McDonough District Hospital

McDonough District Hospital Employer Reviews

Fast paced work environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Macomb, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: fast paced, good benefits
Cons: short breaks, short staffed
A typical day at MDH is very busy. From the time you clock in you are on the go. The day goes very fast. On a normal day the department will see around two hundred patients a day. Each patient has different needs sometimes you are with your patent longer than intended if you run into issues with insurance and have to call the doctors office. At times – more... it can be hectic or stressful. But our main goal is to get them in and out as quick as we can without making them feel rushed. I have learned that you really cannot truly understand someone until you have talked to them and you do not know what they are going through or how they feel until you have walked in their shoes. I am very thankful for my health. My supervisor helps when she can and answers questions. Sometimes she could come off as harsh or cold at times it made it difficult to ask for help. My co-workers were the best. If you needed help or had a question they were always right there. We all became a little family. – less
Too many directors not enough workers
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee), Macomb, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: fair pay
Cons: too many directors
ER RN was not what I thought it would be like. Most of the staff were very hard workers. Huge turnover in staff.
FAST PACED TECHNOLOGIST JOB
Medical Technologist in all lab areas (Former Employee), MACOMB, ILJune 7, 2013
AS A MED TECH, I WORKED IN ALL AREAS OF THE LAB, WROTE PROCEDURES,AND ASSISTED WITH BONE MARROW ASPIRATIONS. EMPLOYEES WERE TREATED FAIRLY AND WITH RESPECT.
CNA
CNA (Current Employee), Macomb, ILApril 16, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks, health care
Active job. Multitasking. Great benefits. Good Patient care provided.
Fulfilling position assisting the older adult
Nurse-Day Health Services (Current Employee), Macomb, ILApril 7, 2013
Pros: never boring
Cons: paperwork but who doesn't
Day Health Services employees work together as a team with good communication to provide socialization, transportation, recreation, nutrition and health-related care. Reminds me of taking care of one big family!
Working with the public
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Macomb, ILJanuary 20, 2013
Worked with patients from the critical newborn to the elderly.