McGraw Hill Financial

McGraw Hill Financial Employee Reviews in United States

Great Project-Focused team
Senior Technical Writer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJuly 13, 2016
An audit preparation team was assembled and run much like a rapid deployment force. Long hours, short deadlines, supported by hiring manager feeding us multiple meals per day as a way of rewarding our dedication.
Pros
Good management & free lunches
McGraw Hill
Subscription Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2016
It was a pleasure working for McGraw Hill, training was great and the trainers were very informative.

They were there too answer any questions and I enjoyed the position.
Productive and rewarding place to work
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2016
Good pay and rewarding job. The hours were great but there was not enough work for all of the employees. If there are ever full time employment opportunities I would encourage qualified people to apply.
Pros
Good hours, good pay
Cons
not enough work, temporary positions
Productive and steadily evolving company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 14, 2016
Always greeted with a smile. I knew what your work load consist of so I would just prioritize and get it done in a timely manner. Co-workers were very friendly. Overall I a nice place to work. I enjoyed the employee incentives and the community projects they were involved in.
Seasonal Positions Only
Digital Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJune 7, 2016
No raises, old-boy network, everything is based on time in, not performance. Many employees do not posses any degree's or certifications. After graduating from school with my degree and working in the field for 5-6 years. I was placed in a warehouse role an advised to pursue a forklift position. I was also told I could re-apply for the job I was hired for when there is another opening. Why, I was the last to be hired in. This was also done to many other good employees who also decided leave Arrow.
Edit review
Great Job
Human Resources Specialist II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
Loved working at McGraw Hill. I worked myself up. Lots of advancement. education reimbursement. Met alot of interesting people. Interacted with artist, financial people, writers,
Good company and people
Data Acquisition Specialist - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 3, 2016
A strong company that cares for it's employees and strives and succeeds at being the best in the business. Best people to work with keeping up motivation and drive.
Productive workplace, pleasant atmosphere, solid 'teams' efforts.
Receptionist/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2016
Productive workplace, pleasant atmosphere, solid 'teams' efforts. Hardworking staffers maintaining company's goals, while able to lighten up and interject fun moments along the day. Never a dull moment... great place to work. Management are thoughtful individuals and approachable. One of my most appreciated experiences. Held two positions within separate divisions of McGraw-Hill. My review is of my experience and knowledge of various entities within The McGraw-Hill Companies.
Great experience
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2016
I had a great working experience here. It really helped building up my career as a front end developer. I really liked working here. My co-workers really helped me to complete task in time.
Great culture
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2016
Great work environment depending on the team you are in. I always felt challenged and that my contributions were of merit.
Pros
Good work life balance, advancement
Cons
Too big
management poor
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2016
Not a fun place to work although they pay well. Everyone looking for other jobs. Management constantly changing strategies.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
lack of management vision
The company as a whole is a good company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
The company has many different divisions that is very diverse in a lot of ways but hard to get into without the proper education or certifications. The department that I worked in was phased out and others that had a longer tenure was moved to another department.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
DIdn't get an opportunity to grow with the company due to department closure.
Associate Director, Market Data Partnerships (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
Few opportunities for advancement. Lacked strategic direction. Too many changes in senior leaderhship.llaskdjflksajfaslkfjaslkjflaskjflsajflksajkldfasjlfjas
Productivity held as company focus, no " fun ' allowed
Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2016
Desk bound for 7 and 1/2 hrs per day, the need to maintain productivity and quality were upheld at the cost of soft-skills.

Team leads were noticeable pressure driven and there was no second chance options left to the individual.

"Training" became less and less where the individual were left to go through modules to understand concepts and consistently apply them.

Work projects oriented to no long term employment was offered.
Good Job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hightstown NJFebruary 5, 2016
I nurtured new and existing client relationships, allowing me to align their needs with my company insuring positive growth for all parties, short and long-term. I conceptualized and executed strategies that generated quantifiable results for both my client and company.
Excellent training. Excellent team work
Test Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, InJanuary 15, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Management and supervisors work together well. They are respectable and most helpful. They try to make the atmosphere a positive one.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
Training to grade I-step tests was very poor. Our teachers were not trained very well.
Test Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2016
Sat in a large conference room with 250 to 300 computers. Everyone working together. Team leaders were assigned and those were the people we could ask questions or get help. Each test had a read-behind and we were asked periodically to review these.
Management was very poor and sometimes not existent. I grade many different state tests during this time. Enjoyed most of the people that I met (most had been former teachers). Hardest part was sitting at the computer for many hours each day.
Pros
Lunch room and coke machines.
Cons
Short breaks and no perks.
Fun
SALES/ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hightstown, NJDecember 20, 2015
It was a great job until the owner decided to lock up and shut the doors. We were left with out a job with only 24 hours notice.
Pros
high level sales
Cons
closed
archive coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 16, 2015
Benefits were good (pay, insurance, tuition reimbursement)
on-site café, good food
on-site work out room with showers
well-educated co-workers
Was my dream job, until they cut 500 employees in one day (not the first time I saw it happen, either)
Pros
great place to work, team environment
Cons
no mental security anymore
Family enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHDecember 13, 2015
Gathered pertinent information to create and enter large volume of book orders daily.
Interfaced with customers to identify needs, field questions and facilitate book sales.
Management was represented with strong leadership and integrity.
Co-workers were like family.
Hardest part of my job was waiting for opportunity to advance.
The most enjoyable part of my job was resolving customer needs/problems within the shortest time frame possible while maintaining constant positive attitude.
Pros
Changing a previous negative experience of a customer into a positive experience.
Cons
Little advancement at that time