McGraw Hill Financial Employee Reviews

Great company
Free lance work (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2018
Was a great company to work for. Working from home as a freelancer the newer technology they were beginning to use was more than I used from home. It was easy to work for them. They supplied the information needed to succeed in the job. I was able to work hours the way I wanted. Each job was a contract base paid job. So the money was based on time to take and the amount of information needed for me to do. The hardest thing for me was to make sure all data was correct and on time. I never missed aa due date.I loved the job never met a lot of the people but they were very friendly and knowledgeable.
Great work atmosphere
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2018
McGraw Hill has a great work atmosphere. Mangement treats you like you are an adult. The main thing they care about is that you do your job. There was no micro managing
Challenging and rewarding
Production Supervisor - Electronic Production (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Very friendly work environment. Many opportunities for learning new skills and advancement. Management encouraged opportunities to volunteer in my community and were extremely sympathetic when I needed time off for health issues for myself and my family. The company was completely understanding when I became disabled and allowed me to work from home instead of going to the office each day; I met or exceeded all goals and project deadlines while working from home as was evidenced by my performance reviews. If not for the company disbanding the equity research department, I would have remained a happy employee today.
Pros
Flexible, encouraging environment
Fun place to work
Teller/Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Easy going work day. Great clients and co workers. Dealt with mainly union members and McGraw Hill employees within the building. Wasn't a long workday and balancing the branch did not take long.
Great company to work with
Textbook reviewer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Being a contract textbook expert reviewer for this company was great. I worked from home & set my own hours daily. I simply had to have final product by deadline date. Compensation was comparable to knowledge & tasks as well as time sensitive.
Pros
set own hours
Cons
waiting to be paid
excellent pay and benefits
Architectural Plan Room Manager and Reporter (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIDecember 6, 2017
Great company to work for. Great benefits, solid and organized. Yearly reviews, raises. They provide you with the proper incentives and training you need to be successful. Expectations are clear.
Stressful time because our division was sold
NATIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2017
Given the circumstances of our division being sold, the company did a good job of keep us informed of the process. The pay and benefits were fair and consistent.
Revenue forgives all ills
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2017
when revenue and "street" opinion are positive, material, impactful and necessary changes become more difficult. Cultural environment on constant flux and politized
excellent
TRANSACTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2017
great place; good structure in place. Plenty of change to keep you engaged - changes in business units, acquisitions of companies, dispositions of companies.
Long time ago cannot comment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
I worked at McGraw Hill a long time ago. Cannot comment on present leadership or management. At the time it was a good place to work. Slow paced, corporate environment.
Great Place to work
Associate Director/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
Great company to work for, I learned so much from my time there.
The majority of my career at S&P was great, I moved up the corporate later at my own pace and was supported the whole way.
McGraw-hill
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 12, 2017
Started out well but management did not do a great job of holding teams together. Loved it when I was there. Not sure what the status is now. Worth a try.
Friendly co-workers and encouraging.
Oracle DBA- Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Pull reports on the DB usage and also available for support when developers were working with their code. Performance tuning and other normal database administrator duties like backups , etc.
Temporary position
Hand Scorer, Stafforward (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2017
The position I had with this company is no longer available. The company lost the contract to Pearson after the assignment that I had with them. So therefore I would recommend going to Pearson or another company for a similar position.
McGraw-Hill Financial was a great company.
Director/Senior Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
McGraw-Hill Financial was a great company with great management, pay, and benefits. The company was one very large team and everyone played an important role.
Purchased by DRC
Business Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2017
Once CTB was purchased by DRC everything changed. I loved working for CTB. I learned a lot from a lot of wonderful people. I will always cherish my clients and the friends I made at CTB
Pros
Co-workers, Benefit, Great Clients
Cons
bought out by DRC
Great workplace!
Program Manager II (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 14, 2017
A typical day consists of team and customer meetings. Enjoyed working in a matrix organization. I learned project management tools. The training at McGraw-Hill was awesome! The work place culture was supportive and fast paced. The hardest part of the job was juggling multiple programs at the same time. The most enjoyable part was working with the incredible team members.
Pros
Team members
Cons
High Stake accounts
Great pay and benefits
Customer Solution Specialist/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hightstown, NJAugust 29, 2017
I enjoyed my co workers. We were paid as a team so we pushed each other to make our quotas and make more money. The hardest part of the job was being able to multi task along with accurate data.
Pros
Great place to advance job and salary wise
Cons
Salaries and job positions were eliminated along with cheaper benefits
Temporary employment
Treasury Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2017
Had the privilege of working for a group of professionals who truly enjoyed what they did. Loved the treasury group, their guidance and involvement on daily work.
Pros
environment
Cons
did not become permanent
No advancement
Senior Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
it wasn't a bad place to work but there was no advancement for my position.

a typical work day for my position was logging in pages and creating excel grids to calculate the budget.

i learned that different managers liked to see the data in the excel grid a different way

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McGraw Hill Financial. Our community is ready to answer.