McGard, LLC

McGard, LLC Employer Reviews

Sweat shop and could care less about employees
Laborer (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: everything from pay to hours and mandatory hours. workers have families too!!!
As a former employee who left because of pay and employee mistreatment. I implore all those who apply to keep their wits about them. This company, despite what they say does not care about the well being or safety of employees. Expected to work with driving bans, penalized if you can't make it in, chemicals all through out the factory with mediocre ventilation, they nickel and dime you, profit sharing is just a smoke screen to keep you quiet so they don't have to pay you more. They are a sweat shop, management lies and is a horrible career path to choose.
Great place to work with so many added benefits
Quality Assurance Associate Technician (Former Employee), Orchard Park New YorkDecember 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, great place to work
Cons: no part time available
McGard is a wonderful place to work. They have opportunities to advance within the company. They are willing to give hands on training with a load of benefits including the great group of people you get to work with. People of all ages can start there and go somewhere within that company to a position you feel good about. It is long hours and a long day but if you're willing and able to do it, it will pay off.
Not to bad
Production Associate (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYJuly 23, 2014
Not a bad place to work, can use some improvements. Nice renovations recently done to the building.
Ok place to work
Nickel Plating Machine Operator (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYJuly 21, 2014
Overnights are long and not enough work to fill the night. I learned all responsibilities within company & no room for advancement
simple work but must pay close attention to detail
Production Associate (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYMay 23, 2014
a day at work consist of standing for long hours. tons of hand movement and lots of matching numbers. Good management and the co-workers are awesome. hardest part of the job i would say is recognizing defected parts. most enjoyable part of the job i would say is interacting with the other workers
I have been learning and increasing my knowledge of factory work.
Production Associate (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYNovember 23, 2013
Pros: i do have good benefits
Cons: the pay is very low
My job is very repetitive and I sit a lot which I would prefer to be in an environment working with the public.
. A typical day at work is getting orders and product views from the computer. Printing the productive view checking to insure all the information is correct and comparing a scale with the locks for size. We proceed to inspect the wheel locks for defects, counting them, placing in boxes, sealing and taping the boxes for shipment.
I have learned many uses and different kinds of wheel locks and the cars they are used on. I have learned what is defective and what can be placed on cars.
Management is very nice and have been learning the job of a lead in my department.
I do not get to socialize very much with coworkers, but I get along with the ones I do know. I have no complaints.
The hardest part of my job is the constant sitting, I would prefer to interact with others.
The most enjoyable part of my job has been learning new products, and an over all knowledge of the company I work for.
Great boss, great and fun people to work with
Corporate Records Administrator (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYJune 7, 2013
Pros: my boss
McGard provided me the ability to learn and grow so much with them. We were not jut coworkers but a family. Loved my boss and if it hadn't been for the fact I moved out of state I would still be there.