McDermott Employee Reviews

best performance
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  uaeApril 14, 2017
i work here from 3 month.
Very best compony for best experiance.
I daily work 11 hours.
Glanding termination of control and power panal.
Workplace culture is very good.
Large Lawfirm
Complex Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2017
Multidisciplinary firm, many offices, long hours, good compensation, a lot of document review. Able to learn about different aspects of law.
Perhaps things have changed
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2017
I was an associate many, many years ago, so the review might not apply. Very competitive environment, expectation to work very long hours and to be flawless.
Good Company
Legal secretary/assistant in various departments (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60606January 20, 2017
Worked for company for many years. No issues. Disappointed at times with how management communicated with employees.
Average
Sr. Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2016
Not a bad company to work for if you end up in a good team. But, there is nothing really exciting about this company either.

Very slow nature of work environment and runs more like a Government Organization.
Pros
Good managers and staff
Cons
Slow nature of work; lack of motivation
good law firm
Technology Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CADecember 20, 2016
experience with MWE was great with supportive team members. assisted all levels of users with varying degrees of technical expertise. lawyers are great and supportive.
Pros
lots of challenging opportunities with the firm
Cons
Not a pleasent place to work very political and bullying culture
Global talent manager (Former Employee) –  Global houstonJuly 12, 2016
Not a good place to work no loyalty to its employees and very unstable with executive leadership. A very harsh culture and no structure in the organization. Leadership is very wishy washy.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No Pros
Productive and interesting place to work at
Commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
Manage system and sub-system boundaries by utilizing Piping & Instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs),
Electrical Single Line Drawings, Fire & Gas, Telecommunication plans and Block Diagrams
Develop system precedence network to start mechanical completion and commissioning
Define and develop Inspections and Test Reports (ITR) for Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and
Telecommunication disciplines
Develop Project Information Management Systems (PIMS) procedure
Nightmare of my life
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
Procurement is broken. They overwork all of the Buyers even to the point of making them sick and still having to come in while coughing on everybody. and never make a process improvement suggestion because they will blacklist you. Oh, and never report management on any ethics violations because they will just fire you. I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy.
I could take a long lunch if i wanted
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2016
its a good place to work but I wouldn't try to make it a career theirs really no management and people pretty much do what they want and they put all the pressure on the welder the welder has to constantly work extremely hard for low pay and they constantly rush you plus it has to be perfect witch I don't mind if I'm getting perfect money witch they were no where near paying they paid me 14.00 till my last two weeks then they fired me when I finished the contract and they kept the people who where doing nothing but standing around and paid them more than the person whos actually doing the job and no-one did anything about it their was guys having long conversations and some guy would clock in and go to sleep but instead of saying anything to them they would come and rush me to finish my job and then tell me to help them do their jobs it was very frustrating at times but I managed to get the job done as I always do
Cons
a lot of work not enough pay
Boutique/specialty practice law firm, well connected
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 29, 2016
McDermott, Quilty & Miller is a great place to learn the basics of transactional practice. They represent mainly bar and restaurant owners in the Greater Boston Area.
Good place to work...
Welder (Former Employee) –  Amelia, LAFebruary 22, 2016
Good place to work...
Stayed busy...
Good work atmosphere...
Heard they moved their operation to Mexico.
I wish they were still here.
Productive and great place to work
Associate Crew Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2015
Very friendly employee. Comfortable workplace. I learned a lot. Management is great! Limited supervision. Can get work done without being disturbed.
Pros
Gym inside the building to workout
Cons
mostly a manual labour job; follow safety procedures, work with a team, get the job done
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Amelia, LAFebruary 7, 2015
a typical day at work can vary depending on the project:

Lifting and transporting heavy equipment with ropes, chains, and mechanical devices
Working with power tools
Working in teams
Cooperating with crane operators, forklift operators, welders, and other riggers
Safety procedures
Organization of materials
Cleaning, sweeping, and organizing facilities
Standing up for long periods of time, often up to 4 hours at a time
Cleaning and coating of equipment

sometimes the days were fast paced and hectic

other times the days were slow and there were many breaks
Terrible Management
Responsible to Project Controls Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2015
No Job security! Current management of planning in project controls is terrible. Other then that company seems decent just needs more work. Right now not a healthy environment.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Current Management of Project controls terrible
The work culture of the firm is constantly evolving.
Patent Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2014
Support a partner and 4 associates with preparing legal documents, research on various legal websites and prepare reports, expense reports, Work at balancing the needs of the attorneys and the work flow.
Don't work there
Supervisor / Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2014
Not stable place to work in. If you know management then you are in good shape, otherwise it is horrible.
y
supervisor (Former Employee) –  middle east jabal ali.February 15, 2014
At mcdermott all Jr.Levels are always pressurized and the name of safety is just for showing actually in field project superintendents are indirectly pressurizing field people to do mistakes while working.
It is resulting in accidents in yard, fi such thing happened all are finding target to blame for the accidents, and main cause behind the accidents is hidden.
In my service i have witness many accidents and seen targets
being thrown out of company.
project engineers improper planning is always the reason for extra man hours needed for projects.
Truth about the Mcdermott History is only Asian peoples are being victims of action. not seen any European or superintendent
terminated for any accidents.
As they are the safest out there.
This is story of jabal ali mcdermott plant.
Well paid but seasonal stress unhealthy
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2013
The work was challenging and I was able to interface with several departments within the company. The upper management was at times very hard to work with and often gave a disjointed direction on projects they championed.
Pros
The communications department is set up to produce a wide variety of materials.
Cons
understaffed and un-guided direction from unscheduled overtime and undue stress
Great place to work.
Patent Secretary (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2013
One of the premier lawfirms in DC. I have gather a lot of experience from this firm.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Work schedule change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDermott. Our community is ready to answer.