance
Poor work environment
Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2017
Employees were always stressed and the atmosphere was not fun. Communication with managers was not good. Employees rarely engaged in fun conversation with each other. Some days there was not enough work to go around. Company does not give raises unless you are an account exec, then you can get them in the form of bonuses. Everyone else may or may not get an annual bonus. Starting pay was well below average for the industry. A fair amount of vacation days were given trough the year, but the way the hours had to be used was odd.
OK place to work
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2017
McCormick is a food industry company. The benefits are very good but the work environment is poor.
The company has had multiple layoffs and continues to struggle with long term tenure for employees.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Job security
Great Benefits and a Great place to advance
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2017
Through my time at McCormick I can honestly say I learned a lot and enjoyed my overall experience there. There was great benefits and they worked with me whenever I had any request or concerns.
Pros
Cafeteria with great food also many great benefits.
Formerly McCormick Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 20, 2017
McCormick Company acquired by Sandbox Communications in 2016.Worked with group of talented individuals, however, I have no experience since this acquisition.
Productive and Safe environment anyone would love to work for.
Material Processor (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 19, 2017
McCormick is a great company to work for. Its a family there rather than just a team. Most employees have been there for at least 15 years plus. The turn over rate isn't high.
fast pace
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 14, 2017
My experience with McCormick was a great stepping stone into my career with food service. They treated their employees fairly and with respect. It was a pleasant working environment.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJune 1, 2017
Worked there for two weeks it was an okay job but then I found out I have an allergy to one of the spices there and it caused me to have really bad migranes
Good for supporting someone with no more than 2 kids
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 26, 2017
This company has changed for the worst in the 8 years that I've been here. It's not made for someone with a large family. They seem to show favoritism to who they want in certain positions. They just go through a protocol to make things look right.
Pros
you get paid every week. good benefits
Cons
lack of quality leadership
so long ago
Plant Controller/Cost Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 21, 2017
I haven't worked here in almost 20 years. the California location is closed. it was a great company back in the day, but I have no idea what iti si now.
Fast paced , up beat company
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 25, 2017
McCormick factory is an upbeat fast paced company that strives towards making sure whatever customer recieves our product is 100% satisfied with our product.
Great for overtime
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 16, 2017
Always have overtime and sometimes required overtime. Depending on the department you are in you'll overtime or work schedule may work more overtime then others.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Health care
I loved worked at McCormick & Company
Administrative Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMarch 9, 2017
I worked 25 years at McCormick and absolutely love to worked there and was very disappointed when my position was eliminated. It was also in 2010 when employment was not very easily found.
Great company and great people to work with.
Application System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sparks, MDFebruary 6, 2017
From the first day I joined this company, I developed friendships with the people I worked with. That goes for the IT department and all the user groups I worked with. It was truly sad for me to resign my job for family reasons.
Productive Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 31, 2017
I love my job and I love meeting new people. I love working with the mccormick employees, I'm also learning a lot from them to expand my career.
company
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 24, 2017
good company to work for, great benefits and incentives. very nice people, pay is good and room for advancement. some management need more people skills but over all a great company to work for
having fun with costumers
Busser (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 13, 2017
when I was cleaning tables, always make sure I have clean dishes, before the real business start, always check if servers need anything work as a team smile to the costumers make sure everything is ok
Pros
free dinner
Cons
15 minutes break
Management worried about Wall St more than employees
Director (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 28, 2016
Last five years has seen an influx of short-horizon data-driven leaders that are willing to sacrifice the family and employee centered culture the company was built on to appease Wall Street. It is a shame as employee engagement levels are trending flat to down and work life balance is very poor. Senior leadership (Mgmt Comm) is increasingly out of touch with employees especially those 2 and 3 levels below them. Gone are the days when the CEO knew the names of many employees and spent significant time forging relationships with them to understand what was "really going on".
Great company to work for
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 22, 2016
Great people and competitive Wages , and great benefits. Lots of paid holidays. One of the best place I have ever worked for.Plenty of opportunity for growth .