MCCS Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work for with opportunities for growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Excellent place to work with great culture. Its a great place to work if you are looking to gain experience and looking for career growth. The executive team is down to earth and looks out for their staff.
Pros
Culture, Carrer opportunity
Cons
healthcare, pay compared to similar jobs
Some great people but very clicky. Pay could be better as well.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 8, 2016
The work is very repetitive. If you love customer service then this job is for you. Pay could be better for the additional duties assigned through out your time with the company.

Started at $10.00 in 2012. They increased their starting pay twice while I was there and I ended up making $12.00 by the time I left the company. However, the raises are based mostly on your customer service scores. Although, the highest you can get is only 4%.
Great learning experience
Health Promotions Coordinator/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAMarch 31, 2016
This job was a great learning experience. As the health promotions coordinator I did weekly heath briefs for 10- 450 Marines. I would have individual counseling with patrons and Marines discussing body composition and giving them information on resources on the base that they can utilize to improve their health.
Pros
Great learning experience, payed for certificates
Cons
sometimes long hour days.
Productive and fast passed
Store Worker (Former Employee) –  Joshua Tree, CAMarch 7, 2016
Very dead or overly packed and busy. I learned customer service and how to be a store worker. Receiving and stocking. The last management when I worked for MCCS was good. They were trying to make a difference. The hardest part about working there was trying to keep up with stocking the stock when troops would come thru. I mostly enjoyed knowing that I was there to help serve the military members.
Clean the building and check I.D.s
Single Marine and Sailor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hālawa, HIDecember 14, 2015
I clean the building at my own pace and check I.D.s when people come in. The management is excellent and friendly. The co-workers I had were nice but I rarely saw them as I was entrusted alone to control a building during the day. The hardest part of my day was being alone for so long with no one to talk to. The most enjoyable part of my day was after my cleaning was complete I could read or work on school work at the front desk.
Most enjoyable part of the Job
Operations Associate/Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 21, 2015
If you love customer service like I do, then this is the best place to show off your skills. The customers are polite, understanding, and patient. An ideal combination of attributes which made for a great work day, consistently.
Pros
Great Customers and coworkers
Cons
Not a lot of support from manegment. Salary is not competitive.
Patron's made my day, no day was the same.
Office Automation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCNovember 18, 2015
I worked for MCCS for a little less than ten years. It was the very first job that i ever had and had a good hand in the type of worker that I became. MCCS focuses on world class customer service first and foremost. You had customer service classes before you were trained in your specific job and if at any time while working there you needed a refresher they were willing to give you that course. I learned that my customer/patron was my employer at the moment that they were with me. I had a duty to make sure that that person was satisfied with the service that I could provide and if they were asking for something I could not do, I would figure out how I could help them get what they needed. From working retail at the Base Exchange, Customer service at the Military Clothing Shop, Management and a separate Military Clothing Shop, Front desk clerk at a child care center to finally working as an office automation clerk at the Resource and Referral department of the child care branch; I enjoyed every position. I truly have a heart for military families and MCCS helped me impact them as best as I could every day.
Can be arduous but can be fun
Point of Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAFebruary 25, 2016
It could be a lot better as far as pay but as far as the things they have you do is great for a beginner job. As far as the management it could be better as far as listening and talking with the employees. Other than that it's alright.
Great company to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 4, 2016
Very demanding job have to open mined and willing to learn new things. must know how to follow directions and can read and write.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lot of work
Productive work place
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 12, 2015
Its good to have good co workers in this company. Many people are friendly you may have to deal with many rude customers. I've been working here for the last two years and many things have stayed the same. I wish we could get new uniform more often and receive pay raises for all the hard work people do.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Not much benefits
I loved my classroom team and toddlers
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 11, 2016
I was the morning core staff in a toddler classroom aboard MCCS and I LOVED it! I will always hold a special place in my heart for them. A typical day was never typical, things were always crazy between students and different caregivers coming in and out but overall my room functioned as a well oiled machine. My co-workers assigned to the room were excellent and I worked well with them, they were caring and truly wanted what was best for the children.
Fast pace, fun and busy.
Food service worker and barista (Former Employee) –  Marine Corp base HawaiiSeptember 5, 2015
I loved this job. My coworkers were awesome. We worked very well together. our manager was strict but very reasonable. We always had a fun and safe working environment.
Pros
The hours were great, never opened on Holidays. 50% off food.
Cons
no benefits
Comfortable, slow/fast paced
Senior Supervisor, Sales (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 19, 2014
As the lead supervisor of four, and a supervisor of 15 employees, this job is based with a routine of vendors daily, customers, sales, and ordering, scheduling, and a littl ebit of some fun. Learning new systems as MCCS stays up to date, showing co workers how to use new systems. I have enjoyed this job mainly because my manager has put me responsible for almost all her duties if she is not present and she shows me daily how to get closer as a manager. i enjoy the being on the computer figuring everything out for my manager as she is hands on rather than computer savy.
Pros
you dont pay taxes on any merchandise you purchase
Cons
no benefits until management decides, no raises for a long period of time, hard to advance to another job.
Easy Job
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 24, 2016
This was one of the easiest job I have ever had. It is simple and you literally just have to do your job and you wont have any problems.
Great place to work and have fun
Equipment Worker (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJanuary 2, 2016
Working here wasn't work it was fun for me. I love bowling so being able to work here allowed me to balance both work and fun. My co workers were great they always made work fun.
productive working environment
OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at work come in walk around, count safe, install registers, assign registers, prepare snack bar, stock merchandise, greet and serve customers with merchandise and transactions. I learned that a great day starts with you and continues on to the customer. Team work is important in completing task and always be courteous to customers and employees. Management is okay but can be better as far as employees are concerned. The hardest part of the job was getting merchandise to stock on the floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
benefits
Cons
no room for improvement or advancement
Awesome place work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 5, 2015
A typical day at work would start by reading a book we all had to fill out and see what needed to be done or finished. I would process new inventory and stock shelves I would redo end caps and redo shelves to put out new products or to go with that weeks current ad. I would also assisted military men and women on finding the right accessories for their uniforms and make sure they had everything they needed to be in code with regulation. My maanger was the best manager that I could have asked for she always gave me stuff to do and would save the big projects for me because she knew how much I liked to stay busy. The hardest part was not knowing everything about the Marine Corps and when people had questions that I could not answer, but I would hop my computer or go to a co-worker and do my best to find the answer. The thing I enjoyed most about the job was all challenges I was given and the tasks I was given I love to be busy at work and my manager always had something for me to do.
Head Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe Bay, HawaiiSeptember 23, 2015
Started working at MCCS as a cashier moved up to a floor sales associate for the mens department. Moved up again to the cash box where all cash bags were prepared and checked to balance the volt. Got promoted to supervisor was in charge of the cash box and 10 other employees. Had to balance the volt every night before being able to clock out and do daily reports.
Pros
Great people to work with loved everything about my jobs at the MCCS
fun place to work
Operation Associate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 18, 2015
fun place to work; enjoyed helping customers. learned so many things on how to be better and stay committed. meetings and trainings on this job, have helped me increased my knowledge as an individual.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Diverse Call Center with rich Culture
Omni-Channel Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOAugust 14, 2015
MCCS Inc. offers many opportunities for entry level agents. They have an open-door policy for their staff to express their opinions and/or concerns. Each day you are greeted with a friendly smile and engaged in conversation. It's an open environment that fosters independent and group development. Though each position within the company may have challenges, you are provided the people and tools to learn how to master your daily job requirements.