McGraw Hill Financial Employee Reviews

Project Manager - McGraw-Hill
Project Manager - Test Building (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 5, 2017
I really enjoyed working for McGraw-Hill. Though I worked many 12 hour days, the work was exciting and challenging.

There were weekly deadlines that had to be met, and we were successful it accomplishing this every week.

I love being around people, talking to people, etc., and my coworkers were just as dedicated as I was to doing a great job. We worked hard, but we also laughed and had fun while working.

I enjoyed managing the test building team. The biggest lesson I learned was that your best, most accurate workers were not always the best trainers. People learn differently and at different paces, and some individuals either do not have the temperament to be good trainers.
Pros
A lot of meals purchased for us by the company due to long working hours, great benefits
Cons
It was too bad that our division was eliminated due to standardized state testing
Inventory/OP Operator (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHDecember 14, 2016
in inventory pretty fast paced, continuously on the go. no room for error. The most enjoyable part of the job is the attitude/ personality of the Co workers.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Encourages for inside growth
News Coordinator Reporter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2016
The company has an excellent tuition program and encourages employees to return to school and get a higher education in order to be promoted. Works with the employee on self-preservation.
Pros
Job tuition
Cons
Outsources jobs
Productive, smart employees
Sr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 25, 2016
During my time at McGraw Hill I learned and grew so much. My managers were the best in the company who took interest in their employees and their growth.
My 1st introduction into coperate Real Estate
Executive and Real Estate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2016
My supervisor at the time (Chase) was a fun and easy going gentleman to speak with, the team was dedicated and hardworking.
Excellent Benefits
Data Entry/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJSeptember 1, 2016
They made me feel like I was part of the family and they really welcomed me to the company. I would love to work for this company again.
progressive comany to work with
Director of Operations / IT (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 1, 2016
Moved through the company management to director of print sits for producing Dodge Reports on construction. Field operatives would gather sit information and we would disseminate it into the specific categories required by our individual end users. All reports would be collated and packaged for mailing nightly and sent to the airport or post office for distribution.
Nice and Productive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILAugust 30, 2016
This place was very nice to work at. I learned most of my ticketing system experience from here and it was very meaningful towards my career. The hard part of the job was keeping up with the calls. There was lots coming in on different days.
Pros
Relaxing atmosphere
Cons
Short project
McGraw was a fun place to work
Executive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2016
McGraw-Hill also offered me the opportunity to learn, grow and experience a time where work was fun. I was allowed to work and train with the VP of Cultural Diversity which was the greatest part of my job; allowing me to travel and work as she trained our sales staff. The administrative part of the job was easy because the learning experience from the training was what made the job so exciting.
A work environment that provides multiple avenues for acquiring increased knowledge
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  55 Water StreetAugust 15, 2016
The firm is growing through acquisitions and will continue to increase revenue for its shareholders. Highly intelligent workforce and very dedicated to their task.
The Division I worked for for McGraw-Hill has been sold.
Planroom Admin and Conststruction News Reporter (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 9, 2016
McGraw_Hill was a wonderful company and my peers were amazing. I knew for years my position would be eliminated; so that dark cloud was always hanging over me until my position was finally eliminated. I was well taken care of by the company in my severance package.
Pros
Benefits - Fast Pace - Interesting - Variation from Day-to-Day
Cons
Watching people gradually let go due to restructuring.
Professional organization in transition
Analyst - Paper Inventory (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
Its been a couple years since I worked at McGraw but it was a very professional, if not exciting, workplace going through a transitioning period.
Considered an industry leader
SALES DIRECTOR - ENERGY PRACTICE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2016
McGraw Hill Financial (NYSE: MHFI) is a leading financial intelligence company providing the global capital and commodity markets with independent benchmarks, credit ratings, portfolio and enterprise risk solutions, and analytics.
Great Project-Focused team
Senior Technical Writer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJuly 13, 2016
An audit preparation team was assembled and run much like a rapid deployment force. Long hours, short deadlines, supported by hiring manager feeding us multiple meals per day as a way of rewarding our dedication.
Pros
Good management & free lunches
McGraw Hill
Subscription Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2016
It was a pleasure working for McGraw Hill, training was great and the trainers were very informative.

They were there too answer any questions and I enjoyed the position.
Productive and rewarding place to work
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2016
Good pay and rewarding job. The hours were great but there was not enough work for all of the employees. If there are ever full time employment opportunities I would encourage qualified people to apply.
Pros
Good hours, good pay
Cons
not enough work, temporary positions
Productive and steadily evolving company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 14, 2016
Always greeted with a smile. I knew what your work load consist of so I would just prioritize and get it done in a timely manner. Co-workers were very friendly. Overall I a nice place to work. I enjoyed the employee incentives and the community projects they were involved in.
Seasonal Positions Only
Digital Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJune 7, 2016
No raises, old-boy network, everything is based on time in, not performance. Many employees do not posses any degree's or certifications. After graduating from school with my degree and working in the field for 5-6 years. I was placed in a warehouse role an advised to pursue a forklift position. I was also told I could re-apply for the job I was hired for when there is another opening. Why, I was the last to be hired in. This was also done to many other good employees who also decided leave Arrow.
Edit review
Great Job
Human Resources Specialist II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
Loved working at McGraw Hill. I worked myself up. Lots of advancement. education reimbursement. Met alot of interesting people. Interacted with artist, financial people, writers,
Good company and people
Data Acquisition Specialist - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 3, 2016
A strong company that cares for it's employees and strives and succeeds at being the best in the business. Best people to work with keeping up motivation and drive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McGraw Hill Financial. Our community is ready to answer.