McGraw Hill Financial

McGraw Hill Financial Employee Reviews

Great diverse of people from around the world.
Business Information Data Analyst (Former Employee), Centennial, COAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Overtime a couple months out of the year, but not mandatory.
Cons: Sometimes micromanaged for ridiculous reasons.
Exciting to meet people of diverse culture, become their friends and understand their language. Typical work day was repetitive, but it was still fun.
decent company
Sales Representative, Highstown, NJ (Current Employee), east windsorAugust 17, 2015
not bad, numerous products. 45k base 20-30k commisions, persistence and dedication required. good start to a career. close to home fairly easy going, outdated building. not too bad 7/10
Warehouse
Auditor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2015
Pros: gifts
Cons: standing all day
Good pay for the easy job that need to be done. Can get 35 hours or more, fast pace job Company tends to show favoritism to employees which causes problems
Dynamic and exciting work and culture
Program and Project Manager, Global Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2015
a lot of great people. Solid management and growing talent base. recent re-organizations have vastly improve business and product alignment with customer focus and industry leadership a clear objective. Should continue to improve and draw good talent
The people are great but...
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee), Dubuque IAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Lack of leadership skills and foresight greatly limit the groups possibilities. Feels like a large company run like a mom and pop shop
Challenging coding.
Automator\Developer (Former Employee), Blacklick, OHJune 29, 2015
Time wasting\distracting co-workers. Sat next to people who were very social and had nothing to do with my project. No job security.
It was fun to work there, best experience.
QA Analyst (Former Employee), East Windsor, NJJune 11, 2015
Pros: I had best Experience
Cons: work was out sourced
Yes best company to work for.
Best management. I had very capable team leader.
Testing the software was the best part of the job.
Good pay and benefits
DIRECTOR (Former Employee), 1221 Ave of AmericasJune 11, 2015
MHF paid well and benefits were on par with most large corporations. 401K match was above average. People are genuine and work life balance is really good.
Great brands, no innovation
Strategic Sales Director Engineering News Record (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2015
Great brands, colleagues and clients, but no innovation, lackluster management, lots of uncertainty and no marketing. Hard to get things done. Limited support. Lots of silos.
typical work day
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee), Hightstown, NJMay 30, 2015
working on the phone placing calls to give service our company provided and working with a team. pleasant environment to work at. Also with management if you work hard they move you up within the company.
Fast paced, high energy environment.
Senior manager purchasing (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
Pros: Flex work hours, "business casual work clothes ok"
Cons: long Island Water
Visiting and meeting with suppliers. Quarterly score card review meetings with vendors to review there performance. Reviewing daily summaries of individual supplier performance and sum reports comparing supplier doing the same or similar work to one another. Scheduling meetings with problem suppliers, who are consistently late or falling short of performance quotas and have quality problems.
fast-paced environment with talented people
Chief Editor, Nuclear, for Platts (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 28, 2015
staffed by hard-working journalists dedicated to their craft; a company committed to producing in-depth coverage of energy markets
First real job out of High School
Mail Room Operator (Former Employee), Hightstown, NJApril 25, 2015
Pros: Was a great first office job
Cons: Travel Time
I worked on a Magazine Team and worked with Micro Fish Machine. I did Address Changes and added new customers to the programs. I answered phones when the Office Manager was out or went to Lunch.
productive work space with ping pong table
CSIT - Customer Service Information Tool (Former Employee), New York, NYCApril 17, 2015
Pros: Very nice people to work with
productive work space with ping pong table
very nice professional people to work with
flexible working hours
friendly management
Very busy environment
Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Hightstown, NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: very nice working conditions
Cons: short breaks
The day generally flew by, working at the call center many members would call in daily for assistance. Being short staffed meant having to wear many hats at times.
Pleasantly paced publishing company.
Data Processing Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great beneifits.
Cons: A lot of downsizing.
The most enjoyable part of working at McGraw-Hill Financial was the different people I was exposed to during my time there. I worked for the construction magazine division and a typical work day is meeting daily deadlines. Management was very open and supportive in hearing my ideas or grievances. My co-workers were always more than willing to help me with things I wasn't familiar with and I learned so much from them and the clients I communicated with. My job taught me patience and taught me to strive for more in life.
An intellectually stimulating environment.
Editorial Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Monterey, CAMarch 30, 2015
I worked for CTB/McGraw-Hill from 2000-2003 and from 2013-2014. I was a journalist and at this company I found out I was also an outstanding editor. It was the best job I ever had.
Am looking for the right job!
News Photographer/ Reporter (Current Employee), Indianapolis INMarch 27, 2015
Each day I am given a news assignment, communication skills and time management are of the utmost importance. I will begin to call and do research for story, and will have to turn a story that will be on the News that evening. Each day is completely different and challenging.
Temp to hire
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Centennial, COMarch 25, 2015
I started working with the company as temporary staff and am still awaiting a timeline for permanent status. I became trained immediately to handle a large variety of different transactions.
Outsourcing everything they can
Sr. Payroll Tax Specialist (Former Employee), Hightstown, NJMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: Not family oriented
Company outsourcing everything they can, employees with over 30 years have been let go. Many changes in senior management with new ideas.
Industry