McGraw Hill Financial

McGraw Hill Financial Employee Reviews

typical work day
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee), Hightstown, NJMay 30, 2015
working on the phone placing calls to give service our company provided and working with a team. pleasant environment to work at. Also with management if you work hard they move you up within the company.
Fast paced, high energy environment.
Senior manager purchasing (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
Pros: Flex work hours, "business casual work clothes ok"
Cons: long Island Water
Visiting and meeting with suppliers. Quarterly score card review meetings with vendors to review there performance. Reviewing daily summaries of individual supplier performance and sum reports comparing supplier doing the same or similar work to one another. Scheduling meetings with problem suppliers, who are consistently late or falling short of performance quotas and have quality problems.
fast-paced environment with talented people
Chief Editor, Nuclear, for Platts (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 28, 2015
staffed by hard-working journalists dedicated to their craft; a company committed to producing in-depth coverage of energy markets
First real job out of High School
Mail Room Operator (Former Employee), Hightstown, NJApril 25, 2015
Pros: Was a great first office job
Cons: Travel Time
I worked on a Magazine Team and worked with Micro Fish Machine. I did Address Changes and added new customers to the programs. I answered phones when the Office Manager was out or went to Lunch.
productive work space with ping pong table
CSIT - Customer Service Information Tool (Former Employee), New York, NYCApril 17, 2015
Pros: Very nice people to work with
productive work space with ping pong table
very nice professional people to work with
flexible working hours
friendly management
Very busy environment
Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Hightstown, NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: very nice working conditions
Cons: short breaks
The day generally flew by, working at the call center many members would call in daily for assistance. Being short staffed meant having to wear many hats at times.
Pleasantly paced publishing company.
Data Processing Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great beneifits.
Cons: A lot of downsizing.
The most enjoyable part of working at McGraw-Hill Financial was the different people I was exposed to during my time there. I worked for the construction magazine division and a typical work day is meeting daily deadlines. Management was very open and supportive in hearing my ideas or grievances. My co-workers were always more than willing to help me with things I wasn't familiar with and I learned so much from them and the clients I communicated with. My job taught me patience and taught me to strive for more in life.
An intellectually stimulating environment.
Editorial Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Monterey, CAMarch 30, 2015
I worked for CTB/McGraw-Hill from 2000-2003 and from 2013-2014. I was a journalist and at this company I found out I was also an outstanding editor. It was the best job I ever had.
Am looking for the right job!
News Photographer/ Reporter (Current Employee), Indianapolis INMarch 27, 2015
Each day I am given a news assignment, communication skills and time management are of the utmost importance. I will begin to call and do research for story, and will have to turn a story that will be on the News that evening. Each day is completely different and challenging.
Temp to hire
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Centennial, COMarch 25, 2015
I started working with the company as temporary staff and am still awaiting a timeline for permanent status. I became trained immediately to handle a large variety of different transactions.
Outsourcing everything they can
Sr. Payroll Tax Specialist (Former Employee), Hightstown, NJMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: Not family oriented
Company outsourcing everything they can, employees with over 30 years have been let go. Many changes in senior management with new ideas.
Great opportunity to learn and achieve succes
Distribution Associate Receiving (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not bad at all
Excellent place to grow and learn.
Provide free courses to learn.
Excellent training program in all departments.
ABC program provided to learn in all the different departments.
Opportunity to get superior positions.
Globalization
Financial Analyst - Global Accounting Services (Current Employee), Hightstown, NJMarch 16, 2015
The company focused to high performance while competing in a very competitive Globalized industry. This role strengthened my technically skills.
Contractor Position
Digital Care Support (Current Employee), Burr Ridge, ILMarch 8, 2015
Pros: work from home opportunity
Cons: various work schedules
Working at McGraw I meet a great bunch of people. I enjoyed establishing relationships with the instructors I supported. I gained the opportunity to become a work from home agent.
wonderful job
National Document Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioFebruary 25, 2015
I absolutely LOVED working for this company! I am just sad that when they sold the construction portion of the company, my job got cut. But they did help with a great severance package. I wish I was able to still work for them.
• Oracle R12 Payable, Fixed Asset Module, General Ledger, EBTAX, Account Receivable, Financial Accounting Hub
Oracle Fusion Financial Technical (Current Employee), Hightstown, NJFebruary 24, 2015
• Over 8.9 years of experience in Oracle R12 and J2EE.
• Worked on multiple Oracle R12 Implementation projects and has detail knowledge in Oracle R12 project implementation model.
• Knowledge of OAF, Bi Publisher, PL/SQL,SOA, BPEL 11g, AIA, core java,J2EE Technologies(Servlet, jsp, jdbc)
• Knowledge on frameworks like Struts (1.1).
• Experience with development tools like JDeveloper, Net Bean, Intelij.
• Experience in Databases like Oracle 10g, Oracle 9i.
• Good understanding in PL/SQL
• Good understanding in XML.
Correspondent (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 20, 2015
McGraw Hill CEC took time to make sure their students thrived in the Continuting Education program. Many have kept ties with former instructors and employees.
Fast-paced, multi-cultural office environment
Administrative Assistant to CTO (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Wonderfully, fast-paced, fun days where I learned a lot and met a lot of intelligent and driven people. I am very fond of my days at McGraw Hill.
Broadcast television news
Promotions Department Designer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2015
Promotional and News Graphic designer
Downsized due to automation of digital assets

Adobe Design, Wide format printing
Sales Support and Internal communications
Deadline-driven environment where metrics drove strategy
Senior Content Acquisitions Editor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: complex management structure
McGraw-Hill was an environment defined by individual accountability. A large organization where responsibilities are clearly defined and contributors understand their roles and how these roles support and effect the larger goal of producing best-of-breed content for specific market segments.
Challenges around evolving and changing internal systems initiated an agile approach to working with data. The integration of different databases caused disruption which was also an opportunity for those searching for innovation.

1 2 3 4 5

About McGraw Hill Financial

McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity – Read more

McGraw Hill Financial Salaries

$49,500 per year
Account Manager
$100,000 per year

McGraw Hill Financial Photos

Our intern at the MHFI brand launch party.
Employees celebrating the launch of McGraw Hill Financial and the NYC brand launch party.
Our campus team recruiting at Boston College.