McCoy's Building Supply Employee Reviews

Very Fun place to work
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXJuly 20, 2017
This company has a great atmosphere. I have never worked for a company before at which the coworkers are actually friends...almost like family. Management could be a bit more professional but overall a great place to work!
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Management members are not great leaders
An Amazing Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 7, 2017
There was something new every day, and it was definitely a fast-paced job. From company sponsored events, that celebrated and helped the community, right down to the daily grind; this company always had something new up their sleeve. I would like to say that unlike a lot of companies that just do community events to advance their sales profit and PR value, McCoy's really does care about the community it serves and it was a great pleasure to work for them. Of course there would be a few bumps along the way, just like any work place, but the way that the local management and HQ handled issues internally and externally always went above and beyond the call of duty. They take great pride in taking care of their customers as well as their employees. The hardest part for me was actually when I had to resign. It was such a fun and rewarding job, but due to health reasons I had to step down. Even though I most likely will avoid a cashier job position in the future regardless of the company, the McCoy's workplace was my ideal work environment.
Pros
Sundays & Holidays Off, Great Pay, Supportive Management
Fast paced and high energy
Commercial Sales Service(CSS) (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 21, 2017
Everyday was something different with many new challenges. There is only one way to move up in the company. It is call MIT training to become an assistant manager but you are required to move. Store manager stays the same, but the assistant managers were constantly changing. The hardest part of working here is that the scheduling isn't constant. The benefits are the main plus of working here.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling and low pay
Basic workplace
Yard Crew (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work was sweaty. We never got to sit on the job. The management there were not easy to deal with. The work culture was ok, we had a little fun. The hardest part of this job was the yard manager, he was hard to work with.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
really hot
Great Company
Delivery Driver (Class B) (Current Employee) –  Fort Stockton, TXMay 9, 2017
Great Company as a whole. Opportunity for advancement up to Manager Training Program. Human Resources very helpful and follow ups at individual stores.
Pros
Meet some great people, travel, develop friendships.
Cons
Employee Turnover
Professional lumber yard
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 3, 2017
When you go in everyone welcomes you and tries to assist you with purchases, the staff is friendly and willing to be available throughout your visit. I recommend Garland or Terry as they do a very good job serving their customers needs.
Pros
1hr lunches, occasional business lunch benefits
Cons
Long hours on concrete flooring crowded cash register area for employees
Organized and very Comforting Environment
Yard Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2017
This Company helps their Employers feel as if they are Family, helping one feel very comfortable while he/she is at work.
The hours are very resonable as well, the pay could be a little better but overall satisfying.
If i could work for McCoys again I would, because this is a company that will help you if you help them.
Benefits
Cons
Lazy Co-Workers
Yard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Honea Path, SCApril 25, 2017
Good place to work at. Must be dependable and hard working only a first shift job. Very steady work. Decant paying with good bonuses but no benefits. Thanks
Working for McCoy's Building Supply
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXApril 12, 2017
Working for this company has been such an amazing experience. I started here at 19 years of age. They took me in and taught me everything I needed to know in order to be successful. They understand and practice how to treat people in the best ways. This is truly a wonderful company to work for.
Friendly Environment
Store Administrator (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 11, 2017
I don't have a bad thing to say about McCoy's, They were all very nice, and we all got along very well. I would have loved to further my career in this place.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Cons
Mean Customers
A good atmosphere to be in.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richwood, TXApril 5, 2017
I work ten a.m to seven p.m Monday thru Saturday. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers with questions they have on various products we sell.
Pros
They are flexible with scheduling
Cons
Understaffed at times
Great place but only if your looking to work all day for a buck
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  AustinApril 3, 2017
Schedules are out of question no one ever respects days off. Benefits sure dont ever help or kick in when you need them. The pay is low for the hard work we do. No type of place to work if you living in a high place this job pays nothing.
Pros
Lose weight and work out alot
Cons
There from morning to night and get no type of appreciation
Great management and hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 29, 2017
Everyone is nice and we all worked like a team. It's a chill place to work and there was a lot of downtime. The management was AMAZING! I had a few slip ups, and they were very forgiving and understanding. The pay is great and so were the benefits. They often promoted people. They give you hour lunches.
Pros
Cons
They don't use a Point of sales, they use D O S
N/a
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMarch 19, 2017
Good job but it have its ups and down but just come to work on time and just do what you have to do. Its hard to get ahead cause some of them don't want to see you get ahead.
Not even worth it
Yard Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Taylor, TXMarch 5, 2017
Terrible management, awful schedules, they do not care about family values, they will run you into the ground. They hardly ever help. No room for advancement. If you plan on going to college kiss that dream goodbye. It won't happen. No appreciation for hard work.
Pros
Decent pay, friendly customers
Cons
Poor management/supervisors, no room for growth, terrible schedules, does not make time for family or college.
Cool boss and great crew.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Started out part time checking in inventory on a part time bases. Manager asked me to go full time and learn the inventory control job. Went to a 4 day school to learn the computer program along with the manager and assistant manager, I was surprised I kept up with them. I love seeing a problem and finding out why we had a discrepancy in count and getting it corrected. The hardest part of the job was getting some of the new hired yard guys to watch the grade of lumber and putting it in the right place.
Pros
Mon-Fri
Cons
got hot in the warehouse in the summer.
very competitive
Store Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 6, 2017
Not much opportunity to move up in the company. They choose where you live, bonus is not paid annually as promised. Very high pressure to sell. District managers are not supportive
Fun family feel
Driver/Yardman (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 14, 2017
This is a job where you feel like a family. The customers are all a part of a giant McCoy's family. Pay isn't all that much. However, it's enough, and well worth it when mixed with going home happy at the end of the day.
Pros
Family feel
McCoy's Building Supply
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXJanuary 2, 2017
My typical day would be cashiering and making sure stock was done. Started training in administration. Good teamwork with co-workers. My most enjoyable part was learning new positions. The hardest part of the job is that management couldn't follow through with what they started.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Advancement
Learned
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78237October 26, 2016
I first started the job not knowing any spanish with the help of my co workers and one specifically i began to pick up alot as i continued working there i learned something new each day I was there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCoy's Building Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

McCoy's Building Supply Reviews by Location