McGaw YMCA Employee Reviews

I am a huge supporter of the YMCA!
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Evanston, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: it was a easy job to have with young children.
Cons: it did not pay very well.
I have been a member at the YMCA for many years. I accepted the opportunity to work part-time in the Biedler Childcare Center because my children were still very young and I could bring them with me to work.
volunteer
Various Volunteer Roles (Former Employee), Evanston, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: it was exciting new experience
Cons: alot of people
I pretty much helped around the ymca with whatever needed to be done. summer camp those kids was busy going on field trips that was fun
Energetic workplace with fun and hardworking staff and children
Swim Coach & Instructor (Former Employee), Evanston, ILApril 11, 2014
As a coach, my afternoons began 30 minutes before practice to get the overview of the swim team's workout before the children started arriving. I would give my lane their workout for the day and guide them through their drills. Throughout practice, I would motivate them, keep up the energy level, critique their technique, and keep them working hard. On some weekends I would work at the swim meets where I would make sure children were getting to and from the waiting area and the pool deck in time for their events. As an instructor, every 12 week session I would have set classes of varying age and swimming ability groups. I got to know the children, and based on their skill level and the YMCA's standardized method of teaching, I would make a weekly plan to help the children develop their swimming technique. I learned a great deal in patience, when to be fun and when to be stern, organization skills, and how to motivate others.
Friendly Staff and Patrons Make This YMCA Enjoyable
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Evanston, ILOctober 2, 2013
The McGaw YMCA is a great place to work, especially for a student looking for a flexible work schedule. The staff members are very friendly and the management really cares about who they employ. Everyone is very easy-going, making for a great work experience.
Fun Place to work
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Evanston ILJuly 23, 2012
Pros: working with kids
Cons: not enough hours
Help kids with homework if needed, help with lesson plan for the week, Keep room clean and set up activities for kids
Dedicated to building strong kids, families and communities!
Director Youth and Family Services (Former Employee), Evanston, ILMay 10, 2012
Wonderful mission-based organization that offers a variety of professional opportunities. Great place to work if your goal is having an impact on kids, families and communities.