McGraw Hill Financial

McGraw Hill Financial Employee Reviews

Good Job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hightstown NJFebruary 5, 2016
I nurtured new and existing client relationships, allowing me to align their needs with my company insuring positive growth for all parties, short and long-term. I conceptualized and executed strategies that generated quantifiable results for both my client and company.
Excellent training. Excellent team work
Test Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, InJanuary 15, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Management and supervisors work together well. They are respectable and most helpful. They try to make the atmosphere a positive one.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
Training to grade I-step tests was very poor. Our teachers were not trained very well.
Test Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2016
Sat in a large conference room with 250 to 300 computers. Everyone working together. Team leaders were assigned and those were the people we could ask questions or get help. Each test had a read-behind and we were asked periodically to review these.
Management was very poor and sometimes not existent. I grade many different state tests during this time. Enjoyed most of the people that I met (most had been former teachers). Hardest part was sitting at the computer for many hours each day.
Pros
Lunch room and coke machines.
Cons
Short breaks and no perks.
Fun
SALES/ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hightstown, NJDecember 20, 2015
It was a great job until the owner decided to lock up and shut the doors. We were left with out a job with only 24 hours notice.
Pros
high level sales
Cons
closed
archive coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 16, 2015
Benefits were good (pay, insurance, tuition reimbursement)
on-site café, good food
on-site work out room with showers
well-educated co-workers
Was my dream job, until they cut 500 employees in one day (not the first time I saw it happen, either)
Pros
great place to work, team environment
Cons
no mental security anymore
Family enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blacklick, OHDecember 13, 2015
Gathered pertinent information to create and enter large volume of book orders daily.
Interfaced with customers to identify needs, field questions and facilitate book sales.
Management was represented with strong leadership and integrity.
Co-workers were like family.
Hardest part of my job was waiting for opportunity to advance.
The most enjoyable part of my job was resolving customer needs/problems within the shortest time frame possible while maintaining constant positive attitude.
Pros
Changing a previous negative experience of a customer into a positive experience.
Cons
Little advancement at that time
Growing Pains
Manager (Former Employee) –  USADecember 7, 2015
Typical day...self-managed, deliverable driven, with most enjoyable part of job working with like-minded talented resources and seeing the results of our work make a difference toward achieving company transformation goals.

What I learned...transformation brought out worst in some leaders with the hardest part of the job was getting things done in an ever growing politically toxic environment.
Pros
Company growth
Cons
Leadership
I have very much enjoyed working for McGraw Hill Financial.
Director, Global Cross-Asset Investment Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
McGraw Hill Financial has been an enjoyable place to work. I have been employed there for many years and have had the pleasure of working with some very knowledgeable colleagues.
Fast pace
Picking (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 5, 2015
Hard to get hired on if you did't have relative working for McGraw hill.
Pay was ok. 40 hour weeks. Some overtime. Fast pace.
Pros
nice new warehouse enviroment
Cons
Great education business segment company.
CTB, Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 16, 2015
One of my first jobs out of college. I worked for some great managers here and really appreciate them taking me under their wing. Thank you DVL, KG, DG and MK!

Want to know more about McGraw Hill Financial?

Ask a question
Good Place to work.
Administrative/Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hightstown, NJOctober 14, 2015
Did not offer full time position.
Company was good to work.
Enjoyed working in Financial Dept and Business week Dept.
Most enjoyable as they were very flexible time wise.
A fun place to work
Customer Service/Research-Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 12, 2015
Make outbound callls to different Architectual firms in all 50 states. The purpose was to generate Sales leads for various companies
Pros
Professional work environment
Cons
Not a strong pay rate.
Great Company Great People
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 10, 2015
Great company to work for. They hire smart people and hard work is recognized. The best company I've worked for so far. People are great.
Going through cultural changes
Director, Strategy & Corporate Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2015
Going through cultural changes. Change a lot in the eight years I worked there. I personally liked it the old way but I am sure once it settles in it will not be too bad.
Great place to work with great team players.
Permit Specialist/International Reporter (Former Employee) –  Hightstown, NJSeptember 26, 2015
Processing all Domestic building permits for New Commercial Construction/additions and alteration projects and any Residential addition. Researching All International Building projects for all info to be put into our system (Dodge Data) so contractors have everything they need to know, right at their finger tips. The hardest part was trying to find out where the project was located, being there aren't any roads with names in a lot of Third World Countries, so we had to go by Longitude and Latitude which can get confusing. But, it is amazing how unique and detailed all of the construction is all over the world. Working with great people and sharing input on each others projects was amazing. By the end of the day, you felt like you've been to whatever country you worked on all day. It was very interesting and rewarding when you finish a lead with so much info such as Owner, Architect, GC, Etc., with all their contact info, and any other info there is to know about a specific project.
Pros
Learned alot about other countries. Very rewarding.
Cons
They sold the company.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 14, 2015
I have learned about the education fields and about to sell in NYC.

I have learned to understand the famis education system in NYC.

It was a nice working environment but moved to Ohio.
Pros
nice work atmosphere
Cons
moved to Ohio
Good learning experience
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2015
Lack of knowledge transfer by leaving employees led to unnecessary work and confusion. However talk of the use of new technology was a major factor employees stayed at their positions.
Great diverse of people from around the world.
Business Information Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 20, 2015
Exciting to meet people of diverse culture, become their friends and understand their language. Typical work day was repetitive, but it was still fun.
Pros
Overtime a couple months out of the year, but not mandatory.
Cons
Sometimes micromanaged for ridiculous reasons.
decent company
Sales Representative, Highstown, NJ (Current Employee) –  east windsorAugust 17, 2015
not bad, numerous products. 45k base 20-30k commisions, persistence and dedication required. good start to a career. close to home fairly easy going, outdated building. not too bad 7/10
Warehouse
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2015
Good pay for the easy job that need to be done. Can get 35 hours or more, fast pace job Company tends to show favoritism to employees which causes problems
Pros
gifts
Cons
standing all day