McGraw-Hill Education Employee Reviews

Solid company, great culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 21, 2017
Good culture overall, limited opportunities for advancement. Flexible, work from home, but feel like you are largely pigeonholed into your position, if you want to advance you need to move to another organization.
Good workplace culture
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 17, 2017
Very rigorous work with hard deadlines. Management is nice and the office is busy with visitors and projects always going. Ability to work from home a few days a week.
Pros
perks
Cons
location, parking
McGraw Hill Education
Instructional Coach (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2017
This company is an outstanding place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with teachers and students in classrooms with their extremely good online curriculum.
Company going through some changes
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2017
Company culture was once strong. After some changes in leadership and team structure, there is some confusion and unfortunately the culture has suffered.
Pretty good company to work for"
Academic Designer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 2, 2017
Pros

Good benefits, most managers are fairly flexible, summer hours! Salary could be better.

Cons

Never have company hosted events for employees or families. Some managers are still old school while company is trying to evolve.
People are great to work with
Email Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
The people are lifer's. Many have been there for over 20 years and are great to work with. They are committed and part of an mentality that most places no longer have. They know the business and are really well-versed in the company
Pros
work from home
Cons
low salaries
An interesting place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHApril 25, 2017
It was fun learning about the publishing industry. I was able to take orders from teachers and help them with various customer service issues such as missing books, defective books, or damaged books.
Forklift Operator/Cherry Picker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 11, 2017
Fast paced environment paid weekly, time moves quickly. Overtime is offered a good and safe place to work. Management is very pleasant.Team structured environment.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Health care isn't offered in till six months
Nice place. It can be tough on some days
Senior Director – Financial Systems & Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
The industry is going through a lot of change which does bring some unpredictability. There is always opportunities to learn new things, and there are some really good people in this company.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to learn
Cons
Work Life Balance
Productive Environment, work your own schedule
Sales Representative for 47 years (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
These were fifteen wonderful years. The only regret I have is that I had four of five managers who needed my help. I only found one manager to be up to date on computer training and who knew what I did and tried to improve it. It's almost as if we had to beg people to become our managers. But outside of that everything was wonderful. My account base was always rewarding and everyone I called on was almost a good friend. They needed to see me and I needed to see them. Win Win. But I myself encourage myself to learn more about Excel, Word and other helpful software available to us. But by far the most enjoyable part of the job was travelling to and seeing the most wonderful people in the world.
Pros
Car and expenses paid for
Cons
My last territory was fourteen midwest states
Review
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Gaining experience at McGraw Hill Education was very rewarding for me because the team I worked alongside with helped me jump in feet first and truly understand the scope of the business.
Great company, benefits, culture, flex time, advancement,
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Great company, benefits, culture, flex time, advancement,

Life Balance, Compensation, management, enjoyable

Discounts, 401k, Commute is easy, right in Penn Station
Culture not a winner
District Manager Midwest (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 14, 2017
The culture at MHE is not geared toward winning. They have too many internal departments and individuals that are not qualified to succeed. Good sales staff.
Great environment and a leader in the market
Senior Learning Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2017
MHE has the best platform of higher ed digital resources out there. They are deeply entrenched in the market and are highly regarded. They treat their employees fair
Season preferred over fulltime
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJanuary 27, 2017
This company would rather use you for a few months rather than hire you full time. Pay is excellent. If you are looking for full time work, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Pay, office hours, choice of schedule
Cons
doesn't hire regularly
Great place to work for.
Sr. UNIX/Linux Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Data center migration from New York to New Jersey. The team was also great. I worked on different technology like puppet, loom's and their network.
My experience at McGraw-Hill Education.
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHJanuary 22, 2017
I worked at McGraw-Hill Education for 10+ years. With the increase of digital educational materials, there has been a decline in physical textbooks. This has resulted in downsizing and company realignment. WIth McGraw-Hill there were paid holidays, and yearly holiday meals, or gifts.
Education Publishing Company
Sales Consultant/Curriculum Specialist (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 16, 2017
Great group of people to work with. They are making a difference in student achievement across the United States. They also provide great print and digital solutions for schools.
Great Education books
Assisting Nevada Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2016
Great company to work for. They have lots of opportunity and chances to evolve. I would work for them again any day. I Had a great sales leader that showed me many things.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Busy
Company Overall
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHDecember 17, 2016
It's a good company. Management and training needs to be better organized. Assisted teachers as well as customers with MHE's product. Troubleshoot error messages, blackboard, product such as online content, and software issues. Resolved customers' issues via email through chat portal. Provided guidance and customer service for product.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McGraw-Hill Education. Our community is ready to answer.