Mcdermott Will & Emery Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work
Intellectual Property Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 1, 2016
Nice place to work. I am able to come in and do my work and go home without any conflicts with other co-workers. Salary is on the higher end. I enjoy being able to independently work. Not as many support services as I would like, but that's to be expected when you don't work at a boutique IP firm.
Library Intern
Student Intern- Library Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
Having worked at McDermott for 3 years, I can say that this was one of my favorite previous employers. Typically I worked with filing, book delivery, re-shelving books, and delivering book and file orders to attorneys.
I learned to be efficient with my jobs, meticulous in my filing, and to always triple check what I am doing before submitting my work/finishing a project. My supervisors were amazing, the attorneys were fantastic, and everyone was supportive and patient when it came to work, questions I might have had or simply with their book/file orders.
The hardest part was since I only interned twice a week, I had much to catch up on when I came back to the office.
The job itself was the enjoyable portion. I enjoyed working there until the very last day of the internship.
Pros
great location, great job, wonderful people
Cons
my internship ended so I could no longer work there
Pretty awesome.
analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2015
Fun place to work. The people are cool. Nice work life balance, get to meet celebrities and their teams. Awesome opportunity to work independently.
productive and fun nice place to work at
Accounting Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2013
Enter pertinent information for clients, make adjustments for secretaries and attorneys on their pre-bills, penalized attorneys for their late time, over see all corrections made from all offices nationwide, answer phone call from attorneys and Secretaries nationwide, process phone call bills from AT & T and Sprint, process Fed-ex charges and personal charges, data entry, filing and pulled files to make copies of invoices or prebills also assist other staff members when needed.
Pros
excellent benfits
Cons
short lunches
Not a particularly great place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJune 14, 2012
Office services are limited and the office is fairly busy. The department that I was in was not run very well and as a result there was little to no communication; secretary's are totally micro-managed down to the emails that are sent out to clients for various information, instructions, etc. For the amount of work that is demanded, the pay is considerably lower than the market surrounding SIlicon Valley and there is absolutely no support and/or guidance given from management. It's all about "job security" for the managers and forget about mentoring or really being a manager for the staff.

Overall I would not recommend MWE, but that's only my opinion.
Pros
somewhat flexible working schedule and good cafe on the premises
A very prestigious law firm
Senior SharePoint .NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2013
A ideal place to work with legal and IT professionals.

McDermott Will & Emery LLP is an international law firm with a diversified business practice. One of the largest grossing law firms globally, McDermott represents a wide range of commercial, industrial and financial enterprises, both publicly and privately held. The Firm also houses the largest tax practice in the United States
McDermott Will & Emery was an excellent law firm, I had the priveledge of working with wonderful attorneys, management and staff.
Admin, Asst. Facility/Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAOctober 11, 2012
My day varied which may have included handling various facility issues, employee issues, or ensuring that I made all deadlines on reports.

I enhanced my negotiation skills, working with various vendors and negotiating lower costs.

My co-workers were supportive and a joy to work with from attorneys to staff across 13 offices in the firm,.

The hardest part of the job was prioritizing my duties, but found I was very successful at accomplishing these tasks.

The most enjoyable part were the people. I interacted with management, attorneys, and staff on a daily basis and had gained knowledge from each person.
Pros
the diversity of my job and that i was given increased responsibilites.
Cons
working with the home office in chicago and the time differences in the 13 offices.
The work is repetitive but the perks are nice.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Coworkers were from diverse backgrounds and all very good people. Perks include bagels on Fridays, Starbucks K-cups, and open bar at holiday parties.
Wonderful Law Firm
Health Law Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IlFebruary 5, 2013
Very diversified and great benefits. Extremely busy with new incoming clients.
Temp Position
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 1, 2014
The company overall is amazing. The staffing and management could use a lot of work.

4.3