MCCS Employee Reviews

It had much verity.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAApril 19, 2017
I maintained both the base car wash and the base coin laundry mats. there was a lot of repair work to do, as the military personnel could be hard on the equipment.
Pros
I was free to set my own schedule and time.
Cons
Pay was not great.
Good starting workplace
Basic responsibility was cashier (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 23, 2017
The beginning, everything is super nice. Managers are great and then you become experienced there and its like the company forgets about you to focus on the new employee. The new employee is also "the best employee" even if you work your tail off everyday doing more than needed.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
bad management
Good company with flexible schedules
Customer Service Q&A Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 14, 2017
I worked her part time and they were extremely accommodating with my schedule requests. Fun place to work and they are employee orientated. Store discounts
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Don;t remember any
Fun and Comfortable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCFebruary 24, 2017
There wasn't really much to complain about for the Sales position I was in at MCCS besides the arduous ladder for the climb to the top. The company is very selective on who they have promoted and is very greedy in certain ways.
Pros
Great workers, Good Managers
Cons
Work compensation, Few to no raises.
The job was professional and amazing.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 18, 2017
A productive job busy workplace. Some activity events happens from month to month. Great people to interact with on a daily basis. Different supervisors with a open door polices. You could speak to anyone if you were having problems.
Pros
the time grace period
Cons
So, many supervisors non-experienced.
Respectful workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Being located on base and providing service to military families and personnel makes work fulfilling. Everyone you encounter is typically more respectful.
Intresting opportunity, but not for me.
Licensed Home Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 12, 2017
I was an in-home daycare provider for MCCS Camp Pendleton for 1 year. While I was grateful for the time at home with my own children, working from home 50+ hours a week, just wasn't for me. I gained a ton of relevant and lifelong experience and knowledge that I have been able to apply to many aspects of my life, however.
good place to start work
Human Resources Technician (Backgrounds) (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Great place to start work however, no room to grow. However, Management cares about employees and the job culture is slowly helping regular civilians understand the dynamic between military and their responsibility to the organization.
Mccs
Food Service Worker NA 4 (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 28, 2016
Great way to support our military. Enjoyed it but would like to work with more toward my degree which I will soon graduate that I will have on April 19
Great Place to work
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 9, 2016
Depending on what department you are located in it could be very fast pace to slow. Some area are harder than others. All very nice people. I learned how to construct and develop my problem solving skills here
Informative and challenging introduction to the field
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 30, 2016
This job was unpaid because it was a requirement for graduating with a degree in child development / education. Students work 3 days a week for four hours a day. We were required to come up with a week-long activity for the children to learn about a selected topic, and the head teacher conspired the rest while we aided her.
hard working
Asset Protection Associate (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CANovember 14, 2016
I've learned a lot about my job and everyday your learning something new.
my coworkers are hard workers and willing to get the job.
the most enjoyable part of work is being able to stop people when stealing , and all the adrenaline is pumping at the moment.
it depends
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VANovember 8, 2016
It wasn't bad for me at the time with my shift and who I worked with, but I've heard lot of not good stories, such as unfairness, gossips, lazy coworkers, backstabbing, and other dramas. It really depends on where and who you work with though, if you are lucky, it seems like a decent place with pretty good benefits (if you are full time for a while).
Pros
set/stable schedule with weekends off
Cons
management, coworkers, low pay
great place to work at
Recreation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCNovember 1, 2016
I liked the mccs facility because it allowed me to work out and interact with other people. the manager was great and ran the facility with well organization and with great leadership skills.
Fast paced team with remarkable job satisfaction.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 25, 2016
I was the executive assistant to the Hardline Mgr. in the purchasing department of the United States Marine Corps Exchanges. I used Microsoft Suite to include MS Word, Access, and Excel. I worked closely with many vendors as well as our buyers in the department. I spear headed all information coming out of our office, to include, weekly ads.
Mccs
Food Service Worker (This is a federal job) (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCAugust 25, 2016
Worked with food. Not the best job but I loved that I worked with the Government. I enjoyed the people that came in and out of my work. I made some good friends and met some great people. I learned so much from this job.
housekeeper
Customer Service/House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJuly 19, 2016
clean guest rooms
stock carts
laundry
co workers great
supervisor not great
great job if you don't mind hard work and working independently
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
supervisor
Enjoyed working with the Kids!!
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 30, 2016
My time spent at MCCS was very enjoyable . Interacting with the kids as wells as providing a service to the Marines and Sailors was very fulfilling for myself .
Quick and fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 30, 2016
a typical day at work included professionalism and a high demand in clerical responsibilities. I learned the great importance of customer service and hospitality. my management team was alright, there were a few things that could've been worked on. my co-workers were good. knew and did everything that needed to be done. the hardest part of my job was telling a customer a "no." the most enjoyable part of my was seeing a customer smile after satisfying their needs.
Fun
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CA 92055June 27, 2016
My day is busy, which I enjoy. There is always a challenge. Meeting the different types of folks from all over the world makes the job more rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MCCS. Our community is ready to answer.