McGraw-Hill Education Employee Reviews in United States

Was a good place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 22, 2016
Work days were sometimes very long but management appreciated the dedication to the job. Co-workers were for the most part a group of hardworking dedicated workers that attempted to produce quality products. Upper-level management and other factors caused CTB to be purchased by another vendor.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Long hours. Each week was more than the 37.5 expected. Many weeks saw 50 + hours.
CTB/McGraw-Hill was sold to Data Recognition Corporation
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 12, 2016
CTB/ McGraw-Hill was sold to Data Recognition Corporation out of state, thus due to many duplicate positions, 80% of the staff was transitioned out. At one time CTB/McGraw-Hill was a great place to work and offered opportunities for growth.
Pros
Team building, opportunity for growth, good environment
Cons
The company was sold
MHHE author
Author (Current Employee) –  Self-employedJuly 20, 2016
I write college textbooks for MHHE. The editors I work with are wonderful! They answer my queries promptly and thoroughly explain procedures. From beginning to end, MHHE does a great job.
Pros
Very professional. They answer my queries promptly and are always on top of things.
Cons
Everything is now done through the Internet. I miss meeting with the editors in NYC.
Enjoyable
Packer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2016
There was always work, always a productive day and I learned to use different machines through out the years I worked there. There was never a problem with anyone, management was helpful and kind and fair at all times. I never had a hard time doing my job and the best part of my job was that It was enjoyable doing what I did.
Exceptional company to work for
Instructional Coach (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2016
Wonderful manager, excellent team, even though we were all in different states. Networking opportunities were outstanding. Working with the various school districts providing professional development to teachers, students and administrators on the digital teaching platform and changing lives was amazing.
Pros
Travel, opportunity to work with teachers, students, and administrators. Excellent benefits.
Great Internship
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 4, 2016
I love my internship with McGraw-Hill. They are a great company to work for and offer an ideal environment. My co-workers are very helpful with my success on projects and want to see me grow. The hardest part of an internship is not know if a job offer could come following, but on the bright side I have many new references!
A great work environment!
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
McGraw Hill Education is a great place to work, co-workers are like family. Managers treat workers like adults and are very considerate and flexible. They have a work at home program which is awesome.
There are loads of training opportunities and seminars to attend which in turn help you become a well rounded employee. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the work family environment.
Their benefits package is great.
Pros
Good benefits, ability to work from home, great work enviroment.
Cons
Like any other company their need to downsize.
a talented team
Academic Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2016
McGraw-Hill Education attracts many bright, talented, and lovely people to its teams. Working with my colleagues has been my greatest pleasure on this job. In addition, my manager was able to give me some flexibility to help me achieve work/life balance.

I have learned a lot about the teaching of ELA and ELD at the elementary level.

The hardest part of my job was not always being clear of the vision or expectations of the upper level managers.
Family culture and very supportive co-workers
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  20 Ryan Ranch, Monterey, CAMay 13, 2016
The division had its ups and downs to start with and then it became a roller coaster ride. The blessing was to have a great team in constant transitions.
Pros
Trainings, team building, and diversity
Cons
Constant changes
Basically a good company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHApril 21, 2016
Basically a good company with wide name recognition. Great work/life balance. Promotions are rare. Pretty good benefits. Pleasant colleagues who have been employed at the company for a very long time.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Promotions are rare
Ongoing work, always something to do
Warehouse Shipping (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJanuary 7, 2016
Loved my short time that i was there, only reason why I left is to start college. A typical day of work consisted of sorting packages coming down the line and then take them to their assigned pallet. When done, we would wrap the pallets to prepare for shipment.
Pros
Always 8 hr work days
Cons
Tons of overtime in summer, 12-15 hours days
Good company, good opportunity to build out a security program
Senior Security Architect (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJOctober 29, 2015
Great co-workers, technical teams very supportive and cooperative with each other. Company is still in the early stages following separation from parent company so many practices and processes are in their infancy.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Tight budgets
Good Company
Mail Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2015
A typical work day consisted of organizing and distributing incoming/outgoing mail for multiple client floors and department; processing packages and provide data entry for shipping carriers
and interacting with many of our clients.

Management was easy to get along with.
Pros
Flexibility, meeting and working with different clients
Excellence benefits
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHSeptember 24, 2015
Busy fast paced job. I learned to be a hard worker and never to say I don't know. My co-workers were always willing to help. The hardest part of my job was leaving for breaks, lunch and the end of my shift during busy times. I could work 24 hours a day to stay caught up. Loved my job at McGraw-Hill Education.
Renewal Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2015
The compensation and benefits package are very generous. However, there is very little room for advancement once you are in a certain role.
Pros
compensation, benefits, culture
Cons
lack of advancement opportunity
Job was interesting and allowed me to travel throughout Kentucky.
SALES & SALES MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 1, 2015
This job was great. It allowed me to work as a per diem and travel throughout the state of Kentucky, working with educators. My job was to uncover potential client schools, present curriculum to principals, curriculum director, and teachers. I learned a great deal about digital curriculum and it best uses in the classroom. The hardest part of the job was to meet the true need withing the budget constrictions. Many schools had no money to pay for curriculum. My co-workers were fantastic. We worked together well to provide whatever was needed for presentations and follow-up. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and getting to know a lot of new people.
Pros
This job was quite flexible and fun.
Cons
There are many weeks throughout the year I could not work because of school schedules.
Positive environment
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJSeptember 9, 2015
Great Company to work for, lots of perks. Fun people that still work very hard, but can still enjoy their workplace.
Best part of the day is ringing the bell when achieving the collection quota, and getting recognized by the entire staff.
Pros
Celebrate all occassions
Cons
computer system goes down constantlyf
Learned many thing about myself and life
Reprint Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2015
Great Company to work for, great people, awesome benefits overall wonderful experience. I was at this company for 29 years I've met a lot of great people and also lost a few friends, if I could do it all again I would.
Pros
Free coffee, summer outings
Cons
n/a
Productive work environment.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2015
Days pas really quick. you get to know a lot of people throughout the area you are working. Management it is excellent, co-workers are professional.
Productive and Challenging
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2015
A lot of opportunities to learn new things and plenty of areas to help improve. The company has a very good culture and encourages everyone to succeed. The co-workers and management were great but unfortunately there was a lot of turnover in the higher positions which caused frequent changes for better or for worse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McGraw-Hill Education. Our community is ready to answer.

McGraw-Hill Education Reviews by Location