McHenry County College Employee Reviews

Adjunt Teacher
Adjunct Teacher (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILOctober 31, 2017
It was a delight to work with the students and colleagues. Supervisors were supportive. I would have continued teaching there if there had been a need for me.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
Short term position
Horrible Management
Temporary Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILSeptember 23, 2017
Management is back stabbing. They will throw you under the bus to gain for themselves. They will also twist your words around to see that you are punished. Do not work for Workforce Education they are snakes.
Fun
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Keeping me moving ad keeping me busy and I love working in the office and working my coworkers cause they are awesome to work with me. Dealing with personal or confidential paperwork.
Mcc
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILSeptember 20, 2017
The pay is less than a living wage. Promotions are hard to get. Other than a few extra days off at Christmas, they offer little benefits for part time employees.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Low Wage
MCC Kids in College
Digital Media Instructor (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILAugust 10, 2017
The kids are fun, the counselors are even more fun, and the experience you get is extraordinary. 10/10 would work again for every summer! The programs I was asked to teach the kids were advanced, but those kids were smart and they picked it all up extremely fast!
Pros
long lunch, good programs, good people
Cons
the kids are restless...
Nice working environment.
Adjunct Math Faculty (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJuly 17, 2017
Friendly and helpful staff. Small class sizes. Facilities and classrooms are nice and well-kept. Technology was a little out-dated. It is a nice place to work.
Pros
Nice staff.
Cons
Salary
Great place to work.
Student Worker for Art Department (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJune 16, 2017
It's a great place to work, I worked with the instructors. Putting up and or taking down drawings, photos, or whatever art work that they wanted to be on display. The management was very nice and helpful and they expected you do the best that you could. You are presenting the artwork of the students, so it was important that they were displayed presentable.
Pros
Sometimes free food
Cons
Could not eat during work hours
Seasonal
Orientation Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJune 12, 2017
This was just a seasonal Summer position helping incoming students. It was a fun time, and I got to see the other end of the student life experience. Good
quiet nice
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMay 30, 2017
quiet nice peaceful could work while studding folding and putting away sheet wash clothes make bed put surgical glove in right containers fill soap despenser
Pros
quiet
Cons
hot
Always learning new things.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMay 17, 2017
Great place for students to work because they are flexible with work schedule. You also learn a lot about higher education and how it operates, and there are many friendly helpful people.
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
No job security
Good
Student Life Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMay 16, 2017
It was good overall and it was comfortable to be working there. There were not many issues at my job. There were many times that it was boring because no one came to the office or needed any assistance.
This is a terrible place to work
Dean of Students (Current Employee) –  McHenry County, ILApril 3, 2017
Administration is toxic and unethical. The work environment is terrible and most employees are very unhappy, Cannot trust anyone or believe anything they say.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
An excellent environment to grow as a worker and get experience!
IT Help Desk Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMarch 2, 2017
Although both of my positions at the college were as a student employee, the life lessons learned while working can be applied to real world settings (in and out of the work life). All other employees were incredibly understanding and treated me with the utmost respect. I would highly recommend a position like this for anyone wanting to get some work experience before entering the working world.
Community College
Student (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILFebruary 23, 2017
I had a successful two years at this community college. I played for the volleyball team and ended with a good GPA. The teachers were nice and fair.
Great place to coach!
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILFebruary 2, 2017
Great place to coach. Athletic director is very active with all teams. Great relationship with other coaches and players. Athletic program is on the rise!
Customer Service that leaves them trusting
Instructional Media Technician (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMay 16, 2016
The most rewarding part of my job is providing, fast, efficient, problem solving solutions to customers requests. This allows the client (Customer) to feel secure that an IT professional will help make them look really good to their constituents. And if they are successful then I have been successful.
Also, organization of equipment is something overlooked these days. But more and more people need to get a job done quickly and efficiently and without organization of equipment tasks can lose their rhythm and be bogged down in finding that one piece that cold save the time and save the day for a client.
Pros
Communication and teamwork
Cons
Trying to keep on top of the clean up of events
It was a friendly environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIMarch 10, 2016
Everyday I assisted students to see advisors. Occasionally, I would clean the desks and organize paperwork. It was a fast pace work environment.
Pros
My job was at my school.
Cons
low amount of hours.
It was a fun place to work, but it lacks structure and guidance!
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, IllinoisAugust 18, 2015
I learned a lot and had great co-workers. The only problem is that the IT department lacks structure, and don't have any plans for each day of work. We had assignments that had to be redone a couple of times due to the lack of supervision or because they didn't have anything else for us to do. Also, we always had a problem getting supplies that we needed to complete assignments. For example, we need to clean and do cable management in all the computer labs at the college, but we didn't have enough supplies to do so. After we ask for more, we had to wait for the ordering and shipment of the things we ask, or just make do with the supplies we had until the new stuff came in.
Pros
Great co-workers, hands on job
Cons
Lack of a plan for daily assignments.
Excellent facility always putting education first
Educator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Main campusMarch 17, 2015
Outstanding program that I have enjoyed teaching very much, good teamwork between administers and staff. I enjoy much satisfaction in educating students and following their progress from their clinical experience to their ASCP certification.
Pros
Good salary. Work with many people of different levels of education
Cons
Late nights
Best job ever!
ASSISTANT TAX SITE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJuly 18, 2014
I would still be there today if it weren't for moving 1200 miles away! I loved going into work, constantly learning, and helping others on a daily basis. My manager and co-workers were/are irreplaceable!