McCoy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

No opportunity for advancement
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2016
They stress so much about opportunity for advancement when you're hired, but it's all a lie! You only advance if you know someone in upper management or if they really like you. The fact that you know and do your job well does not qualify you to advance. Management is a joke in this company. Promotions are done, without any type of qualification process, to those who are liked. Do not waist your time and find a better company to work for. A company that not only appreciates their members, but their employees as well. Incentive for employees would be a great motivation for a lot of employees at McCoy. There are so many things that are so wrong and overlooked. Employee retention is very poor.
Pros
MEDICAL INSURANCE IS FREE
Cons
Low pay and there is no opportunity for advancement!
Very good place to work as a first time banker
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2015
Very good place to work, should offer employees more $. Benefits were great and the work environment was great. All employees seemed very happy while at work.
Run away!!!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Orlando,FLAugust 20, 2015
This company is terrible to work at! They lie to you in the training and tell you that advancement is up to you but it's really up to the managers if they like you or not! They are stuck in the 50's and upper management are just as bad! Everyone there is miserable and wants to leave. They are constantly hiring because everyone leaves from all the mistreatment! Trust me when I say they pay too little for what you have to do! Save yourself the grief and find somewhere else!
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
Management, pay, and everything in between
Great place, good people
Bank Teller, Customer Service, Risk Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando FLJuly 22, 2015
This was a great place to work with advancement opportunities. Friendly, helpful co-workers. I would probably still be working there if I didn't have to move out of state.
Supportive and Flexible work environment
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLApril 26, 2015
Mccoy Federal Credit Union as an employer understands that isnt predictable and can be crazy, normal day to day were easy going and professional and service orientated.
Pros
Free healthcare, and well funded 401 K plan
Cons
no Overtime
productive and overall good work enviromenmt
Consumer Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2015
Learned various underwriting regulations, management is very helping and willingness to assist when needed. Stress free job not much quotas to meet.
Pros
weekends off, great work environment
Cons
pay
Slow paced workplace with great schedule
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLNovember 21, 2014
On a typical workday at McCoy Federal Credit union, I would assist members with any transactions they needed taken care of. Working there taught me the ins and outs of financial institutions. My coworkers were very supportive and helpful, unfortunately the opportunities to advance in the company just weren't encouraged.
Enjoyable experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Orlando,FLJune 30, 2014
I would clock in and get my cash drawer. I would count cash in my drawer to verify nothing was missing from previous work day. I completed transactions deposits, cashing checks, cash advances, loan payments. Management and coworkers were always kind and open for questions. No hard parts of job that come to mind. Most enjoyable part would be stress free atmosphere and location of branch.
Pros
Location, stress free
Cons
I enjoy the job, it's atmosphere and my co-workers.
Accounting Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2014
I get great reviews with the employer. I am an outgoing person, always willing to learn new task. I get along well with my co-workers. I always get my tasks done by the end of the day.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Not enough room to move on
Good place to work and learn new skills for professional growth
Marketing and Business Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2013
McCoy is a good place to learn new set of skills which will allow you to growth profesionally, There is always opportunity to make a career within the organization as they prefer to hire from inside and encourage you to take advantage of the opportunities they might present throught your stay in the company.
Pros
transfer within departments when a position is open
Awesome workplace
Support Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2012
I absolutely loved my experience with this credit union. They treated their employees very well and i learned so much about financial and legal documentation.
Positive work place
Assistant Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Orlando FloridaFebruary 17, 2012
McCoy Federal Credit Union is a great place to work for. You are surrounded by enthusiastic, uplifting individuals.
Pros
employees and member focused

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCoy Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

McCoy Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location