McGraw-Hill Education

McGraw-Hill Education United States Employee Reviews

fun working place
Lead Mobile PM (Current Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2015
fun place to work for
good co-workers that work well together
Upper management with good vision
free lunches and snacks
Great Working Teamship
Project Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great peforming teamship
Cons: poor direction from the ceo
I liked my time and work at McGraw-Hill. It was fun and on the project I worked our teams were really to perform.

When the economy went south it really effected jobs and funding of properties/departments and new projects.

They have been such a big brick and mortar company and made good profits but being so behind with new technology it hurt them pretty good overall.
Very good work life balance company
Senior Business Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
A very good company for work life balance, friendly co-workers and very good managers to work with. Easy to approach any one regarding any questions.
Was a nice place to work.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good working envornment
Good company, standard benefits, people that work there are very friendly. Its a fast paced environment and the company offers classes for personal development . I worked there for 18 year and had met a lot interesting people and learn a great deal about the publishing industry.
Dysfunctional at best!
Marketing Contractor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 25, 2014
Cons: everything
Columbus location is off the rails - people are uptight, unfriendly, rude, self-absorbed - UGLY place to work. No clear direction, too many meetings. Best part of the day is when I leave to go home to sanity, hardest part is being there all day. I learned education is an icky business.
fun and challenging
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 23, 2014
this is a very fulfilling position and challenging. The schedule can sometimes be crazy but overall reasonable.
Temporary worker
Customer Service / Online Implementation (Former Employee), Blacklick, OHOctober 7, 2014
Most of the day was data entry, handling incoming orders and creation of online licensing for McGraw Hill Products.

Learned about time management with systems like Impact360. Increased daily usage of Excel, Word and Outlook. Learned more about Databases such as Oracle.

Management was easy going, kept bi-weekly coaching sessions over the time of my contract work.

Co-workers were generally easy going and willing to share information in order to keep people informed about any updates to the job at hand.

Hardest part of the job is keeping the customers happy, especially when they purchased a product that did not have another type of product bundled to it.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and the close knit environment we were able to establish.
Fun, fast-paced and energetic work environment
Senior Manager, Conferences, Meetings & Events (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 6, 2014
Utilized multi-tasking ability to manage a fast paced daily work environment. Collaborated with marketing colleagues to facilitate and execute requirements to achieve effective and successful conferences, meetings and events.
I learned so much from my colleagues and was mentored by senior level management, which enabled me to accomplish set goals and objectives for our company.
I worked with the most wonderful people, on every level, anyone could ever dream of at McGraw-Hill Education.
The most difficult part of my job was not having enough time to devote as much time as I would have liked; in an effort to be as meticulous as possible.
I thoroughly enjoyed every experience during there time that I worked at McGraw-Hill! It's one of the best employment experience I've had in my life! The company provided various kinds of activities for employees to engage in; such as sports, team-building, cultural, mentoring, community service, educational opportunities, great medical, other important benefits, and so much more. Check out their website for all this great company has to offer. I would go back to work for them with a moment's notice.
Fun Place to Work Most Times
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2014
Cons: short lunch, short breaks
Sometimes its busy sometimes it isn't which can make it boring. I was here through a temp service, and a permanent position was not discussed.
Associate Distrubution (Current Employee), Gahanna, OHApril 7, 2014
A place to be very porductive and learn in a warehouse Environment.
Culture is changing everyday
Analyst (Current Employee), OhioMarch 23, 2014
Pros: discount on textbooks, relaxed dress code
Cons: many interpersonal relationships cloud judgement, career path is limited
Lots of training opportunities if you work in the right area.
Great work environment and people to work for within the company and outside the company.
Pick and Pack Coordinator (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXMarch 17, 2014
Assists Copy Center with printing sales and promotional materials through the use of the Command Workstion copy machines and regular communication with Field Marketing Graphic Designers and Coordinators.
*Shipped and mailed promotional materials in a cost-effective,timely manner by selecting an appropriate carrier such as FedEx,UPS,or the USPS.Then provides updates to the appropriate staff for the material that was shipped.
*Maintained Premiuns and other expensive inventory in warehouse/distribution center and pulled stock as needed with the use of folklift or (OP-order picker).
* Assembled folders,binders,sample educational packages in bags boxed to be shipped to customers

Loved working for the company, and enjoyed going to work everyday, never late.
Great People
Inventory Demand Planner (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work environment, great benefits
Cons: job insecurity
The best part about the job is the people you get to work with. Their are some great minds in the company and it is a pleasure to be able to work with them on a daily basis.
A great place to work and a great environment.
Product Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Dubuque, IAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: good work environment, fast-paced, organized, lots to learn
Cons: no benefits because of internship
There is a good balance of professionalism, work/leisure relationships, and fun. I have learned to work within a corporate environment, work with marketing managers from across the U.S., manage my time more efficiently, and what to do and not do within legal/copywriting limits. It is a pleasure working with everyone.
Enjoyed participating in an activity that I love.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ada, OhioFebruary 4, 2014
Being able to share my love of basketball with kids was an amazing experience.
Great company but changing due to transition...
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits. company matching 401k. great people. popular brand..
Cons: fear of losing job due to massive layoffs, not compensated fairly, new transition causing low morale in employees...
Great company to work for. McGraw-Hill Education provides its staff with great career and growth opportunities within the company, and also promotes educational development through its tuition refund program for its employees. Staffed by an extremely talented group of professionals, McGraw-Hill Education continues to equip both students and educators with the educational materials needed to be successful and achieve their goals.
McGraw-Hill Education is an excellent company to work for.
Sales Correspondent/Team Leader (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXDecember 8, 2013
I was with McGraw-Hill Education for almost 17 years. It was a great place to work as it offered me opportunities for advancement.

Each day was filled with lots of phone calls and emails from the sales reps in the field and their customer base. I was busy but I enjoyed the work.

It was a place where if you worked hard you were complimented and rewarded.

In the sales office we more like family than co-workers. This is part that I liked best about working with McGraw-Hill and the part that I miss most.
Fun charity events.
Instructor and Student Tech Support Agent (Current Employee), North Lauderdale, FLDecember 4, 2013
Pros: awesome team effort.
Assists instructors and students on technical and functional issues related to McGraw-Hill Connect, LearnSmart Achieve, SmartBook, Tegrity Campus, LearnSmart Prep, MH Campus and LearnSmart Labs. Communicates and responds to service or technical support requests from instructors and students. Performs system support including tuning, configuration, archiving, troubleshooting, and documenting system problems/bugs. Customizes McGraw-Hill systems to suit program area and instructor requirements. Assists in setup of courses, enrollments for McGraw-Hill systems. Works with instructors in standardizing course shell and McGraw-Hill content for online course utilizing McGraw-Hill products. Assist in data synchronization between student system and McGraw-Hill systems.
Legacy company going digital
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 23, 2013
Pros: nice people.
Cons: 60-hour workweeks.
Getting more entrepreneurial. Heavy workload. Bureaucratic internal processes hamper growth and innovation.
Great learning experience
Copywriter (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: flexible environment, occasional free food, accessibly supplies
Cons: office politics
I've had a great learning experience here, and enjoyed working in a flexible environment. While this is a corporate workplace with the usual office politics, I was able to connect with some colleagues and forge true friendships.

About McGraw-Hill Education

McGraw-Hill Higher Education is a premier provider of print and digital teaching and learning solutions for the post-secondary – Read more

McGraw-Hill Education Photos