MCG Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Mesa Citrus Growers-Sunkist
Shipping Clerk/Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 13, 2016
I'm not sure but I believe the application name above is incorrect. I worked for Mesa Citrus Growers-Sunkist, not MCG Health system. MCG-Sunkist was actually an awesome place to work for. The staff was hard-working never complained even when we worked 80-90 hours per week, including weekends.
Great job for caregivers and moms!
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 22, 2016
I've been working for this company for over a year and I am very pleased with the flexibility and nature of this job. I highly recommend it to people who are looking for a part time employment with flexibility of hours.
Pros
Flexibility of hours
Cons
Drive
Opportunities to meet people
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2016
I was able to utilize my outgoing personality to talk to a variety of clients. The job was not challenging at all, but if you enjoy meeting new and different people this is the perfect job.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Shifts
Great organization
Lead AC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 13, 2016
A great place to work with great retirement package and flexiable schedules many different cultures you may come in contact with.Every day was something new.Never a boring moment.
Pros
GREAT HOURS AND GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH.
Cons
NONE IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE OUT OF IT.
Fun work atmosphere
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2016
We have a great work culture and office environment. There is room for improvement as far as career advancement goes and pay scale.
Part-time employment.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJanuary 22, 2016
Required traveling to various locations to provide merchandising support. The locations changed constantly so it was difficult to organize a schedule.
Kenya Wilson's Review of MCG (ATS)
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2015
I'm not sure how the Health System was added to MCG, but it was a consulting firm and not a health company. The ATS stood for Advisory Technology Services.

I created documentation for an investment application. After creating that documentation, I created the test scripts around it. As one of the members of the testing team, I made sure the tests executed returned the expected results from the test event(s).
Pros
Great management, creating documentation
Cons
The assignment was too short.
always informative always changes to visuals and marketing bosses are great
Brand ambassador (Current Employee) –  main office New JerseySeptember 8, 2015
this company has been a delight to work for, for the most part the people are great, bosses are understanding and once a year there is a trip to headquarters
Pros
ocassionally free lunch awesome bosses they are always willing to here your ideas
Cons
nothing is substedized
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  La JollaOctober 26, 2015
I love all of the coworkers that I worked with. The company has 10 offices in the United States. This company is responsible for bring Lowe's to the West Coast.
learning experience, great staff
Expanded Duties Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 6, 2015
This was one of my first jobs after completing dental assisting school. I was afforded the opportunity of working with a vast majority of doctors and staff that were very knowledgeable, and whom taught me a lot.
Fun place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJApril 9, 2015
Working here was fun and exciting work close with managers and other co-workers. The hardest part of this job was having to report a co-worker knowing that their job was on the line due to a bad decision on their behalf, the best was customer service and working in a toy store doing Christmas.
Pros
"Toys" fun place to be
Cons
Reporting co-worker
Demostrator & Merchandisor
Demo Representative/Retail Merchandising (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2015
Great company to work for and great pay.
Mainly Weekends and five hours a day.
Sometimes you will work during the week in the daytime.
Cons
only part time
Working for MCG Merchandising Company
Retail Merchandising - Marketing Connect Group (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJMay 17, 2015
I like Merchandising it gives me the freedom of making my schedule to fit my lifestyle.

My typical day is I print my paperwork for the job from the companies portal. I than proceed to drive to the store as directed and merchandise, I learned to schedule my time to complete my project for the day. I learned to complete my assignments the day of completion.

I like my District Managers they know I work hard and I get the job done. If I have any concerns or I need help they are always willing to help out in anyway.

I usual work solo but sometimes we have a big reset so I work with a team.

The hardest part is sometimes management in the stores are not to easy to work with and they don't cooperate with me and that makes my job hard. I always let them know I am there to help them not make their jobs harder.

I have the freedom to schedule my times and days I can work. I always complete my work before it is the last due date.
Pros
Schedule my work.
Cons
Driving and difficult Management.
Seeking a job where I can put forward my knowledge and professionalism
Psychologist (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 14, 2014
Good experience working in school environment of Education Department.
Seeking stability because depends as work schedule and school calendar and I aspire to also have benefits to bring security for my family.
Pros
impact the lives of children to improve their academic performance
Cons
no benefits, while no class can not work. my family depends on my work and if i get sick no income, no specific days to collect and no tools to work are provided.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 10, 2014
A typical day scheduling patients, ins authorization, assisting three full time doctors and one clinical nurse, maintained filing system, medical terminology, confidential info, medical billing, hardest part knowing the patients condition, enjoyable part was encouraging the parents.
Pros
encouraging the parents
Cons
knowing patient condition
great small family based company
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, OROctober 15, 2013
Get up 2 hours before clock in time. I learned to figure in extra time for bad traffic days. Discuss pre task plans before we leave the gang box, and make sure all our co-workers are on-board with the days activities. A day filled full of mistakes makes for a very long day, and preventing these mistakes from the start can make for a very enjoyable day.
Pros
great foreman
Cons
paid our own parking in downtown portland
Departments are silos
LLC. A Hearst Company Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  SeattleMay 19, 2014
Departments are very different. Management in the last year has had huge turnover due to acquisition by Hearst. Company is still trying to equalize since being bought and many new managers are trying to define new workflows.
Pros
pays well, many employee events.
Cons
uneven departments, silos
Fun Place to work
Dispatcher/Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 20, 2014
The Department I worked in was run by a Contracted Company. I enjoyed the job that I was doing, however, the Managers made it very difficult to come in to work and enjoy the job that I was there to do. The balance with my personal life was also challenged due to the schedule that I had.
Work Freedom
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2013
Travel throughout Southern California to work in various department stores where I mastered several different brands. Management was very understanding and helpful on all matters. Loved that I had schedule freedom.
Pros
schedule freedom
Cons
cut my hours unexpectedly
Presentations of productts at/in various retail outlets
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJJuly 28, 2014
MCG is the name of the Company which does the heiring for other comppanies. Demonstrations range from Keurig and other coffee makers...to retailing at various retail outlets.

2.8