McHenry County College

McHenry County College Employee Reviews

Best job ever!
ASSISTANT TAX SITE MANAGER (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILJuly 18, 2014
I would still be there today if it weren't for moving 1200 miles away! I loved going into work, constantly learning, and helping others on a daily basis. My manager and co-workers were/are irreplaceable!
Great people to work with
Building Maintenance (Former Employee), crystal lake, ILJune 26, 2014
I worked the night shift at the college and I did all the painting of the classrooms and hallways. Worst part of the job was the night shift with having young kids it was hard.
Math Tutor
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILMay 19, 2014
I enjoyed this job every day,
I really like to help students,I like math
I learned interact with different ethnicity
I was working with teachers, it was great experience
Excellent place to work.
Interim Vice President Physical Facilities (Current Employee), Crystal Lake, ILJanuary 16, 2014
Manage all aspects in facilities such as plumbing, HVAC, and electrical problems. I have a strong aronomy background, as well as, management staffing.
What I Have Learned
Traffic Safety Program Assistant (Current Employee), McHenry, ILOctober 14, 2013
I have learned all aspects of the Traffic Safety program including three interactive computer programs. I enjoy working with the court program and assisting people. However, the college has too many senior administration and does not seem to appreciate the mid-level staff and rarely promotes from within.
Was a fun job with good co-workers
Custodian (Current Employee), crystal lake ilJune 11, 2013
Pros: the price of health insurance
Cons: it was at night
cleaned the kitchen scrubbed floors and cleaned and shined stainless steel you learn something every day easier way of doing something
Participated in Federal Work Study while attending school
End User Lab Monitor - Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILMay 14, 2013
Pros: different things to do on any given day.
Cons: the job was only fifteen to twenty hours a week.
It was a good opportunity to work in a computer lab and work on staying current with troubleshooting computers and printers. Also managed to find time to use Active Directory to assist students with resetting passwords and connecting to new network resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every hour and occasionally dealing with people who became regulars by choosing to come to my lab instead of going to others for the assistance I would render to them. Short term projects might include moving and reconnecting new computers, setting up AV equipment in classrooms, or documenting recurring connectivity issues across two labs.
Great co-workers poor supervision
Building Maintenance (Current Employee), Crystal Lake, ILMarch 21, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: moral low
The college is going thru a great change in staff hopefully for the better the college needs it.
Very calm and relaxed work environment
Instructor (Current Employee), Crystal Lake, ILNovember 4, 2012
Routine schedules set with custom work set
Ability to learn while on the field
Very calm and relaxed work environment
Instructor (Current Employee), Crystal Lake, ILNovember 4, 2012
Routine schedules set with custom work set
Ability to learn while on the field
productive and progressive place to work.
Adjunct Instructor/Art Foundations (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILJune 2, 2012
Pros: progressive culture
Cons: parking
Loved the atmosphere of higher learning. Very progressive and latest technology available for staff and students.
Tutored Maths
Math tutor (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILMay 23, 2012
Tutored Maths, worked with professors. I met different kind of students. Working with all the ethnicities and personalities. Also, referred to students by professors.
Teachers are awesome and Faculty and Staff are fun to work with.
Inern Web Designer (Current Employee), Crystal LakeFebruary 17, 2012
Pros: work from home
Cons: unpaid internship
I am currently working here as part of an internship. And I love it. The faculty is really nice and very cooperative. I get to see my friends right after I'm done working and sometimes I work from home due to technical difficulties.